SHOR - Clearwater
301 Gulfview Blvd
Clearwater Beach, FL 33767Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
SHOR - Clearwater
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://shorclearwater.com/
- Phone: (727) 373-4780
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Preston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: SHOR has a private dining area that can accommodate up to 12 guests or also clients can utilize the Belleair/Beach Club room that can accommodate up to 100ppl. Both of these beautiful rooms have patio access and incredible beach views. We offer selections from the SHOR menu or your can choose a more upscale five course meal with wine pairing options. Please call today to book your special events at SHORr - voted one of Clearwaters top restaurants!
- Private Party Contact: Hyatt Catering 7273734444
- Entertainment: Live Music on Friday and Saturday at Skimmers Bar (7PM - 10PM) *In season
A word from SHOR - Clearwater
Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
SHOR - Clearwater - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
SHOR - Clearwater reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (35)great for outdoor dining (26)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (19)good for groups (16)romantic (16)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- ShonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I took my doll baby here for, "Date Night" this past Friday (21 Nov). Such a good experiance, the food the service the location. Shor was legit! We'll be back, I'm sure. A++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014The server, Travis, took great care of us. The Lobster Ravioli was very good as well as the Grouper. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chowder was greatHuskerinflDined on 11/15/2014I read other reviews before going. So perhaps I was looking to validate the comments. Just to be fair. I love this hotel and the location. We arrived too late to see the sunset. 630 pm. There are plenty of tables throughout the night, even on a Saturday night. This restaurant is incorporated into the lobby of the Hyatt. I took a cab there so I didn't experience there parking situation. The host Sat us next to the window but I didn't like that there was a door leading outside next to us. And later a large table of women, out on the town, where little too loud for our romantic expectations at dinner. The chowder was good with plenty of fish chunks and seafood and a coconut base broth, Caesar salad was a typical one. My wife liked her surf and turf lamb and scallops. I was not too keen on the carrot/ginger purée on my mahi-mahi. I just don't like sweet tasting fish dishes The kid who served us was very attentive. But the kitchen let him down in between the entrée and dessert. Bread pudding should not take 40 minutes to come out of the oven. So the comments I am making are consistent with others. The restaurant is rather expensive, the service is inconsistent with varying levels of attentiveness and being ignored. The location is odd but I knew that going into it. For $65 per person, SHOR could have delivered more. I won't eat dinner there again. Lunch or breakfast, and only if i am in the area. I won't drive to Clearwater just for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningBarbDined on 10/29/2014We dined here for my birthday and even though evening started off poorly it turned out to be one of the best dining experiences ever. There was a screaming child in the inside dining area that just was out of control which was no fault of the restaurants but once they moved us to an outside table all went well. I would dine there again.Special Features:
- Great flavoursOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food was great, clam chowder incredible, service was brilliant, the old saying goes 'you get what you pay for'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 10/25/2014First off, what a great location: right on the beach and a perfect spot to watch the sun set. The menu has some great looking dishes and the ones we had (mahi mahi and snapper) were nice. Unfortunately what let this restaurant down in a big way was the service. The wine, which we hoped to enjoy over the course of the meal, arrived ten minutes after the appetisers, after we chased it several times. When it did arrive the server briefly apologised; "sorry, I didn't forget about you, I had some other things to do." Great to know, buddy. After the appetisers were cleared away and the wine was poured we were finally offered some bread! Bizarre. Unfortunately, despite the great location, I won't be going back.Special Features:
- OverpricedDinnerDined on 10/25/2014Service was slow....overpriced for what you get ....overcharge your credit card and they said it was normal and it d Should correct itself in a few daySpecial Features:
- Did the jobkpw4Dined on 10/18/2014Crab cakes, Green salad, and house-made cheesecake truffles all very good. Service was almost too attentive. View of the ocean is very good, especially at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MealIndydinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014This was an outstanding restaurant. Five of us had dinner here and the food, service, and ambiance were all exceptional. My friends are still raving about the food days later. You can't do any better than Shor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth itFood4ThoughtVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food is absolutely delicious, fresh, and of high quality. The ocean view is spectacular and makes for a wonderful meal ambiance. All of this will cost you a little more than you might want to spend but you do get value for the price you pay. The portions are generous and you leave feeling very satisfied. In this case, you really do get what you paid for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the wine guywineguyVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit. The sunset on the beach was great. The food was well prepared with a great presentation and delicious. The wine list was good and the prices were not hurtful for a hotel/restaurant. However, while our server was very attentive; the food courses were rushed out to us as if it was a quick lunch instead of a relaxing dinner. I sent the entrees back since we had just gotten our appetizer which had been delivered three minutes after the bread was put on the table. Whoa! The kitchen or the server needs to better control the food flow to the tables. I was surprised that the take home boxes and the bill were not delivered with the entrees. There was not a line waiting for tables. Again, the quality was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The Floridian salad is amazing! Great selection, excellent service and a nice but casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect laid-back placemartieVIPDined on 10/4/2014I enjoyed lunch very much. The staff was happy to let me choose where to sit and to attend to me right away. Although the menu was long on sandwiches, the angus burger I had was very good, and the view of the beach and Gulf was fantastic. I particularly enjoyed the decaf cappucino, with its strong coffee flavor. Validated parking was a fine extra.Special Features:
- Great Find2ndspleaseDined on 9/27/2014From start to finish, the service and food was excellent! Not from the area but felt right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!RavingFoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Loved SHOR. We also went there for breakfast one day. Does not disappoint. Especially the lobster ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBaileyVIPDined on 9/22/2014The food was fabulous from appetizers to entrees. The waiter was very attentive and had great suggestions on our selection of appetizers.
- Shor Dinnerhawaii50Dined on 9/4/2014Service was outstanding. Waiter knowledgeable about the entries and very friendly. Manager also visited with friendly comments. Food prep was delcious. Overall would recommend. They are trying to get to a higher level but not there yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food tastefully preparedSimplydivineVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've dined at shore for years and we always come back for the awesome breakfast buffet! We are treated like family. Thanks Frank and Joe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food. Bad wine selection.knowledgeabledinerDined on 8/27/2014I am still curious on why my credit card is pending for more than what I signed for. I was eating seafood so I wanted a white bottle of wine. When the botte came out and he poured me the sample I tasted it and immediately remembered it. I had bought the same bottle at publix buy one get one free for 10 dollars before. I didn't even drink one of the bottles because didn't care for them. Very disappointed in the wine selections available. I had the lobster ravioli for dinner. The ravioli was ok but the sauce was horrible though. The wife had the salmon. She enjoyed the salmon but the vegetables were very oily. Horribly sautéed. Then came desert. The selection just wasn't very appetizing for our taste.Special Features:
- firsttimersDined on 8/26/2014the calamari appetizer was so superb, we ordered a secon serving! The grouper special wsa delightful. Cooked to perfection with an ecellent seasoning. Our server was fun, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBen24Dined on 8/24/2014Was seated at time of reservation, Staff was very friendly. Our server ( i think his name was Akie ) had great knowledge of the menu. Is the place cheap no, If you want cheap go to Burger King. Our food was fresh and cooked perfect. Wife had the surf & turf I enjoyed the sea scallops.Special Features:
- Expecting a lot more than receivedBilly23Dined on 8/15/2014First visit. Three went for dinner. Restaurand 50% or less full. Wanted to seat us just inside entrance near lobby. Said no. Moved to inner part of restaurant. Waiter very helpful with menu, et al. Felt rushed but said " we're in no hurry" he backed off. Ordered appetizers. Complimentary bread looked great but had poor taste and too soft.. Took too much time. Waiter wanted to take orders, said please wait. Two ordered fish, Mahi and Tuna. Other ordered soup and salad.. Presentation was nice but food was cold. Should serve on warm plates. $38.00 for a bottle of Canvas Pinot Grig. was way too much!! Live in the area. Won't go there again or recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Our choice for a great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Always think Shor first when we go out for a nice DinnerSpecial Features:
- Great food/Great viewTonyFlaFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Nice place to see the sunset. Really good food. Attentive service. Great for Birthday or other events. Nice patio dining looking over Clearwater Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2014We stayed at the Hyatt and ate most of our meals at the Shor Restaurant. The food was delicious with creative dishes and the service was excellent. The brunch was excellent as was the dinner menu choices.Special Features:
- The following 364 reviews are from the SHOR - Clearwater reviews archive.
- LoveeasyDined on 7/25/2014Great view and great food, love the pretzel bread and the elegance of the dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Entries!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014You have to try the Lobster Club sandwich & the calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinkyDined on 7/15/2014Good food and service. The beach views are nice and the dining area is open, yet provides enough space for privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- giraffeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014My boyfriend made the reservation and randomly asked for a drawing of a giraffe in the "special requests" section. Our server, Travis actually drew one for us! Great food and GREAT SERVICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceCheeDined on 6/28/2014Though the price was slightly higher than noted in the advert, it was quit excellent. I would recommend and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrGaellonVIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was a little slower than we're used to here, but the food was excellent, and you can't beat the view.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a special tripNatPDined on 6/25/2014The lobster mac & cheese is worth a special trip from Chicago to Clearwater. Calamarie app was very tasty and the Martini's were delicious. Only complaint is the minimal salsa that came with the Salmon and plain white rice - would have liked more.Special Features:
- Amazing beachfront find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Food and service was impeccable!! My husband and I ordered the sea diver scallops and black Grouper...OUTSTANDING!!! Definitely try the calamari for an appetizer and be sure to save room for blackberry cheesecake! These were all menu recommendations from our server Travis who was by far the best waiter I've ever come across. Definitely made our dining experience that much more relaxed, comfortable and special. Can't wait to come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NHhunterDined on 6/25/2014Try the calamari!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StunningTenWomDined on 6/20/2014Having enjoyed my husband's birthday at Shor during our holiday, we decided to book again for our last night. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and you can't beat the service, food, interior decor or views. Absolutely love this restaurant.Special Features:
- ClearwaterDined on 6/10/2014My husband and I generally come here for brunch and it is always wonderful. It was his birthday and I chose to surprise him and come here for dinner. We both felt there wasn't a beat skipped from the atmosphere, the friendly service nor the food. We are definitely looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTenWomDined on 6/10/2014After trawling through restaurants reviews in Clearwater from home in England, I chose Shor because the interior decor looked classy and the menu appealing. It did not disappoint. Having arrived in Clearwater and seen the popularity of the beachy dining spots, Shor was a pleasant change to fine dining whilst maintaining a casual air. It is a stunning restaurant and we had a really nice birthday dinner for my husband. The service was attentive and friendly, the food well presented and cooked to perfection, the views of the beach beautiful and the interior decor was very very nice. We will be heading back again before we leave. Definitely the best dining spot in Clearwater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014No complaints - overall a great experience! Great food and service
- Fantastic experiencejasmine05111978Dined on 6/7/2014We had a very memorable anniversary! We had a high-top table at the window, with a gorgeous view of the ocean and we got to watch the sunset, it was perfect! Our server (Nate) was quick, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The food was absolutely delicious; appetizers, entrees and dessert. The kitchen where the chefs cook is completely open and you can watch everything that is going on, very interesting. It was our anniversary and our server, the head chef and the manager all wished us a happy anniversary. The hospitality at this restaurant is top notch! I can't wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service good foodFShaneDined on 6/3/2014Fish was fresh, nice view of the sunset and beach area. Quiet for dinner, no need for reservations. We had red snapper, oysters and shrimp. Is inside of a Hyatt hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.