Shoga Sushi & Oyster Bar
300 E. 88th St.
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Shoga Sushi & Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shogasushi.net/
- Phone: (212) 289-4635
- Hours of Operation:
>Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Darren
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
A word from Shoga Sushi & Oyster Bar
Shoga is a modern Japanese Restaurant where is located at the busy street of Upper East Side. The restaurant provide a cozy atmosphere to customers who enjoy great tasting sushi and sashimi and chef special rolls, they Also specialize in raw oyster which are freshly pick by experience chef daily. The restaurant include a bar area for those who just like to enjoy a glass of finest Sake or specialty cocktailContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shoga Sushi & Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- food excellent but...LJLULUVIPDined on 5/14/2014buyer beware. if you happen to be there for the $1 oyster happy hour special and you ask what the oyster type is, be careful cause they dont' tell you that the available oysters are not ALL included in the $1 special and the resultant bill will be unexpected. same with the drinks on "special", they do not tell you which are included unless you ask...........however, that being said, the food is excellent, fresh. and where the service is lacking, the flavor is greatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/13/2014Sushi was great. Service was ok. Thankfully, we were not in a hurry to eat and get out. Oysters were terrific.Special Features:
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014Had lunch with a friend before a dance concert at the 92nd Street Y. Great lunch specials ranging from $9-12 . We both chose the $12 special that included soup, salad & 3 rolls. Sushi was fresh & delicious . Happy hour starts early so we were able to participate at our 1PM lunch. Friendly attentive staff. Clean pleasant atmosphere . Would definitely return when in the areaSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceFoodieGirlVIPDined on 12/31/2013We've eaten here a number of times. The sushi is very good quality and the service is lovely. It's a small, intimate setting and good for dates or a small group of friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SushijzinnVIPDined on 10/8/2013We had such a lovely meal. The service was friendly and attentive. We enjoyed our sushi very much. We had a great evening thanks to Shoga Sushi.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2013This place was a great neighborhood find. The sushi is above average and the originality of the rolls and cocktails is refreshing. Staff is great an their kitchen entrees are also delicious.Special Features:
- Favorite UES Sushi RestaurantDeannaNYrVIPDined on 5/17/2013In my opinion, this is the best sushi on the UES. Its dressed up or down go to, for any occasion. The presentation and service is exceptional. I love the ambiance of the restaurant. They have great delivery service too. They do not have much of a wine selection, which is a bummer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013I started coming to this sushi gem when it was still 88 Fusion and it was amazing. Since its renovation and revamp to Shoga its just gotten better. The sushi is incredible, the drinks fantastic and the servers so friendly! Definitely to be recommended! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi & Soba are both excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2013Sushi & Soba are both excellent. Crab rangoon -- unusual for a Japanese place -- is excellent and made unlike any I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great sushi chefs and terrific barFoodieGirlVIPDined on 3/28/2013The omakase sashimi was delicious and fresh and the bartender has quite a stiff pour! Winning combination. Really enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.