Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
2169 Kalia Road - Suite 118
Outrigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki Beach
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shorebirdwaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089222887
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: The Shore Bird features nightly entertainment presenting the islands best talent...starting at 5 pm. Free Nightly Sing-a-long Karaoke 9:30 till closing.
A word from Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
For the past 29 years, Island residents and tourists alike have flocked to the Shore Bird, making it one of Waikiki's most venerated institutions. It's the thrill of the grill that has captured guests imaginations and appetites for more than two decades. Shore Bird is not just a place to eat. Shore Bird is an experience where all guests have a lot of fun! Servers interact with our guests and not just serve them. The over all concept is "Aloha". Guests are responsible for for grilling their own dinner entrees but they don't have to be master barbecurers. An experienced grill hand and a large clock help make the process easy. Here's how it works: Steaks and seafood come to the table fresh on a platter with instructions. Guest are able to season and then prepare their entree exactly to their liking . All entrees include the salad bar, which showcases more than 25 items, such as fresh greens, garnishes, fruits, tako poke, rice, bread and pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (48)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (24)special occasion (14)romantic (13)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Fun cook your own food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. Service was good! Accommodated with gluten free bun! Very tasty! It was too dark in restaurant couldn't see our meal!Special Features:
- A bargain in Waikiki Beach1Deb79Dined on 10/21/2014We haven't been back to Waikiki Beach for many years, and the prices have certainly gone through the roof. However, the Shorebird has reasonable prices for excellent quality. AND you're sitting next to Waikiki Beach. You can walk on the beach after you finish dinner. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- nice change of pacejport7Dined on 10/20/2014It is fun grilling your own food at a restaurant. Seems strange, but it breaks up the normal dinner pattern. We had a table next to the water, so that only added to it. My only complaint is the glasses used for cocktails. Picture a small orange juice glass. Not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pop in for Happy HourMACCDined on 10/19/20144 of us went to the Shore Bird the other night for dinner. Perfect setting and lovely scenic views of Waikiki Beach. We found the service slow or non existant and our meals were very average. Salad bar used to be good. I still think they make one of the best Mai Tai's on the beach. Skip the dinner and pop in for happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteLuv2shorebirdDined on 10/17/2014It's our first place to eat at and our last night too. We love this place and wish it was staying. It has the best service, great food & you can't go wrong with a plantation tea !!! If your going to Waikiki make this a stop for dinner ! They even have an early bird special which is good - but the ribeye is the prize!!Special Features:
- 自分でお肉を焼くスタイルが楽しいnanaDined on 10/1/2014お肉の塊を自分で好みの焼き加減に焼けるのが楽しかったです。 海側の席をリクエストしたので、綺麗なサンセットも見られました(^-^)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Preeminent for a viewrio46Dined on 9/29/2014The kind of salad bar is abundant and all delicious. The style which roasts meat by itself is interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Dissapointed!!mae613Dined on 9/28/2014We went to the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. I have been there before and this time I found the service and quality of breakfast food was poor. For breakfast buffet we wanted to order a diet soft drink as the person dining with us is diabetic and cant drink juices they wanted to charged us $3.00 extra for the soft drink. I have never been to a buffet where u have to pay extra for this. The dinner salad bar was nothing special and just had your basics. Not worth the money. The waitresses didn;t come back to our tables for anything at both dinner and breakfast. Service was very slow and the breakfast buffet is comparable to a hotel free breakfast, nothing special Would not come back to the restaurant again. Very Dissapointed!!Special Features:
- Casual and fun diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Always dependable for good food, prompt service, and good value. Great place to meet friends, but you gotta grill your On my way! Meat or fish. Go right before sunset and enjoy the awesome view of diamond head and the sunset!Special Features:
- WonderfulmmcampiVIPDined on 9/21/2014It is a great place to bring visitors to this place to view the sunset view and grill your own steaks and fish! Delicious cocktails too!Special Features:
- Good restaurantnonoDined on 9/19/2014good view,good food,good bear ,good peoples good restaurant.Special Features:
- A must goTravDined on 9/19/2014Ver friendly staff. Food was great. Salad bar was amazing. A great grill chef was there at all times giving advice on how to cook your meat. One bad thing was the number of pigeons flying inside of the premises. I would advise that if patrons want to eat at tables closes to the water, wear sunscreen and a hat. The sun can be brutal but the scenic view is well worth it. I will definitely take my family back again.Special Features:
- great restaurantyokoDined on 9/18/2014wa had a great timea great food, drink ,servise and great view if i hava a chance to go to hawaii again i would like to go the restautrantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shorebirds2ndnaturediningDined on 9/13/2014If you love to bbq your own food, then this is the place. I went with an old friend of mine and it was a wonderful experience. Of course my other half doesn't particularly like to bbq her own food so I did it for her. I had the New York Strip, the best cut I believe for grilling. My other half had a teriyaki chicken kabob, and my friend had the tried and true rib eye. The grilling area had ample room for all that were grilling their goodies and we met several new friends as we all waited for our food to grill. If you aren't a pro at it, there were several staff members to gladly assist. The buffet had just what we needed to complete a semi-healthy grill meal.Special Features:
- Disappointedpassion4diningDined on 9/13/2014Heard so much about this restaurant but was very disappointed. Food was just ok! Great concept but I think someone need to re-think how to make the experience better. I guess the price was "reasonable" so couldn't expect better service. The ONE POSITIVE THING is that the restaurant has an AWESOME VIEW.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOldGuyDined on 9/12/2014Second time there. Ate there last April when in town in Honolulu and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This time I was very disappointed to see that they had removed the pork loin from the menu. The server was very sweet but inattentive. Understandably, the restaurant was overrun by Japanese tourists - while working through the salad bar (excellent) I was elbowed aside on more than one occasion by such, and when I protested, instant passive aggressive behavior. Same experience at the grill. The steak ($31.00 rib eye) was no better than USDA Choice - poor marbling with very average taste. The theme for the restaurant is very cool, (and I know they can't control their customers' actions,) but, for the price I will try somewhere else.Special Features:
- 自分で焼くステーキは美味しかった！！YurikoDined on 9/12/2014サラダバーがサラダだけではなく、いろいろなお料理がついてて良かったです。夫婦でメインのステーキを１品頼んで、サラダバーだけを追加しました。満足でした。夜７時３０分の予約で行きましたが、日没後でオーシャンビューは臨めなかったので、昼間～夕方がおすすめです。すぐそこが海なので、すごく素敵だと思います。Special Features:
- nice view & food!!misalohaDined on 9/9/2014I love this spot. Sunset Speacial with nice view...yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Great views, unquie concept cook your own entree, but a must do in WaikikiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewfoodie808Dined on 8/30/2014Loved the breakfast buffet, great selection and great service.Special Features:
- Bad food!SeattlefoodieDined on 8/22/2014The only thing this restaurant has going for it is that it's right on the beach. The good is terrible.Special Features:
- Good for familyJugon90Dined on 8/21/2014The buffet and grill it myself style was fun for kids. All of us are fully satisfied and want to go there again. All Staff also were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you！lilikoiDined on 8/20/2014This time thank you for our having food allegy support kindly. I am very appriciate.Special Features:
- wonderful viewsRintarowaveDined on 8/17/2014Meal while watching the sunset was the best!!! The children were also excited. I also want to go!!!Special Features:
- It's super restaurant !!chamateaDined on 8/15/2014I was very enjoyed the dinner with my family . We had good servise and wonderful dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 最高のサンセット！YoshiDined on 8/15/2014予約の６時３０分に来店しましたが、少し待ってほしいということで待ちました。ほどなく呼ばれたので中に入ると、予約時にお願いしておいたビーチサイドを用意してくれました。７時頃からサンセットタイムでしたが、それは今まで生きた４０年間で最高にきれいな夕日だと思いました。しかしサンセットの後、２０～３０分がたまらなくきれいでした。空が暗くなるまでの色の変化はちょっと日本では見ることがないのではないでしょうか、素晴らしかったです。そして、肝心の料理ですが、肉は最高にやわらかくおいしいです。が、スタッフに言われた通りの時間をストップウォッチで測っておかないと焼きすぎて悲惨なことになるでしょう！ちゃんと焼けた肉は本当においしいですよ！！景色と料理に大満足でした！Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service, great foodAha3VIPDined on 8/15/2014We've dined here many times and we keep coming back for more. The service is excellent and the food is delicious. I especially love the ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ocean view!!amaikuDined on 8/10/2014Thank you fun time. very nice Ocean view and sanset. Foods were good taste.It was pleasant to be burnt with foods in oneself. And staff was very kind. We want to do again!!Special Features:
- Thank you for good dinner.8080Dined on 8/9/2014We highly appreciate for your restaurant's good service and foods. Above all, we were very much satisfied with your gentle and kindest correspondence soon after my booking the table. Thanks to your quick responses to our e-mails from Japan and kind taking care of our requests, we could feel at ease even before we actually visit the restaurant. This time was our second visit to you since our honeymoon in 1996. Our good impression was deepened!! We are looking forward to visiting your restaurant again with inviting other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad experienceTravelersVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took the 930 reservation what a huge mistake The minute we showed up I knew we were in trouble since we showed at 930 and said we are here for dinner the first thing I got was the hostess rolling her eyes at us You know what if you don't want us there at 930 don't offer reservations for that time. So we got seated instead of cooking ourselves we let them cook my wife had the chicken skewers that were good I had a rack of ribs that got burned Beyond recognition so I waved the server down and instead of offering to remake she said well we have closed the kitchen I can offer you a hot dog or a slider. In the mean time they had already closed the salad bar so my dinner was a small plate of salad period. Have been there 8 times won't go back
- 肉がうまいOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014ステーキというより、ブロック肉が美味しい。店員さんのサービスも良い。ロケーションはウォータフロントでさ最高。さすがに伝統あるお店です。アイスティーおかわりしなかったけどおかわり自由だったかも。また行きたい。Special Features:
- Good EverythingSue2UDined on 7/22/2014We've been before and we still enjoy everything. Salad bar was great, service was good and I know my food will be cooked just the way I like it. The only thing is they only have one dessert item, so don't save room for dessert.Special Features:
- good!minminDined on 7/18/2014nice food, great service! Next time, I want to eat steak at dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014We were able to request an ocean side table which was practically on the ocean. You can't beat the location. The food was as expected, decent quality. The service was good, however the entire flow was confusing. You ordered and they brought you the food to cook immediately, without giving you a chance to go to the salad bar (average) and without explaining how it all works. The food was good because we cooked it. The best part of this restaurant is the location.Special Features:
- Terrible reservations policyCAfamilyVIPDined on 7/3/2014I grew up in Hawaii and have many fond memories of the Shore Bird. Must have eaten there over a dozen times. On a recent trip I thought I would bring my sons and show them the restaurant. I made reservations a week in advance and asked for a table near the water. When we arrived we were told we'd would need to wait 40 minutes for a beach side table, despite the fact that there were 7 open tables next to the water. Instead, they seated us in the very back corner if the restaurant, in an area where there was not even a glimpse of the ocean. Maybe they save those beach side tables for people who reserve directly? Doesn't seem fair. I was so disappointed not to be able to give my kids the fun ocean view dining. Won't ever go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Requested a beach table weeks before and was put near B- b-Que, on reservation we said it was a birthday, waitress asked whose birthday it was then didn't follow thru with any birthday song or dessert like at other tables. Salad bar was food, the fish, steak was good. We go there once a month, so they recognize us, but the service is their weakest area and they don't care because it is always packed, being on the beach at Waikiki. It won't stop us from coming, but soon Waikiki Shores next door will be opening restaurants up on the beach and they will have a little competition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 407 reviews are from the Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar reviews archive.
- Shore BirdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We requested a seat along the shoreline as we had a visitor from LA. it was a relaxing brunch - food was great, view terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- とても素晴らしいロケーションでディナーを楽しめました！yukiDined on 6/27/2014すぐ目の前がビーチで、波打ち際までの距離が短いから海が間近に感じ、心地良く食事が楽しめて素敵でした！自分でお肉を焼くのも楽しかったし、ビュッフェスタイルのサラダも良かったです。お肉もサラダも美味しくいただけました。6月27日（金）18時からの予約でしたが、時間通り到着後すぐに案内してくれました。総合的に大満足です。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine by diamondheadlucky13Dined on 6/20/2014Very nice ocean atmosphere. Great fruit and salad bar. Nice surf sounds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysJJandTedDined on 6/19/2014We returned for the forth time to shorebird. We always book in here for our first night in Waikiki when we arrive from Auckland. It is the ultimate welcome to Hawaii and a greet start to our holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.