465 John Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 9412960301
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday : 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Casey Lund
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a back enclosed patio that can be reserved for 50-80 guests. it has a retractable awning that can be opened to the sky or closed under climate control.
- Private Party Contact: Molly Midlo 9412960301
A word from Shore Diner
Shore Diner is a fresh new American restaurant with a nod to Florida'sContinued
Mid-Century. Great place for a casual lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in a warm, modern environment.
Mid-Century. Great place for a casual lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in a warm, modern environment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Shore Diner - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Shore Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (106)fit for foodies (89)hot spot (70)neighborhood gem (62)vibrant bar scene (59)special occasion (48)great for lunch (47)good for groups (44)great for brunch (33)late-night find (32)scenic view (32)romantic (28)kid-friendly (25)notable wine list (7)Show More
- A night to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I went out with my girlfriend for dinner as it was our last dinner before she went to a university for 4 years, i booked a reservation online about 2 hours beforehand (it was a wednesday) i wrote in my reservation that i need a romantic spot for 2, we came a bit early at 6:10, we were greeted nicely, and our hostess for the evening showed us a nice spot in the corner with the table already set up very nice, the hostess was very friendly, energetic, ready to answer any question we had and knew the menu VERY good, i got the mussels and my girlfriend got the shrimps, anyway the food was served very fast (less then 10) minutes, it was cooked properly inside and out, overall we enjoyed our stay, and if given the opportunity will come back againSpecial Features:
- Something for EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/12/2014Well-prepared, innovative offerings are to be found at Shore. The menu changes every so often, and each incarnation brings interesting and delicious new choices. On this occasion, I chose one of their vegetarian selections, Roasted Cauliflower "Steak" - sounds a bit odd, but my-oh-my!!! One of my friends, who is not a vegetarian, also ordered it and was similarly impressed. Perfectly grilled, and served with a creamy veggie mash, drizzled with a balsamic reduction...excellent. Take a look at the menu; you'll find yourself heading to Shore ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calgarygirl49Dined on 8/8/2014Wonderful evening! Food was great. You have to try the calamari appetizer - the BEST I've ever had. Restaurant had a great ambience which improved even more when they retracted the roof. Service was not only efficient but very friendly. Only one negative - they are a fairly large restaurant and in the ladies' room there were only two stalls. Long lines whenever we went. One of my biggest pet peeves! Other then that the night was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- srqdinnerdinerDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent, the service was excellent, the ambiance was so-so simply because on a 95 degree day their A/C cannot keep up with the heat. We were hot! Typically, I would not choose an outdoor restaurant in Florida in the summer but this has air conditioned space however the entire front of the restaurant is open to the outside and it was just too hot and humid.Special Features:
- Best in AreaDS11VIPDined on 7/31/2014Fun place, great food, great atmosphere. Shore has a feel that it could be in NYC, Chicago or LA, very hip (especially for this area). Don't miss Kung pow calamari, the kale Caesar salad was also special, had no problem w a gluten free diner in our group. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !st visitFoodmasterDined on 7/30/2014Really terrific service, knowledgeable staff, menu selections, and above all - it was all very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique!nomsDined on 7/27/2014Awesome vibe, delicious food, fantastic service. Have already recommended to serve land will continue to do so. Just what st Armand's needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch!JackieDined on 7/27/2014I have been there twice now! Love this place. Awesome food and terrific atmosphere. I can't wait to go there again the next time I am in Sarasota!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not Excelling...mlhronDined on 7/26/2014Reservation for 4 @10:15 on a Saturday night. The ambiance was bland. There were only two more tables eating. The waitress did not get our drinks right, she brought the other table's drinks and was very confused. Then she brought part of our drinks (we were 4) and one took more than expected to arrive. We ordered and when our food came, the entrees were mixed up and they didn't know who ordered what... (we were 4 and there was only one or two more tables at the time). At 11:30 the waitress said that it was last call, we requested the check and it took a long while to arrive...Food was good, but not excelling. The snapper was fresh and the pasta with chorizo and clams was very good the cauliflower risotto with shrimp and scallops was ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We were disappointed, but we will try one more time. The food is a work in progress and needs some expert attention.
- Food & ambiance are always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2014Service was marked down slightly because the waiter asked if we wanted coloring materials for 2 kids, we said yes, and then he forgot to bring them, and was very slow in checking back with the table so we could ask again. Finally the food came after quite a long wait, even though the restaurant was not that busy on a Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first timeKaykayDined on 7/18/2014I have been to several restaurants at St. Armand Circle The Shore definitely has a different menu I was with a party of four and each one of us got something different we all tasted each other's and everything was fabulous. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami feel with great foodriquitinVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great combo of store and restaurant, beach with style and hip bar and dinning room, love open terraceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happinessfactorsDined on 7/12/2014spouse meat loaf great with vegetables nice and crisp. my ribs were fatty, with some grizzle;good flavor but not good ate 25 % and waiter never asked why or cared?Special Features:
- So good!ShelbeeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Love the food, love the margaritas and we have always had an awesome server!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach VibeMrBrianDined on 7/11/2014It makes you feel like you're on vacation. Crowded, energetic, happy... just a feel-good experience. Food and service are amazingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to goFoodieluvsorlandoDined on 7/11/2014Went to Shore Diner for second time in a month. Food was fantastic, especially loved the Mongolian Ribs!!!! Restaurant is somewhat noisy due to the openness but fine for night out with friends/family. Looking forward to dining there sometime later at night or in the fall when the temperature is cooler, so we can enjoy the retractible roof in the far dining area!!!!Special Features:
- Made us feel at home!luvmyteaDined on 7/10/2014In this particular area (St. Armand's Circle) many of the restaurants have that "tourist mill" feel, but Shore diner felt very friendly and treated us like valued customers. The food was simply fantastic and the service was great! (I get really thirsty at the beach and am a serial iced tea drinker and my glass was never dry before our server had a fresh one on the table for me.) I didn't rate the wine list or bar scene since I don't drink, but the bar looked full and the back of the menu had a pretty long wine and beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami-comparableMoonman609Dined on 7/9/2014Had some friends from Miami in town for a few days and dinner at Shore was a very impressive evening. They were not only very taken by the hip atmosphere of Shore, even for a summer evening, St. Armand's circle was buzzing with activity. They will certainly go back to Miami talking about their evening at Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort food & vegan meals.MammaMiaVIPDined on 7/6/2014My husband enjoyed his hamburger while I enjoyed the quinoa with roasted cauliflower curry meal.Special Features:
- Second visit to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014We had been to the shore for brunch. We returned for dinner and were not disappointed The food was excellent My boyfriend loves meatloaf and the shore's meatloaf did not disappoint. Kid friendly with a great children's menu. Service is a bit slow but overall a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Night Out!OutandAboutInSRQDined on 7/5/2014The Shore.. as always delivers a fantastic meal .. the Fried Chicken is the best in Sarasota.. cool decor..hip music.. great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFoodsnob905Dined on 7/4/2014We had the greatest server, Julia. She made the experience of dining there a pleasure. I had been there before but it was for lunch and after this time for dinner I think I will stick with this as a lunch spot.Special Features:
- LeslieVIPDined on 7/4/2014This was our 2nd time eating at Shore Diner and the food was outstanding. We had the carnitas tacos and the roasted beet salad, and both were awesome. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great new find in Sarasotalike2trynewplacesDined on 7/3/2014I found this on Open Table and decided to try it. It was great. I loved the menu. There are several things that I would like to try, so we will be back. The chef is creative and the menu had unique ingredients and pairings which I love. I had the mussels and beet salad. The mussels were different than I had before and they were wonderful; coconut curry with jalapeno made the perfect pairing of sweet and touch of hot. We went with another couple that enjoyed their meals as well.Special Features:
- Great favorable menuMammaMiaVIPDined on 6/30/2014Great crab cake. My husband went with the comfort food. He enjoyed the fried chicken with mashed potatoes. I had the grilled mahi mahi with a side of quinoa,date, and spaghetti squash...oh so favorable. We will be back to sample more.Special Features:
- LIMITED MENUSHARPKNIFEVIPDined on 6/28/2014The service at the Shore Diner was excellent but the menu was limited.Special Features:
- Great experienceMorlinDined on 6/27/2014Great ambiance and food! Will certainly dine here again on our next visit to the Sarasota area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Bar appetizers were excellent as were the drinks! Service was very good. It is definitely a little noisy in there due to all the hard surfaces, but the decor is desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2014we finally were able to try this well recommended restaurant for brunch and look forward to returning for dinner as we have heard that the food is always good. Brunch had great choices, the wait staff attentive and the wine list and cocktails are a well balanced group.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014This is another great restaurant in the circle, a fresh take on things and very good food, very clean as well which is what a restaurant should be.Special Features:
- ContemporaryJimboDined on 6/20/2014Best bar scene in st Armand's circle, exceptional food, specialty drinks and good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shore Diner St Armand'sBabsHDined on 6/20/2014I have one complaint. After the hostess seated us at our table, it took about 15 minutes before our waiter greeted us. The restaurant was not busy. We did not see our waiter, again, until we finished our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Food was very good and the service was very friendly, attentative and knowledgable. Our experiences with the staff there has always been really great. The place is very pretty and has a nice open air ambiance. Maybe a little nosier than I would like due to background music and conversations.Special Features:
- Online MenuCrickeyDined on 6/13/2014I studied the online menu during the day to decide what I wanted to order. I chose 2 possibilities and neither of them were on the actual menu so I was a little disappointed. I mentioned this to the server but she knew nothing about it. Still, the food is very good and I love eating on the front patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/12/2014What is great about Shore is it has so many seats you can stroll in there with 20 people or 2 people and they can always get you in. Food was fine, service was great...very attentive. Keep your music turned down one notch for people trying to talk. Food was fine.Special Features:
- Outstanding new place in the circlewgmomDined on 6/11/2014We enjoyed the food drink and service. Good menu options with some on trend items like kale Caesar salad and truffle fries. Burger cooked to order and flavorful. Jenna ribs tender and oh so juicy. Good beer selection. Loud but not overly uncomfortable. Food came out quickly even though they were busy. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inattentive waitress, food =good.ChattygalDined on 6/4/2014We had the most inattentive waitress I have had in a ling time. She had a huge table 15 sorority girls and paid almost no attention to us. She did not stay in top of taking our food order or drinks. We had to flag her down throughout the evening. The food was delicious so it made up for the bad service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodbitsandpiecesVIPDined on 6/3/2014Shore offers a nice, varied menu. Grouper and crab cakes were very good. The table of teenaged girls adjacent to ours had the most luscious, juicy burgers and fries. Our waitress was fabulous-knowledgable, friendly, attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!OrangesDined on 6/2/2014May be due to the fact that it was a quiet Monday night and the weather was fantastic, but my wife and I had a great dinner at Shore Diner. The snapper was amazing. We also loved the desserts! Our server was very attentive. It was an overall enjoyable evening.Special Features: