Shibuya - MGM Grand
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Shibuya - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/shibuya-japanese-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: (702) 891-3001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Heather Zheng
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Shibuya - MGM Grand
Shibuya is the ultimate destination for Japanese cuisine. Shibuya features freshly prepared ingredients, stellar sushi & the widest sake selection this side of the Pacific. Experience the sleek urban elegance of Shibuya & transport yourself to the Far-from-ordinary East.Continued
Please note: Shibuya does not take online reservations for the Tepanyaki tables.
Please note: Shibuya does not take online reservations for the Tepanyaki tables.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Shibuya - MGM Grand - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
Shibuya - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)special occasion (49)good for groups (40)romantic (37)hot spot (19)notable wine list (11)late-night find (11)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fantastic mealSophieDined on 11/24/2014This is our second time dining here and the food was fabulous. The best sashimi was the blue fin tuna belly! All the maki rolls were simple yet very flavourful. The organic tofu and seaweed tasting was again very good. The wagyu beef short rib with foie gras was by far the favorite dish of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShastaVIPDined on 11/22/2014Very nice sushi spot. My wife does not eat sushi and the menu is limited for her.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotDrewDined on 11/11/2014Been here a few times and this place always delivers. As a regular traveler to Las Vegas, (8 times last year) I have eaten at most of the top restaurants in Vegas. While I don't eat here each visit, I should because it's always the best dinner of each trip every time I do. Sure it's expensive and portions can be a little small but that's not uncommon for Las Vegas, food and service are always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorableCincyChrisDined on 11/7/2014Probably the least favorite of all my upscale dining experiences in LV
- Shibuya for youCpegDined on 11/6/2014Wonderful dinner. Our waiter was great at explaining the menu and providing suggestions. The food was fantastic as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No cream cheese rolls!mogo23Dined on 11/5/2014Nice sushi find in Las Vegas. Great décor - big restaurant made to feel more intimate with nice lighting. Wonderful service - maybe we just were fortunate to have two of the most informative and friendly they have but I have a hunch it is the people they hire. We had mostly rolls but did try the chicken dish which was tender and had a lot of flavor without being overdone. It was a great meal in a city that doesn't suffer mediocre when it comes to food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceAmmalgamDined on 10/24/2014It was my birthday and we headed here for my birthday dinner. It was an awesome experience. We let the waiter pick our Sake and the chef pick our meal and it was awesome. We had a great Sushi flight (selection of multiple Sakes) and a very cool assortment of different types of Sushi. The surprise Japanese ice cream desert (for my birthday) was awesome as well. Great ambience, very experienced wait staff and just a fun experience. One of my best birthdays ever.Special Features:
- mcsingh2922VIPDined on 10/24/2014The food here is expensive compared to other Japanese restaurants that I've been to in Vegas. A friend of mine asked for a half order or Gyozu and received three small pieces for $18. There are definitely other places with similar or better food at a marginal cost of this place.
- AnonVIPDined on 10/23/2014Sushi was just okay. Was hoping for better given the prices.
- Dinner at SiybuyaPepe11Dined on 10/19/2014Food was great; service outstanding; great place to eat after a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's favoritewinoDined on 10/18/2014My hubby is a sushi addict and Shibuya is his go-to place in Vegas. Even I who does not eat sushi finds delicious cooked food. Love the ambiance which made celebrating our 40th anniversary even more special.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereLilypadDined on 10/17/2014We had a great dinner here before seeing a concert at MGM. Loved the tuna tartare. Hugh quality sushi, comfortable atmosphere, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014When eating raw fish you might want to consider Shibuya for their superior standards. Have dined there several times in the past 5 years and they are consistent with the quality of food, ambiance and service. Best Saki ever! We love the staff and our guests are still talking about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushigeokeckDined on 10/11/2014I eat at Shibuya every time I'm in Las Vegas. This is a must!!! The sushi melts in your mouth!! And the Sushi Masters know their craft to a tee. I recommend sitting at the sushi bar a enjoy watching the artists at work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014Excellent service and food quality was excellent!! Plan on going back next time I am in Vegas.Special Features:
- simple, food amazingshibuyaXlentDined on 10/9/2014Our dinner was awesome but made really pleasant with our waiter who was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTfoodie4lifeDined on 10/4/2014With all of the specialty sushi places on the strip I was hesitant to try this place. I was more than pleasantly surprised. The service was excellent and the food better than most sushi I have ever eaten--the shibuya roll was amazing. Also, their dessert menu was phenomenal too. They had Earl Grey cheesecake, delicious. Now I want to go back and eat at their hibachi grill. Shibuya is a must eat place for foodies.Special Features:
- Outstanding Japense! *****Foody57Dined on 10/2/2014Seafood is outstanding/fresh/impeccably prepared, chef's special tasting menu is extraordinary. Outstanding selection of saki's! Highly recommended. A five diamond restaurant.Special Features:
- ShibuyaomireaultDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I had Shibuya for my birthday, before we went to see Ka. The waiter was very attentive and his sake suggestion was spot on. We found a really interesting bottle that could stand up the the food we wanted, finished off with a Plumb Wine with desert. We had the Wagyu and Foie Gras dumplings to start, with the mushroom tempura. The dumplings were worth every penny, but if you don't like Foie Gras, may be expensive. The Mushroom tempura was tasty and light, perfect to start the meal. The sashimi was generous and expertly cut, the fish super fresh. The rolls we followed with were great and had very subtle flavors. Most sushi places don't let the fish star in their "fusion" rolls. This one did. Recommended for trad. sushi lovers.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerJfborgDined on 9/28/2014Outstanding food and service. It is a little bit pricey but then again it's a great restaurant so what do you expect!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, overpricedNomsDined on 9/28/2014We received excellent service at Shibuya, perhaps the best I've experienced. That said, the food was good but not great and definitely grossly overpriced for what it was...perhaps to be expected in Las Vegas, though. We're unlikely to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome !!!WoopidoopiDined on 9/27/2014Nothing to add : everything is in the tittle !! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!KckbxrSSMDined on 9/26/2014I must say that when we first made the reservations, I was a bit ambivalent about a top Japanese restaurant. I mean, how great can it really be, it's Japanese food. I was blown away by the food, the sake, and overall experience. We love to dine & experience great food where ever we go. We really enjoyed this restaurant & would highly recommend it to anyone!Special Features:
- Las VegasMagicDined on 9/25/2014Overall the food had some hidden gems & surprising, some items had unusual taste which was great. But if you going to charge so much then you are going to do liver on all accounts. I did not feel our waited Know the menus that well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and fastDiannaDined on 9/18/2014We were in a hurry to go to a show and our service was excellent and food was speedy and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Japanese DiningCincyBobDined on 9/15/2014The quality of the sashimi is impeccable, and the sake list is also first rate. The prices are quite steep, but you will not be disappointed with the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, outstanding!ALANVIPDined on 9/12/2014If a trip to Japan is inconvenient, hop over to Las Vegas and Shibuya. In many ways, this MGM legacy Japanese restaurant surpasses any native Japanese counterparts. If there were a signature dish (and you enjoy beef and foie gras), we strongly recommend the healthy portion of wagu short ribs (boneless, of course) topped with lovingly seared foie gras. Enjoy! For many, service sometimes counts as much as the stunning quality of the food. Shibuya excels on both counts.Special Features:
- These Sushi Chefs are in top formDinoVDined on 9/7/2014Watching these masters on their dais is a warmup to a great Japanese meal. The food was superbly presented and delicious. What would give this a five star rating, in my wife's mind, is to return a good udon soup/dish to the menu, where it once resided. For me, the hamachi nigiri sushi (aburi/seared-style) should be quickly grilled on a hibachi vice the often-used flame spray----but to be clear---this was a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiloversSushiloversDined on 9/2/2014As our review name implies, we love sushi & Shibuya is one of the very best we have found. We make sure we visit every time we are in Las Vegas. The Shibuya Roll is our favorite. We order 3 or 4 rolls to share between 2 of us & that seems to be just the right amount for dinner. Service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMeatsweatsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Honestly amazing! The service, food, and decor. The food was well presented and the server was informed and knew his stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtSojiroDined on 8/15/2014We went in excepting great food with good service, that was not the case. The Staff was not nice at all and bad. The waiter took 15 min to come to our table. He didn't not recommend anything and was not even giving us attention. The other waiter just dropped the food on the table roudly and walked away without saying what foos was it. Also, we ordered tea and he slammed the tea on the table and started pouring tea. Not worth the hype nor your money. There is better places in Vegas. Food was okey but the service just killed the dinner experice for us.
- kiwicoupleDined on 8/14/2014We had been recommended to come here and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu and great foods808Dined on 8/12/2014The dinner menu is excellent and food simply great, especially if you love Japanese cuisine. You can't beat the restaurant's service. I will definitely dine there again during my next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish dinner !!pammyjojoDined on 8/8/2014Dinner at Shibuya was yummy and delicious! Cannot save enough great things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WexpredLovecharlestonDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful food and gorgeous atmosphere. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantMacAlfieDined on 7/31/2014Went for an early dinner before watching Ka... Reataurant opens at 5:30 and we were promptly seated. Staff was efficient and very helpful. Food was amazing. Very good sake selection as well. It was, all in, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 360 reviews are from the Shibuya - MGM Grand reviews archive.
- Not that greatggonz1515Dined on 7/25/2014The restaurant is very nice. The decor is great but the food was ok. Not what I expected and not worth the price. On the plus side, great sake selection.
- ShibuyaCasinoGuyDined on 7/23/2014The decor is something you would expect in a Casino Restaurant. Although the menu items are limited in selection, the food is exceptional! I can appreciate a smaller style menu with items that taste and are prepared excellently. Very impressive presentation and the service is excellent. I can only guess because it was in the middle of the week, the kitchen closed early and we were unable to keep ordering more selections of the sushi. Moderately priced for excellent quality of food.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014They're known for hibachi and that's why we made the reservation. We were seated near three hibachi tables (all empty) and asked to be moved w/no success. We ordered off the regular menu two entrees and were literally done w/dinner and on our way in 20 minutes--do they make their meals "for ants". Would maybe go back if they allowed us to do the hibachi thing like they advertiseSpecial Features:
- 2nd Go aroundSashaDined on 7/14/2014I ate here in 2013 in July with my venders from Korea... food was good service stunk Amazingly enough they wanted to try Shibuya again for dinner in July 2014 and guess what we got the same exact server and the same lousy service we ended up giving our dinner order to passing by server as ours was never around to assist us. Not worth the money what a shameSpecial Features: