Shor Restaurant – Hyatt Regency – McCormick
2233 S Martin Luther King Drive
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Shor Restaurant – Hyatt Regency – McCormick
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mccormickplace.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/index.jsp
- Phone: (312) 528-4140
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:15am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony De La Rosa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Shor is the perfect spot for your private dining needs. Our Private Dining Room can accommodate up to 12 guests. Shor's terrace can seat up to 30 guests for dinner or accommodate up to 125 for reception style events.
- Private Party Contact: Angelica Garcia 3125286148
A word from Shor Restaurant – Hyatt Regency – McCormick
Shor, a true Chicago Grill, offers a diverse selection of both traditional and non-traditional menu items. Featuring USDA Prime aged steaks and the freshest seafood creations, in a contemporary setting, Shor brings all of the flair and ambiance that Chicago steak and seafood houses are famous for, right to your doorstep. Situated in the cozy and ever developing "South Loop" area of Chicago, connected to McCormick Place Convention Center and Arie Crown Theater, Shor is perfect for business or pleasure! (Shor also serves Breakfast and Lunch with a wonderful sampling of favorites from Chicago's famed neighborhoods.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shor Restaurant – Hyatt Regency – McCormick reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- KrochDined on 9/9/2014Convenient if attending an event at McCormick Place. Make sure to make reservations in advance or be prepared for a long wait.Special Features:
- Convention diningSteveDined on 9/8/2014Shor exceeded my expectatations at the convention hotel. A few days later I ordered the same meal "to go" instead of room service.Special Features:
- Good Restaurant on my Shor(t) listPugnaciousVIPDined on 8/3/2014For a hotel restaurant in Chicago, this place is very god in terms of price and quality of food / menu selection. I was impressed in terms of how well prepared the food actually was (including plating). Service was good even though they were quite busy and our water and coffee was consistently filled with regularity.
- The following 85 reviews are from the Shor Restaurant – Hyatt Regency – McCormick reviews archive.
- Food was delicious. OrderedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Food was delicious. Ordered the lump crab cake appetizer and mashed potatoes. ....both were excellent!! Crab cake was my fave!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not OpenSallyDined on 1/30/2014When we (my customers and myself) arrived for dinner the restaurant was closed! The bar manager put us in a quiet room and we ordered from the bar menu. With that said the food was good and it was quiet. However, that does not make up for the meal and arrangements i had thought i reserved. Sally Perrin
- Great food, Greater StaffChooseChicagoVIPDined on 1/9/2014From the greeting from Martha as you arrive through the great desserts, this restaurant is a consistent quality dining experience. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- OkayLuv2eatDined on 11/17/2013Waiters try to push overpriced buffet. Only highlight was fresh omelette station. For twenty dollars not worth it.
- Convenient location, but that's itConventionGoerDined on 11/14/2013I had read previous poor reviews of Shor, but my group did not want to leave the convention center so we went to Shor. The restaurant was approximately 25% full, but the waitstaff appeared to be completely overwhelmed. We waited 1 1/2 hours for our food. I ordered Mahi Mahi on the recommendation of the server, and it was nearly inedible. It's worth the cab ride or walk to leave McCormick Place. Shor was not a good experience
- ImpressedmiamianiDined on 11/5/2013Was expecting hotel food and was surprised with much better than expected food and great service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConventionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2013This is a wonderful place to take customers to get away from show floor. Very good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Choice for LunchwearytravelerDined on 9/30/2013When doing business in/around McCormick Place the food options are unfortunately a bit limited - Shor however is a great place to go when you want to sit down with clients or guests and have a nice meal in a comfortable setting. Pricing is as expected but the food quality and the service are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Captive audienceAJH4Dined on 9/8/2013The only true sit down restaurant where you can eat and talk buisness. Food was fair tasting from the menu selection and buffet was school like tasting.Special Features:
- Late dinner at ShormadmtmikeDined on 8/3/2013We arrived into Chicago late in the evening and ate at Shor principally because we were staying at the Hyatt that evening. The food was quite good, but pricey, as one might expect. The service was congenial, although somewhat erratic. The wine list was adequate.I'm sure Chicago has much better restaurants to offer, but for those pressed for time and staying at the hotel, Shor offers an easy avenue for acquiring a decent meal at downtown prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location is the main benefitPrincetonNJVIPDined on 7/17/2013For breakfast, this is conveniently located between the hotel and convention center. The food is average - typical diner good in a slightly better setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!tctmDined on 7/5/2013Food was okay, but the service was outstanding! My appetizer was really good, but the shrimp in my pasta dish were over-cooked and tasted off. However, the staff realized that I hadn't eaten it and inquired why. When I explained why, they removed the dish from my bill. (I ordered off the menu.) My husband and stepson seemed to enjoy the buffet - especially the dessert. Great ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only game in towndisappointedDined on 6/30/2013Shor is only restaurant in the Hyatt McCormick Place and there are no other restaurants in the area. Breakfast buffet is mediocre with respect to variety.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakes in Chicago.........WestjamDined on 6/24/2013Best crab cakes in Chicago.........much much improved since reviews on trip advisor.Special Features:
- easy and convenientchickmanDined on 6/18/2013If your staying at the Hyatt regency or attending a conference at the McCormick conference center it's a great sit down option since there is really nothing else around. My group got the dinner buffet and everyone loved it because it had a good variety of options. The buffet was $20 per person but was not listed on the menu. The service was slow because they were under staffed and if we hadn't got the buffet I'm not sure we world have made our event in time. This hotel is very nice but they struggle to serve timely. I attended an event which had 15,000+ people attending (many staying at the hotel) and felt they could have done a better job of planning for the volume of people.I would recommend this to a friend.
- EehBrookeKVIPDined on 6/12/2013Not impressed. Food was okay (I had chicken picatta) but nothing special. When we wear seated, someone brought a bread basket with oil for each of us, but no plates... service left a lot to be desired but I will say that when the waiter did stop by, he was polite.
- Attending a show at McCormickShowGoerDined on 6/5/2013Attending a show at McCormick Place and staying at the Hyatt made this a perfect choice after a long day at the show. Nice menu. I had the seared scallops which were cooked perfectly. The mushroom risotto that it came with the very tasty, but the rice was undercooked. My server accommodated me with asparagus on the side. Excellent service (fine dining style). Nice crusty warm Italian bread with a small carafe of olive oil was a nice touch. I would certainly eat here again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bustling convention hotelDiningirlVIPDined on 5/7/2013A bustling convention hotel . Extremely convenient if attending tradeshow.
- An adequate restaurant withDiningirlVIPDined on 5/6/2013An adequate restaurant with a captive convention clientele.
- Fun and ExcitedShundiaDined on 5/3/2013I had a beautiful quiet dinner was able to Enjoy my dinner dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My waitress was very niceSassyDined on 4/19/2013My waitress was very nice and I really enjoyed the waffle! I'm sorry I can't remember the waitress' name.Special Features:
- A hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/14/2013Very pleasant help and wait staff - great ambience and quite possibly the best seafood I've had a while...Thanks!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFlamingoVIPDined on 12/21/2012We were at a conference at McCormick Place and wanted something to eat after the last evening event. Earlier in the week we met a friend here for lunch - good food, fast seevice - but dinner was an entirely different experience. The atmosphere of the place changes with just a few slight adjustments to the lighting and pace of the meal. Again there was a option for a buffet or you could order off the menu.. We decided upon the menu and were not disappointed. We shared the spinach dip appie and my husband ordered the chicken dish, I the steak salad. Both were nice size portions, well seasoned and excellent! Our server was attentive, very personable, and knowledgable about both the food and wine menu. We will be going back!!!Special Features:
- Everything was so perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012Everything was so perfect except for the attitude of a waiter, which I found to be extremely rude for extra request!!!
- Busy during the Pack ExpoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2012Busy during the Pack Expo show, but a nice place to have a business lunch. Good food, nice serving size. Wait staff was a little slow and watch the guy with the soft drink refills, he is in a hurry.Special Features:
- Above and Beyond!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012We shared with our waitress that we were celebrating our 16 yr anniversary and to our surprise she went above and beyond and bought my husband and I each a glass of champagne to celebrate us. How awesome is that!!Special Features:
- Pre-marathon mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012I ate here the night before the Chicago Marathon. They had a special buffet with a variety of pastas, sauces, meats, deserts and salads. The price was great and the service was even better!Special Features:
- There were four of us andMariaVIPDined on 8/31/2012There were four of us and everybody loved their food. Some had fish, some had scallops. Great presentation, very interesting flavors. Well done!Special Features:
- Ate 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2012Ate 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts, very good, especially breakfasts and Steak dinner. Did not need to find anther restaurant.Special Features:
- Worth It! Good Noms After Long DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012We stayed at the McCormick Place Hyatt in conjunction with C2E2, and Shor sort of saved our lives! The company I represent has a very physically and socially active role in participating in this convention, and after a day of being on my feet, wearing about 100 lbs. of costume, and interacting happily with thousands of attendees, Shor's ambiance, service and outstanding fare were just what my colleagues and I needed at the end of a long day. Their breakfast was also excellent.Special Features:
- The food menu is small butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2012The food menu is small but really filling and good. Plus the chefs make the smallest meals look professional and the proper food portions. Good for a lunch with a client.Special Features:
- Seafood salad was lame - 1OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2012Seafood salad was lame - 1 scallop, 2 shrimp and small piece of salmon
- Great spot for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/25/2012Great place to have lunch when you are attending a convention at McCormick. Great food and if you make a reservation, they can get you right in.Special Features:
- Disappointed for a Hyatt restaurantRowt817Dined on 2/18/2012Steaks were overdone; service was spotty at best considering not very bust; overall, very in our first and probably only visit.
- Parking.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012This place was very good. The food was delicious and well presented. Being that the restaurant is in a hotel, I expected a parking pass/waiver from the Shor but they did not provide one. I ended up paying $18.00 to park to eat in the restaurant for an hour and a half.Special Features:
- The food was exceptional...ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012The food was exceptional...This is a resturant that you go to when you want to get away for sometime together with your spouse or couples.Special Features:
- food was decent. presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2012food was decent. presentation wanting. steak served on an enormous plate making the portion look exceptionally small. service was a bit spotty. forgot a couple of side dishes and when finally delivered most of the meal was over.