1222 A East Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://shibumiseattle.com/
- Phone: 2063974552
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Yakitori, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Eric Stapelman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Personalized tasting menus available for small dinner parties, in the comfort of your home or work space, for up to fifteen people.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant seats up to 48 people and can cater your events any day of the week. Available early evening, primetime, or late night.
- Private Party Contact: Eric Stapelman 2063974552
A word from Shibumi Izakaya
Shibumi is an intimate setting for contemporary Japanese Izakaya. Our philosophy is in tune with our method, simple and fresh. In Japan Izikaya restaurants have developed from sake/shochu bars with small food offerings, to gathering spots used by locals to eat, drink, and share the days events with new friends and old. Shibumi continues this tradition with authentic Japanese food. Featuring ramen soups, a yakitori grill, tempura, and other Izakaya dishes. Japanese dishes are served in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Join us at the counter and enjoy our open kitchen, at the bar and taste premium Sake and Shochu, or perhaps choose a more intimate table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shibumi Izakaya reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Opening Troubles?DeanVIPDined on 9/25/2014Not sure we'll give this place a second chance. I made a reservation and when we arrived at 6:30pm for it, with only 1 other table full in the restaurant, everyone seemed disheveled about what to do for a table of 4. They finally gave us a table. The waitress was nice, but in general the service was a bit odd. There seemed to be way too many staff, none of them sure of what to do. Our waitress brought us ramen spoons and 2 minutes later someone else cleared them before we even touched them. The food came out at random times. None of us got our food at the same time. They treated it like a tapas restaurant and just brought food out as it came vs. coordinating it all together. The food itself was good, but the experience was not.
- New - Needs ImprovementFood4lifeDined on 9/12/2014While everything was fine, the restaurant left much to be desired. My fellow diners and I left feeling underwhelmed and overcharged. You are provided with 5 separate menus: 3 beverage, 2 food (specials and standard). We had menus with inconsistent pricing and were told we'd be charged the lower pricing since 3/4 copies listed lower costs, but when the bill arrived we were charged the higher price. Drinks were slow and forgotten. Fish was sold as"fresh daily", but stored so cold it was mostly frozen when it arrived. We only conceded it was indeed fresh because when thawed enough to eat the quality of fish was more than surprisingly good. The overall experience was simply frustrating enough that I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great experiencerpaseaDined on 8/5/2014The food was well prepared and presented. We had the udon (2 pork and 1 chicken) and the broth was to die for. Added to this was a selection of share plates; the grilled pork belly (yakitori style) was melt in the mouth. Everything we had was distinct and interesting. Price is a bit high but there is no issue with the quality. Cost for the 3 of us including drinks was about $110 plus tip.Special Features:
- YumjaneinsantafeDined on 7/22/2014Delicious. Did not try everything and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Shibumi Izakaya reviews archive.
- New local joint with focused menutkapictureVIPDined on 5/23/2014I went to Shibumi as a first time diner - the menu was quite creative and exotic. The pacing is comparable to that of a tapas restaurant. This is definitely a foodie joint. It needs to get it's name out there a bit more though, high traffic area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014Very impressive experience. Sat at the bar. Bartender was excellent. Thorough knowledge of Sake and the menu. Solid suggestions. All the food was good, some great, some ok. Had about 8 dishes between 2 of us and we were full, with a decent sized bill. Certainly an excellent spot already, even in it's youth.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014The service was great and the restaurant is very nice. I found the ramen to be flavorless and was disappointed in the quality of the dish, especially for the high price!