SHOR American Seafood Grill at Hyatt Waikiki
2424 Kalakaua Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
SHOR American Seafood Grill at Hyatt Waikiki
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shorgrill.com/
- Phone: 8089231234x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 5:30am-11am. Dinner: Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Sven Ulrich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Adjacent to restaurant at SWIM pool bar.
A word from SHOR American Seafood Grill at Hyatt Waikiki
American Seafood Grill Tempt your taste buds at SHOR restaurant. We adhere to the seafood watch of sustainable species of Monterey Bay Aquarium. The remarkable staff at our Ocean Front, Ocean View restaurant serves delightful dishes of oysters, shellfish, Mid-West Beef, fresh local fish. Located on the third floor with expansive ocean views, this American Grill casually serves up breakfast, and dinner in an approachable atmosphere. Catering to all ages, the upscale American cuisine and regional seafood dishes are simply prepared. Sit inside or out on the patio to enjoy interactive appetizers, seasonal main courses, sandwiches, salads and indulgent sweets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SHOR American Seafood Grill at Hyatt Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)special occasion (7)scenic view (6)romantic (5)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Seafood & Service SuperbDavidVIPDined on 9/28/2014The fresh seafood was amazing and servers are point on. Would definitely go back to eat there again! It was SUPER! A little disappointed with the initial greeting from an abrupt hostess who lacked passion and patience to all approaching clients.Special Features:
- Better choices out there.TripoliDined on 9/27/2014I had a lot of good food in Waikiki, but this was not some of it. Absolutely terrible burger. Horrible pineapple martini. Salad was pretty good. Their brunch was good. Service was good, and the view of the beach was nice.
- good food with the viewKetomamaVIPDined on 9/24/2014great service, great view and great food! We will go back there again for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceyorkwinemanDined on 9/6/2014Shor was a great recommendation. Great food, fantastic bview of Waikiki at sunset. Service was wonderful - attentive and not pushy. Waiter did a great job of answering questions and explaining food. A wonderful find. Too bad it is closing at the end of the month! Wish it would stay open for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- military spouse retreatmilitaryDined on 8/15/2014Dinner starting at 6pm was not conducive to our two year old and the time schedule that the retreat gave us. The steaks were great, however, the lobster was terrible. The waiter even refused to serve us the first one that was cooked. The menus was small and decent sides to go with the dinner selection would have been appreciated. Way too pricy for the amount of food received.Special Features:
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014SHOR is a great setting with a caring management staff; however, that's where things stop. Fish was under cooked and freshness was questionable. Timing of food delivery to our party was very poor and protions were small. Unfortunately, we can't recommend SHOR.Special Features:
- Food good, scenery amazing, but...tctmDined on 8/2/2014We were really happy...until the last twenty minutes. As we are waiting for our check, a four girls/women come in (think stereotype from movies here) and pretty much commandeered the server. So we had to watch our server with our check in his hand stuck at the table next to us for at least ten minutes answering the most asinine questions about the menu/restaurant - or rather what's *not* on the menu and why the restaurant didn't offer such and such. We felt bad for the man, but he seemed at a lost as to what to do other than stand there and deal with it. So, my recommendation would be to train your servers how to politely excuse themselves from high-maintenance customers so that the other patrons don't suffer for it. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChihiroDined on 7/4/2014It was great to have dinner with great sunset. Food was good not too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BD experiencemauigirlDined on 7/4/2014Requested ocean view table & mentioned it's birthday dinner, we got the table as requested, hostess & our waitress kept saying Happy BD to the birthday girl, waitress is very friendly, at the end, surprised us with a BD dessert, Mahalo for all those friendly ppl at SHOR:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 118 reviews are from the SHOR American Seafood Grill at Hyatt Waikiki reviews archive.
- Shor ReviewWaikikiDined on 6/24/2014This was gret as we were staying at the Hyatt and had a very long day.Good food and excellent service!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I had the nice and enjoyable dinner. The service was great. We appreciated how our server Gary would talk story with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing serviceniljerDined on 6/15/2014It was father's day, i requested a note to be place on the table to say "My Golden Treasure" and to have a tulip or rose also. I did get a email confirmation stated that i could order flowers from a website. So i didn't get a flower. Got to the restaurant early, so we sat at the bar. We are not drinker, but we did get a drink and it was excellent, it was a lava flow and coconut mint mojito. Bartender was great. Then the hostess came and got us and apologize for not having anote or flower for me. I was okay with it, my husband was already happy. But they made up with a special made hawaii coffee because they sell seattle best. Then after dinner they brought cheesecake over and on the plate in chocolate they wrote My Golden Treasure. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVladDined on 6/3/2014The cod and the NY steak were delicious. The service was really good. Little bit pricey but totally worth it. Not easy to find - it's on the third level in the east tower, the escalators are a bit hidden. Restrooms were really good and clean.Special Features:
- Memorable Dinner!!RobynRantDined on 5/30/2014Wanting a very special dining experience, my boyfriend and I visited SHOR on our last night of our vacation in Oahu. We requested an ocean view when making reservations, and were seated at a spacious, tiki-lit table that overlooked the beach...very romantic and relaxing. The lobster/crab mac and cheese and ahi/poke appetizers were our favorites, though everything we tried was delectable and gorgeously plated. Our server, Gary, ended up being one of our favorite people that we met on the trip. His recommendations, impeccable service and friendliness made for a dinner that far exceeded our expectations and for a beautiful way to spend our last night on the island.Special Features:
- BrownBunnyDined on 5/25/2014This restaurant was not what I expected; it is not an elegant, quiet place for a special dinner out. The food was very good, but the screaming children, loud clanging kitchen noises, and lack of nice table settings made me happy to leave. It is probably better for breakfast or lunch.Special Features:
- Special places for all occasionsLocalfoodsurprisesDined on 5/11/2014Great place to eat and enjoy yourself. Entertainment was top notch. Would definitely visit again. Mother's Day was a success.Special Features:
- good restaurantmikaDined on 4/21/2014It's so windy when we went there, so tables on outside were closed. That's the only point we disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentineRoadrunnerDined on 2/14/2014The dining experience for this Valentine's Day celebration was exceptional in all aspects of service, taste, and value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Dinner SpecialValPhilDined on 2/14/2014I wish i had tried that reputable restaurant on a Regular Day to see what they are REALLY capable of cooking.... The "matched Wine" list was below average ,Lobster Tail was Hard to chew and tasteless ! Luckily, the Filet mignon was excellent and Dessert Sampler plate amazing... Waiter was great and sunset spectacular ! One can be a Valentine AND a Foodie so please STAY ON YOUR TOES !!Special Features:
- Good food but overpricedWillSFDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyed the location and ambiance. Food was quite tasty but was priced too high for the portion size. I understand that Waikiki hotels are overpriced, but this was even more so. $10 less and it would have been priced right.Special Features:
- Delicious & awesome ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014We enjoyed a very fresh & delicious dinner at this place. They have a small, well chosen menu. The ingredients are from local producers and the seafood from sustainable resources, what is very important for us. The view is wonderful, overlooking the beach and palm trees. We booked the table in advance and got the best place right in front of the outdoor patio. A special thank to Brandon our server who was very pleasant and did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the posted menuanonymousVIPDined on 1/29/2014Although the restaurant was listed as a seafood restaurant, there was hardly any fish on menu we were given at restaurant as opposed to one they had posted. Hostess asked if we were hotel guests. When told we were not, we were taken to a less desirable table. Since there was no fist on menu, we ordered a beef dish that was VERY tiny. Restaurant was very overpriced for what they gave you.
- Highly recommended!SharleeDined on 1/18/2014We chose Shor for dinner because the menu featured quality ingredients like grass fed beef. We shared a meal and got our own desserts! To be noted, I could not recommend the parts of the meal he chose. His cocktail, the Lava Flow, was too sweet even for a Lava Flow. Mine was the Hana Passion and it was PERFECT. We ordered the opah and it was AMAZING cooked just as is, but we ordered two sauces on the side. His was the bourbon, blech! And mine was the hollandaise. The "H" in hollandaise stands for HEAVEN! For dessert, he got the cheese cake and I got the pineapple/caramel gelato. Score 3 for the wife team! The cheesecake was not good, but the gelato was divine and plenty for two! Can't beat the view of the sunset but bring a jacket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate here before headingCravingsVIPDined on 1/3/2014We ate here before heading to airport for late nite flight, so ate lite meals. It was beautiful sitting on patio with torches lit and overlooking the beach scene. The crab cake was delicious as well as the scallop salad. Two of our party enjoyed the pizzas and one had salmon and asparagus. Everyone enjoyed their meals and would return next time we are in Honolulu. Excellent service Nd food.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve bookings 2013SparkyDined on 12/31/2013Coming from New Zealand, the booking went totally smoothly for New Year's Eve And all my requests were acknowledged and we were made to feel special. The only down side was me not realising we had to leave by 9.30 pm as the restaurant then had a private function.I may have missed those details requiring a limited dining time , having never used the open table online booking system. So we were unable to stay to watch the amazing fireworks from this venue.However the staff were very apologeteic and we did not feel rushed at all otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing mealaplusdinerDined on 12/30/2013Even for a hotel restaurant, our dinner was very disappointing. We just didn't have the energy to fight the crowds on Waikiki and thought we'd enjoy SHOR in our hotel. The Kona abalone appetizer was delicious, but consisted of three TINY abalone for $12. Heirloom tomato salad was delicious and plentiful. We both ordered the pancetta wrapped sea bass, which the waiter assured us was very fresh. Worst fish we've had in years! Dry, only lukewarm, and tasteless. Clearly it had been prepared, frozen, and reconstituted in some unsatisfactory process. Our waiter was very friendly and cordial, but non-existent for most of our meal. So much so that we went through the entire bottle of wine - slowly - before our main course arrived.
- DisappointedArtZonerDined on 12/25/2013I had to make a last minute reservation for Christmas dinner and was surprised that that there were opening for Shor. Results: 1. Seated 20 minutes late. 2. Minimal selection 3. One seafood selection (fishy aftertaste), Prime rib, Turkey, & Ham ..... all slightly on the salty side 4. One tired looking Santa in front 5. Entertainment leaves a lot to be desired 6. Salad & soup were good but NO seconds.... served... a very small portion of each on one small rectangular plate. 7. It took a while to get the salad & soup... beverage... used plates to be removed... bill to be returned in a timely manner. 8. Paid $85 each for a nothing special buffet worth $29 at the most!!! 9. Recommended for rich tourists who don't know any better.
- Weakest buffet everSFtravelerDined on 12/25/2013Christmas Day dinner was $85 buffet only. Our 7:15 reservation got us a table at around 7:40, after watching it first being given to another's party. 15 min after seating we were brought a bland carrot ginger bisque and about 1/2 cup of papery mixed greens. No dressing. At the buffet there was only ONE vegetable option: a thoughtless mix if shriveled carrots and zucchini with no herbs, spices, or other flavoring, though they did also have pasty mashed potatoes. 8 dessert options, all appeared freshly unwrapped from their Costco packaging. The fresh sliced ham was tasty, if chewy. prime rib was tough and bland. Three sauces for the meat were dull and Sysco-like. Pretzel rolls were tough and tasted like a stick. Noise level was high.
- Lovely open air eatingCharlieDined on 12/25/2013We booked a table as soon as reservations opened but were disappointed to be seated inside near the kitchen. Would have been lovely to be outside and see and hear the Christmas choir perform other than that food was lovely until dessert which was bland an un appealing. Food selection s good but limited. Other than that nice evening.Special Features:
- Oh greatSfgirlDined on 12/22/2013Although this a hotel restaurant it has a beautiful and great menu. We went to 53 by the Sea and although it was good Shor out shined it in value and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty but not worth pricePt10922Dined on 12/18/2013Chowder was very good and the desert was as well, but the main courses (3 of us) were poor and not cheap. The knowledge of the waiter was fair at best an unenthusiastic when describing the dishes. We should have taken that as a sign!
- Just fabulous!CatBodaDined on 12/15/2013SHOR was a great restaurant with amazing food and wonderful service. We were taken care of right from check in. We went for my birthday and I could really tell that the staff cared about making our dining experience special. The food was absolutely delicious, the view outside was amazing, it was just a perfect dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Shor2foodiesDined on 11/28/2013The restaurant was heavily booked due to Thanksgiving and provided a buffet style dinner. You had to help yourself to appertisers, etc. and there was a "Turkey Station" where a chef carved off your require meat, i.e. Turkey, Ham, Turkey roll stuffed with duck. I don't have a problem with this style of service but because of the numbers, the queues were very large and people were bumping into each other and pushing in to get at the food. Not a great selection...soup for appertiser, vegetables for the entree were not cooked and only warm. One of the desserts, Pecan Pie was just a sloshy mess as people tried to cut slices. US190.00 including tip for two. not worth it!
- A fine meal at SHORhappycamperVIPDined on 11/20/2013The restaurant week menu at SHOR was outstanding, especially the perfectly cooked and seasoned fish. The restaurant accommodated our request for a meatless variation on its menu, and gave us excellent seats overlooking the beach. The service was exceptional, and the wine special was as fine as the dinner. We will certainly return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and steakRena82higherDined on 11/9/2013Seafood and steak is very delicious!! Unfortunately terrace seat is not available cause weather is bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHOR on HalloweenKevinDined on 10/31/2013We enjoyed dining at SHOR as part of our night in Waikiki on Halloween. The food was great and the restaurant wasn't crowded. We walked around Waikiki after dinner taking advantage of the 4 hours of complimentary valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Locally sourced!vaniceDined on 10/1/2013I adore this restaurant. The produce is all locally sourced and most of the meats as well. If something was flown in, they tell you from where and if it's wild caught or farm-raised. You can tell the chef & kitchen have been hard at work putting this together. The flavors were delicious and everything was cooked properly. Highly enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional staffAndynyc646VIPDined on 9/26/2013On the last night of our honeymoon we ate at SHOR and the staff could not gave done more to make our dinner special. Food was decent by the service made the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2013Great food...good wine selection. service was terrific. the only thing that could make this dining experience better is if there was some live music.
- Great view, ok food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2013We had an ocean view table at sunset. Beautiful. We started off with a mix of Oysters with some house made crackers that were excellent. My wife and I split a house salad that looked like bag lettuce with onions and not much else. The dressing was very salty and even though we split the salad, we only ate about half. The entrees were ok, but my the fish in my shrimp and fish dish was a little dry. My wife thought she ordered a lobster dish and instead got more of a fish and lobster stew. I chalked that up to just not realizing what she was ordering. All in all the food was adequate, but for what we paid I would have expected a higher quality meal. The service was excellent.Special Features: