Shibuya - MGM Grand
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
3799 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Shibuya - MGM Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mgmgrand.com/restaurants/shibuya-japanese-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 7028913001x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm-10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:30pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Executive Chef: Heather Zheng
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from Shibuya - MGM Grand
Shibuya is the ultimate destination for Japanese cuisine. Shibuya features freshly prepared ingredients, stellar sushi & the widest sake selection this side of the Pacific. Experience the sleek urban elegance of Shibuya & transport yourself to the Far-from-ordinary East.Continued
Please note: Shibuya does not take online reservations for the Tepanyaki tables.
Please note: Shibuya does not take online reservations for the Tepanyaki tables.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Shibuya - MGM Grand - Best Restaurants in MGM Grand Hotel & Casino ›
Shibuya - MGM Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (51)romantic (37)good for groups (30)notable wine list (16)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Excellent Japanese DiningCincyBobDined on 9/15/2014The quality of the sashimi is impeccable, and the sake list is also first rate. The prices are quite steep, but you will not be disappointed with the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, outstanding!ALANVIPDined on 9/12/2014If a trip to Japan is inconvenient, hop over to Las Vegas and Shibuya. In many ways, this MGM legacy Japanese restaurant surpasses any native Japanese counterparts. If there were a signature dish (and you enjoy beef and foie gras), we strongly recommend the healthy portion of wagu short ribs (boneless, of course) topped with lovingly seared foie gras. Enjoy! For many, service sometimes counts as much as the stunning quality of the food. Shibuya excels on both counts.Special Features:
- These Sushi Chefs are in top formDinoVDined on 9/7/2014Watching these masters on their dais is a warmup to a great Japanese meal. The food was superbly presented and delicious. What would give this a five star rating, in my wife's mind, is to return a good udon soup/dish to the menu, where it once resided. For me, the hamachi nigiri sushi (aburi/seared-style) should be quickly grilled on a hibachi vice the often-used flame spray----but to be clear---this was a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SushiloversSushiloversDined on 9/2/2014As our review name implies, we love sushi & Shibuya is one of the very best we have found. We make sure we visit every time we are in Las Vegas. The Shibuya Roll is our favorite. We order 3 or 4 rolls to share between 2 of us & that seems to be just the right amount for dinner. Service is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMeatsweatsDined on 8/23/2014Honestly amazing! The service, food, and decor. The food was well presented and the server was informed and knew his stuff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I thoughtSojiroDined on 8/15/2014We went in excepting great food with good service, that was not the case. The Staff was not nice at all and bad. The waiter took 15 min to come to our table. He didn't not recommend anything and was not even giving us attention. The other waiter just dropped the food on the table roudly and walked away without saying what foos was it. Also, we ordered tea and he slammed the tea on the table and started pouring tea. Not worth the hype nor your money. There is better places in Vegas. Food was okey but the service just killed the dinner experice for us.
- kiwicoupleDined on 8/14/2014We had been recommended to come here and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menu and great foods808Dined on 8/12/2014The dinner menu is excellent and food simply great, especially if you love Japanese cuisine. You can't beat the restaurant's service. I will definitely dine there again during my next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish dinner !!pammyjojoDined on 8/8/2014Dinner at Shibuya was yummy and delicious! Cannot save enough great things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WexpredLovecharlestonDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful food and gorgeous atmosphere. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantMacAlfieDined on 7/31/2014Went for an early dinner before watching Ka... Reataurant opens at 5:30 and we were promptly seated. Staff was efficient and very helpful. Food was amazing. Very good sake selection as well. It was, all in, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatggonz1515Dined on 7/25/2014The restaurant is very nice. The decor is great but the food was ok. Not what I expected and not worth the price. On the plus side, great sake selection.
- ShibuyaCasinoGuyDined on 7/23/2014The decor is something you would expect in a Casino Restaurant. Although the menu items are limited in selection, the food is exceptional! I can appreciate a smaller style menu with items that taste and are prepared excellently. Very impressive presentation and the service is excellent. I can only guess because it was in the middle of the week, the kitchen closed early and we were unable to keep ordering more selections of the sushi. Moderately priced for excellent quality of food.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014They're known for hibachi and that's why we made the reservation. We were seated near three hibachi tables (all empty) and asked to be moved w/no success. We ordered off the regular menu two entrees and were literally done w/dinner and on our way in 20 minutes--do they make their meals "for ants". Would maybe go back if they allowed us to do the hibachi thing like they advertiseSpecial Features:
- 2nd Go aroundSashaDined on 7/14/2014I ate here in 2013 in July with my venders from Korea... food was good service stunk Amazingly enough they wanted to try Shibuya again for dinner in July 2014 and guess what we got the same exact server and the same lousy service we ended up giving our dinner order to passing by server as ours was never around to assist us. Not worth the money what a shameSpecial Features:
- Cindy & LarryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2014There were 4 of us for dinner. We were seated right away even though our party was not complete. Server was knowledgable regarding menu. The hamachi and ahi sashimi were so delicious and fresh. The yellowtail collar was yummy as well. We also enjoyed the grilled beef tenderloin, tempura shrimp and stir fried vegetables. Our son selected 2 very good sakes to complement our meal. Everything was wonderful. All of us would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Best Sushi EverWishfulFoodieDined on 6/30/2014Must try 7 course sampler!!! Worth every dollar!!! Service was fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food experiencerockchalkpaDined on 6/28/2014Shibuya was a wonderful food experience for a group of foodies who visited several other notable Vegas restaurants on our trip. We went with a chef's tasting group menu and our server was outstanding in guiding us through things. We gave a price point and they provided the table with selections, cooked and raw, that were all fantastic. The Hamachi Sashimi was an outstanding bite of food, and the wagyu tenderloin was wonderful, too. A very nice selection of sake in all price ranges as well.Special Features:
- Excellent "Warm" and "cold" dishesIrk23VIPDined on 6/28/2014Had an absolutely wonderful experience with a special tasting menu featuring the warm and cold dishes. Highly recommend the waygu beef and foie gras gyoza, the black cod miso, hamachi jalapeno, the tuna crispy rice, and the pork tataki. Ask for the server for sake recommendations. Outstanding, attentive service.Special Features:
- Awesome AppetizersSappsDined on 6/27/2014Had reservations and had no issues being seated. The food was fantastic, especially the appetizers. Wasn't extremely full after meal but had just enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnernewchidinerDined on 6/25/2014I've never really liked sushi but my boyfriend loves it so we thought we'd check out Shibuya. The fish was so fresh and the miso soup was lovely. Lots of yummy vegetarian sushi as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualDiningGuyDined on 6/22/2014Excellent service, laid back, stylish atmosphere and quality food. Matt our waiter knew exactly how to manage our experience and we followed his recommendations. The standout of the meal was the fatty tuna belly sushi. The Cod was also outstanding. One suggestion - As beautiful as the decor is I think it is more enjoyable to sit in the front of the room, near the sushi bar or against the window - More lively atmosphere and 'action' than sitting in the rear of the room, which can be a little quiet.Special Features:
- Great food and sakesailordiveDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant specializes in cold and hot plates. If you are looking for sushi or tepanyaki, it is very good but very expensive compared to your home town location. The sake list is extensive. Tell the server what kind of wine you like and they will help you find the right sake. The tasting menu is a great way to find your favorite items. I have tried most of the cold plate and hot plates over the years and all are excellent.Special Features:
- DeliciousIndyfoodieDined on 6/20/2014The variety of food was terrific. The sushi was excellent. And the wait staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureSteeeveVIPDined on 6/18/2014This is my fourth or fifth time here and it is always good. I tend to have them prepare a selection of "chef's choices" for my party, as I am afraid I may overlook items I would not select based on their descriptions. This has worked out really great. We had an interesting variety of foods and we loved every single one of them. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good experienceagninhaDined on 6/12/2014The waiter was very kind, the food is delicious! Certainly we will be back next trip to Vegas !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth ItAshleyKDined on 6/11/2014My husband and I went here last night and were quite disappointed. The sushi was sub par. The waiter wasn't great either. I would pick another place for sushi.
- Sushi & SakeBrLoJaDined on 6/8/2014We had the oysters appetizers, sushi, and sake. It was wonderful! Our waiter was very good and provided us some great suggestions for the sushi and a sake when we asked. The oysters appetizer was amazing, and I highly recommend it. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place in VegasfoodfanaticsDined on 5/31/2014Shibuya Rocks! Food is outstanding. Extensive sake list from moderate to OMG. This is our go to place in Vegas. In fact will make a weekend trip just to go to Shibuya. The WAGYU SHORT RIB WITH FOIE GRAS is a MUST. The ribs are chopstick tender & can be "cut" with just chopsticks. And the foie gras is perfect everytime. Also on special last weekend was "Foie Gras Sushi", seared foie gras on a bed of crispy rice. Did that one twice. Also had Toro belly, & WAGYU AND FOIE GRAS GYOZA, both outstanding. Sushi bar & teppanyaki tables available, but we have always sat at the regular tables. As for "scenic view" the view of the promenade...well let's just say it's Vegas. Overall, can not recommend Shibuya enough!Special Features:
- Blown AwayDocdaDined on 5/24/2014Wife and I shared the chef's tasting menu plus a couple other dishes recommended by our waiter. Top five dining experience ever! Food and presentation were mind blowing. $140 for the chef tasting may scare some away, glad we tried it. So amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantFamilynurseVIPDined on 5/23/2014This is one of my most favorite restaurants. it is pricey but a real treat! its worth every penny.Special Features:
- The following 339 reviews are from the Shibuya - MGM Grand reviews archive.
- Excellent dinner.dozingrose1984Dined on 5/12/2014My boyfriend took me here for my birthday. It was no more expensive than any other sushi place I've been to. Plenty of food, including sashimi I know I haven't eaten before (I always forget what fish is which by the time I've gotten to it on the plate, LOL). We split the sashimi plate and the sushi plate. One outstanding item was the sake sampler. They really know their stuff! Although it's located on the main casino drag, the decor (painted wooden pieces from floor to ceiling) makes you feel like it's a separate restaurant. I have no complaints at all.Special Features:
- Nice place for a quiet mealSDFoodieDined on 5/11/2014This was my third visit in the past 12 months. It's a nice restaurant with plenty of space between tables and quiet. Great service as always. The sushi was always outstanding in the past, but this time not good at all and end up ordering the WAGYU SKIRT STEAK, which was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014Way over priced for what you get on your plate. If you are really hungry this place will cost you an arm and a leg to cure your hunger. Spent $200 with my fiancé and walked away hungry. Very small meals never going there again.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We had an amazing tapas style meal for 7 ladies. Our waiter was amazing, very knowledgable and accommodated our group very well. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad at all !!MikeDined on 5/9/2014I nice find if you're in the mood for sushi and staying at the MGM. A great Sake selection that's obviously overpriced, but you're at the MGM! Menu is very complete with just about anything you might be in the mood for, even a seaweed tasting that my daughter insisted we try. Don't be fooled by the "only one more 7:15 reservation" available line. At 7:15 there were a dozen empty tables. Figure on about $75.00 a person including some Sake.
- Great overpriced foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014Went there once before and sat at the sushi bar. All was great This time sat at the grill and was dissapointed. Service was OK at best. Food was just like Benihana except it cost 3 times more. So loud it was hard to talk. They want to get you in and out as fast as possible.
- Best Japanese restaurant in Vegas!georgelvsfishDined on 5/3/2014The food is among the best-point blank. The service fits for a 5 star restaurant-very personal, pleasant, and helpful. The parking can be a hazzle. The variety is very good. MGM Grand, unfortunately, refuses Valet to restaurant goers-a bit inconvenient.Special Features:
- Above average sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/29/2014I ate here for the fourth time in about 8 years and had a very good meal. The sushi was very good as was the black cod. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- ClassyKimiZVIPDined on 4/19/2014I loved this place. The food was excellent and the drinks were wonderful as well. May return when in Vegas!Special Features: