4720 Center Blvd.
Long Island City, NY 11109Neighborhood:
Long Island City
Pan-AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.shilic.com/
- Phone: (347) 242-2450
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 1:30pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Japanese, Chinese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining space is available for up to 175 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Shih 3472422450
- Entertainment: Karaoke on Wednesday nights, DJ on Friday and Saturday nights after 8:30pm.
A word from SHI
SHI is a gorgeous new waterside Pan-Asian restaurant in Long Island City. Featuring a full bar and lounge it is the perfect spot to start a wonderful night on a date, or just friends going out together. It’s gorgeous dining room has floor to ceiling bay windows that showcase the entire city skyline like you have only seen in pictures. SHI's eclectic menu of Asian style serves Japanese style, Vietnamese style, Chinese style, and a full sushi bar as well. When the weather is warmer, seek the outdoor terrace for your dining pleasure. This sleek restaurant should be classified as sexy and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
SHI reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)special occasion (36)good for groups (34)vibrant bar scene (32)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (31)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (24)late-night find (21)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Good food. Long waitChris123Dined on 11/21/2014I made reservations at Shi for 8 PM. I arrived a few minutes before my reservation and was told it would only be a few minutes. We weren't sat until 8:30 PM and other diners who came in after us and were sat before us. That was extremely frustrating. Once we were sat the dinner was excellent. The food came quickly and was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shihayahDined on 11/18/2014Beautiful restaurant. The food is fantastic. The process are excellent. The view is amazing. I can't say enough about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My party of 16Aimenhussain22Dined on 11/11/2014I was not really happy with the service. I had a couple of extra people which they couldn't add a table for. They waitress made 5 people from my birthday dinner table sit somewhere else. They missed the cake cutting, conversations pictures everything. It's like they weren't even a part or us. I was so so upset and humiliated. This rest might be okay for 5-6 people but I wouldn't ever recommended doing a special event here since my guests were treated so rudely. Also the waitress brings the cake over and doesn't bring a cutting knife ? and before my bf could blow out the candles she wanted to take the cake away to cut? It was so so rude and killed the moment. The cake that I ordered through the restaurant was completely wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Great Food, nice ambiance, only thing I didn't was the cake charge of $2 per person because I brought my own cake. I had a part of 9 so it was a little pricey but besides that I had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in LICNewYorkCityNativeDined on 11/4/2014Went there for business and they were very accommodating to our last minute requirements. Excellent food, service, and swanky atmosphere for business or non-business related dinners. I have been coming to this restaurant for a while for both social and work related and I have yet to be disappointed in any aspect of the food, service, or atmosphere. It is a MUST for LIC and a hidden gem at that!Special Features:
- Great combinationOneTwoThreeDined on 11/2/2014Delicious, healthy, stylish, fun. ALWAYS happy that we dined here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!N2P5FUDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food, service, ambiance (appropriate lighting, great view outside). Great place for first date. Lot of people present, which made it quite noisy so if you want to go to a quiet place, wouldn't recommend it. Street parking may be difficult to find, private parking available nearby. May have to wait 10-20 min after arriving for table to be ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyDeeDined on 10/21/2014I went to this restaurant a couple of nights ago for my husbands birthday dinner and i was a very disappointed with the service. However, their food was great. I highly recommend the Mango & Shrimp dish. Appetizers are all so delicious. Dessert I recommend the most is the Apple Tart, Second choice is the Choco Molt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was excellent but the service was not. My husband, celebrating his birthday, asked for a 2nd beer 3 times, instead we where giving the bill!; the manager apologized, and told us that it was going to be on the house. No beer. Bill was summited again, no beer on the table, but it was on the bill.Special Features:
- A LIC GemAndyjoDined on 9/24/2014Shi is an excellent place for a lovely view of Manhattan at night, although not many of the tables actually get this view. Drinks were OK -- not quite as good as I'd been led to believe (lichee martinis too cloying, and perhaps lichee was a little "off"; ginger mojito just so-so). But the food itself is quite nice....the sushi rolls quite inventive and varied in choice, and the shu-mei appetizer was excellent. Service very gracious and waitstaff attentive. Atmosphere charming and even somewhat romantic.Special Features:
- Delightful lunchWTJFRMDined on 9/23/2014Weekday lunch at SHI was a delightful experience. Quiet, with attentive service and no rush, a wonderful menu to choose from. Will definitely go there again soon.Special Features:
- Happy BoyfriendJtri98Dined on 9/13/2014I reserved a table for my party of 9 this past Saturday night to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. There was a bit of inclement weather making us all arrive10 minutes past the 8:15pm reservation time. The staff was super acommodating and from then until we received our check, we had nothing but an enjoyable time. The food came out on fast, everyone enjoyed their dishes and the bill was more than reasonable. Actually, the waitress came back and noted to us that we had overpaid and would wait until we adjusted it to collect the check-super kind of her. Did I mention the view? NYC skyline just to the right of where we were seated. Hence Happy boyfriend and equally happy girlfriend! Only downside is parking, but thats NY for you.Special Features:
- Best Asian food in NY!CynlovesShiDined on 9/13/2014Food is always delicious and the staff is very attentive. Worth the drive to LIC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carolinacarolinaDined on 9/10/2014terrific food at reasonable prices. highly recommendSpecial Features:
- AmazingAllovernycDined on 9/3/2014Thank you Very kind Staff Food was Amazing Pricing was not bad at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/26/2014went for a birthday celebration...was a disaster...food cold...patio smelled of citronella candles...service was ok...one appetizer went barely touched and the restaurant still charged us for it. A fellow dinner said they forgot the "t" at the SHI t
- Great!, like always :)JAVSDined on 8/24/2014We came here severals times and we always leave happy. One of the best places of L.I.C The steak cubes and the chicken mango are just awesome and they have to be always include in our dinner menu. We recommend reserve a table with time to have a great view of the skyline of mnhtt. Be aware that the restaurant usually close early ;)Special Features:
- Fun Asian frolic in LICLouiseDined on 8/23/2014Three of us had dinner outside, where it is more casual than inside the restaurant, the food was all good: from the dumplings to the dessert. There is a great bar scene. Afterward a walk in the waterfront park was amazing.Special Features:
- I'd rather eat Food Cellar sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014I would be content if the service was lackluster and the food was average (as many commenters alluded to), but the toro was gray, the rolls were watery and sometimes indigestible, and the hot entrees were cold.
- Great placeEnjoyableDined on 8/9/2014The food and the staff was great. This was my 3rd time at Shi and there was nothing to complain about. Anyone that likes great food, service and a good view would enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!!GigiDined on 8/8/2014Food was good as was the service. The view of the city was the highlight of the restaurant... Parking can be challenging... Would recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatShiShiDined on 8/5/2014Dishes are always well prepared and delicious. Service is cheerful and prompt. Inside can get noisy with large groups.Special Features:
- awesome place to hang out with ppl.jpgon80Dined on 8/2/2014It was a great atmosphere. Must go. Again . Great food. The service over all was bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront Asian Fusion done wellngleeVIPDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant's menu is ambitiously pan-Asian and all dishes were good if not wonderful. Choices range from a good sushi selection, to Thai curry, General Tso's chicken, to pho soup, etc. Everyone should be able to find something to their liking. Right on the Long Island City waterfront with a distant view of the Empire State Building and the Manhattan skyline in the newly vibrant LIC hip and trendy neighborhood. Service was attentive and prompt, our party of 14 was well taken care of despite the place being full. And the room was spacious and comfortable, though noisy as hip and trendy places tend to be.Special Features:
- The following 367 reviews are from the SHI reviews archive.
- DeliciousmeloveesomefoodDined on 7/25/2014I've been to SHI several times and I haven't been let down once. The staff is super nice and accommodating (we took forever to order this past time and the waitress was very understanding and not pushy at all), the food is soooo good and the drinks are amazing. It's a great for groups and for couples!!! I would definitely recommend dining at SHI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Anniversary Ever!GizzyDined on 7/19/2014After searching for a restaurant in LIC with stunning Manhattan views, I decided to venture out to this beautiful Asian restaurant for my anniversary w/ my boyfriend. I am so glad I ignored the negative reviews online because this place was awesome! I had the best Shumai ever and the the Spare Ribs they had as the special of the day were finger-licking delicious! Although there was a bit of confusion with our entrees, this place is definitely a gem in LIC!Special Features:
- Restaurant with a viewvisitingSavannahDined on 7/14/2014Nice Asian-style food in a modern environment with a spectacular view of Manhattan. Several vegetarian options on the menu. In the evening, part of the restaurant becomes a lounge and sometimes they have a DJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and goodlubachkaDined on 7/12/2014Food is good, menu is big. Service is good, atmosphere and vibe is fun.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceNeighborhoodgemVIPDined on 6/29/2014We ordered drinks and food. Appetizers arrived, we finished and we hadn't received our drinks... We had to ask 3 times for them. Our drinks arrived together with the main course. Unbelievable! It's our neighborhood spot, so we go there pretty often, and it's always the same story... Love this place on Saturdays to sit at the bar for drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2014I have dined at Shi several times and always left happy. The food is great as well as the view and the drinks! A great date spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2014I have been dining here for a couple of years. the food is delicious and the staff if nice. My favorite drink is the Lychee Martini, a must haveSpecial Features:
- LunchNynanaVIPDined on 6/19/2014They just began lunch and we're not open when we got there. We waited outside and then inside while they finished cleaning up and setting up. We were the only patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good birthday dinner.FabiDined on 6/18/2014Enjoyed my dinner at shi I ordered the steak cubes which was great and my boyfriend ordered the pork chops too sweet for me but he loved it. He eats a lot and couldn't finish his dinner. You get more than enough food. If anyone leaves here hungry it's their own fault. Also order the Sunday shi, simple but great dessert. There was a tinder date at the table next to us which made for great entertainment lol no complaints at shi for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet!FirsttimeVIPDined on 6/18/2014You will be surprised to find a nice restaurant in Queens...more so, in long island city. The food is great too -- a lot to choose from. The chai creme brulee was such a treat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014Great place to have dinner with friends and familySpecial Features:
- Went for birthdayOneloveDined on 6/12/2014The overall service was great. I love the food and drinks. The lightening was nice. Behind the restaurant , there was the best view! Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHIThomasDined on 6/6/2014The food: Pot stickers, steamed bao and spicy basil chicken were good; the Vietnamese chicken breast was ok - not very flavorful. The environment: Music did not match the décor or allow for conversation (too loud). SHI is visually appealing, however tables are very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGmont86Dined on 5/28/2014I must say, the host and waitress were very professional. Service was great. The waitress was patient while we order, and when ready she was rapid in placing our food order. The place definitely set the mood for a romantic dinner. Price is also affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewMadelineDined on 5/18/2014The food was very interesting. The appetizers were very good. The main courses were good. The sushi was average. The view in the pictures appear to be much more extensive than in reality. While we might want to give it another try, we would likely not try it on a Sunday evening. We had to park very far from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Great food, great hangout, nice bar, good music. Met a few friends food was amazing. Bar was nice. Had their lychee martini was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.