Shoeless Joe's Sport Grill - King
276 King St W
Toronto, ON M5V 1J2Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Shoeless Joe's Sport Grill - King
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shoelessjoes276king.com/home
- Phone: 4165964203
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 2:00 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Ryan Michailoff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: SPORTING EVENTS, DJ
A word from Shoeless Joe's Sport Grill - King
SHOELESS JOES AT 276 KING ST WContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shoeless Joe's Sport Grill - King reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Perfect B4 Theatre dinnerbaddogeatsDined on 10/17/2014Strong menu, quick service and good food. Nice way to start the evening prior to seeing something at either Princess of Wales or Royal Alexander Theatres (its right between them!). Make sure to mention you are going to the theatre - might end up with a Mirvish discount!Special Features:
- Great bar food and serviceBluenosesDined on 9/30/2014This is a bar and not a fancy restaurant, so if looking for ambiance, you have the wrong class of establishment. Had a great experience eating here in the dining room area prior to attending a play at the Princess of Wales Theatre. Great pub food and excellent service from the (only) male server in the restaurant. Only on his third day in this establishment, he had a command on the menu items, was very personable and friendly to us out of towers. He very attentive to our needs, as well as those around us. Did not realize that there was 10% off for theatre goers until the server presented us with our bill. We would definitely eat here again on our next theatre visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashhungrygirlDined on 9/25/2014We had a nice meal and the waitress was very attentive. We were celebrating a birthday and they brought a free dessert and sang happy birthday after the meal. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discount for watching a playStevieBDined on 9/21/2014Servers were great to let us know that there's a 15% discount (excludes alcohol) if you show them your theater tickets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Shoeless Joe's Sport Grill - King reviews archive.
- Fast and efficientAlwayslookin4gudspotsDined on 5/31/2014Good for watching/catching up on sports while eating. Also fast and efficient if you are attending a nearby event. Very comprehensive menu too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wouldn't go backfam4Dined on 5/30/2014We made reservations at the King St. location because we had theatre tickets so the location was convenient. Also, it had a fairly good kids menu, however the dessert offered with the kids meals are packaged Oreos or Jello, not very exciting. Both my kids wanted the sundae (that was offered at a surcharge) but they were all out. Two out of our four meals were not correct and service was slow even though the restaurant wasn't busy. We left thinking that we should have looked for another restaurant on King St. We will not return to this location.Special Features:
- Shoeless Jpoe's King St TOdinnernshowDined on 5/28/2014Noise level was very excessive, made normanl conversation a challenge. My wife ordered as pasta dish, it was well presented however had excessive amount of salt, she ate the mixed veggies and some of the noodles, should have sent it back. Managed did only charge 50% for the entree. My peppercorn burger and fries were quite good, cook forgot to include any pepper.Special Features:
- Great to watch hockey gameLovemapleleafsDined on 3/22/2014Sat at table with a tv to watch Maple Leafs game. Food was surprisingly good and desserts were very satisfying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Food QualityFelixDined on 3/13/2014Recently visited the King street location for dinner before going to see American idiot. There were 6 of us. the service was excellent. our waitress was very attentive to our needs. the food was above what I expected. I would definitely go back when I am in the area. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, great service.Jimbok64VIPDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I dined here prior to a show at the The Royal Alexandra. Upon arrival, we were seated promptly and our drink orders taken. The drinks arrived quickly and my beer and her wine, were served at the perfect temperatures. We shared the onion soup and she ordered the battered fish and I, the standard burger. Although the flavor of everything was good and the portions, reasonable, the items didn't arrive as hot as I'd have liked. We finished our meal sharing the chocolate chip cookie with ice cream. Overall, it was a very nice experience and our waiter, Coner was excellent. When asked if we were going to a show and we told him we were, he took 15% of the food portion of our bill (I saw the promo in the show program later). Nice touch!Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre DiningBelindaDined on 1/29/2014Great location for dining before going to the Royal Alex and a 6:30 pm reservation was enough time for an 8 pm show. Wait staff and manager were very friendly; food and wine prices are reasonable. 4 cheese onion soup was yummy! A screw-up with our order and slightly under-cooked chicken sandwich had the manager at our table making amends by comping the item. Though the waitress knew we were going to a show, she had to be reminded to bring the bill. Luckily the restaurant is steps from the theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Service neededDebbieDined on 1/24/2014Upon arrival, hostess was quick to seat us. The temperature of the restaurant was quite chilly. In fact, we witnessed a couple of customers putting their coats on while dining. The food was superb. Unfortunately, the service was very slow even before it started getting busy. We were only checked on once as we started eating. But once we finished our meals, we were waiting so long, we didn't have time for dessert or more drinks before we had to leave for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not wonderfulJeromeDined on 1/21/2014Food good. Service was just okay. Didn't see waiter for 15 min at a time. Took 15 min to get the bill.Special Features:
