Shinto Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar
17070 Pearl Rd
Strongsville, OH 44136Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Shinto Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shintoexperience.com/
- Phone: 4408783868x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm;
Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm;
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Shinto Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar
Shinto Strongsville offers only the highest quality seafood, steaks, and chicken. Our seafood from the sushi bar is sourced in several times a week from all over the world to offer you the freshest and most enjoyable dining experience possible at our locations. Our expert chefs create award winning originals in taste and presentation. Vegetables are handpicked throughout the week as our kitchen managers drive to direct homegrown sources for the freshest and best in quality. Shinto is the perfect place for an entertaining and adventurous experience. Stop by for our popular mojitos and sake bombs, start off your night with mouthwatering sushi, and enjoy the best in steaks and seafood, all prepared fresh in front of you with knife flaring fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Shinto Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Strongsville ›
Shinto Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (34)special occasion (27)kid-friendly (14)fit for foodies (10)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- ShintoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014The food and service was great as always. It is a fun to watch and the chefs are always funny and make dinner enjoyable. I love the place I have been going for years. It has changed a bit since I first started going they all the customers dressed nice. I'm not sure if it was a dress code but now people were wearing sweatshirt hoodies. The floors are really slippery I'm guessing since the grills are everywhere they can't really fix that. Be very careful if you wear heals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Sweetest DayKaraDined on 10/18/2014My favorite restaurant still!! Everytime I go I love it more. Big Daddy is the best cook hands down and provides a wonderful experience for all guest. THANK YOU for another wonderful dining adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group diningdinner4twoDined on 10/5/2014Servers and cook were great. Food was good, however chicken was a little dry. Recommend going in a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aesomeLtdanDined on 10/4/2014This is a fun place to eat it's a show and dinner wrapped up in one. The staff was great and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. I will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!BlessedDined on 9/13/2014The athmosphere was fun! We sat at the sushi bar and watched the chefs roll the sushi and just kept ordering.! It was a little loud in there however, it worked out just fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLittledeliciosDined on 9/13/2014My girls and I love the restaurant. We eat there about 3 times a year. Our favorite sushi is of course the little delicious. Never had a bad experience there. Every one is very friendly ThanksSpecial Features:
- "Always entertaining"GrandmaloveDined on 9/13/2014I take my 2 granddaughters for their birthday celebrations every year. Over time, they have gone from being shy and wide-eyed to participating in the interaction of the hibachi chefs. They love the flaming onion and catching the pieces of shrimp. It is a great time for me and for them. The food is always good, love the soup, the salad and the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New2StrongsvilleDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary dinner and enjoyed every minute of it. The service was splendid and the food was beyond compare. We enjoyed the staff and dinner conversations at the table. It was great and I would highly recommend them.Special Features:
- Always enjoyable.BevSkel3Dined on 8/31/2014We usually reserve this restaurant for special occasions and we always enjoy it. Especially fun if you have a larger group.Special Features:
- Great Food - WAY too LOUDThree333Dined on 8/29/2014Our family of 7 recently dined at Shinto Japanese Steakhouse in Strongsville. We were seated promptly, served beverages, soup and salad in a timely manner. Our tableside Chef was talented and did an excellent job of entertaining us while preparing a delicious meal. Unfortunately the noise level in the restaurant was unbearable....even my five kids, all in their 20's, said the shouting - yelling at several other tables was just rude. It was impossible to talk. Shinto....we love your food but probably won't return. For $250 plus, I would hope for a better atmosphere....something a little classier.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and entertainmentJKP3Dined on 8/25/2014If you want to have fun and hang out with friends while dining, this place will keep you alert and satisfy your appetite. You start out with appetizers or sushi if you wish, then the chef puts on an interactive show while preparing and serving your meal. The volume gets a little loud, so if you want to have an intimate conversation this is not the place. I was a little disappointed because we were celebrating a special occasion and only had 6 members in our group; they stuck 2 strangers at our table. This was awkward for both parties involved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KjbstrongsvilleDined on 8/24/2014I've been to Shintos many times and very disappointed this time. The restaurant was so unbelievably stifling hot. We told our waitress, but I don't think anything was done maybe the AC wasn't working. The waitress we had was kind of pushy too, I don't know if she was getting off her shift or what. Shortly after we were served or Hibachi meal, she was already asking us if we needed to go boxes, we all felt very rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysohiojamesDined on 8/23/2014Had a great time. Its important to hace a greay chef. The guy we had was ok but did a decent job. Food was excellent. Only down side is its a little pricey but its a great place for a date, anniversary, birthday, or special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so so...will try somewhere elserptsbDined on 8/2/2014Went for family birthday. We were seated promptly which was great. The server was nice...good attention, except didnt refill waters. Hibachi guy was a bit boring compared to other places we've been and didnt interact much with kids. He finished at least 10 min before the chef behind him and they came out at same time. Same amount of people at table. The other chef actually paid attention to our kids after our chef left. Shrimp was over cooked and tasteless. Scallops and mid grade steak were good Brought out birthday dessert which was nice but no candle. Also didnt bring out kids dessert or ask anyone else if they wanted dessert until we asked server. Overall ok experience, but will not go back.Special Features:
- Great Sushi and Normal Hibachitreym121Dined on 7/21/2014The sushi was probably the best sushi I've ever had in the Northeast Ohio area. The hibachi was much like every other one i've been to and of course the yum yum sauce was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFunNfriendsDined on 7/19/2014Food was wonderful. Waitress heard we were celebrating a birthday and brought special dessert as a surpriseSpecial Features:
- Shinto's serve's up good timeSeneca4shintosDined on 7/15/2014As soon as we walked in we were treated like family. Your hostess was kind and accommodating. Our server Jose and chef Big Daddy were wonderful! They both took very good care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun - Good entertainment with foodrluekensDined on 7/5/2014Going to a Japanese Steakhouse is always fun with a group. Shinto did not disappoint us and even perked up our finicky 12-year old grandson. The food was delicious but the service was a bit slow. We were seated immediately with our reservations even though it was a busy evening. Waiting for the chef to arrive at our hibachi was the hold up. We enjoyed the evening with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sushi!DriverateDined on 7/2/2014The specialty rolls we ordered and shared we're great. The Jimmy No. 30 and Snow Mountain rolls were exceptional. Good wine and beer offering too. The only reason for 4 stars overall is that this particular evening it was exceptionally loud in the restaurant. There were times it was hard to hold conversation at the table. Otherwise, service was great, the sushi was excellent and we had a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Hibachi restaurantEat2liveDined on 6/29/2014Always an enjoyable experience. From delicious sushi and sashimi to the fun Hibachi prep, we always have a great experience. Friendly bartenders, good selection of saki and spirits.Special Features:
- Amazing pre-concert dinner.nessa691Dined on 6/28/2014We stopped here on our way to Cleveland for a concert. The food and service was top notch. We even tried their award winning sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Shinto Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- great as alwaysohiojamesDined on 6/7/2014Weny for our 9 year anniversary. Everything was excelent and we have no complaints. As a plus the sushi is top of the line with a great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014This was my first visit to shinto which was highly recommended by many friends. We arrived early and waited at the bar for our friends. Unfortunately, they do not have draft beer so that was our only negative for my husband. Dinner was fantastic. I tried scallops for the first time and they melted in my mouth! Would have maybe like the option of a dessert menu but was not offered one so we ended up with dessert at home with friends. Looking forward to returning for another hibachi dining experience. Like the option of making an online reservation. Very convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicetehkensaiDined on 6/1/2014I've been to shinto all of twice in the last 10 years, but both times it has been an excellent time; the service, the cooking has always been outstanding; and the price point doesn't make your eyes bulge, which is surprising with how good the meals are!Special Features:
- AmazingMOmmaDined on 5/14/2014Great food!!Always I love that no matter when you go the food is fantastic,and the service was outstanding.This is one of our favorite places to eat out ,well worth the prices for what you receive.Special Features:
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We had another wonderful experience at Shinto. Everything is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food! Great service!ErinDined on 2/28/2014Awesome food! Great service! I will definitely be coming back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!MraduliciDined on 2/23/2014The hibachi and sushi here is by far our favorite in Cleveland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Valentines DinnnerKaraDined on 2/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant and each time I go I love it even more! We went here for a belated Valentines Day celebration and had one of the best experiences. "Big Daddys" preparation of our food was one of the best I have ever had after coming here for years. The food, as always, was delicious. I can not wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatBuckeyede06Dined on 2/15/2014I love coming here. It is a fun atmosphere with talented chefs. I love the showy chef acrobatics they do during meals. Food is good ht I still think thier sushi is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total PackageHIbachiSushiLoverDined on 2/15/2014Love the atmosphere, the cooks, waiters, etc. The food is excellent, from the grill to the sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valentines day outingRay1Dined on 2/14/2014Definitely need a reservation here. We were seated on time. Our service was good and so was the food. Our kids love the entertainment.Special Features:
- Great night!melanieDined on 2/14/2014We went with 2 other couples for Valentines day. It was great! Our only problem was the noise level. If it would have been just a little less loud it would have been perfect. It was great food, and a really fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mondaymondaymondayprofessionaldinerDined on 2/10/2014Most of the specialty rolls are awesome and the half price monday deal is amazing! Our server was very nice and competant but it takes FOREVER to get drinks from the bar. All in all though it was a great girls night out!Special Features:
- Not Japanese enoughKevinDined on 2/9/2014Seems more authenic with Geisha girls or at least waitresses and hostesses dressed up as Geisha girls or boys. Real Japanese chefs who can't speak English would be nice also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Obnoxious musicrmoreDined on 2/1/2014The food and service were wonderful but the constant pounding "club music" was deafening and obnoxious. I could not hear my teppanyaki chef nor talk to my wife and other table guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the best hibachi in towncoffeeAddictDined on 1/25/2014We were disappointed with Shinto, the quality of the food did not measure up to other area Hibachi restaurants. We had high hopes based on reviews, but were let down. The food quality was OK - but it lacked flavor. I added extra vegetables to my order, which consisted of mostly onions. The sushi options looked interesting, we might go back to try the sushi but skip the hibachi.Special Features:
- Shinto ExperienceSangregVIPDined on 1/18/2014. This restaurant is very busy with the parking lot always full. So what is it that might draw so many people to this restaurant? The food-everything we tried was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the lobster which was part of the filet/lobster dinner. The lobster was one of the best I have ever had. My husband's chateaubriand was also excellent. Watching the food being cooked at the hibachi table was great fun. On the downside, the waitress at our table was very poor. She forgot ordered drinks, took forever to deliver a bottle of wine, was clipped and rather rude in responding to guests. I got the impression the guests were all rather a pain. The gentleman who cooked in contrast was a pleasure to watch and talk to.Special Features:
- Teen birthdaytam7Dined on 1/17/2014Overall good experience. Kids had fun. We waited quite a long time at our table for service to begin. We were served drinks and soup/salad, but the chef didn't appear for another half hour. It was incredibly loud so conversation was difficult if not impossible. The food was good and service was entertaining once it started.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hibachi and sushi!CaseEmpDined on 1/14/2014We went here for our anniversary and had a great time. The food was outstanding, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.