Shizen at the JW Marriott Resort & Spa
221 N. Rampart Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89145Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Shizen at the JW Marriott Resort & Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jwlasvegasresort.com/Restaurants-Summerlin-Nevada/Shizen-59.html
- Phone: 7028697900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Japanese
- Executive Chef: William Siew
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shizen at the JW Marriott Resort & Spa
Japanese Steak House and Sushi Bar with teppanyaki-style dining. Enjoy showmanship of the Shizen chefs at the interactive and entertaining teppanyaki tables or sit at the expansive sushi bar indulging in the freshest seafood available. Open for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shizen at the JW Marriott Resort & Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (8)good for groups (6)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Greatest foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food and the service was so great that we made reservation for the following Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1842VIPDined on 10/12/2014Glad I checked the bill I was being overcharged.It was corrected after I brought it to there attention,but it left a bitter taste in my mouth.
- ExcellenteatoutoftenVIPDined on 9/12/2014One of out favorite restaurants in our area. Consistence in all the following: Friendliness of staff, greeted as we arrived, outstanding service, and food that you can not only enjoy but you are given a pleasant show as the chef prepares it in front of you. Got to love this place!Special Features:
- All Good!general07Dined on 8/16/2014The simplest way to put it is that it was all GREAT. Especially the chef. He was Very Entertaining, and friendly. Some tepanyaki restaurants have some boring chefs that can't wait to finish and go home. NOT THIS ONE! We also sat with some very nice people from the neighborhood and exchanged rounds of jokes and stories. I recommend it highly to anyone at anytime for any occasion~~~~~~~~Special Features:
- Won't Be BackJimDVIPDined on 8/9/2014Not a good experience. We had a teppanyaki chef who seemed completely uninterested in being there and overcooked all of the food. I was wondering why the place was mostly empty on a Saturday night.....now I know.
- Pretty Consistent ExperienceCyndalooskiDined on 7/4/2014We have been here several times, and the overall experience is nearly always perfect. The only thing that was not good this visit was my husband's chicken was rubbery/chewy. His filet and my scallops were delicious however. We always enjoy the teppenyaki "show." The service has always been spot-on. The view of the garden area from the teppenyaki tables is always a pleasant plus.Special Features:
- The following 31 reviews are from the Shizen at the JW Marriott Resort & Spa reviews archive.
- UnacceptableNoServiceDined on 6/13/2014We made reservations online and our reservation was accepted. We arrived at 7 for our reservation and were told there were no tables. We waited nearly an hour with only one update. We have company from out of town and wanted a nice dinner experience. We were all shocked at the lack of service and communication. We would never recommend this restaurant.
- Crab meatMarchVIPDined on 5/18/2014Real crab meat in California Roll not imitation. Go for happy hour and Sunday all you can eat. Love it...:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fairnothappyDined on 3/29/2014My girlfriend and I had the chicken T. Good flavor but chicken breast was no better than the kind that come in a freezer bag from Food 4 Less. Way over priced.Special Features:
- Food was okay. Just not worthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2014Food was okay. Just not worth walking through a casino to get too. The sushi restaurant closer to home tasted better and fresher.Special Features:
- Not much of a showAkanDined on 2/20/2014Food and service was excellent, and the chef was a good cook. However, he had not much of a personality and was, boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation SuggestionVegasGirlVIPDined on 2/15/2014Food was very good. Make certain you specify what type of dining you wish to enjoy in your reservation request, sushi bar, regular dining or teppanyaki, or you will be forced to wait beyond your reserved time. We almost left.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatCoryVIPDined on 2/15/2014Staff seemed confused. Running everywhere. Good tasted "heated up" And not fresh Spoke to manager she said "yah we're a little hectic, try coming in On a Sunday- we are mofe organized then" Restaurant had two tepanyaki tables and two other tables besides us.. It was half dead. Not sure what "hectic" she was referring too
- I had eaten here when thisKathleenVIPDined on 1/17/2014I had eaten here when this restaurant first opened and had a good experience. Unfortunately, the service and quality has gone down hill.
- Great ChoiceVanBVIPDined on 11/2/2013This Japanese restaurant is a hidden gem--the service and food are outstanding, and not to be missed. We dined at a regular table, rather than a teppanyaki table, and enjoyed the evening very much, as we did not wish to be impressed with a "show" while dining( done that many times before at other Japanese establishments)--but that was our choice. The spinach salad was outstanding, and my steak was perfectly prepared.( From the looks of the patrons dining at the teppanyaki tables, they all were having a great time, and we trust that their choices of food were as good as we had at a normal table.) We shall return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a little uncomfortableBellagioVIPDined on 11/1/2013It was a little uncomfortable sitting in an empty restaurant. Including us, there were only 2 tables occupied. Our food was freshly prepared, but mediocre. The teriyaki steak was dry and tasteless, even after adding salt & pepper.
- Teppanyaki cooking is veryvegasonly43Dined on 8/31/2013Teppanyaki cooking is very good. The chef just make it the right to the delight of the customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great MealeatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/16/2013Great food, great service, excellent show by the cook who cooks the food right in front of you! What else can one ask for?Special Features:
- Horrible experienceDRennDined on 8/10/2013We had to wait almost an hour for our food, the food was awful and extremely overpriced. I would never go back.
- lobster cooked to perfection;NANADined on 8/9/2013lobster cooked to perfection; husband loved his surf and turf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceCynthiaDined on 7/20/2013I went here to celebrate my birthday, understood it was a great place based on reviews and ratings, and was extremely disappointed. I was placed in the smallest space available, next to the swinging kitchen door (needless to say, I did not stay seated there). I then had to chose my own spot to sit and was informed I would be watching the back of the chef from that position. Waited 20 minutes for a server, 20 minutes for our water and beverages, 20 minutes more for the chef to show up. Food was never bussed from the prior diners so we had to stare at that nasty mess through our whole meal. No one in the restaurant ever offered an explanation or an apology, my birthday was never acknowledged, and there was no manager there to even talk to.
- Great dinning experienceeatoutoftenVIPDined on 7/11/2013The food and the entertainment by the cook are excellent, service is outstanding. Would recommend this gem for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food. Less expensiveMNKTRAINERDined on 6/15/2013Enjoyed the food. Less expensive than other Japanese restaurants around VegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little rough around the edgesVegasDVVIPDined on 5/18/2013We may have gone in with higher expectations due to previous reviews and ratings, but still would have rated the experience just above average. We were seated at one of the teppanyaki tables in the corner. Although it did feature large glass walls overlooking an outdoor waterfall to the side, the main views were of those on the patio dining tables. The view opposite of the outdoor view as that of the kitchen door and wall with several scuff marks from the portable chef tables that frequently move in-and-out to service the other teppanyaki tables. We could have easily looked passed all that since our chef was skilled and the service was prompt and friendly. However, the food quality was average at best.
- We had a nice meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/10/2013We had a nice meal and service was great but was ver quiet, and not many people there but food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2013Food was good, but the service was poor. Very few people in the restaurant and it still took over 45 min. after dinner to get our check. Waitress never came back to see if we wanter anything esle to drinkSpecial Features:
- Great MealeatoutoftenVIPDined on 3/21/2013First time visit but we will be back. The service was excellent, our drink glasses were kept full, the show by the cook was excellent and the food was fabulous. What more can you ask for.Special Features:
- The server obviously did notJudyVIPDined on 2/21/2013The server obviously did not want to be there the night we came in. The chef that prepared our meal table side was EXCELLENT! Food was awesome.
- food was below average. priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012food was below average. pricey for what they serve. service was horrible.
- My wife and I went there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012My wife and I went there for the holiday season and we enjoy teppanyaki. This place has great service and good quality food. I highly recommend it!
- I was surprised that thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2012I was surprised that this restaurant did not have a full bar. It's in a casino hotel... you would think they could figure something out. If you do not have a full bar, then you need to have some better wine options. Nothing about this visit makes me feel I need to come back. It was just... okay.
- Overall a very good restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2012Overall a very good restaurant. We enjoyed our meal and the service was great. The place was not crowded, but with the hibachi service going, it was fun. The rock shrimp appetizer is a must.Special Features:
- It was. A very enjoyable.dOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2012It was. A very enjoyable.d We both. Have. Already. Recommended. To our. Friends. The chef put on quite. The show.would go again the. Food. Was really good.Special Features:
- I needed reservations forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012I needed reservations for 6PM for 10 people and restaurant didnt open until 5 pm. I made my reservations online followed by a voice mail I left. I was contacted within 5 minutes of opening to confirm my resaervations.Special Features:
- I ate at the Teppan table,hzleyesVIPDined on 2/19/2012I ate at the Teppan table, the checf did good job, They had the worst sauces to accompany the food, which ruined the meal. The only thing I did like was the filet I had. It was tender.
- Valentines's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Had a wonderful dinner with my wife on Valentine's Day. We didn't want to go to a place too crowded so this place was just perfect. We've been here numerous times so we knew what to expect. Had a Valentine's special so we were able to get an appetizer, main course and dessert for a great price. To cap things off, they provided my wife an orchid and a small box of chocolate. Very pleased with the food, service and the price.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant, had no ideaKathleenVIPDined on 12/31/2011Nice restaurant, had no idea it was there for so many years. Food was good, priced a little high for a local restaurant, but will go back.Special Features: