Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
2169 Kalia Road - Suite 118
Outrigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki Beach
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shorebirdwaikiki.com/
- Phone: (808) 922-2887
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: The Shore Bird features nightly entertainment presenting the islands best talent...starting at 5 pm. Free Nightly Sing-a-long Karaoke 9:30 till closing.
A word from Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar
For the past 29 years, Island residents and tourists alike have flocked to the Shore Bird, making it one of Waikiki's most venerated institutions. It's the thrill of the grill that has captured guests imaginations and appetites for more than two decades. Shore Bird is not just a place to eat. Shore Bird is an experience where all guests have a lot of fun! Servers interact with our guests and not just serve them. The over all concept is "Aloha". Guests are responsible for for grilling their own dinner entrees but they don't have to be master barbecurers. An experienced grill hand and a large clock help make the process easy. Here's how it works: Steaks and seafood come to the table fresh on a platter with instructions. Guest are able to season and then prepare their entree exactly to their liking . All entrees include the salad bar, which showcases more than 25 items, such as fresh greens, garnishes, fruits, tako poke, rice, bread and pasta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (48)great for outdoor dining (38)good for groups (26)special occasion (18)romantic (16)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (8)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Hostesses had a bit of an attitude. Chef at grill and server were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badHeatherDined on 11/10/2014Fairly dark, a little loud, but it was fun for the group to go grill our own dinner.
- Excellent!Notchback25Dined on 11/4/2014We have been to the Shore Bird quite a few times. The service is great! Have a Lava Flow drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinneronerustuDined on 11/1/2014You can find coupons online to make it more affordable. Went here for my birthday and was seated right by the watee. Too bad it was dark, but there were lights so you could tell you were by the water. Salad bar is good, wish there were more options for the salad but oh well. When we first came years ago, there was poke on the bat, guess it got too expensive. Steaks were a good cut, I like being able to cook my own meat. It also makes it a lot more affordable. They have different seasonings you can put on it. It does get hot by the grill so bring a drink for while you wait. if you are just eating. Great. Where it gets expensive is when you start adding drinks. Hubby and I had total of 5 drinks for $50. (That included some beer)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantplumeriamako3Dined on 10/31/2014Whenever we are in Hawaii, we visit there and have a great time. atmosphere is good, rib-eye stake is the best!! We also love that salad bar! everything is the best for us. It was Halloween, we could have a great time there.Special Features:
- Casual Dining on WaikikiunclealDined on 10/31/2014Been about 10 years since we've eaten here. Had friends staying at a nearby hotel, so thought we'd give it a try again. Also heard the restaurant was going to close at the end of the year due to redevelopment, so wanted to go for old times' sake. We showed up about 30 minutes earlier than our reservation, and although the place seemed packed, we were seated right away. Service was friendly and adequately attentive. Great salad bar, and the steaks and fish we ordered were OK. Not for everyone, though...you cook your own. Very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun DiningParshuuterDined on 10/29/2014Shorebird's is in a great location and provides a unique dining experience where you basically grill your own meat/fish. Our waiter was very helpful with the instructions on how to order anyhow to cook. Instructions for grilling were available at the large grill as were numerous staff to assist with any questions. Great view and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Salad bar extensive but quite bland and unexciting - cooking your own steak or fish nice gimmick - but food overall bland. The best thing about Shore Bird restaurant is its position overlooking the ocean.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun cook your own food!JaneVIPDined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. Service was good! Accommodated with gluten free bun! Very tasty! It was too dark in restaurant couldn't see our meal!Special Features:
- A bargain in Waikiki Beach1Deb79Dined on 10/21/2014We haven't been back to Waikiki Beach for many years, and the prices have certainly gone through the roof. However, the Shorebird has reasonable prices for excellent quality. AND you're sitting next to Waikiki Beach. You can walk on the beach after you finish dinner. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- nice change of pacejport7Dined on 10/20/2014It is fun grilling your own food at a restaurant. Seems strange, but it breaks up the normal dinner pattern. We had a table next to the water, so that only added to it. My only complaint is the glasses used for cocktails. Picture a small orange juice glass. Not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pop in for Happy HourMACCDined on 10/19/20144 of us went to the Shore Bird the other night for dinner. Perfect setting and lovely scenic views of Waikiki Beach. We found the service slow or non existant and our meals were very average. Salad bar used to be good. I still think they make one of the best Mai Tai's on the beach. Skip the dinner and pop in for happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must do!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I highly recommend Shore Bird as a "must do" on your Hawaii trip. Combine Wakiki Beach, Diamond Head, Palm Trees and Tiki Torches with an incredible view, friendly service, good food, and you get one great rewarding Hawaiian experience!Special Features:
- Always a favoriteLuv2shorebirdDined on 10/17/2014It's our first place to eat at and our last night too. We love this place and wish it was staying. It has the best service, great food & you can't go wrong with a plantation tea !!! If your going to Waikiki make this a stop for dinner ! They even have an early bird special which is good - but the ribeye is the prize!!Special Features:
- 自分でお肉を焼くスタイルが楽しいnanaDined on 10/1/2014お肉の塊を自分で好みの焼き加減に焼けるのが楽しかったです。 海側の席をリクエストしたので、綺麗なサンセットも見られました(^-^)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Preeminent for a viewrio46Dined on 9/29/2014The kind of salad bar is abundant and all delicious. The style which roasts meat by itself is interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Dissapointed!!mae613Dined on 9/28/2014We went to the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. I have been there before and this time I found the service and quality of breakfast food was poor. For breakfast buffet we wanted to order a diet soft drink as the person dining with us is diabetic and cant drink juices they wanted to charged us $3.00 extra for the soft drink. I have never been to a buffet where u have to pay extra for this. The dinner salad bar was nothing special and just had your basics. Not worth the money. The waitresses didn;t come back to our tables for anything at both dinner and breakfast. Service was very slow and the breakfast buffet is comparable to a hotel free breakfast, nothing special Would not come back to the restaurant again. Very Dissapointed!!Special Features:
- Casual and fun diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Always dependable for good food, prompt service, and good value. Great place to meet friends, but you gotta grill your On my way! Meat or fish. Go right before sunset and enjoy the awesome view of diamond head and the sunset!Special Features:
- WonderfulmmcampiVIPDined on 9/21/2014It is a great place to bring visitors to this place to view the sunset view and grill your own steaks and fish! Delicious cocktails too!Special Features:
- Good restaurantnonoDined on 9/19/2014good view,good food,good bear ,good peoples good restaurant.Special Features:
- A must goTravDined on 9/19/2014Ver friendly staff. Food was great. Salad bar was amazing. A great grill chef was there at all times giving advice on how to cook your meat. One bad thing was the number of pigeons flying inside of the premises. I would advise that if patrons want to eat at tables closes to the water, wear sunscreen and a hat. The sun can be brutal but the scenic view is well worth it. I will definitely take my family back again.Special Features:
- great restaurantyokoDined on 9/18/2014wa had a great timea great food, drink ,servise and great view if i hava a chance to go to hawaii again i would like to go the restautrantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shorebirds2ndnaturediningDined on 9/13/2014If you love to bbq your own food, then this is the place. I went with an old friend of mine and it was a wonderful experience. Of course my other half doesn't particularly like to bbq her own food so I did it for her. I had the New York Strip, the best cut I believe for grilling. My other half had a teriyaki chicken kabob, and my friend had the tried and true rib eye. The grilling area had ample room for all that were grilling their goodies and we met several new friends as we all waited for our food to grill. If you aren't a pro at it, there were several staff members to gladly assist. The buffet had just what we needed to complete a semi-healthy grill meal.Special Features:
- Disappointedpassion4diningDined on 9/13/2014Heard so much about this restaurant but was very disappointed. Food was just ok! Great concept but I think someone need to re-think how to make the experience better. I guess the price was "reasonable" so couldn't expect better service. The ONE POSITIVE THING is that the restaurant has an AWESOME VIEW.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOldGuyDined on 9/12/2014Second time there. Ate there last April when in town in Honolulu and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This time I was very disappointed to see that they had removed the pork loin from the menu. The server was very sweet but inattentive. Understandably, the restaurant was overrun by Japanese tourists - while working through the salad bar (excellent) I was elbowed aside on more than one occasion by such, and when I protested, instant passive aggressive behavior. Same experience at the grill. The steak ($31.00 rib eye) was no better than USDA Choice - poor marbling with very average taste. The theme for the restaurant is very cool, (and I know they can't control their customers' actions,) but, for the price I will try somewhere else.Special Features:
- 自分で焼くステーキは美味しかった！！YurikoDined on 9/12/2014サラダバーがサラダだけではなく、いろいろなお料理がついてて良かったです。夫婦でメインのステーキを１品頼んで、サラダバーだけを追加しました。満足でした。夜７時３０分の予約で行きましたが、日没後でオーシャンビューは臨めなかったので、昼間～夕方がおすすめです。すぐそこが海なので、すごく素敵だと思います。Special Features:
- nice view & food!!misalohaDined on 9/9/2014I love this spot. Sunset Speacial with nice view...yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Great views, unquie concept cook your own entree, but a must do in WaikikiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing viewfoodie808Dined on 8/30/2014Loved the breakfast buffet, great selection and great service.Special Features:
- Bad food!SeattlefoodieDined on 8/22/2014The only thing this restaurant has going for it is that it's right on the beach. The good is terrible.Special Features:
- Good for familyJugon90Dined on 8/21/2014The buffet and grill it myself style was fun for kids. All of us are fully satisfied and want to go there again. All Staff also were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you！lilikoiDined on 8/20/2014This time thank you for our having food allegy support kindly. I am very appriciate.Special Features:
- wonderful viewsRintarowaveDined on 8/17/2014Meal while watching the sunset was the best!!! The children were also excited. I also want to go!!!Special Features:
- It's super restaurant !!chamateaDined on 8/15/2014I was very enjoyed the dinner with my family . We had good servise and wonderful dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 最高のサンセット！YoshiDined on 8/15/2014予約の６時３０分に来店しましたが、少し待ってほしいということで待ちました。ほどなく呼ばれたので中に入ると、予約時にお願いしておいたビーチサイドを用意してくれました。７時頃からサンセットタイムでしたが、それは今まで生きた４０年間で最高にきれいな夕日だと思いました。しかしサンセットの後、２０～３０分がたまらなくきれいでした。空が暗くなるまでの色の変化はちょっと日本では見ることがないのではないでしょうか、素晴らしかったです。そして、肝心の料理ですが、肉は最高にやわらかくおいしいです。が、スタッフに言われた通りの時間をストップウォッチで測っておかないと焼きすぎて悲惨なことになるでしょう！ちゃんと焼けた肉は本当においしいですよ！！景色と料理に大満足でした！Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service, great foodAha3VIPDined on 8/15/2014We've dined here many times and we keep coming back for more. The service is excellent and the food is delicious. I especially love the ribeye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ocean view!!amaikuDined on 8/10/2014Thank you fun time. very nice Ocean view and sanset. Foods were good taste.It was pleasant to be burnt with foods in oneself. And staff was very kind. We want to do again!!Special Features:
- Thank you for good dinner.8080Dined on 8/9/2014We highly appreciate for your restaurant's good service and foods. Above all, we were very much satisfied with your gentle and kindest correspondence soon after my booking the table. Thanks to your quick responses to our e-mails from Japan and kind taking care of our requests, we could feel at ease even before we actually visit the restaurant. This time was our second visit to you since our honeymoon in 1996. Our good impression was deepened!! We are looking forward to visiting your restaurant again with inviting other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad experienceTravelersVIPDined on 8/3/2014Took the 930 reservation what a huge mistake The minute we showed up I knew we were in trouble since we showed at 930 and said we are here for dinner the first thing I got was the hostess rolling her eyes at us You know what if you don't want us there at 930 don't offer reservations for that time. So we got seated instead of cooking ourselves we let them cook my wife had the chicken skewers that were good I had a rack of ribs that got burned Beyond recognition so I waved the server down and instead of offering to remake she said well we have closed the kitchen I can offer you a hot dog or a slider. In the mean time they had already closed the salad bar so my dinner was a small plate of salad period. Have been there 8 times won't go back
- 肉がうまいOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014ステーキというより、ブロック肉が美味しい。店員さんのサービスも良い。ロケーションはウォータフロントでさ最高。さすがに伝統あるお店です。アイスティーおかわりしなかったけどおかわり自由だったかも。また行きたい。Special Features:
- The following 413 reviews are from the Shore Bird Restaurant & Beach Bar reviews archive.