Shiraz Persian Cuisine
1120 Centre St N.E.
Calgary, AB T2E 2R2Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Shiraz Persian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://shirazpersiancuisine.ca/
- Phone: 4034524050
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm Closed Monday
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Vegetarian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Shiraz Persian Cuisine
Shiraz dishes are carefully prepared based on Persian recipes and made from the finest ingredients. Our menu is designed to appeal to meat-lovers and vegetarians alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Shiraz Persian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Shiraz Persian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Friendly service; food was just OKLooking2TryNEWDined on 8/2/2014The best part about this restaurant was the friendly service with waiters willing to give recommendation and fully believing in their food. Nevertheless, despite being busy the wait staff was still not as attentive as they could be. The ambiance is okay but the furnishing of the restaurant isn't the highest quality although it looks new and nice. (The booths were not particularly comfortable). As far as the food goes, it just wasn't fresh - it seemed to have been pre-cooked and reheated as opposed to coming out hot and fresh. Not a bad restaurant experience but not one I'm likely to repeat
- macerDined on 7/30/2014Great Food and the owner is very friendly and accommodatingSpecial Features:
- Humble and tastyClassyDinnerVIPDined on 7/19/2014We found this place on Open Table and wanted to give it a try as we hadn't tasted Persian food ever. The ambience was good and the waitress was very friendly. She had good knowledge of the menu items and could suggest good combinations. The food was tasty, though some if then were oily. Not sure how prompt the service would be during rush hours, as they have only one waitress. We were there during light hours and food came very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will visit againFoodieNazDined on 6/26/2014Great authentic Persian cuisine, I really enjoyed dining with my foodie buddy. We have planned to visit Shiraz again in 2 months. Got to try their pizzas next time. |We had a great conversation with the Owner, who served us and was also the chef, great guy with lots of passion for life as well as in his cooking. It is a must eat place in Calgary.Special Features:
- YesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014Shiraz gets 2 thumbs up. Thus is the second time here for us, the first being Valentine's Day. Thus time was an 8 person party and the staff (personable, knowledgeable, customer-oriented (imagine!) brings the group together by educating about the foid and history of (then) Persia. The overall experience made me feel like I was travelling. Unique, fun, good food, afforable -- even with a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We went on Father's Day and had a great lunch with even better stories from the chef. Food is interesting and tastes great. Amble portions and a great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Service & a good priceKm1910Dined on 5/30/2014Shiraz offered us a great food experience and very friendly service for a great price but was quite loud which was taking away from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...Foodie72Dined on 5/30/2014My wife and I went for dinner with high expectations, but were somewhat underwhelmed. We sat for about 10 minutes before being served. We then had the appitizer platter, which was good (our favourite item was the eggplant dish). For the main course we had the Shiraz Special, which although good, was just a plate of plain rice with a few yellow grains of rice sprinkled on top (which they called Saffron rice?). This was served with another shared plate of 3 types of grilled meats (chicken, tenderloin, and ground meat). Overall, we just found the flavour and presentation mediocre.Special Features:
- The following 24 reviews are from the Shiraz Persian Cuisine reviews archive.
- internationalconnoisseurDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed the service and the food for a Mother's Day celebration! Service was exceptional with a special touch of the Owner/Chef serving the main course with info on the ingredients and prep. Will recommend to anyone for a quite meal with good foodSpecial Features:
- Dinner ExcitementSherifDined on 5/11/2014We visited Shiraz for a Mother's day dinner and can't say enough good things about it. The atmosphere was great, the food was superb and everything about it was just nice. I would suggest anyone visit and try the food. I had the spicy chicken dish and it was amazing. The big variety appetizer is quite tasty as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Good service, good food. Would definitely go back and/or recommend to friends and family.Special Features:
- Great Persian FoodAsifDined on 4/6/2014Overall good food and service. It was not not excellent but good enough to go back! Try out especially the spiced chicken dish and the desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!funcalgalDined on 3/29/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Shiraz a few weeks ago with another couple. As this was our first time at Shiraz, the owner took the time to explain some of the main dishes - the ingredients as well as how they were made. We took their suggestion and ordered the eggplant appetizer, the Tour of Persia platter for 3 plus an order of the lamb. Everything was amazing and presented with pride. We already talked about going back and trying some of the other dishes. The eggplant appetizer and pomegranate stew were exceptional although as said we thoroughly enjoyed it all. Highly recommend Shiraz to anyone who appreciates great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodcyclistsDined on 3/12/2014It wasn't only superlative food, we learned a lot about the food.Special Features:
- Great evening!Gr82DineDined on 3/8/2014Shiraz was an excellent choice as a restaurant to meet our friends for dinner. None of us knew Persian food, the server was very helpful and we enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the company! Shiraz was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPennyDined on 3/7/2014The food and service at this restaurant are top notch. Had a great time in a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere. Highly recommend this restaurant. The owners are very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Average quality for the food.RocketbassDined on 2/27/2014Average quality for the food. I wasn't told that my coffee refill would be an additional $3.00. The waitress was very courteous, but unfortunately she was the only one on the floor for the busy lunch crowd. Took forever to get my bill.
- A good place to eatBoseDined on 2/22/2014The food was very good. The service provided by Mehdi was excellent. He recommended the best icecream.Special Features:
- great foodink16Dined on 2/21/2014The food was amazing and so was the service. The staff was friendly and gave up opinions on what to start with. Excellent foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good value for moneymacosDined on 2/16/2014Service needs to be improved. Some cleaning is also required, this place stinks dust. Food is not bad though, however it is still expensive. Can be visited once, just for fun.
- Another great time!WongerDined on 2/14/2014I haven't been to the restaurant in a while, but wanted to introduce my friend to a great place to eat and they didn't disappoint. Even though it was a busy Valentines Day, we were seated quickly and the food came fast. Tasty as usual with their casual and warm service. It was a pleasurable evening. Loved the saffron ice cream too. Highly recommend this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owner was very attentive,JerrykoDined on 2/14/2014The owner was very attentive, service was exceptional and the rack of lamb was exceptional.Special Features:
- WowChaserVIPDined on 1/31/2014Great food, you really do have to try it. I didn't know what to expect in Persian food but it was awesome. The service is spectacular; I have never been when it is really busy, only for lunch but I imagine dinner is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Lunch!NittoDined on 1/11/2014We were three person went for lunch to the restaurant. I am Persian and wanted to introduce Persian Cuisine to my friends. We ordered "Persian Tour", a mix of almost all good foods, and everyone loved it. The manager was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very well decorated and quiet. It is a bit pricey but I think it's worth. Will go there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cultural gembabaDined on 1/10/2014Hubbie & I had been here before and enjoyed it so much had to come again. Owner's daughter served us - personable and attentive but not hovering. Food as good as ever but not able to get the recipe for the great ice cream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite for great food!mosie58Dined on 1/9/2014We happened upon Shiraz a few months ago and had an amazing dining experience. We have been back multiple times since then because the food, service and friendliness are all outstanding. The food is authentic and delicious and everything we have tried has been fantastic. The eggplant dip to start is a must, as is the homemade icecream to finish. The lambshank pizza is superb, as is everythnig else we have tried, like the pomegranite stew! The owner and staff are very helpful in making suggestions for those of us not familiar with Persian food, and we have loved everything they have suggested. It is just a wonderful family atmosphere. I am going back again tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must try foodObadahDined on 1/3/2014The food, particularly grilled dishes are prepared with a personal touch. Every time I try something different & find it -really- different. Last time I tried grilled fish & next time I'm thinking about Sheraz's special pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCrescentNightsDined on 1/1/2014Couldn't be more pleasantly surprised with our dining experience at Shiraz! Decor is classy, restaurant is clean, prices are fairly reasonable (especially the appetizers), very impressed with the food and even more so with the service! The friendly owner and the very knowledgeable waitress did an excellent job of making us feel welcome and staying attentive. The rose water pistachio ice cream is absolutely to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner! The good wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Great dinner! The good was succulent. We had a great time. Perfect spot for groups. Loved the service , their recomandatoon and suggestions were very helpful . Overall for me it was a fantastic way to end the year Thanks ShirazSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaIlSogno01VIPDined on 12/11/2013The pizza is great at Shiraz. take your favorite dish and they can turn it into a pizza. The best in the City.Special Features:
- Something newSharonDined on 12/1/2013We have seen the restaurant often but had never stopped. So, we finally took the plunge. The food is awesome - different from anything we'd had before. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and the owner ( her Dad I think ) came out to chat. His advise about the food was very helpfull. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- We went as two families withObadahDined on 11/9/2013We went as two families with variant interests & tastes. We were all satisfied including children. What was remarkable is the warm personal touch of the Owner, a charming gentleman, who added a pleasant personal touch throughout our dining. Prices are very much reasonable. I strongly recommend it for those good tasters and also those who seek professional advice prior to ordering their dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.