- Great place to watch sports!ShmirVIPDined on 1/4/2014Excellent place to watch sports, with large screen TVs, plus TVs at some individual tables. Service was surprisingly good for a sports bar, and not terribly noisy. Also conveniently close to Royal Alex and Princess of Wales Theatres. They also take reservations.Special Features:
- Very little food for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013We were very disappointed with the food at Shoeless Joe's on King. My husband had the Ribs n Wings combo and I had the Chicken and Shrimp Jumbalaya. My husband's meal cost approx. $22 and what he received was 2 small sections of ribs (1/3 rack) and 4 chicken wings and some kettle chips. Way too expensive for that amount of food. My meal was priced at approx. $17. It came in a bowl and the food barely covered the bottom of the bowl. To add to that...my meal had absolutely NO flavor and was somewhat hot when it arrived.....very disappointing. We were both hungry after we finished our meal. My daughter ordered a Caeser Salad entre. There were many lettuce leaves in the salad that were old and brown. Would not recommend this restaurant.
- pre-theatre diningWoodrowDined on 11/27/2013Good location- between two theatres. You need to make the private note to the restaurant longer as what I have to say is dircted at them.m and now I am editing it and trying to make 50 characters here.Special Features:
- theatre nightWoodrowDined on 11/20/2013Shoeless Joe's is a good place to meet before going to the theatre- it is convienent, priced right, and accomadating for any size group.Special Features:
- Good for the Sports Bar Scene CrowdBabsDined on 9/30/2013If you are going for a for a great pre theatre meal, don't bother. It's a good place for a quick bar food dinner or snack. We had the Fish Catcher which just fair. The bun was cold, the fish was large but too much batter, the toppings on the bun were not spread out evenly or plentifully, and a few might have been missed. However the price was right and it was filling and convenient to the theatre. Lots of TV screens to keep you occupied while waiting or eating.Special Features:
- Pre Theatre at Shoeless Joe'sluvfoodDined on 8/10/2013Needed restaurant close to the theatre and this was perfect. Service was friendly, efficient. Food was fine - not over the top, or exciting but nothing to complain about - it was served hot, which is important to me. Of course, that could be based on what we ordered, which was comfort food. It was perfectly convenient for the King Street theatres.Special Features:
- Sports bar plusJoolesDined on 7/30/2013I've been here a number of times and have always enjoyed the ambiance and food. The music is always very good and you can still hold a conversation, so it's not too loud. It's a great spot to watch sports, but my girlfriends and I also use it as the meeting spot for our pre-theatre dinner/drinks. The waitresses are definitely there to please the gentlemen (lots of cleavage!) but still a decent spot for the ladies. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the food was not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2013one of our group ordered a salad with salmon. the salmon was old and dried out and basically inedible - you could see by looking at it. Another had fish and chips. The outside coating was so hard it shattered but inside, the fish was mushy. Not appetizing at all. Service was good.
- Great place to watch the game...hallsie89Dined on 6/2/2013The atmosphere was great, perfect for watching the game as there are TV screnes everywhere including in the booth we were at. We enjoyed the fact that we could bring our kids, watch the game and have a beer. The food was good and there was lots of variety. Our service was unfortnately less than impressive. We had to wait for drinks several times, nobody came back to check if we needed anything after the food came, and we never did get ketchup. I would recommend the place based on atmosphere and hope the service was having a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for sport watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/14/2013Food was ok, service was excellent and so friendly. Tvs at every table so you had a choice of things and the option to turn it off too. Convenient location too.Special Features:
- Great for sports...as expected9YRDroughtDined on 5/6/2013They honored reservations without any problems or issues, even on the night of the big game. Good tv screens, good food and frosty mugs with your beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A group of 6 of us meet hereJoolesDined on 12/27/2012A group of 6 of us meet here before catching a movie at the TIFF lightbox theatre and had a couple drinks and dinner. Food was very good, service was pretty good and the music was a nice mix and volume was still ok to hold a conversation. Not many people in the bar but it was early and over Christmas holidays. Will definitely be back.Special Features: