2300 8th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shillarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2066239996x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm
Happy Hour: Sunday - Friday: 3 to 6pm Cash ONLY!!
Sat no Happy Hour!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Korean, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chef Tony
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Karaoke reservation only located in Bar and a private room.
A word from Shilla Restaurant
Shilla Restaurant fully embraces Korean and Japanese culinary heritage, with a nod toward Seattle’s own tradition of Asian fusion fare. Since 1985, Shilla has expertly prepared the best-loved Korean and Japanese dishes while incorporating the distinctive fish and produce of the Pacific Northwest. With exciting food, a delightful atmosphere, and a convenient downtown location, Shilla Restaurant is truly the city’s premier destination for East Asian cuisine.Continued
For reservations of 15 or more, please call the restaurant. Reservations are not compatible with any deals or offers.
For reservations of 15 or more, please call the restaurant. Reservations are not compatible with any deals or offers.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shilla Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- ServicetabearukiDined on 10/16/2014The waitress attended us was great in helping us choose food and drinks of our liking. Food was ok.Special Features:
- Great meal - definitely returningDerekBDined on 10/14/2014I brought some guests visiting from Korea and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was great, the service was great, and my visitors really enjoyed the opportunity to speak Korean to the staff and made them feel at home. It felt like a very special dinner, especially cooking our own food at the table, and yet at the end of the evening, our entire bill for the four of us was about the same as what I would pay for one person at a "named" restaurant. We will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Authentic Korean DiningSeattleSueDined on 7/31/2014We had a combination of three meats to grill at the table (beef bulgogi, pork kalbi, and spicy pork bulgogi), after an appetizer of calamari. Grilling at the table isn't for everyone. I would normally have them grill mine and serve it, although grilling at the table is very common in Korean dining and quite fun. At a restaurant, I like to have someone else prepare the food! But, in this case, we were with two Korean guests, and they were happy and adept at grilling. So everything was perfect. The side dishes were very good, and I would recommend that you try everything (if you don't know Korean food) and ask for more of anything you use up.Special Features:
- Pretious ExperienceVIVAKOREADined on 7/8/2014Again, we have enjoyed Korean food of the highest quality with premium service to let us think about, when do we go again. The strength of Korean food, best meat with highest quality condiments and spices showed us again, why we like to eat at the SHILLA. Also the selection of wines and Shoshu was again superb. Thank you all at the SHILLa very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceSeattleboundDined on 7/5/2014I'm sure the food is delicious, but we never got a chance to check it out, even with a reservation. There was no host at the front, no ongoing list, no order. The staff looked frazzled. A group with the same number of people as our party but that arrived 15 minutes after us got seated before us, which was frustrating - especially since they had no reservation.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Shilla Restaurant reviews archive.
- Koreans Love This PlaceBryanDined on 6/21/2014Shilla was packed with Korean families the night I dined, but the place seemed worn, unclean and too expensive for me.Special Features:
- Shilla needs to kick it up a notch!FatnSlowDined on 6/21/2014It's an older Korean restaurant in the now upscale SLU area. Unfortunately despite it's ethnic(interesting) cuisine, it hasn't been able to take advantage of the burgeoning neighbourhood. It has everything; the cuisine, the location, the space.. it really needs to spruce up it's food, whittle down the menu and focus on a few things, up its ambience which leaves plenty to be desired and perhaps sell better. Right now it just looks like a place waiting for its lease to run out knowing that they will not be able to afford the new rent. Which may be the case, but I'm sure they can put in some cash and try till then. Having said that, we had Korean BBQ which was good. The ambience is a little dull and depressing - seriously need to fix that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaynaDined on 5/23/2014Korean BBQ is a dining experience. The service and ambiance were just average but it was a fun evening out and the food was tasty. I would go here again. I especially liked that the restaurant offered a groupon.Special Features:
- Well wornDSMseattleVIPDined on 5/2/2014Definitely in need of a makeover... menu and the dining room.
- excellentPwnyDined on 4/12/2014I have always wanted to try Korean BBQ and as this was my first time, I had no idea what to do. The staff was super friendly and helpful and showed us how to cook and wrap the food at our table. On top of that it was absolutely delicious! I highly recommend the food and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best meals I've had!DellaDined on 3/8/2014I've driven by this place for years and finally went using an AmazonLocal coupon. I would definitely go back. I love the little side Korean dishes that you get with your meal. I was in Seoul a year ago and the side dishes were comparable in authenticity to what I had in a restaurant there. We had the vegetable tempura as an appetizer. The breading was perfect and the dish not at all greasy. I had the salmon & tofu special dish as an entree and it was fantastic. My husband had the seafood stew which he thought was kind of unremarkable especially compared to my entree. The server seemed a little new or unskilled at checking on the progress of our meal, need for more wine, etc. But that wasn't really a detraction from the meal itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndifferencewireoutDined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation for the evening. Did not know one had to make a special reservation (via phone) for the tables with the grill on the table option. Perhaps OpenTable could specify that on their website.. The restaurant accommodated us, which was great, but overall the experience was pretty flat. The food tasted fine, the sides were interesting, but the service was barely there, and the main course came out well before the appetizer. Seemed kind of odd. Overall the service was tolerable, but otherwise as a dining experience, I wouldn't repeat it.
- Great Korean BBQMrBGVIPDined on 2/14/2014If you are in the mood for a low-key dining experience with emphasis on Korean BBQ and some japanese rolls, this is a nice spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timedjediDined on 1/29/2014The service was pretty good but the waitress had a difficult time understanding my request for a "CRUNCHY ROLL". I had to show it to her on the menu. We were a group of 4 and I think everyone had a similar experience. The portions were good. The choices were ample. My only real two complaints are that the CRUNCHY ROLL wasn't crunchy in the slightest. The product didn't match the menu description. My second complaint is the BULGOGI which should be the staple of any Korean cuisine restaurant was flavorless and dry. The worst bulgogi I have ever tasted in about 25 years of regularly sampling Korean cooking. Other than those two things, we had a nice dinner.
- Not greatdaniDined on 1/24/2014I love Korean bbq but the service was awful. We sat and waited for the server for 10 mins before he came over and rudely asked what do you want?" The pork was good but the shrimp was not devised or fresh. Too expensive for what you get. Will not return.Special Features:
- Nice, comfort foodSeattleSPDined on 1/21/2014I was really craving some Bibambap and this totally hit the spot. It was a nice bonus to be able to order sushi too while we were there. Next time, I want to try the BBQ and really appreciate that they have the BBQ in table option (and well ventilated at that - not all Korean BBQ places have good ventilation). I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions Meat was ok,BlueDined on 1/11/2014Small portions Meat was ok, expected better Service was sub par. Did not have enough room for party of 8 to have BBQ. Overall, it's falls short in every aspect compared to other Korean BBQ restaurants I have been to.
- Great spot. Great price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013Definitely worth a try. I've been going now for a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!klhmc729Dined on 11/9/2013The entrees were awesome. Rib eye was tender, beef tongue had a great flavor, and all the sides were fantastic. We had a great time. Anyone looking for a good food adventure would do well to come to Shilla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love itfunfunVIPDined on 11/1/2013Always love Shilla, great food, great service, free parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2013The sushi wasn't good. Not sure if it was low quality or just old. My cat wouldn't eat the salmon from the sushi roll so it wasn't just me. My husband also wasn't satisfied with the sushi. The Miso soup was very good.
- Yum YumSeptbaby25Dined on 9/27/2013We love sushi and this place didn't dissapoint. Next time we will grill our own food right at the table. Very sweet staff and in a great location in beautiful downtown Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShillaJustAnotherFoodieDined on 7/17/2013I ordered the marinated short ribs and chicken. Disappointing: Not grilled. Tasted boiled with no taste. Side dishes were mediocre. All in all, will not be back. Sorry I really wanted to like this place.Special Features:
- What a find!MimicDined on 6/21/2013My husband was running the marathon on Saturday and didn't want a big, spicy dinner the night before. I was craving spicy Asian. Shilla was the perfect find for us: he had a sushi dinner and I got to enjoy spicy Korean food. All within walking distance of our hotel. We'd definitely dine at Shilla on our next stay in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated and it tookOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013We were seated and it took a long time for anyone to come by and take our orders. Food was pretty mediocre; I had the bibimbap and I've had better elsewhere. My boyfriend asked for a spoon for his miso soup, and the waitress laughed at him and insisted that miso is to be slurped. Regardless of how you think it should be eaten, if we ask for a spoon, you should get the damn spoon. She didn't come by again after we got our food, only to toss the bill on our table while running by. We came here because we purchased a living social deal, but we won't be coming back.