Shiro of Japan - Carle Place
401 Old Country Rd.
Carle Place, NY 11514Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Shiro of Japan - Carle Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shiroofjapan.com/
- Phone: 5169974770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hung Nguyen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For catering information go to ShiroOfJapan.com/Catering.
- Entertainment: Every table is treated to an amazing fire show!
A word from Shiro of Japan - Carle Place
Shiro of Japan of Carle Place and Glendale (The Shops at Atlas Park) New York, have the reputation for providing an exceptional and authentic Japanese dining experience at affordable prices for more than thirty years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Shiro of Japan - Carle Place - Best Restaurants in Carle Place ›
Shiro of Japan - Carle Place reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (40)kid-friendly (35)special occasion (35)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- great experience in diningfrecklesDined on 8/23/2014Would recommend to all. I enjoyed it a lot. The waiter was awesome and as you enter the restaurant you are greeted by the Japanese owner with a big smile and makes you feel so welcomed. I loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary celebrationluvfoodDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our 25th anniversary. The food was plentiful and delicious. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow down.Dinnerfor5Dined on 8/1/2014I've been coming to Shiro's since my kids were young. They still ask to come monthly. It's a fun place...however, you always feel rushed. I'm not talking about Fri or Sat night. You can be a 5pm table on a Tue and it's the same. SLOW DOWN.Special Features:
- Don't Forget Their Sushi!Ally4Dined on 7/24/2014Shiro is known for their hibachi, but for me, it is their sushi that keeps me coming back. In addition to their sushi, I really love their soba salad. It has a really good combination and tastes great. Furthermore, they are very accommodating and will make any roll with cucumber wrapping instead of rice for those who prefer this or need their sushi without rice. I will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:
- Good food great family placeDevitotwinsDined on 7/7/2014My family loved it! We all went after my twins had been there in a third grade field trip. They learned about Japan in school and got to experience the food. My kids loved it and kept asking to go back. So we took our family. Everyone loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Japanese FoodBurgosTheFoodie123Dined on 7/5/2014I had an excellent time at Shiro. It's a great place for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!marykDined on 6/29/2014We come here to celebrate family birthdays for my son. It's one of his favorite places to go, the can accomodate all 9 of us at one table, the food is delicious and the staff very attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...check problemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Food was great! Lots of fun always! Trouble with check...double charged each card. Now it's a pain to get refund. Great other than this issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seating for eightsmccDined on 6/27/2014Classified as "event dining" - fun for a group as entertaining and skillful chefs prepare hibachi style food in front of you. Staff is friendly, helpful and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014My family always enjoys going to Shiro. Good food and service and lots of fun. Great time for allSpecial Features:
- As Always, Wonderful SushiAlly4Dined on 6/14/2014The sushi was great as always. Fresh and high quality as expected. I love that they accommodate my need for cucumber wrapping instead of rice without question. I will be back!Special Features:
- great dinnerjessDined on 6/6/2014Food was great can't wait to go back. We look forward to itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodJulebaby16Dined on 5/30/2014We go to Shiros all the time. The food is fantastic .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014Moving forward ... My only recommendation is asking the chef/cook to immediately remove the food (shrimp/chicken) from the flame to avoid it drying out and beig hard. I'll come back again. Thank you Sophie for all your assistance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a true Hibachi experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2014I've previously dined at Shiro's and chose it for a special occasion dinner with friends and family who have never been to a hibachi restaurant. The food quality was good but the chef was not a good showman. My nieces and guests did not get to enjoy the true experience of hibachi and showmanship of a true hibachi chef. He literally cooked our food with no knife skills or demonstrations to make it a fun and memorable experience. I am also disappointed that the children were not offered the package of sweets as they usually do at the end of the meal. With so many other reputable Japanese hibachi restaurants to chose from, I will not choose Shiro's.Special Features:
- Luvbug24Dined on 5/16/2014The food is great, but the portions were extremely small this time. That was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sharing charge for kidsFoodieDined on 5/16/2014We have been going to Shiros for almost 30 years, since we were kids. Our 4 and 6 year old like the scallops which is not offered on kids menu. We always get them an adult meal to share, which actually more money that two kids meal. This time they told us they would have to charge us a $6 sharing fear. If it was two adults that would make sense but for small Children that is an unfair charge especially since we were paying more than two children meals. In the end we told them we were ordering fried rice only for 4 year old and this way we didn't get charged. When we asked to speak with manager waiter refused to accommodate us. We have been at Shiros so many times and have never encounter this issue. We will probably not go back for awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soukiDined on 5/11/2014We have been going to shiro of japan for mothers day for about 23 years!!! Never been disappointed... Best time to go if it's during a holiday is around 3:30...Maitai is awesome!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had a 9pm reservation which we waited 45mins for even though the place was empty. We said we didn't care about sitting at a hibachi table, we would sit anywhere, and they refused. They said we just be patient. While we were eating our salad and soup the server literally took our food away while we were eating. She waited for me to pick up a piece of lettuce and then took my bowl away. It was my birthday, they sang happy birthday to the wrong person in our group. And! They burned me!! The server put our receipts on silver trays that she (I didn't know at the time) left on a HOT hibachi table. Then she pretended to not understand what she did and why I was in so much pain. Horrible service. Food wasn't even good.
- Tried and TrueOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/10/2014This place always delivers quality (and abundant food) and terrific service. Its our go-to place for everything!Special Features:
- Lunch the day before Mother's Day.GutCheck23Dined on 5/10/2014The food was very good. We sat at the hibachi and our Mexican cook did a good job with everything he put on the flat top with a couple neat tricks. My party was a bit puzzled about why the couple at the end of the table has to wait for our entire order before the chef would begin cooking. We had no clue how long they had to wait. My brother and I shared a small bottle of great imported sake and my roll was delicious and appropriately portioned. I wish the staff greeted us with the same cordiality and vigor as the truly authentic Japanese restaurants in New york. I specifically requested this formality when I made the reservation so my mom would feel upbeat. With that being said, we probably over-tipped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the Shiro of Japan - Carle Place reviews archive.
- Birthdsy celebrationjerryDined on 5/1/2014It was a great night but the chicken was very dry. The drinks were too strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The new low for Japanese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2014Worst Japanese food I have ever had. Hibachi beef has no flavor. Sauces seem to be diluted with water...
- I have been coming here forHawkDined on 4/12/2014I have been coming here for about 20 years. The food is always amazing. Best Hitachi place I have ever been to. Friendly, great ombiance. A little expensive, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FavoriteRunawayDined on 3/30/2014I grew up visiting Shiro of Japan and chose it for a family get together. I am sad to say that the dining experience has gone down over the years. Maybe there are different owners?The salad dressing was a weak imitation of their past and what I have come to expect with very little ginger. The sauces for the main course are watered down and very weak not even coating the food. The vegetables we bland with the traditional sesame seeds no longer being added. The serving of shrimp appetizer was 3 very small shrimp. The chef seemed like an amateur with no flair. The tradition shrimp tail flip missing and the chicken over cooked and dry. Over all the experience was very over priced and will choose a different Hibachi restaurant in the future. .
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014We love going to Shiro! It has become our go to with the kid and grandkids. The food is always fresh and delicious & they have made birthday celebrations extra special. This is one place you must try and I can guarantee that you will make it a favorite of yours too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent spot but there no whereAsheeVIPDined on 3/22/2014Decent spot but there no where near the best bot overall experience is good! Sad part is that it's the food that's is poor
- Great food great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014I've been dining here for over 30 years and have never had one bad meal. Food is best hibachi around and staff are very friendly. It is nice to find consistency in a restaurant and Shiros sets the barSpecial Features:
- Great time!KishaDined on 2/26/2014My family and I went to Shiro to celebrate three birthdays. This was our first time at this establishment, so we did not know what to expect. Long story short, we had an amazing time! The service was excellent and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fun night out with friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chase's daddyNeilVIPDined on 2/17/2014Had a wonderful meal recently ! Attentive staff , very good food and Always a fun night. Much better than Benihana's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Hibachi & SushiAlly4Dined on 2/16/2014I prefer Shiro to Benihana. You get more for your money for the same type of experience. Shiro is always crowded so definitely make a reservation. Don't miss the sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great tasting food and good servicefoodlover7VIPDined on 2/16/2014I went in thinking this place is going to suck, generic food, sitting with strangers, cramped like sardines. It was the total opposite of what i imagined it would be. I ordered the steak sirloin it was very tender and flavorful i've been to the expensive steak houses and this one was that good. The fried rice tasted great as well. Next time i go i'm going to try the sushi rolls one of the couples across from me ordered and i was so tempted to call the waiter over and order one for myself. we weren't cramped at all the tables hold 7 or 8 people and there's plenty of room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friends and I went hereaamorimDined on 2/14/2014My friends and I went here for valentine's day and the food was superb. Although we had to wait a few minutes, it wasn't a problem because we grabbed some very good, strong drinks at the bar. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic HibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/18/2014Quality of food and service far exceeds that of Benihana. A must order is the filet mignon and if you like lobster, order the lobster tail. The Black Chili sushi roll is also a must-have.Special Features:
- Good FoodMinnieDined on 1/18/2014Went for a Special Occasion, Food and service was very good, would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014The food is excellent and the atmosphere is lively. Fun place to eat!Special Features:
- sittingTJH13Dined on 1/5/2014We were res. for a table of 7, when one couple was running late. We asked if we can sit down at a open table, they sat us when we said another couple is coming they said they wouldn't be able to serve us until they came. we had two other people in our party had a appointment who would had to leave early. well shiro sat three other people at our table. Well when our couple who was running late came they saw there was no room for them and walked out. PS it was my daughter and husband. Now we have a family issue......Special Features:
- Chase's DadNeilVIPDined on 1/4/2014Always a nice experience at Shiro of Japan in Carle Place; we MUCH prefer this to Benihana, as Shiro has much better food as well as service. The hostess is always accomodating with special requests. Also, the Sumo Wrestler "birthday hat" is great for a laugh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best HibachiHappyVIPDined on 12/29/2013This is my very favorite place to eat. Have been a customer for over 30 years.Special Features:
- We all noticed that the foodYum1Dined on 12/11/2013We all noticed that the food was not as good as it had been in the past.Special Features: