1222 A East Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://shibumiseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063974552
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Yakitori, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Eric Stapelman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Personalized tasting menus available for small dinner parties, in the comfort of your home or work space, for up to fifteen people.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant seats up to 48 people and can cater your events any day of the week. Available early evening, primetime, or late night.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Stapelman 2063974552
A word from Shibumi Izakaya
Shibumi is an intimate setting for contemporary Japanese Izakaya. Our philosophy is in tune with our method, simple and fresh. In Japan Izikaya restaurants have developed from sake/shochu bars with small food offerings, to gathering spots used by locals to eat, drink, and share the days events with new friends and old. Shibumi continues this tradition with authentic Japanese food. Featuring ramen soups, a yakitori grill, tempura, and other Izakaya dishes. Japanese dishes are served in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Join us at the counter and enjoy our open kitchen, at the bar and taste premium Sake and Shochu, or perhaps choose a more intimate table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shibumi Izakaya reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)good for groups (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Great experiencerpaseaDined on 8/5/2014The food was well prepared and presented. We had the udon (2 pork and 1 chicken) and the broth was to die for. Added to this was a selection of share plates; the grilled pork belly (yakitori style) was melt in the mouth. Everything we had was distinct and interesting. Price is a bit high but there is no issue with the quality. Cost for the 3 of us including drinks was about $110 plus tip.Special Features:
- YumjaneinsantafeDined on 7/22/2014Delicious. Did not try everything and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New local joint with focused menutkapictureVIPDined on 5/23/2014I went to Shibumi as a first time diner - the menu was quite creative and exotic. The pacing is comparable to that of a tapas restaurant. This is definitely a foodie joint. It needs to get it's name out there a bit more though, high traffic area.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Shibumi Izakaya reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014Very impressive experience. Sat at the bar. Bartender was excellent. Thorough knowledge of Sake and the menu. Solid suggestions. All the food was good, some great, some ok. Had about 8 dishes between 2 of us and we were full, with a decent sized bill. Certainly an excellent spot already, even in it's youth.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The service was great and the restaurant is very nice. I found the ramen to be flavorless and was disappointed in the quality of the dish, especially for the high price!