465 John Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 9412960301
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday : 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Casey Lund
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a back enclosed patio that can be reserved for 50-80 guests. it has a retractable awning that can be opened to the sky or closed under climate control.
- Private Party Contact: Molly Midlo 9412960301
A word from Shore Diner
Shore Diner is a fresh new American restaurant with a nod to Florida'sContinued
Mid-Century. Great place for a casual lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in a warm, modern environment.
Mid-Century. Great place for a casual lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in a warm, modern environment.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Shore Diner - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Shore Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (86)fit for foodies (80)hot spot (67)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (52)special occasion (42)good for groups (39)great for lunch (36)scenic view (32)great for brunch (30)late-night find (30)romantic (27)kid-friendly (20)notable wine list (6)Show More
- A Notable FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My first dining experience at Shore Diner and, it will certainly not be my last. The location, atmosphere, service and ability to appease the palette each co-mingled to ensure an outstanding dining experience. From the moment you walk in the door you immediately know you are in for a treat. The exciting preparation and excellent presentation of food choices are a specialty. Back this up with a near perfect wait staff and you'll find Shore to be a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty drinks and good eatsNomNomDined on 9/12/2014One of our favorite go-to restaurants in Sarasota. Went out on a limb (mussels in general are not on my fave list) and tried the Thai Curry Mussels with coconut, kaffir, chili & cilantro, and they were amazing. More than enough to share. My standby drink is Shore's Barrel Aged Cocktail- Scotch with fruity undertones served on the rocks, well technically one giant ice cube. Needless to say, no disappointment there! Dinner and drinks under the nighttime sky with the gulf breeze to keep you cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & fun eveningNYCbirthdaygirlDined on 9/11/2014We have eaten at Shore a number of times but tonight we brought friends from Bradenton who have not eaten there. Everything was delicious and we love the atmosphere! We shared appetizers, with the calamari and the mussels just being outstanding...our server was great and she let us take our time, ordering our courses at a leisurely pace. The risotto and the grouper were outstanding. The only disappointment of the evening was the ribeye, which my husband said just wasn't fabulous. But the chocolate cake and wine for dessert more than made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceRaniRouxDined on 9/7/2014This was our second visit to Shore -- the first for brunch. The service and ambience are spectacular, but nothing outshines the food! The quality of the ingredients and the creative, but intuitive preparations are really something they should be proud of. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014The place is busy, lively and seems to be a happening place. We were seated promptly at our reservation time, 7:30pm. When the waiter took our order, one person in the group ordered the special of Mahi Mahi. The waiter returned to our table 5 minutes later to tell us they were "all out" of the special. It's only 7:30 in the evening, too early to be out of the special. The other dinners were good but the after dinner coffee was barely warm.Special Features:
- Excellent spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was almost spot on. The macncheese was off last weekend which was disappointing, but other than that everything else was perfect. Great food overall. Great decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serverhydragirlDined on 9/6/2014We have dined at many restaurants, from fast food to fine dining with Michelin stars. This was our first time dining at this establishment. Our server's name was Sarah. She was extremely helpful and anticipated our needs well. We had ordered an appetizer and the rest of the meal followed timely, thanks to our server, who paced it well. The entire staff was great, very friendly and helpful. The only negative, which worked out fine, was that the head hostess (the one in black and white) asked us if we had a seating preference, but did not ask if we had a reservation, which we did, with a request for special seating. The seating was available, so it really wasn't an issue.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceBeachgurlDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress was very good and the food selection was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best YetDublinerInSWFLDined on 8/30/2014I find most food in SW Florida to be underwhelming. Chefs lack inspiration, it's cooked in chain restaurants, and people tend to settle for less. Not here. This was the best meal I've had in 10 years. THe ambience was perfect - a million miles from the staid, pre-packaged atmosphere created in most Florida restaurants. The music was perfect - a blend of modern and less so, perfect volume, not intrusive, just right! And the food - just excellent, Perfectly balanced flavors, beautifully presented, not too much, not too little. I had scallops and shrimp on a bed of cauliflower risotto, and it was genuinely excellent. The wine was well priced. I'd go back in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm going to Sarasota again soon just to dine at the Shore!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was excellent. Service was very good. Very nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointingsilverpalateVIPDined on 8/29/2014This was my second time visiting Shore. The first time the food was good. This time not so much. The Fire cracker Calamari was soggy, the Carnitas just a pile of bland meat with a little tomatillo salsa and the mussels were meh. Really a shame since the vibe is good and the circle could use a place like this.
- A night to rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I went out with my girlfriend for dinner as it was our last dinner before she went to a university for 4 years, i booked a reservation online about 2 hours beforehand (it was a wednesday) i wrote in my reservation that i need a romantic spot for 2, we came a bit early at 6:10, we were greeted nicely, and our hostess for the evening showed us a nice spot in the corner with the table already set up very nice, the hostess was very friendly, energetic, ready to answer any question we had and knew the menu VERY good, i got the mussels and my girlfriend got the shrimps, anyway the food was served very fast (less then 10) minutes, it was cooked properly inside and out, overall we enjoyed our stay, and if given the opportunity will come back againSpecial Features:
- Something for EveryoneSRQdinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Well-prepared, innovative offerings are to be found at Shore. The menu changes every so often, and each incarnation brings interesting and delicious new choices. On this occasion, I chose one of their vegetarian selections, Roasted Cauliflower "Steak" - sounds a bit odd, but my-oh-my!!! One of my friends, who is not a vegetarian, also ordered it and was similarly impressed. Perfectly grilled, and served with a creamy veggie mash, drizzled with a balsamic reduction...excellent. Take a look at the menu; you'll find yourself heading to Shore ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calgarygirl49Dined on 8/8/2014Wonderful evening! Food was great. You have to try the calamari appetizer - the BEST I've ever had. Restaurant had a great ambience which improved even more when they retracted the roof. Service was not only efficient but very friendly. Only one negative - they are a fairly large restaurant and in the ladies' room there were only two stalls. Long lines whenever we went. One of my biggest pet peeves! Other then that the night was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- srqdinnerdinerDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent, the service was excellent, the ambiance was so-so simply because on a 95 degree day their A/C cannot keep up with the heat. We were hot! Typically, I would not choose an outdoor restaurant in Florida in the summer but this has air conditioned space however the entire front of the restaurant is open to the outside and it was just too hot and humid.Special Features:
- Best in AreaDS11VIPDined on 7/31/2014Fun place, great food, great atmosphere. Shore has a feel that it could be in NYC, Chicago or LA, very hip (especially for this area). Don't miss Kung pow calamari, the kale Caesar salad was also special, had no problem w a gluten free diner in our group. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- !st visitFoodmasterDined on 7/30/2014Really terrific service, knowledgeable staff, menu selections, and above all - it was all very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique!nomsDined on 7/27/2014Awesome vibe, delicious food, fantastic service. Have already recommended to serve land will continue to do so. Just what st Armand's needed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch!JackieDined on 7/27/2014I have been there twice now! Love this place. Awesome food and terrific atmosphere. I can't wait to go there again the next time I am in Sarasota!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not Excelling...mlhronDined on 7/26/2014Reservation for 4 @10:15 on a Saturday night. The ambiance was bland. There were only two more tables eating. The waitress did not get our drinks right, she brought the other table's drinks and was very confused. Then she brought part of our drinks (we were 4) and one took more than expected to arrive. We ordered and when our food came, the entrees were mixed up and they didn't know who ordered what... (we were 4 and there was only one or two more tables at the time). At 11:30 the waitress said that it was last call, we requested the check and it took a long while to arrive...Food was good, but not excelling. The snapper was fresh and the pasta with chorizo and clams was very good the cauliflower risotto with shrimp and scallops was ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014We were disappointed, but we will try one more time. The food is a work in progress and needs some expert attention.
- Food & ambiance are always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2014Service was marked down slightly because the waiter asked if we wanted coloring materials for 2 kids, we said yes, and then he forgot to bring them, and was very slow in checking back with the table so we could ask again. Finally the food came after quite a long wait, even though the restaurant was not that busy on a Sunday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first timeKaykayDined on 7/18/2014I have been to several restaurants at St. Armand Circle The Shore definitely has a different menu I was with a party of four and each one of us got something different we all tasted each other's and everything was fabulous. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Miami feel with great foodriquitinVIPDined on 7/17/2014Great combo of store and restaurant, beach with style and hip bar and dinning room, love open terraceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happinessfactorsDined on 7/12/2014spouse meat loaf great with vegetables nice and crisp. my ribs were fatty, with some grizzle;good flavor but not good ate 25 % and waiter never asked why or cared?Special Features:
- So good!ShelbeeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Love the food, love the margaritas and we have always had an awesome server!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach VibeMrBrianDined on 7/11/2014It makes you feel like you're on vacation. Crowded, energetic, happy... just a feel-good experience. Food and service are amazingly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to goFoodieluvsorlandoDined on 7/11/2014Went to Shore Diner for second time in a month. Food was fantastic, especially loved the Mongolian Ribs!!!! Restaurant is somewhat noisy due to the openness but fine for night out with friends/family. Looking forward to dining there sometime later at night or in the fall when the temperature is cooler, so we can enjoy the retractible roof in the far dining area!!!!Special Features:
- Made us feel at home!luvmyteaDined on 7/10/2014In this particular area (St. Armand's Circle) many of the restaurants have that "tourist mill" feel, but Shore diner felt very friendly and treated us like valued customers. The food was simply fantastic and the service was great! (I get really thirsty at the beach and am a serial iced tea drinker and my glass was never dry before our server had a fresh one on the table for me.) I didn't rate the wine list or bar scene since I don't drink, but the bar looked full and the back of the menu had a pretty long wine and beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami-comparableMoonman609Dined on 7/9/2014Had some friends from Miami in town for a few days and dinner at Shore was a very impressive evening. They were not only very taken by the hip atmosphere of Shore, even for a summer evening, St. Armand's circle was buzzing with activity. They will certainly go back to Miami talking about their evening at Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort food & vegan meals.MammaMiaVIPDined on 7/6/2014My husband enjoyed his hamburger while I enjoyed the quinoa with roasted cauliflower curry meal.Special Features:
- Second visit to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2014We had been to the shore for brunch. We returned for dinner and were not disappointed The food was excellent My boyfriend loves meatloaf and the shore's meatloaf did not disappoint. Kid friendly with a great children's menu. Service is a bit slow but overall a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Night Out!OutandAboutInSRQDined on 7/5/2014The Shore.. as always delivers a fantastic meal .. the Fried Chicken is the best in Sarasota.. cool decor..hip music.. great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFoodsnob905Dined on 7/4/2014We had the greatest server, Julia. She made the experience of dining there a pleasure. I had been there before but it was for lunch and after this time for dinner I think I will stick with this as a lunch spot.Special Features:
- LeslieVIPDined on 7/4/2014This was our 2nd time eating at Shore Diner and the food was outstanding. We had the carnitas tacos and the roasted beet salad, and both were awesome. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Great new find in Sarasotalike2trynewplacesDined on 7/3/2014I found this on Open Table and decided to try it. It was great. I loved the menu. There are several things that I would like to try, so we will be back. The chef is creative and the menu had unique ingredients and pairings which I love. I had the mussels and beet salad. The mussels were different than I had before and they were wonderful; coconut curry with jalapeno made the perfect pairing of sweet and touch of hot. We went with another couple that enjoyed their meals as well.Special Features:
- Great favorable menuMammaMiaVIPDined on 6/30/2014Great crab cake. My husband went with the comfort food. He enjoyed the fried chicken with mashed potatoes. I had the grilled mahi mahi with a side of quinoa,date, and spaghetti squash...oh so favorable. We will be back to sample more.Special Features:
- LIMITED MENUSHARPKNIFEVIPDined on 6/28/2014The service at the Shore Diner was excellent but the menu was limited.Special Features:
- Great experienceMorlinDined on 6/27/2014Great ambiance and food! Will certainly dine here again on our next visit to the Sarasota area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Bar appetizers were excellent as were the drinks! Service was very good. It is definitely a little noisy in there due to all the hard surfaces, but the decor is desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.