3033 NE 32nd Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shooterswaterfront.com/
- Phone: (954) 566-2855
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mohamed Khan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shooter's Waterfront
The all new Shooters Waterfront with a fresh look and spectacular menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Shooter's Waterfront - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Shooter's Waterfront reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (73)scenic view (69)special occasion (37)good for groups (37)romantic (29)hot spot (28)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (25)fit for foodies (20)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (10)Show More
- Totally upgraded restaurantJazzybVIPDined on 11/17/2014This has been completely remodeled, it smells and looks so much better. They spent a lot of money to make this place beautiful! Great views of the Intracoastal, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shooters Is Missing The TargetRunSueRunDined on 11/14/2014I was excited to see what the new owners had done with this long-time FTL restaurant. But I was sadly a little underwhelmed. The waterside location is of course still the biggest draw. And the remodel inside is quite pleasing - airy, light, classy but still a place to go in topsiders and shorts. Unfortunately in the two most important area - food and service - it misses the mark. Nothing was horrible. But nothing was good enough to make me want to go back, which is a shame. The lobster pasta dish was not bad but was bone dry and bland by anyone's taste (even mine, and being half British I tend to favor bland, dry food!). Just a little white wine, smidge of butter and a seasoning of some sort would have made it a winner. The flatbread would have been good except that the volume of cheese would have been more appropriate on a pizza crust, not on a thin flatbread. I tried a bite of a pork chop which seemed decent enough and if forced to go again I would order that. As for service, it was definitely attentive and friendly, so no issue there. But it was just....bumbling, maybe. Or weird, like overly polite, which made it kind of stiff and awkward. That said, I would love to have others try it and prove that I was just there on an off night. This is kind of a legendary restaurant in FTL and I would love to see it succeed! Enough positive reviews and I would dip my toe in the intracoastal waters again. :) And for sure I would go there for lunch...I suspect both the food and the vibe are better for lunch than for dinner.Special Features:
- Shooters in FT LauerdaleAZWardsDined on 11/14/2014This was our first visit since the reopening. The changes were excellent. The decor was very nice, but the portions were a little smaller and the prices higher, but overall a really nice place. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menuJojoDined on 11/13/2014Last time I was there the edamame was bland, was served the wrong flatbread, my husband has had both the grouper and salmon and didn't enjoy either one. To sit by the water is great, but the food at Chart House right next door is better by far. Sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous setting with fabulous food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014The food and service were top notch. We sat at a beautiful table by the water and enjoyed the gorgeous views. Our table ordered the filet, scallops and salmon and everything was delicious and beautifully prepared. The peanut butter bar is a must. The drinks were delivered promptly and our server was attentive and well informed of the menu. Highly recommend. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist spot no moreParticularVIPDined on 11/8/2014Prior to its rejuvenation last year, Shooter's was more of a tourist bar/restaurant along the intracoastal, and many locals opted for establishments with better food and service. That has all changed, and the new ownership, management and chef have created an excellent blend of ambience, food and service. We particularly enjoyed the short ribs that were simmered for more than twelve hours. The hamburger and fries were above the normal, and were refreshingly good. On a busy Saturday night, our OpenTable reservation for an outside table was honored immediately, and the service was efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing better....LocalDinerVIPDined on 11/8/2014The perfect late lunch on the water spot. The new outdoor area is a wonderful this time of year.Special Features:
- A Must SeeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014We loved it here. The ambiance, food and service were top notch. The place was really busy and had great energy. The view is spectacular and everything exceeded our expectations. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Scallops at ShootersVIP2VIPDined on 11/6/2014The pan-seared scallops on cheesy bacon grits won raves from my three dining companions. I had the salmon and it did not disappoint. I always recommend Shooters as the go-to place in Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:
- Water Front DiningGoodTimesDiningDined on 10/31/2014Good food, a bit noisy, but will return its well worth the trip. I had the scallops with were cook perfect the wife had the lobster pasta both tasted great but could have used a bit more meat in the lobster pasta. We shared the Peanut Butter Bar, this was FANTASTIC. Great place and we will be returning. Very attentive wait staff willing to help anyway they can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parFollowMyForkDined on 10/24/2014I have made many reservations via OpenTable for Shooters and have brought many people here for their birthday. This time around I was not happy with the service. It was my friend's birthday and I told our server this and I had to tell him again. He then asked what she would like and then charged me for the dessert. Every time I have brought a friend for a birthday, even my birthday it was on the house. Food seemed to be off and there were only high top tables and the fire pit chairs for waterfront option (as they were undergoing renovation.)Special Features:
- overpricedanonymousVIPDined on 10/19/2014Restaurant was over priced for size of portion. No bread, crackers or anything provided while waiting for entree. An order of scallops for over $30 should have more than 4 scallops. We were asked by both server and hostess what we thought of meal. Both pressed to see if we had any negative thoughts. Hostess said she has had a lot of complaints about portion size. She said to come again once they have their new menu but did not offer any incentive to come again.Special Features:
- AmazingfuninthesunDined on 10/19/2014I had the greatest time! I came this past weekend and had a blast. I surprised my sister and she was ecstatic, we will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Nicely done!RickGDined on 10/18/2014What a nice surprise. The new remodeling was very impressive. The place is beautiful. The food was good. Our waitress Erin was excellent. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and energeticSaysoDined on 10/18/2014Great place. It was our 1st time there. Good food. Good wine list. Not as expensive as I thought it was going to be. Will definitely go back with company from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor spot aroundKingahfoodDined on 10/18/2014Shooters is hands down the best outdoor scene in the area. The food, staff and ambiance of the outside area is bar none. Highly recommended for couples! Our server Matthew was the best server we've had in a long time! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Better ViewdknyDined on 10/11/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our 1st visit to Shooters. The place was designed and decorated beautifully and the view on the inter coastal was great. The service was OUTSTANDING. Our waitress (forget her name; she was originally from Pennsylvania) could not have been more friendly and attentive. The food was very good too. Definitely save room for dessert; all 4 of us had something different and each was outstanding. A bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- QofNYCDined on 10/10/2014The food was very good, but the portions were small. The menu was very limited. Very comfortable setting. The chocolate lava cake was outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Spot ON!!!DCon692Dined on 10/3/2014Dinning at Shooters was spot on. The management team is spectacular, we spoke to all 3 managers. Our server Jeffery was a professional at his job. He never let us down, not once! The food was perfect! the menu was simple but touched all the bases as far as variety. As a retired Chef I would have liked to have met the Chef, but site un-seen he knows his job very well, and we are looking forward to the new menu and coming back very soon. Great Job Shooters.Special Features:
- Great evening!JeffDined on 10/1/2014Thanks, Shooter's, for another fantastic evening! We had the good fortune to meet Kevin, our server for the evening. Kevin provided the kind of personal attention that makes you feel like your in his home. Whoever preparing in the kitchen was absolutely on their game! My blackened scallop entree was off the chart!! I have been a Shooter's patron for 30+ years and they just keep getting better and better.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/20/2014Appetizers were disappointing...Breading did not stay on calamari and flatbread had a soggy crust. Mains fared better: short ribs and grouper, though the grouper portion was very skimpy for the price and although task, the short ribs and mashed potatoes were only luke warm. Will try their burgers next time and hope for a better experience.
- JSOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014Really enjoyed the evening with friends. Menu a little limited but what's on it sure was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHOOTER'S LEAVES LOTS TO BE DESIREDBocafoodmavenVIPDined on 9/19/2014The old Shooter's was what it was, a gathering place for the bar scene. Attractively located on the intracoastal. The new Shooter's is a hodge-podge of rooms that is trying to be a gathering place for the those wanting a bar scene, but falls short when attempting to be a restaurant also. Our purpose to try it out since reopening was for having dinner. Food is mediocre and prices are a bit high for the fare offered, including drinks. Choices are very limited to a small menu, that supports the bar scene scenario. The Intracoastal offers too many good choices for dining. We won't be going back to Shooter's anytime soon.Special Features:
- fingers crossedKevinVIPDined on 9/18/2014The restaurant is beautiful and has undergone a major transformation. I've dined with them three times since they reopened and each time it was from a different menu. The staff were all polite, friendly, and quick to smile. Great service and a really hip relaxed interior. Menu is way too small. They serve no specials. Great place but a really limited menu.Special Features:
- Belle expérienceMamy69Dined on 9/13/2014Cet endroit, fraichement rénové, est très beau avec vue sur l'intracostal. La nourriture est bonne et les prix dans la moyenne. Notre serveur était très amical. Nous avons été malheureusement placés près des cuisines, donc beaucoup de bruit. La vue sur l'eau est très belle. Immense terrasse extérieure. Je vous le conseille. Stationnement payant à proximité.Special Features:
- Great renoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014The place is amazing , staff works well together The food was incredibleSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Surprised that there was a small amount of choices under the entree heading.Special Features:
- fantastique -in french is more boldTonysBDDined on 9/1/2014excellent in all aspects !! Our server Kevin made our dinner much better and enjoyable. Food, please, people, all have an ouststanding ovation. !! goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!GoodFoodMomDined on 9/1/2014It's been a while since I would willingly go to Shooters and I'm so glad I did! They completely renovated the entire restaurant and the menu and its sooooo much better! The servers are amazingly friendly and accommodating to adults and kids alike! The hostesses were too! I'll be a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is a zeroCaptainKirkVIPDined on 8/31/2014We waited 10 minutes to be seated as the hostess could not find the person that seats people. Please know that the outdoor seating area is having construction so most of the water is blocked. Clam chowder was very bland with no flavor at all. The pork was very dry and was sent back. The calamari, which was an appetizer, came 10 minutes after the pork dinner. The appetizer was also cold and was sent back. We then ordered the french dip, which took so long, that by when we got the sandwich, it was cold and was sent back. After waiting several minutes for dessert to be served. We told the server we were leaving. At the valet, there were 10 in line, we asked for the keys and got the car ourselves. A totally disappointing dinner.
- Food Always great-View goneYOLODined on 8/29/2014For those who love the new Shooters- you need to be aware that right now, the water view is all but gone due to the dock construction. It's not till I arrived with out of town guest that I realized that this choice for waterfront dinning was going to be bust.Special Features:
- great memoriesbc1958Dined on 8/27/2014First came here in 1983 when it was brand new and the hot spot in town. Now renovated and trendy but still great.Special Features:
- ModernizedBocaFoodiesVIPDined on 8/23/2014New shooters took a face lift. Menu is ok, execution is uninspiring. Little standards are missing in the bar prep such as larger martini pours and accompaniments such as blue cheese stuffed olives. Outside patio can accommodate more diners. They will lose business to Kaluz up the Intracoastal. Staff was nice but operationally the restaurant falls short on excitement and energy.Special Features:
- great viewLorettaVIPDined on 8/18/2014The views are great, but now they have good food and cleaned it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MavenVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great views need to add more items to the menu, maybe some specials and more of a dinner menuSpecial Features:
- Very nice: needs more than diningfoodlover12Dined on 8/8/2014I have no complaints w/new shooters: beautiful, good service & food. But hovering between 3 and 4 stars. I can't put my finger on it, but just missing a vibe. Not talking about tacky bikini contests! When you think Las Olas, downtown Delray, you think "destination" and this place has that potential! Big beautiful outdoors near old Bootleggers bldg (which could be an incredible jazz/blues cafe or other upscale club). People could wander post dinner between them. Our party of 4 is 40s/50s range and wanted to linger to enjoy the night (and spend more $), but after dinner, not much else to do. If I'm looking to go out Fri/Sat night, I don't just want a meal: I want a fun evening out. Shooters doesn't offer that yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014had a great time was able to relax and just hang out with friendsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful waterfrontvvbr1Dined on 8/7/2014It is difficult to find water front dining spots that also have great food....this is one.Special Features:
- Glad to be back!FLAGirlDined on 8/5/2014It's been a long time since I've been here and was looking for a waterfront restaurant half-way between West Palm and Miami. Perfect! The interior has been redone and is beautiful, the outside seating is right on the water with docks and a water taxi stop, and the sunset was incredible. The restaurant offers complimentary valet and there is a City parking garage across the street. Our waiter was very attentive. I ordered the chicken tortilla soup which was good and the cobb salad which was large, but just ok. The peach lemonade sorbet was great! I would gladly come back here. There was a large group enjoying themselves in one area of the restaurant, lots of people at the large bar, and a good mix of families and couples dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I made a reservation to ask my Bridesmaids to be in my wedding. Even though our reservation was originally outside, they recommended to move us inside because of a storm that was coming. I requested a quieter area since this was a special occasion. Food was excellent, the bottomless mimosas were great, and it turned out to be a perfect spot for such a special moment! The renovation came out great! If I had to say anything about Shooters, I just wished it had more menu options for brunch.Special Features: