Shiraz Persian Restaurant
9625 E. Arapahoe Rd
Greenwood Village, CO 80112Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
PersianPrice: $30 and under
Shiraz Persian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shirazdenver.com/
- Phone: 3037925000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday _ Friday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 12:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can bring the food, setup, and provide service if needed.
- Private Party Facilities: Only for large parties additional fees applies.
- Private Party Contact: Shay Arami 3037925000x
- Entertainment: Belly Dancing, Live music and DJ
A word from Shiraz Persian Restaurant
Come and enjoy our unique cuisine. Iranian/Persian cuisine is one of the world's most ancient and developed styles of cooking. Situated between the Mediterranean Sea and the Indian subcontinent, Iranian cuisine has a shared history and ingredients with Mediterranean cuisine and Iraqi cuisine. It includes a wide variety of foods ranging from chelo kabab (rice served with roasted meat: barg, koobideh, joojeh, soltani), khoresht (stew that is served with white basmati or Iranian rice: ghormeh sabzi, gheimeh, and others), aash (a thick soup: for example Ash-e anar), kookoo (vegetable Souffle), polo (white rice alone or with addition of meat and/or vegetables and herbs, including loobia polo, albaloo polo, Sabzi polo, zereshk polo, Baghali Polo and others), and a diverse variety of salads, pastries, and drinks specific to different parts of Iran. The list of Persian recipes, appetizers and desserts is extensive.Continued
Online reservations CAN NOT combine with any other offers!
Online reservations CAN NOT combine with any other offers!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shiraz Persian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance2.5Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Persian DiningsuzyQDined on 10/11/2014Chicken (juje) boneless kabob was good (a bit dry) Sultani and ground beef (barg) were a lot better. The rice left a lot to be desired, Persian food must always be Basmati, not soft, mushy Chinese. It had absolutely no flavor or aroma and obviously no saffron. Portions are so-so. Teenage son was still hungry after dinner (normally unheard of after eating kabob) Also did not offer onion, greens, or feta prior to meal so make sure to order as an appetizer if you like that. The food takes forever to come out-only 6 tables and we clocked order to table delivery at 45 minutes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Shiraz Persian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Mixed experiencewacko123Dined on 6/14/2014This is a small (I am guessing family owned) restaurant with 10-12 tables in a strip mall. The service and attention were top-notch. The owner really went out of his way to make you feel welcome. He was warm and inviting and you can tell he appreciated us being there. My wife had seen an appetizer on their online menu, but when we arrived it wasn't on the menu in the restaurant. When we mentioned it, he brought it right out to the table. My wife and I both cook and when we asked him questions about our food, he quickly shared a few of his cooking tips. The downside was the entrees, both of our meals were overcooked and our meat was tough. The rice while fluffy, was kinda bland. Maybe they had an off night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Food was good but nothing too exciting, good change from the norm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not flavorfullovefoodVIPDined on 4/5/2014Went to Shiraz Persian Restaurant to celebrate a family birthday. Our table was well positioned, our server friendly but did not have knowledge about their wine list. Portion sizes were good but food lacked flavor.
- I loved the Persian food,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2014I loved the Persian food, and service was sensationalSpecial Features:
- Very enjoyable ExperiencefoodpassionDined on 2/28/2014Staff very knowledgeable and courtiious . Food very good, served Persian stayle The Restaurant Shiraz is frequented by Persian Families. The day I went There were several families even with children having a good time. I went for lunch with a friend who explained to me that on Fridays and Saturday the restaurant is very busy. Those are the days when Persian families go to Eat out together . My conclusion is: if the Persian frequent the stablisment is because the Food is true PersianSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a reservation for 7OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2013We had a reservation for 7 pm. However, we didn't get served until 8 pm. We were on a tight schedule, so didn't really enjoy our visit this time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our evening withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2013We enjoyed our evening with Shiraz. The food was good and the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceNancyVIPDined on 10/18/2013The food was very good. My husband and I ordered beef kabobs, with a Caesar Salad and a Greek Salad. The restaurant is small and cozy, with nice music and very friendly wait staff. Our waitress went out of her way to describe one of the Persian spices used, which I had not been familiar with. The only issue we noticed was that service was slow. It could be because a number of diners all arrived at the same time, taking more time to prepare the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a restaurant!GoodeatsDined on 9/14/2013Best Persian food yet! Drove over 25 miles on a friends recommendation. My family and I will return again and again! The service was excellent. The entire staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Not the most extensive menu but what they do prepare is exceptional. Persian food connoisseur or just willing to venture I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good & Nice place 4 Persian cuisinePrabuDined on 8/23/2013This is my first time in a Persian restaurant & the food was quite different and taste was excellent. The lamb and chicken kebabs were the highlight in our order. Any who like to try a different cuisine apart from the usual Mexican, italian , continental ... sometimes its good to taste the persian food.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013What a nice little restaurant stuck in a small shooping center. New and unusual food for me that was very good. We had mother's day brunch. Food could have been a little hotter (problematic with a ser ving buffet) eand service a little better, but I plan on going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price Exceeds Value and QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/13/2013The restaurant was not that busy when we dined there on a Saturday evening. Even though we were told that the restaurant was short a server, the food came out slow as well. The fair wasn't notable. In fact, I'm sure you're able to receive the same quality of food from a fast food Persian venue for half the price. Our server did her best to provide good service, but the cuisine was not spectacular enough for us to return.
- Persian FoodHappyJDined on 4/6/2013Not all the stuff on the menu was Persian, but sadly the non-Persian food was better tasting than the traditional. My wifes Chicken was very dry, maybe they shipped in the bird from the desert? My lamb was tender but the seasoning was not my taste which I like the Ethiopian lamb seasoning much better so personal preference there. The staff was very friendly and inside was a quiet atmosphere that you would not expect with a restaurant located in a small shopping center. Inspite of the food we really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- The food is Persian & is great.TazzVIPDined on 10/10/2012The food is Persian & is great. The wait staff is just way too slow. 15 min to be seated, 30 min to get water, another 15 to get soda, and overall more than an hour to get food to the table after my order. This needs to change!!! The saffron Shrimp was the best, but I had Gyros (great), shrimp shish kabob (OK), and a combination lamb & steak kabob that was awesome.Special Features:
- Cancel my reservation becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Cancel my reservation because we ordered lunch specials
- Food was great, but experiencePuttyPapaVIPDined on 7/14/2012Food was great, but experience wasn't. Chef couldn't read waiter's notes, so he prepared the wrong entree for my wife. OK, it happens. I ate my dinner and then we waited until her correct entree arrived. Waiter was non-apologetic and didn't even offer to comp her meal or even the slice of baklava we ordered for dessert. Missed opportunity to turn a mistake into a positive.