Sherpa House Restaurant
1518 Washington Ave.
Golden, CO 80401Neighborhood:
NepalesePrice: $30 and under
Sherpa House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ussherpahouse.com/
- Phone: 3032787939x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM.
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Nepalese
- Executive Chef: Sherpa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Besides offering an authentic food in an exotic cultural atmosphere we also provide the following services:
•Birth Day Parties
- Private Party Contact: Sherpa House Restaurant 3032787939x
- Cross Street: 15th St.
- Public Transit: The following bus stops right infront of Sherpa House
RTD no. 16 bus to Denver
RTD no. 16 L bus to Denver
RTD No. 17 Bus to Red Rocks Community college, Federal center
RTD No. G to Boulder
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a small parking lot on the south side of the restaurant. If this parking lot is full you can always park on the street. There should not be any problem finding parking in this neighborhood.
A word from Sherpa House Restaurant
At Sherpa House Restaurant and Cultural Center, the quality of the food and service is the supreme priority. Our goal is to enhance your dining experience in the most beautifully decorated Sherpa House, with friendly and experienced staffs. We have wide variety of menu that are suitable for all ages. At our Restaurant NO one walks out with unsatisfied service and food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sherpa House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Yak - says it allGussDined on 3/29/2014Toughest piece of meat I've ever been served in my life. The garlic naan was outstanding but hardly worth going out for. Room we were seated in could have been cozy but it was too hot - in March!Special Features:
- The Sherpa house has authentictpb1765Dined on 3/21/2014The Sherpa house has authentic north Indian and Nepalese fare.where else can you order Yak. I travel to India and can vouch for the authenticity of the food. Don't show-off and order your thupka spicy, unless you can handle India spicy. Seriously. Good beer selection and inventive other drinks. Ever had adult chai? Chai with a shot of vanilla vermouth. In wamer weather, the outdoor tables are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/21/2014The food and service were great. The flavors are so multidimensional. We enjoyed every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceBoborinoDined on 3/15/2014Casual atmosphere, great food and great service all at a reasonable price. Sherpa House is a go-to spot for taking friends from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food....but not cheapYourRealEstateGuyVIPDined on 3/13/2014Very tasty meal but way over-priced. Especially when you consider the ingredients and neighborhood. Great for a once in a while change of scenery but for the price.....there are much better options out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealsunnycDined on 3/7/2014we got a last-minute reservation for friday night which was a good thing because the place was packed. even though it was full, we had good service, and the food was great.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!FoodfanVIPDined on 3/1/2014I was so excited to FINALLY get to visit this spot last weekend. My high expectations were not disappointed as Sherpa House delivered on every point. The food was insanely good. Seriously. Get in here and have the Sherpa Stew.Special Features:
- great food, overcrowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014I've eaten at Sherpa House many times and usually would give it five stars. The food is great, the restaurant doubles as a Nepalese museum, so it is definitely worth a trip to see that alone. However, on this Friday evening I made a reservation earlier in the day. We still had to wait close to an hour after our reservation time for a part of four. They didn't seem to prioritize reservations over walk-ins. We won't go back on a Friday or Saturday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, good serviceBaileyDined on 2/15/2014Best Indian/Nepalese food in the Denver area. Read reviews about slow service, we've only been there once but the service was excellent. We had appetizers, naan (of course) and entries, everything was excellent, right size portions, very flavorful. Food is available in mild, regular and hot, and they mean it, they get it right. We got there early and had reservations, plenty of room but it does fill up quickly. When we left, there was a line. The building is a Victorian above downtown Golden, very nice. The inside, however, is somewhat less attractive but the good news is that it's small rooms so it keeps the noise down. We're definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but avoid the dry chickenZenZinDined on 2/14/2014We ordered the Tiki Marsala with Lamb, and they brought the dish with chicken instead. Even swimming in sauce, the chicken was horribly dry. We mentioned it to the wait staff, who brought us the right dish as soon as they could. The tiki marsala with lamb in it was really good. Wish I could say the same for the Tandoori Grill combination, which came with lamb, yak and chicken. Again, the gobi desert is not as dry as their chicken is. OMG. We couldn't even eat it. The yak and lamb were good, althought sparse, and we couldn't tell the difference between the yak and the lamb. Like the beer selection, and the wine. The naan was quite good. Overall good food, just avoid the chicken at all costsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I had our wedding reception at this restaurant, and find ourselves returning for dinner often. The food is absolutely wonderful, and the service is second to none. Sherpa House is easily our favorite restaurant in town, and we bring friends and family there to dine whenever they visit. Thank you, Sherpa House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sherpa is SuperbDougDined on 2/14/2014My honey likes low key celebrations, so we visited Sherpa House for Valentines day. We shared a 'Sampler' plate for two, which came with Chicken, Lamb, and Beef dishes, as well as 3 others which were new to us. The dinner came with Garlic Naan which was light and delicious. I like bread with my meal, so I'd recommend ordering one extra type of Naan to go with this meal. Having been to India a couple of years ago, I'd say this meal was very comparable and authentic to what I had there, but with the addition of meat, which enhanced all flavors. A nice glass of wine and margarita completed this delicious meal. One drink we missed out on was the Chai, which I saw multiple tables getting refills of, so I will remember that for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sherpa House is the bestJennDined on 2/14/2014We have tried every Indian/Nepalese/Tibetan restaurant on the west side of Denver and Sherpa House is by far the best. The food is amazing. The outside deck is huge and a great place to relax and have a relaxing meal.Special Features:
- Good findbill9687Dined on 1/31/2014We really like the food here and have been several times. The food is authentic and the staff is friendly and informative. Love it!!!Special Features:
- Good, but I've had betterArvadaFoodLoverDined on 1/23/2014My parents had been to Sherpa House and said it was one of the best Indian food experiences they'd ever had. We joined them here for dinner recently, anxious to enter Indian food nirvana! Our experience was less than expected. The food was plentiful, but bland. The saag was on the dry and grainy side, rather than rich and creamy. The naan was tasty, but thin and dry; it kept crumbling which made it hard to use for drenching up the last bit of sauce. The ambiance is lovely though, and the service was friendly, if a bit slow. We will likely return, but might try some other dishes. I've seen other mixed reviews, which leads me to believe that variance in chefs might be responsible for the differences in experiences others have had here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Himalayan HideawayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014Enjoyed the Nepalese decor and photos. The sizzler plates are like fajitas. I liked it but one in our party was disappointed because he did not realize that peppers and onions were the vegetables in the dish. The menu is extensive with many Indian dishes. Unfortunately I don't remember the names of all the dishes we tried but overall everyone was pleased. Owner was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, authentic, awesome!NeicyGDined on 12/21/2013LOVE this restaurant and can't wait to go back. Golden is somewhat limited, in my opinion, as far as good restaurants but we've just found our favorite. Cozy and inviting, Sherpa House is in a beautiful old victorian high on a hill, over-looking beautiful downtown Golden, which is lit up like Wonderland during Christmas time and this spot is the perfect place to get in out of the cold and have some yummy, warm authentic Himalayan cuisine! Which if you've never had it, is very similar to Indian cuisine with dishes like vindaloo, masalas and samosas. I had the sampler plate which included THEE BEST Tikka Masala I've ever had, hands down! They have amazing noodles bowls and the house chai is delicious and never stops coming. LOVE it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSla514Dined on 11/24/2013We were there for our son's birthday celebration. The food was great. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and really enhancedour experience. Oh, and did I say the food was awesome? We can't wait to return! Reasonable prices, great food, great service & exciting decor; a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOT HOT HOT, Curry HOT!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013There are few places where I can get extremely hot curry and this is one of them! My wife and I love their food and highly recommend the Sherpa House to anyone looking for a great meal at a very affordable price in Golden!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ethnic restaurant.BobbyDined on 11/4/2013Thoroughly enjoyable in every respect. Best saag (shrimp) ever. Authentic feel to the place: wait staff, to food, to. interior decor. For summer dining, the patio is charming, secluded, and shaded - very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay could be betterFoodforfunDined on 10/14/2013This was our first visit to the Sherpa House and based on other reviews we were concerned that the service might be slow. Our service was great but the food was just okay. I had the Chicken Tikka Marsala and my husband had a Yak Sizzler; unfortunately the meat in both our dishes was extremely dry and overcooked. We also had the Chicken Momo and Vegetable Samosa appetizers, the Momo was wonderful but we would't order the Samosa again. The restaurant was very busy so maybe we just picked the wrong entrees. Overall okay place and we might give it another try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new discoveryoldiebutgoodieDined on 10/5/2013The food was excellent, very well prepared and presented. The staff was pleasant and helpful, although many different individuals served it, making it a bit difficult to figure out if there was a main waiter. The local atmosphere was friendly and authentic to the Sherpa theme. We do not live in the town we visited, where the restaurant is located, but its not too far, and we will be back, with certain friends who would enjoy the food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- We had a party of 9 (7 adults,LA808Dined on 9/28/2013We had a party of 9 (7 adults, 2 kids) and everyone were wonderful. The decor is beautiful and the ambience is just perfect for a wonderful evening out with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Wanted to Love it - But....GoldenFoodieVIPDined on 9/25/2013The ambience of the entry is fantastic. The inside dining areas, service and food have much to be desired. While we waited (and waited and waited....) for our server my anticipation of a wonderful meal dwindled. We finally had our order taken and then waited (and waited and waited) for the dinner to arrive. The naan was delicious, the samosas were tasty. Unfortunately that's all that can be said. Perhaps the vegetarian options I chose were not their strong points but the chana masala tasted like canned garbonzo beans with an uninspired sauce. I am not sure I will give Sherpa House a second chance - too bad.
- Yummy!luvit1VIPDined on 9/22/2013What a fantastic and unique restaurant. We appreciated all the gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningbigskyDined on 9/6/2013If planning to dine at Sherpa House, be sure to request outdoor seating(summer months of course) Inside is very cramped and hot (no A/C). Food was good, nothing special. Meat was over cooked, but everything else was very good. Service was great, very nice wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our third visit toGaryDined on 9/6/2013This is our third visit to this restaurant. We have not been disappointed. If you like Indian food, you will like this place as some of the dishes are very similar.Special Features:
- Excellent Authentic Nepalese FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2013Clearly authentic and quite delicious Nepalese cuisine. Very casual environment. Charming decor. Very attentive service. Secluded outdoor seating. A fun change of pace in dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor Lunch SpotCraigPDined on 8/15/2013The outdoor patio has been greatly improved since the last time I was there. If you have never had Nepalese food, try the buffet. It is affordable and has a great variety of dishes to sample. The only caution I would offer is that if you are looking for spicier dishes, order off the menu instead of trying the buffet - all of the buffet dishes are only mildly spicy.Special Features:
- Great food, Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2013This place was packed when we arrived (probably because a large storm that had passed through kept the lovely patio free of people. We had made a reservation through open table and were seated immediately. Food came fast, as ordered, and was delicious! Our waiter was helpful and attentive but also left us alone enough to enjoy our meal. The staff also kept our water glasses full!! We will be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Buffet2many2chooseDined on 7/22/2013The food was quite nice, however the service was inadequate to say the least. The wait staff was inattentive and to be honest, rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not vegetarian friendly !1VegloverVIPDined on 7/10/2013I thought Nepalize food would be similar to Indian fare. It was in some ways : similar spices & similar items to choose from at the buffet table. But Sherpa House has mostly meat-centered entrees with a few vegetarian sides. Our non-vegetarian guests went back for 3 helpings ... I left hungry.Special Features:
- A Very Nice Find! Will Return...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/8/2013Setting was beautiful and quite peaceful. Staff was attentive. Food delicious. Will Return.
- DissapointingAnne123VIPDined on 7/7/2013After reading the reviews we were excited to try this place. It was a beautiful day and they could not accommodate us outside, although there were several open tables. The inside is just not that nice. Carpet floors, not very clean, etc Service was also not friendly, a bit rude even! The food was also very disappointing. Beef was hard and little sauce. Kids mac and cheese was dry and hard... Overall a bad experience. Will not go back!
- great outdoor lunch/brunchmangerbienVIPDined on 6/22/2013We have been several times for dinner, and loved the lunch/brunch on a beautiful summer day on the outdoor patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must stop when in townOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2013we stayed in Golden for 3 nights and went to a different restaurant every night but we all voted and wanted to go back here.....Amazing food......Special Features:
- authentic Nepali cuisinegoldeniteDined on 5/9/2013I have eaten at this restaurant several times, always for the lunch buffet. Great selection of food at a reasonable price. Most recently atethere with a large group of ten, reservations made in advance on OpenTable. We had a nice spot that allowed everyone to enjoy their lunch despite the busy time of day. Restaurant is decorated in style representative of that region, always something interesting to look at on the walls. Good choice if you are looking for a good, low-key restaurant in Golden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. I noticedHungryDinerDined on 4/21/2013Food was good. I noticed that even though my friend and I were the first to arrive and placed our order first, a couple at another table who had ordered the same thing were served 10-15 minutes before we were. I had told the restaurant when I made the reservation and when I arrived that we had theater tickets and they said that they would be able to accommodate us. I had to ask where was our food. They did get the food out right away but we had to rush. It appears they treat two female diners differently than couples. If they couldn't accommodate the time issue, they should of said so when I made the reservation.Special Features:
- First Visit to Sherpa HouseBarbDined on 4/20/20132 out of the 3 diners enjoyed their meals of chicken masaala and tikka sizzler. The lamb entrée had a great curry sauce but the meat was very gristly and inedible. We all enjoyed the authentic décor and ambiance. Nice service and attention.Special Features:
- Great place to enjoy an outOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2013Great place to enjoy an out of the ordinary meal. The good is authentic and delicious and the service is fantastic. The staff is friendly and warm.Special Features: