SHOR - Clearwater
301 Gulfview Blvd
Clearwater Beach, FL 33767Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
SHOR - Clearwater
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://shorclearwater.com/
- Phone: 7273734780
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Richard Preston
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: SHOR has a private dining area that can accommodate up to 12 guests or also clients can utilize the Belleair/Beach Club room that can accommodate up to 100ppl. Both of these beautiful rooms have patio access and incredible beach views. We offer selections from the SHOR menu or your can choose a more upscale five course meal with wine pairing options. Please call today to book your special events at SHORr - voted one of Clearwaters top restaurants!
- Private Party Contact: Hyatt Catering 7273734444
- Entertainment: Live Music on Friday and Saturday at Skimmers Bar (7PM - 10PM) *In season
A word from SHOR - Clearwater
Come to SHOR and enjoy exceptional service and the freshest catch on the beach. SHOR restaurant an American seafood restaurant that is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The dining room is highlighted by a beautiful show kitchen and breath taking views of Clearwater Beach. For lunch we have all of your favorites including our grouper sandwich, lobster sandwich, cobb salad, and grilled flank steak. For Dinner we have a variety of small plates from calamari to American blue crab cakes. We also feature our shellfish bar where you can pick individual items or have us create a platter for you. Our seafood and meat selections are the freshest available. We have all your favorites such as grouper, snapper, filet mignon, NY strip loin, lobster ravioli, and scallops.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
SHOR - Clearwater - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
SHOR - Clearwater reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (41)great for outdoor dining (29)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (18)good for groups (14)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Did the jobkpw4Dined on 10/18/2014Crab cakes, Green salad, and house-made cheesecake truffles all very good. Service was almost too attentive. View of the ocean is very good, especially at sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect MealIndydinerVIPDined on 10/12/2014This was an outstanding restaurant. Five of us had dinner here and the food, service, and ambiance were all exceptional. My friends are still raving about the food days later. You can't do any better than Shor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth itFood4ThoughtVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food is absolutely delicious, fresh, and of high quality. The ocean view is spectacular and makes for a wonderful meal ambiance. All of this will cost you a little more than you might want to spend but you do get value for the price you pay. The portions are generous and you leave feeling very satisfied. In this case, you really do get what you paid for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the wine guywineguyDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit. The sunset on the beach was great. The food was well prepared with a great presentation and delicious. The wine list was good and the prices were not hurtful for a hotel/restaurant. However, while our server was very attentive; the food courses were rushed out to us as if it was a quick lunch instead of a relaxing dinner. I sent the entrees back since we had just gotten our appetizer which had been delivered three minutes after the bread was put on the table. Whoa! The kitchen or the server needs to better control the food flow to the tables. I was surprised that the take home boxes and the bill were not delivered with the entrees. There was not a line waiting for tables. Again, the quality was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The Floridian salad is amazing! Great selection, excellent service and a nice but casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect laid-back placemartieVIPDined on 10/4/2014I enjoyed lunch very much. The staff was happy to let me choose where to sit and to attend to me right away. Although the menu was long on sandwiches, the angus burger I had was very good, and the view of the beach and Gulf was fantastic. I particularly enjoyed the decaf cappucino, with its strong coffee flavor. Validated parking was a fine extra.Special Features:
- Great Find2ndspleaseDined on 9/27/2014From start to finish, the service and food was excellent! Not from the area but felt right at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!RavingFoodieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Loved SHOR. We also went there for breakfast one day. Does not disappoint. Especially the lobster ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBaileyVIPDined on 9/22/2014The food was fabulous from appetizers to entrees. The waiter was very attentive and had great suggestions on our selection of appetizers.
- Shor Dinnerhawaii50Dined on 9/4/2014Service was outstanding. Waiter knowledgeable about the entries and very friendly. Manager also visited with friendly comments. Food prep was delcious. Overall would recommend. They are trying to get to a higher level but not there yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food tastefully preparedSimplydivineVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've dined at shore for years and we always come back for the awesome breakfast buffet! We are treated like family. Thanks Frank and Joe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food. Bad wine selection.knowledgeabledinerDined on 8/27/2014I am still curious on why my credit card is pending for more than what I signed for. I was eating seafood so I wanted a white bottle of wine. When the botte came out and he poured me the sample I tasted it and immediately remembered it. I had bought the same bottle at publix buy one get one free for 10 dollars before. I didn't even drink one of the bottles because didn't care for them. Very disappointed in the wine selections available. I had the lobster ravioli for dinner. The ravioli was ok but the sauce was horrible though. The wife had the salmon. She enjoyed the salmon but the vegetables were very oily. Horribly sautéed. Then came desert. The selection just wasn't very appetizing for our taste.Special Features:
- firsttimersDined on 8/26/2014the calamari appetizer was so superb, we ordered a secon serving! The grouper special wsa delightful. Cooked to perfection with an ecellent seasoning. Our server was fun, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBen24Dined on 8/24/2014Was seated at time of reservation, Staff was very friendly. Our server ( i think his name was Akie ) had great knowledge of the menu. Is the place cheap no, If you want cheap go to Burger King. Our food was fresh and cooked perfect. Wife had the surf & turf I enjoyed the sea scallops.Special Features:
- Expecting a lot more than receivedBilly23Dined on 8/15/2014First visit. Three went for dinner. Restaurand 50% or less full. Wanted to seat us just inside entrance near lobby. Said no. Moved to inner part of restaurant. Waiter very helpful with menu, et al. Felt rushed but said " we're in no hurry" he backed off. Ordered appetizers. Complimentary bread looked great but had poor taste and too soft.. Took too much time. Waiter wanted to take orders, said please wait. Two ordered fish, Mahi and Tuna. Other ordered soup and salad.. Presentation was nice but food was cold. Should serve on warm plates. $38.00 for a bottle of Canvas Pinot Grig. was way too much!! Live in the area. Won't go there again or recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Our choice for a great night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Always think Shor first when we go out for a nice DinnerSpecial Features:
- Great food/Great viewTonyFlaFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Nice place to see the sunset. Really good food. Attentive service. Great for Birthday or other events. Nice patio dining looking over Clearwater Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2014We stayed at the Hyatt and ate most of our meals at the Shor Restaurant. The food was delicious with creative dishes and the service was excellent. The brunch was excellent as was the dinner menu choices.Special Features:
- LoveeasyDined on 7/25/2014Great view and great food, love the pretzel bread and the elegance of the dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Entries!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014You have to try the Lobster Club sandwich & the calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinkyDined on 7/15/2014Good food and service. The beach views are nice and the dining area is open, yet provides enough space for privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- giraffeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014My boyfriend made the reservation and randomly asked for a drawing of a giraffe in the "special requests" section. Our server, Travis actually drew one for us! Great food and GREAT SERVICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceCheeDined on 6/28/2014Though the price was slightly higher than noted in the advert, it was quit excellent. I would recommend and go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrGaellonVIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was a little slower than we're used to here, but the food was excellent, and you can't beat the view.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a special tripNatPDined on 6/25/2014The lobster mac & cheese is worth a special trip from Chicago to Clearwater. Calamarie app was very tasty and the Martini's were delicious. Only complaint is the minimal salsa that came with the Salmon and plain white rice - would have liked more.Special Features:
- Amazing beachfront find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Food and service was impeccable!! My husband and I ordered the sea diver scallops and black Grouper...OUTSTANDING!!! Definitely try the calamari for an appetizer and be sure to save room for blackberry cheesecake! These were all menu recommendations from our server Travis who was by far the best waiter I've ever come across. Definitely made our dining experience that much more relaxed, comfortable and special. Can't wait to come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NHhunterDined on 6/25/2014Try the calamari!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 355 reviews are from the SHOR - Clearwater reviews archive.
- StunningTenWomDined on 6/20/2014Having enjoyed my husband's birthday at Shor during our holiday, we decided to book again for our last night. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and you can't beat the service, food, interior decor or views. Absolutely love this restaurant.Special Features:
- ClearwaterDined on 6/10/2014My husband and I generally come here for brunch and it is always wonderful. It was his birthday and I chose to surprise him and come here for dinner. We both felt there wasn't a beat skipped from the atmosphere, the friendly service nor the food. We are definitely looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTenWomDined on 6/10/2014After trawling through restaurants reviews in Clearwater from home in England, I chose Shor because the interior decor looked classy and the menu appealing. It did not disappoint. Having arrived in Clearwater and seen the popularity of the beachy dining spots, Shor was a pleasant change to fine dining whilst maintaining a casual air. It is a stunning restaurant and we had a really nice birthday dinner for my husband. The service was attentive and friendly, the food well presented and cooked to perfection, the views of the beach beautiful and the interior decor was very very nice. We will be heading back again before we leave. Definitely the best dining spot in Clearwater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014No complaints - overall a great experience! Great food and service
- Fantastic experiencejasmine05111978Dined on 6/7/2014We had a very memorable anniversary! We had a high-top table at the window, with a gorgeous view of the ocean and we got to watch the sunset, it was perfect! Our server (Nate) was quick, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The food was absolutely delicious; appetizers, entrees and dessert. The kitchen where the chefs cook is completely open and you can watch everything that is going on, very interesting. It was our anniversary and our server, the head chef and the manager all wished us a happy anniversary. The hospitality at this restaurant is top notch! I can't wait to go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service good foodFShaneDined on 6/3/2014Fish was fresh, nice view of the sunset and beach area. Quiet for dinner, no need for reservations. We had red snapper, oysters and shrimp. Is inside of a Hyatt hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceyMelanie12345Dined on 5/29/2014We felt that though the food was good, it was over priced for what it was. Service was very good. We enjoyed the view and using the hotel pool balcony and bar afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clearwater tripOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Place has a great view of the Ocean and Clearwater Beach, food is decent, nothing to kill for. Great for a nice outdoor dinning and with kids.Special Features:
- lastminuteDined on 5/19/2014The view was excellent! The wind did not cooperate so we had to eat inside but with large windows we could still take in scenery. The food was just as good as the view. Everything we ate tasted great and was prepared perfectly. Priced than we normally eat but was in our range of special occasion. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor servicerob8714Dined on 5/13/2014my partner and i chose this restaurant hoping to have a lovely meal by the beach as it was our last night in Clearwater, had read good reviews so decided to make a reservation. upon arriving and checking in, we waited for nearly 10 minutes apparently for a table to be clear, the table we eventually we given was free and ready the whole time we had been waiting. waited nearly 15 minutes for drinks order to be taken, we just seemed to be waiting for the whole meal, food was very nice but the service was poor. maybe could have forgiven the waiting if it was busy, but it clearly wasn't busy and we just seemed to be forgotten the whole time, i would recommend the food but not the service, so overall wouldn't recommend :(Special Features:
- Not bad...timar312Dined on 5/11/2014The staff was spectacular. Very friendly, courteous and full of smiles. With that said, the ambience was significantly more casual than I gathered from pictures and the food, while beautifully plated, lacked the punch I'd expect from the prices on the menu. My filet mignon tasted more like a regular steak with an odd smoked flavor I wasn't expecting and nothing else had a great deal of flavor. Decent view from the balcony, not so much from inside where it's comfortable. Overall, not a bad experience at all but likely won't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service but food was sadSad2eatDined on 5/11/2014Looked forward to the Mother's Day Brunch for weeks. But sad to say the seafood had sat out for hours to the point that the Oysters had dried out so bad that their was no liquid left and they were dried to the shell. I had visited Shor 4 years and the food was great this time the menu had changed and was no better than bar food with a up scale name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot. great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Very friendly service waiter comped appetizers and a round of drinks because apps came out slow. View very nice but a little noisy from traffic on street. Nice ambience though. Food very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.