756 West Webster
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.shinemorida.com/Shine/
- Phone: 7732960101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Chinese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Shine
This Lincoln Park spot offers traditional Chinese and Japanese cuisine including sushi options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shine reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Solid sushiMrH314Dined on 8/9/2014We had a nice dinner at Shine. Sushi was very tasty. We even tried sake for the first time and the waitress was patient with us and made a good suggestion. Recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such great food!JennyDined on 8/8/2014The food was absolutely delicious! What a fantastic spot for a date night! :)Special Features:
- The following 163 reviews are from the Shine reviews archive.
- BEST in Lincoln Park for SUSHIIndustryVetVIPDined on 4/1/2014Don't know why, but their sushi is the highest quality and the best prepared.Special Features:
- No-brainerBarbDined on 3/13/2014Shine offers a large menu for all diets. The portions are very generous in size and delicious. They offer half price on bottled wine Sun-Thurs. which is a great addition if you like wine with your meal! The service is friendly and accomodating. There is no reason NOT to put Shine on your go-to list of restaurants. And, by the way, Shine is reasonably priced. Go and Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2014I have been celebrating my Birthday there for close to 6 years now and I have enjoyed it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shine shinesmsellieDined on 1/20/2014Yummy and fresh, a bit pricey but worth it. The birthday banner for my child was a great touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't wait to come back!NaomiDined on 12/31/2013My boyfriend and I had both the shrimp and crab Rangoon appetizers, pad thai with perfectly cooked shrimp, and the spider roll. We were both too full for dessert at the end of our meal. The spider roll only has 6pcs but its 6 huge pcs and it was delicious. I'm a veggie so I really like that I found tons of options on the menu. We were planning our next visit before our meal was even finished. Service was quick and pleasant as was the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a findMichaelangeloDined on 11/23/2013I was looking for a restaurant near St Vincent de Paul to have dinner before attending a concert there, and Shine looked promising, and it certainly lived up to my expectations. I was totally pleased with my maki, and my friend enjoyed her kung pao, and we both enjoyed the order of potstickers we shared to start. The atmosphere is quite attractive and the service was thoughtful, friendly and attentive. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shine REALLY Shines!!randy1957Dined on 11/15/2013Excellent food and service. Great neighborhood spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageCoopDined on 9/16/2013An ok meal. The crab Rangoon appetizers were well reviewed by others but seemed to be entirely cream cheese and no crab. Good hot and sour soup.
- DelishGoodDined on 7/12/2013Was impressed with the sushi selection! Ordered one of the specials and although I can't remember the roll, I was amazed! Great service, great food and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Totally avoided the mother's day brunch scene, took my family to lunch here and was pleased at how quiet it was. Timely food, good service. I frequent this spot often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceTomKDined on 5/1/2013Took over 30 minutes for 3 rolls, and the place was not very busy.
- Shine is one of our go toOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/26/2013Shine is one of our go to sushi restaurants. The food is great and they always deliver a quality experience. Another perk is that they have brown rice for their rollsSpecial Features:
- Sticking with deliveryRobynDined on 4/13/2013I haven't been to Shine for a long time. I order delivery from Shine regularly and love the food. I think I'll stick with delivery. Our table wasn't ready until 15 minutes after our reservation time. That wouldn't have been a problem except they told us when we walked in that the table was just being cleared off and would only be a minute. Then the room was so loud we couldn't hear each other speak. We had to yell across the table. The server was nice, but didn't bring soy sauce for the sushi. Also not a problem if she'd come back to check, but I finally had to go and find her to get it.
- My neighborhood sushi go-to spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013I'm a long time Chicagoian and Lincoln Park resident and 7 yrs ago, Shine (at the old, Armitage location) was the restaurant I came to when I first tried sushi. It was the best experience and is still one of my favorite maki roll and sushi spots in Chicago! I always have my favorite go-to rolls, but it's nice to step away from the sushi and get a hot entree too. I really miss the old location. The Webster spot is closer to home, a plus, but it is smaller and darker than the Armitage spot. I really miss the 2 different decorated rooms and the airy, brightness of the old loco. Assuming real estate costs changed and the owners got a deal when moving into the old O' Fame restaurant. The outdoor seating is another plus, but on the pricy side.Special Features:
- Nothing special, but not badLPboyVIPDined on 4/10/2013Nothing special, but not bad either. I've had better asian food, but it wasn't as though it was bad. This was a "right down the middle" asian dining experience.
- Pot stickers and Yaki Niku a must!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2013Upscale combination of Chinese and Japanese restaurant with great menu. Try the pot stickers pan fried and the Yaki Niku entree!
- Every year for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2013Every year for my birthday I celebrate by having dinner at Shine. This has been a tradition of mine for several years now. I think about 4 or 5.Special Features:
- The food was very tasty andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2013The food was very tasty and the wait staff were very attentive. I brought a group of students with limited knowledge of Japanese food and they had a good time.Special Features:
- I went here on Valentine'sDonahueDined on 2/14/2013I went here on Valentine's Day with my fiance and enjoyed everything about this place. The rolls we ordered were fresh and the calamari was delicious. I also ordered a margarita with my meal and the bartender made sure that my glass was never empty! Great service here and amazing food.Special Features:
- Sushi was awesome!! Went hereMunchingMandyDined on 12/31/2012Sushi was awesome!! Went here for NYE, so it took about an hour to get our food, but the sushi was some of the best I've had in the city so far! Definitely want to come backSpecial Features:
- AWESOME sushi, stir-fry and Asian!LovesFoodVIPDined on 12/26/2012We love this place. Everything you order is great, and the service is always awesome. The sushi rolls are to die for - MUST TRY the Shine Maki. We love the Sea Bass and all their stir frys are delish - love the brown rice option.
- service was excellent. greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/2/2012service was excellent. great food, especially for the price!
- Fresh sushi, delicious dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2012Fresh sushi, delicious dishes and great service keep up coming back!Special Features:
- A solid choice for sushi.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012We enjoyed our visit to Shine. I have also visited its sister location (Rise) in Lakeview, and I found that both experiences were similarly pleasing... however, the service was notably more prompt at Rise (which may be subject to the individual server and the difference in the time of day when we dined at each.) Regardless, I really enjoyed the rolls I had at Shine. The fish was fresh and the ingredients were tasty. The appetizer platter we had was only mediocre; I would stick with the seaweed salad and the rolls. The atmosphere was clean and modern.Special Features:
- NiceQuietypeVIPDined on 6/23/2012Good sushi and apps. Not so good Kobe maki special with no actual Kobe! So, why leave the name if you no longer use that type of beef? Disappointing!Special Features:
- Excellent SushiNoNicknameDined on 6/15/2012We love Shine. It's one of our favorite places for sushi. The seseame tuna and sea bass appetizers are outstanding and a must have. The rolls are great too. We've always had excellent service and food here. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Although the discriptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/22/2012Although the discriptions of the maki sounded interesting, they were nothing special. Some were to have jalepeno and they have more of a red pepper kick. Some were to have cilantro, but there was not enough to tast it. The fish in many of the rolls was more of a tartar which gave them a mushy consistency. I was not impressed. The help was friendly but the wait between edamame and the maki being served was unnecessarily delayed.
- Sushi and dishes are madeOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/9/2012Sushi and dishes are made to order and the menu at Shine is rather extensive. The service is outstanding. Our server was attentive without hovering over us and made some recommendations for appetizers that were delicious.Special Features:
- Saturday was the first timesandydandyDined on 3/31/2012Saturday was the first time I've been to shine! The food was awesome and service was amazing! Our waitress recommended the popcorn shrimp for an appetizer and it was delicious!! The sushi was also great! I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- It was just okay. The foodTigluvVIPDined on 3/23/2012It was just okay. The food was not that good. I have been to many other sushi places that have been much better including Coast, Sushi Wabi, and Yuzu just to name a few. Sushi was boring and bland. Service was good tho even for a busy Friday night. The experience overall was good but the food left a lot to be desired. I would not go back considering how many other better sushi places there are in the city. Tho they have the best lemon drop martini!! I would go back just for a drink...Special Features:
- Ordered sushi, I have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2012Ordered sushi, I have had better from a grocery store. They should call there maki rice rolls.
- Good sushi and very good serviceCasDinerVIPDined on 3/21/2012Good sushi and very good service in a large but pleasant setting. The Chinese/ Thai dishes are not as good as the sushi, but decent enough.
- Absolutely AMAZING! Our new go-to!LovesFoodVIPDined on 2/28/2012We came here with friends who have lived in the city forever, saying it's their favorite asian cuisine and sushi in the city. OMG--this place has the most amazing EVERYTHING. We ordered the bass appetizer, tuna tartar app, lettuce wraps, mongolian beef, some delicious chicken dish with veggies, tons of sushi rolls. We were STUFFED and the food was INCREDIBLE. Seriously--each dish was better than the next. Try ANYTHING, because everything we tried was spectacular. Nothing fell short. AND--BYOWine on M-W and you can get 20% off your meal if you bring in your past receipt from the time before. AMAZING SERVICE. SPECTACULAR food. Just wonderful! Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great spot for groups. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/11/2012Great spot for groups. Friendly knowledgeable staff and delicious food!Special Features:
- Food is always excellent,SyrorangeVIPDined on 12/6/2011Food is always excellent, Service great. Been 3 times in the past two weeks. So delicious for both Thai and Sushi!Special Features:
- really good asianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2011Good selection of chinese and sushi. food is excellent. A little pricey for chinese, but worth it.Special Features:
- I went and had the crab rangoon,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2011I went and had the crab rangoon, lettuce wraps, tuna tartare and seaweed salad. everything was impressive besides the wraps. I cant complain however. I also had the Shine Martini. Very good !!Special Features:
- Great place for sushiLilypadDined on 11/12/2011I love both Shine and the sister restaurant, Shine. Excellent sushi, good wine options, and I like their frequent diner point system.Special Features: