800 California #100
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shivasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6509603802
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -9:30pm, Friday -Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm. "HAPPY HOURS" (At Bar & Patio only) 5.00pm - 7.00pm Sunday - Thursday Join our 6th ANNUAL FALL PROMOTION Early Diners get 25% off on all Entrees & Beverages from 5.30pm - 6.30pm Sun - Thu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Checkout our $9.95 EVENT CATERING at our website http://www.shivasrestaurant.com/Catering Page.pdf All items from the dinner menu are available. Oven baked bread can be made on site, on portable Tandoor. We have done catering at all the major hotels in the bay area. We will help you customizing the menu as per your taste and within your budget.
- Private Party Facilities: Shiva's has a banquet hall for up to 50 people. It has a separate entry and it's own music system. Audio-Visual system along with projection screen available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Harsh Bahl 6509603802
- Special Events: EARLY DINERS GET 25% OFF ON ALL ENTREES & BEVERAGES (SUN - THU) For further details Kindly check our official website www.shivasrestaurant.com
A word from Shiva's
Warm ambience and a toast to celebrate every occasion. Award- Winning North Indian Delicacies. Every Dining experience is exciting, memorable and very satisfying. Shiva's offers classic North Indian food with a contemporary twist. It is a fresh attempt to bring to you authentic Indian cuisine in an ambiance made to leave an everlasting impression. A full service bar and a separate banquet hall make Shiva's a perfect place to host your special event.Continued
EARLY DINERS GET 25% OFF ~ For further details kindly check our official website www.shivasrestaurant.com
EARLY DINERS GET 25% OFF ~ For further details kindly check our official website www.shivasrestaurant.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shiva's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Love Shiva'ssrk77Dined on 4/15/2014Shiva's is my absolute favorite Indian restaurant. You absolutely have to try the Tandoori rack of lamb.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding,eDaneDined on 4/8/2014The food was outstanding, the best Chicken Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantfrequentdineDined on 4/6/2014We have been going to Shiva's for about 8 years. The ambiance is lovely, service is always impeccable and kind, the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was very OKAkankshaDined on 3/29/2014My brother insisted on going here because they have good chicken biryani. However, I am a vegetarian and the food was very ordinary. The gobi manchurian had no salt and wasn't crisp. The dal makhani wasn't bad and the bread were just about ok too. The only reason I mark it this place as 'Fair' is because of the gulab jammun and the kulfi - really good!
- Indian FoodSandraVIPDined on 3/28/2014We love good Indian Food, and Shiva's certainly has good Indian food. Service is always great, and the Servers are very knowledgeable about the menu.
- Reliably goodJPMVDined on 3/21/2014Shiva's has all the usual favorites AND a special where if you buy four entrees you get a free bottle of wine (except Fri/Sat). Also an early bird special, I believe that's 20% off. Lunch buffet is good as well.Special Features:
- Generous portions of deliciouselaineKOAVIPDined on 3/21/2014Generous portions of delicious food at moderate prices. The chicken tikka masala and lamb rogangosh were very tasty. The raita was thick and aromatic. Shiva favorably compared with one of our favorite Indian restaurants in Palo Alto. It is a great place for dinner before a performance at the Mountain View Performing Arts Center, allow 1.25- 1.5 hours for dinner before the show.Special Features:
- Gone downhillR2D2Dined on 1/28/2014I used to eat here a few years ago when I lived in the Bay Area so was expecting an enjoyable Indian meal while eating there on a business trip. First the unfriendly hostess tries to seat me at the bar despite my OpenTable reservation and the half empty restaurant. Then I order what is supposed to be a spicy dish and ask for it very hot. The waiter repeats back to me 'you want it very hot?' - and I confirm 'YES, VERY HOT'. What do I get? A bland dish with no spice at all. No kidding, I could had fed it to my 4 year old at home. By the time the waiter came back to ask how the food was, I had eaten the bland, disappointing excuse for a Vindaloo. This place isn't what it used to be. I wouldn't go there again.
- We went for the lunch buffetKateDined on 1/14/2014We went for the lunch buffet which is very good. There's a lot of variety and the food is very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian Food in Mountain ViewSkylarLuciaVIPDined on 11/4/2013Shiva is consistently great. I have never had a bad meal there. And, I always leave stuffed because I can't stop eating. The flavors, the quality, the presentation, all amazing. By far my favorite Indian restaurant in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!MtViewDinerDined on 10/13/2013Sunday @ 5:30pm. Seafood kabobs were perfectly cooked! Tender and delicious. The naan was delicious was well. Not sure if it was because we dined so early. There was only one wait staff and the hostess waited tables as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great buffet and Butter Chicken!longdogzDined on 10/2/2013As always, the lunch buffet at Shiva's has high quality and interesting (if very rich) Indian food. The staff is good about bringing the beer and naan quickly. All in all a great lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Service With A SmileSeNaInCADined on 9/28/2013Went for dinner with 2 young kids - a 4 year old and a 2 year old. The staff was quick to get us a sheet of paper and crayons. Food was brought out in good order - i.e. got us the appetizers first, waited for these to complete and then got us hot dinner once we were ready. Service was always with a smileSpecial Features:
- Service was poor. One of theLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2013Service was poor. One of the drinks never came, they didn't seem too concerned just said sorry. Food was decent but we expected better service.Special Features:
- Shiva'sPeterVIPDined on 6/21/2013Best part about the meal was our server. His name is Kabi. He took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date at Shiva'slove2dineVIPDined on 6/17/2013Our waitress is from the Boston area and was very nice. We have both lived in metropolitan Boston for several years, so this was great. Also, Shiva's is overall very nice and has excellent Indian cuisine in a very competitive neighborhood. Dozens of great restaurants including Indian, nearby! OMG!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, rushed, rushed.BritinUSADined on 6/15/2013We were half way through our appetizers and the waiter staff kept trying to take our plates. We were still eating and the plates were half full and yet again they asked to clear the plates. Then our main course arrived, we were still eating. They took the food away and just left it on the side somewhere until we were ready. When it came it was barely warm and "the wonderful hot nan" as described by our waitress was now cool at best. The restaurant wasn't full but we felt like we were rushed and they wanted us gone..............................I'm not sure anyone wants their entrée before they are even 1/2 way through the appetizer. $18 for a small bowl of chicken with no rice or bread, overpriced. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
- ShivasSandraVIPDined on 6/14/2013Great Indian restaurant. Food is really good and not too spicy. They know their menu and are very helpful explaining the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shiva's . . . best Mtn View dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2013My family dines at Shiva's for almost every special occasion. This weekend was no different. The staff is friendly and attentive. The food is always fabulous and loved by all. By far, Shiva's is the best Indian restaurant in the Mountain View area. We ate everything, so singling out one or two dishes is impossible. The lunch buffet is the best around and dinner is a real treat for the foodie's dining experience. Always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceWallaceDined on 5/16/2013Went there for a romantic date with some special arrangements for a floral delivery and the hostess was just wonderful, and seemed to enjoy being a part of the surprise. Food was excellent, and for one of our orders we asked for it to be spicy and it was done perfectly. I highly recommend Shiva's for a romantic evening out, with fantastic food and really nice ambiance. Our waiter was right on-attentive but not intrusive, did not rush us at any point even though we were there right up to closing. There is a fair amount of competition for Indian Cuisine in the area, and for my money and business, Shiva's is at the top.Special Features:
- Excellent Castro Street FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2013Excellent Indian dinner with great suggestions from our waiter. Plenty of food. Overall a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2013The food was very good, although the portions are small. There were four of us, and we shared family style. All still had enough to eat.Special Features:
- Best Indian buffet in the U.S.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/6/2013I generally don't like buffets and most Indian food buffets do not fairly represent the quality and flavors of good Indian food. However, Shiva's is the best Indian buffet in the United States. They serve an excellent selection of veg and non-veg dishes that are constantly replenished so that the food is fresh out of the kitchen and the platters are never empty. The quality of their food is at least as good as anything one would order straight from the menu at a full service restaurant. The service is typical of a buffet style meal - not as personal as at a full service restaurant and beverage service was spotty; however, the quality of the food significantly offsets any issues one might have with the service.Special Features:
- Delicious food, friendly attentivejulieVIPDined on 2/8/2013Delicious food, friendly attentive Server. The complimentary bottle of wine, definitely, a plus!Special Features:
- The Sea Bass Tikka MasalaTheatergoerVIPDined on 2/3/2013The Sea Bass Tikka Masala was fabulous! The taste & texture were amazing. The Molai Kofta was very good as well. We are rarely disappointed at Shiva's but tonight we were especially delighted.Special Features:
- The prawns were beyond wonderful.PokeyVIPDined on 1/22/2013The prawns were beyond wonderful. The "stuffed pepper" was not what we expected, but the waitress, didn't seem to be very familiar with the menu.
- Loved it....great food atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013Loved it....great food at very reasonable prices. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Home cooked goodnessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2012The food was excellent as usual. The menu is great for most. Instead of a gluten free menu, they have a very small list of items that contain gluten. Everything is broken down so choices are plenty and easy to make.Special Features:
- Shivas is one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Shivas is one of the best Indian restaurants that I have been to. The food was great and the Nan was delicious. I would recommend going for lunch rather than dinner. While the cost is not that bad for dinner, it is.much less expensive at lunch and you can get more food. There are better places to go for Indian dinnerSpecial Features:
- Extravagant price for mediocre foodHema1808Dined on 11/3/2012It was disappointing dining here with not many buffet options and over priced
- We have now eaten here twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012We have now eaten here twice before going to the theater. The food is flavorful, plentiful and a wide variety of choices even for the vegans among us. Our server, a young woman from Nepal, was outstanding - so helpful and personable. Even remembered us and what we had ordered the second time we came. Ambience is warm and inviting with a separate bar, choice of tables or booths. Prices are very reasonable for such a memorable meal and experience. We will definitely be going back often.
- The best Indian food on CastroOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2012The best Indian food on Castro Street, although not the best in Mountain View - go to Amber India for that. But this is good, and more convenient, than Amber. The butter chicken doesn't hold a candle to Amber's, but their lamb roganjosh is as good as Amber's, and their scallops appetizer is lovely.Special Features:
- Best buffet variety I've seen.goldbrosVIPDined on 9/15/2012Best buffet variety I've seen. Have been there for dinner before and food was much betterSpecial Features:
- Great service, fun atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2012Great service, fun atmosphere, fabulous menu. The only thing to look out for - the Chicken Vindaloo, which is the only dish with any "chilies" next to it - is not the hottest dish. The lamb jalfreze was spicier/hotter - but all very delicious and well balanced (spice to flavor). Yum!Special Features:
- Lunch buffet was great. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/25/2012Lunch buffet was great. It had a nice balance of meat, vegetarian, and dessert dishes. Would happily go back and recommend.
- Delicious food and a wonderfulRUBINSFVIPDined on 8/12/2012Delicious food and a wonderful lunch buffet. We highly recommend Shiva's!Special Features:
- Loved their Shahee PaneerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2012Loved their Shahee Paneer and Dal Lakhnavi. This was the best Indian food I had in a while.
- I want to live Shiva's moreOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2012I want to live Shiva's more than I really do. It's in a really convenient location. But the food and service don't measure up. This time, I was seated at a table immediately next to the door (separated by a divider). I thought the location would be fine, until I discovered that it was on the way to the waiter stand in the corner. This wouldn't be so bad, except our server pretty much ignored us throughout the meal. I had come in with every intent of having several cocktails, and had one because I couldn't get the server's attention. The food wasn't very good: oily butter chicken, chewy lamb roganjosh, cold naan, and lukewarm rice. Amber India isn't nearly as convenient, but the food and service are much better.
- Lunch buffet was all reallyGinaDined on 6/26/2012Lunch buffet was all really good except the desserts---2 of 3 were substandard.Special Features:
- Problem was they advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2012Problem was they advertised some south Indian specialties such as dosas but they were mini and made by non-South Indian cooks. They did not taste quite right, the masala had raisins and cashews in it, very strange. The food at the 2nd buffet was ok but not brilliant.Special Features: