Shor Seafood at the Hyatt Resort & Spa
601 Front Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Shor Seafood at the Hyatt Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.keywest.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp
- Phone: 3058094000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:30am; Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm;
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Daylight savings: 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Higgins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us every Thursday for live entertainment from 4:30pm-7:30pm
Blue Mojito offers Daily Happy Hour from 4-6pm
With half off select appertizers and daily drink speacials.
- Special Events: Let SHOR American Seafood Grill make your special occasion a night to remember. A private candle lit dinner on our beach. A special place to celebrate a birthday. We are able to accommodate almost any special request!
A word from Shor Seafood at the Hyatt Resort & Spa
Shor American Seafood Grill captures the essence of contemporary cuisine and Key West living. Immense pride is taken in the preparation of fresh, local ingredients where relaxation comes second to none. You will experience the best spot to view the famous Key West sunset. Shor is the perfect place for a special event or a casual meal out.Continued
Join us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, seven days a week.
Join us for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, seven days a week.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shor Seafood at the Hyatt Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (14)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- nice ambianceLeoDuettoDined on 9/4/2014It is a very nice place. Beautiful view on the ocean... great sunset. Fresh fish. Great service. A bit expensive but it is Hyatt quality and you pay for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as Clearwater Beach, FLFoodie1344Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I were visiting Key West and got excited when we saw there was a Shor in the hotel next to ours. We had dined, several times, at the Shor on Clearwater Beach. The food there was always amazing. Unfortunately, the Key West Shor did not measure up. The food was not terrible, the calamari fries were seriously over-salted. When the restaurant manager came to our table to check on us, we informed her of this, so she could inform the chef. She offered to take the calamari off our bill. But, when my husband received the bill, the calamari was still on it. We payed the bill, but informed our waiter of the mix-up. The chef in Key West should take a trip North to Clearwater Beach.Special Features:
- Shor is specialSugarLoaferVIPDined on 8/16/2014The service was attentive, the drinks were refreshing, the room is lovely, the view is spectacular, and the food was delicious, whether it was a salad or a sandwich. I will go back, and I recommend to anyone looking for a nice spot for a terrific lunch downtown.Special Features:
- Good good, good serviceJeremyDined on 8/10/2014Great spot for the sunset. Good and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Waiter-Hostess was poorBoboliVIPDined on 8/5/2014I had dinner there. The hostess was non-existent. I waited over 10 minutes to be seated when the restaurant was empty. More importantly she did not even bother to acknowledge us. A waitress had to come by and sit us down at the table. I almost left the restaurant. Given how few people were there the hostess should be doing the best to make any customer walking in feel comfortable. The food was very tasty and our waiter did do his best to salvage the evening. I just cannot help but have a bad taste in my mouth concerning the service from the hostess. The waiter would get 4 stars but the hostess would get 0 stars so that is why I rate the service 3.Special Features:
- Organic at its bestOrganicDined on 6/16/2014The healthy and delicious organic options will bring me back to this restaurant! Plus the 20% locals discount all day every day! Thank you Paula W HoustonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendMissBDined on 6/11/2014The service was pitiful she took forever to first acknowledge us and once she did she did not pay much attention to us. The food was okay. Mediocre at best. We did have a wonderful viewSpecial Features:
- The following 122 reviews are from the Shor Seafood at the Hyatt Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2014My wife and I were looking for a nice place to have dinner and enjoy the Key West sunset. Could not have made a better selection. View was great, food and service were awesome. As good as it was, the one thing I found surprising was that the place was relatively empty. I guess its because it is the hotel restaurant and so many other options abound in Key West. We definetely will be back.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This wasn't the largest Mother's Day Brunch we've been to. But it was extremely nice. All the staff was welcoming and friendly. And the view - well, it is Key West ! The server kept our glasses filled with mimosas and champagne, and we had plenty of water too. The food was very good - oysters on the half-shell, and large, perfectly cooked peel & eat shrimp. The omelet station was pretty standard, and we bypassed, but they also had a fritatta, bacon and chicken sausage, which was great!. There was roast pork, prime rib, potatoes, carrots, and some excellent grilled asparagus. All sauces were delicious! There was a small salad bar with fresh varied greens, some wonderful jalapeno muffins, croissants, other breads, and desserts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We are locals but had not been to the Shor in several years. It was a delightful experience and I wish more locals were aware of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Amazing food, service, and sunsets!brassdaddyDined on 4/27/2014We were a group of four close friends and wanted to do one special night out in Key West. So happy we found Shor. The setting and service were exceptional. Food was prepared beautifully and delicious. They had outdoor dining on a lovely porch, but inside dining was very nice too, all with views of the water and sunset in the West.Special Features:
- Beautiful sunsetFrancieDined on 4/25/2014Love the alfresco dining and the beautiful view of the sunset…the service was slow and the waiter did not turn on his listening skills… Not sure he is cut out to be a waiter…could only bring one drink at a time…what's up with that??? Strange. The lobster bisque, good. I turned the crab cake appetizer into my entree with a side of grilled asparagus - EXCELLENT!! The key lime creme brûlée which they raved about did not even taste like key lime very disappointing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnershor3dinnerDined on 4/22/2014We had dinner here in April. The weather was gorgeous and we ate on the terrace. It was around 8 pm and had the opportunity to see the sunset .... a gorgeous one! The food was good and services outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a special treatmeggoDined on 4/20/2014We moved recently to Key West and were here for our first major holiday away from family back home, so we wanted to treat ourselves. We made a perfect choice picking Shor. It was a lovely Easter evening, fairly quiet, pretty sunset, other quiet diners and fabulous food. The service is outstanding, and the salad with the fried goat cheese is to die for. Highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great food, wretched serviceJonPVIPDined on 4/3/2014Overall we had a very nice table overlooking the harbor and great view of the sunset. Food was very good. Service on the other hand was atrocious. The host was some buffoon and our server was just as bad. Took 20 minutes to even come to the table when we were 1 of three tables. He took even longer to take our drinks and then our food order. After we finished our meal we waited another half hour for our check that never came. I had to flag him down to get it and then we waited another 15 minutes and never got the check. I finally went inside and to the bus station and waited for him to print it out in front of me. Don't waste your money on this place, far better restaurants with just as good food and not half the price for such poor service.Special Features:
- Great PlaceCarolVIPDined on 4/1/2014Food was exceptional. Have gone here each year as we visit Key West but this year the food was really exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress initially was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014Waitress initially was very attentive but somewhere Got involved in numerous long conversations w Other guests . We waited for dessert... Waited a long time For check. Good was very salty. Overall....disappointed
- Dinner marred by weatherGManDined on 3/25/2014We were seated immediately for our 6 reservation. The weather appeared fine and it was good to sit on the veranda with a nice view. Our server Jason was very friendly and helpful in going over the menu. We started with the fried calamari which was done perfectly. The chili-ketchup sauce for dipping was just okay. We had the tile fish w/garlic smash and green beans. The fish was done perfectly and was a big hit. We also had the jumbo shrimp in a lite tomato sauce over angel hair pasta. The shrimp were cooked perfectly, however the sauce was not spicy as advertised and it could've used a little more pasta. During dinner the weather changed and became windy and cloudy which put a damper on our outdoor dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointment...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Our meal was a disappointment. The food took a long-time to be plated, service was slow, and the dishes were served lukewarm. The entrées were OK, but the bisque was very salty/pasty and the dessert was poorly executed. We ate at a number of other nice restaurants in Key West; this one was our most expensive and the poorest relative value in our humble opinion.Special Features:
- Soooooo QuietSteveVIPDined on 2/6/2014Went there for a special occasion as we were staying at the Hyatt. First, the menu on the Hyatt website doesn't even come close to the actual menu. We arrived at 8:00 and were one of three tables, by 8:30, we were the ONLY table (Thursday night) in the whole restaurant! Food was presented nicely, but not extremely hot. Very odd considering the lack of customers. We did eat breakfast here also and it was quite good, just would never return for dinner. We like places to be a little more "happening", you could hear a pin drop.Special Features:
- View was great, food wasn't.OnewvugradVIPDined on 2/5/2014This year we decided to visit Shor for our anniversary dinner. The view was amazing. However, dinner was very disappointing. I ordered the mahi mahi and it really lacked taste and was overly salty. My quinoa was also very salty. The table next to us sent their fish back so I realized it wasn't just me. They described their fish as bitter. I ordered key lime creme brûlée for dessert. The carmalized layer on top was burnt and awful. We were seated outside, but I definitely wouldn't describe it as romantic. We were seated close to other people and the waitress didn't seem thrilled to be there. The price was high and experience wasn't great. I wish we would have chosen somewhere else to spend our special day. I'll stick to breakfast at Shor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Key WestMICKIEVIPDined on 1/27/2014After the noise on Duval Street, this was an oasis of calm and beauty. We reserved a table on the deck overlooking the expansive harbor and setting sun. Our waiter, Jason, was knowledgeable and friendly. The menu features some wonderful seafood options,. We had the Hot Pot for an appetizer and crab cakes, both were yummy. The Hot Pot is a real treat...spicy and flavorful. The blackened sea scallops and lobster tail were outstanding! We had a 1/2 price bottle of wine, since it was Monday :). All in all, our go-to place for the rest of our stay.Special Features:
- Delicious seafoodMICKIEVIPDined on 1/22/2014We had dinner at Shor and sat inside next to the window overlooking the water. It was active but quiet and we really enjoyed the opportunity to be somewhere where we didn't have to shout. My husband had the grouper special...wonderful! I had the Hot Pot appetizer which was full of jumbo scallops, shrimp served in a spicy broth wi the grape tomatos and toasted baguettes. The mâché salad was really different and very tasty. Also enjoyed delicious espresso . Great dinner, attentive service.Special Features:
- Basic nothing greatBootsDined on 1/11/2014Just a regular hotel restaurant, but with a good view. The wine list is bad, food sup par and service was ok.Special Features:
- Memorable Key West DinnerMariannVIPDined on 12/28/2013This lovely restaurant at the Hyatt offers outdoor waterfront dining. The food, service and view were all in synch to create a memorable meal. All of the seafood and steak dishes were outstanding. Validated parking in the hotel's lot was critical in this popular Key West location. The prices are on the high end but we enjoyed a nice discount as Hyatt guests at the nearby Hyatt Beach House. We would return even without the discount!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEllenDined on 12/21/2013Lovely outdoor dining with unique food and presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013We really enjoyed a good meal at a reasonable price on the water and close to the action (but not in the middle of it). You can hear the music in the background at a level that allows comfortable conversation.Special Features:
- Dining at ShorJimBigDined on 12/7/2013Food was great. Nice presentation of food. Friendly and attentive wait staff. Very nice scenic setting. Would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food but small portionsMarceloVIPDined on 11/26/2013The food and service are very good but the portions are small which makes it overpriced.The view is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sevice was.excellentspeculaterDined on 11/10/2013Buffet only had 5 items, but atleast all five were good, more choices would have been nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedAnnieDined on 11/7/2013Shor has a great location being right on the ocean with beautiful sunsets but the service wasn't great and the mahi that I ordered was way over cooked and dried out. My husband's filet was delicious. Being a seafood restaurant, they need to work on the seafood!Special Features:
- Scenic viewIheartfoodVIPDined on 10/19/2013Great view, good food, but the restaurant was dead on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Very sweet peopleMichaelDined on 10/15/2013Nice place and great people. Eating outside was a relaxing evening. The waitress was quite wonderful and the meal was delicious.Special Features:
- Once is enoughbarrylinVIPDined on 10/7/2013Went even though reviews were questionable. Very good waiter, great view of sunset. The food was good, but the portions related to the cost is crazy. Won't go back there,there are to many great restaurants in Key West to waste my money on this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Fair to Mediocre at BestRonFronDined on 10/7/2013Shor Seafood offers spectacular views of the sunset and excellent service but, unfortunately, the food does not match those standards. Our waiter was excellent and attentive but the food ranged from overcooked fish to chewy, poor quality "Wagyu" beef. We would recommend every other restaurant we tried in Key West but Shor Seafood would not be among them. The evening we were there for a beautiful sunset there were less than 6 tables taken in the entire restaurant — inside and outside — a sure sign that their reputation has preceded them and their fate may already be sealed.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2013It was our last night in Key West and we wanted a great meal, great sunset view and no crowds. We got all at Shor. The view was much better than nearby Mallory Square and the food and service were amazing. Everything we had was fresh and outstanding. The Blue Mojito's were terrific as well. It may be a hotel restaurant, but it should not be considered as such and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30 th Anniversary dinnerBusesDined on 7/16/2013The entire staff was great. The service was excellent. My grouper dinner was great, however my wife's sweet potato crusted snapper was a bit dry. Other than that it was a great experience and a great anniversary dinner to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's All ABout The View!BocamimiDined on 6/29/2013We enjoyed a sunset dinner and was not disappointed. While the food is not over the top it is good. I tried their specialty yellow tail snapper encrusted with sweet potato and pecans was good but not a lot of flavor in the coating. Another dish blackened grouper was excellent. Service was very efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fair- nothing spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2013Food was fair- nothing spectacular by any means- Beautiful view but food and service need to be improvedSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2013Great food, fantastic service! First time diner but I will be back - and very soon. The view is amazing at any time of day. A real FIND!Special Features: