5133 S. Lake Drive
Cudahy, WI 53110Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sheridanhouseandcafe.com/
- Phone: 4147479800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch: Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday: 7am - 3pm
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 7am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fred Whitehead
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Sheridan's is pleased to host your next special event. For parties under 40 guests we will reserve part of our main dining room located near the fireplace. For larger events of 40 or more guests we can offer a private rental of the entire restaurant. The special event request form can be found on our website or please call to receive further details.
- Private Party Contact: Jane Schilz 4147479800
- Special Events: Sheridan's holds many special events throughout the year, including Wine Pairing dinners, holiday events and fund raising events hosted by local organizations. Details can be found on the "Events" page of our website.
- Cross Street: Pulaski Avenue
- Public Transit: Sheridan's is located on South Lake Drive which offers several bus stops nearby.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Sheridan's is pleased to offer our guest a private parking lot across the street from our restaurant with handicapped parking as well as a ramped entrance.
A word from Sheridan's
Welcome to Sheridan's - an art nouveau style American bistro. We serve brunch Tuesday through Sunday and delicious gourmet dinner selections Thursday through Saturday. Join us on Thursday nights for Date Night featuring a shared appetizer, 2 entrees and a shared dessert for only $30. Add on the wine pairing for $10. At Sheridan's, we use the finest fresh ingredients to create dishes that are familiar yet innovative and enticing. Our professional, dedicated staff have true passion for food and the pursuit of service excellence. Enjoy our extensive wine list and rich coffee, tempting desserts and an elegant yet casual atmosphere. If you are looking to stay a bit longer, Sheridan House Boutique Hotel features 12 unique guestrooms designed after our favorite wine making regions. Hotel details and packages can be found our our website.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sheridan's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Never disappointedTim14Dined on 2/28/2014We have never been disappointed when dining at Sharidan's, we have reccomended it to several people. We have been there mostly for the fish fry on Friday and would like to try other entre's on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheridan's is superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014Went here for the Friday Night Fish Fry and it was delicious! We went with a group of 5, got a table in the front window. Everyone got something different and no one was disappointed! The hostess greeted us promptly upon arrival. The wait staff were attentive and kind. The homemade tartar sauce was very, very good and my dining party enjoyed the potato pancakes. Great place for a nice, quiet dinner with good friends. Beautiful restaurant and bar space. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, fresh, easy.AK87Dined on 2/16/2014I love the food at Sheridan's. Everything is so fresh, and there are so many great breakfast/brunch options. The staff is ALWAYS very friendly, and it's always easy to get a table and find parking in the mornings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice facility and personableBillDined on 2/14/2014Very nice facility and personable staff, but delivery of food was not as requested, and billing was incorrect. Wait staff (0nly) need more training.Special Features:
- Typical favorite falls shortUsualDinerDined on 2/14/2014We visited Sheridan's for Valentine's day because it is close to our home and one of our favorite restaurants, but this time it fell a little short of our usual expectations. The portions were quite small in comparison to the cost. The scallops I ordered were incredible small (slightly larger than a quarter) and should have been larger if that was the only item in the entrée. The salad that came with the entrée was excellent and full of flavor. I also ordered the specialty salad prior to the entrée which failed to impress with it's lack of flavor and any dressing. My wife's dinner had good flavor, but again seemed lacking for the price. Dessert was amazing as usual and always is a treat. Service is absolutely tops here. Staff is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time at Sheridan'sThomasDined on 1/25/2014It was our first time at Sheridan's and we were made to feel welcome. The server was very nice, well trained and professional. The food was excellent and our requested substitutions with the veggie sides were not questioned. The presentation of the food was very nice too. Would definitely return in the future and bring other family members along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experienceWFBDinerDined on 1/25/2014The food and service was again wonderful. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DiningGuyGDined on 1/23/2014Had our anniversary dinner at Sheridan's on a Thursday night which happens to be "Date Night" which means discounted dining for two. There were some nice entree choices and a happy hour between 5-7pm for those who embibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME LOCAL GEM!milwaukeeannieDined on 1/19/2014GREAT brunch with our family! Food and service were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheridan's is always a favorite.jo10Dined on 1/15/2014Sheridan's is always a favorite. I especially appreciate their warm and welcoming staff and the great food--not the trendy weird food of the "new" restaurants, but traditional, very well prepared, excellent food. Congratulations, Sheridan's! Keep up the good work. And the fireplace is a wonderful addition in this weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014Got a Friday fish fry here, and it was good. It was a little pricey for what I've seen, but it was tasty. What makes up for it is the atmosphere of the place, as it is really done well. I'd go again.Special Features:
- WonderfulAnnetteDined on 1/1/2014We had a good time at Sheridan's. The restaurant is beautiful. Loved the ambience, food was great, service was outstanding. Will definitely go back again. Street parking and parking lot across the street make it very convenient. Would love to spend the night in the boutique hotel sometime in the future. And look forward to sitting outdoors in the courtyard when the weather is agreeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Year's Eve for the agesMikeDined on 12/31/2013New Years Eve was a fixed menu and the choices were very good. I had the Cornish hen and my wife had the pork medallions. The lobster bisque was very good and a nice start on a cold and snowy night. We ended the evening with the chocolate cake which was very good. The staff was attentive and everyone was enjoying the hats and noise makers.Special Features:
- Great dining experience !lassDined on 12/29/2013We had the opportunity to meet up with some friends and have a wonderful meal after dropping off a family member at the airport. Great location!! Great to have free parking, and seamless meal experience. Love the decor. Very easy access restaurant, great to see multigenerational diners together. Fantastic drinks, fantastic food. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Location, MenubrieDined on 12/26/2013Sheridan House is a repeat go-to for us because of its location between Tosa and Racine and because of its excellent brunch. The corned beef hash is always a hit, as is the Greek omelet. The super-burger hit home, as did the empanadas and the Denver omelet. Service is excellent and we were not rushed as we exchanged gifts and were given time and space to relax and chat. We've been here before and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchTDineDined on 12/21/2013Sheridan's offers a step up on the usual brunch fare in a quaint and inviting atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013This was our second visit and we will be back. We had been there for lunch and enjoyed it. Went back for fish fry. The perch was delicious! Can't wait to try other dinners. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've had two brunch mealsmerkusaDined on 11/3/2013We've had two brunch meals with groups of six. The food and service were bith terrific. We'll be returning.Special Features:
- Good food, small menuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013We visited this establishment for dinner, and the menu was quite limited . I ordered a drink from the specials listed on a standing crd on the table. Five minutes later the waitress returned and said they didn't have it, couldnt make it, and that someone forgot to remove it from the menu, and took the card with her. Glancing at the other tables, they all had the same card. The service was slow, I had to ask for refills for water and wait for them, and we waited 20 minutes for some boxes and the check once we were finished. The sandwhiches we ordered were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entries don't hold updrbombayDined on 10/31/2013The appetizers and the sides were very good, but the entries were disappointing. The rib special was bland, the pork medallions were over done and the meatloaf was very salty. We've been there before and this was the first time we have had a bad meal. We will return. Although it is a bit troubling that all three were poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in Cudahylike2dineDined on 10/26/2013Who would have thought you could find high quality dining in Cudahy? Part of a boutique hotel, Sheridan's provides Foodies and casual diners alike something to be impressed with in an area known for Ladish and Patrick Cudahy. The menu is limited, but well planned. The wine list will not break the bank. Definitely a good value. My friends and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday GetawayslibrarianDined on 10/25/2013The fish fry was fabulous as well as the atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:
- Longtime FavoriteBadgerfanDined on 10/22/2013We travel from IL to meet friends from Port Washington WI. Discovered Sheridan's several years ago and have repeated our visits with other friends from WI since that time. The lunch staff has afforded us as much time as we would like, giving us ample time for catching up. Also like the Sheridan's on-line marketing efforts, and look at the frequent (but never annoyingly so) news letters, etc. This place is a great asset to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AfternoonJoJoDined on 10/13/2013A friend of mine and I went to Sunday brunch. The menu was limited, but everything was excellent. Even the coffee was great. Our waitress was so attentive and knowledgeable about everything on the menu. She even suggested her favorite dessert! It's a warm and cozy place with good food and good service. I will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular for a reasonmerkusaDined on 9/29/2013This was our first successful brunch at Sheridan's - previously we'd decided against the wait, so this time, armed with a reservation, we had a great time. Service was very good, but felt slow. Maybe we're used to a faster pace, as we have a small child, but the hostess and all waitstaff were cheerful, polite and helpful. Sheridan's has great coffee service, with a variety of Colectivo coffee based drinks available. Several in our party had the special - Salted Caramel Latte, and it was delightful. Everyone enjoyed the food, it was well presented and delicious. I recommend, and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceKathyDined on 9/12/2013We have been to Sheridan's several times, and we are always very pleased with the food and the service. The menu changes a bit from time to time so there are always new things to pick from.Special Features:
- Always Good FoodJenjen41Dined on 9/7/2013I have never had bad food at Sheridan's. The staff was gloomy and seemed to not want to be there from the hostess that greeted us to the waitstaff. usually the place is packed an energetic, not sure if it was just an off day or what but there were barely any tables on a Saturday for brunch yet it took 15 minutes for 3 drinks and another 20 minutes to get our food, fortunately we weren't in a hurrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Loved itMaryAnnDined on 8/29/2013The Thursday Date Nite menu was fantastic and we got there in time for Happy Hour. We particularly enjoyed the Crusted Chicken. The inside seating area was very comfortable and the décor stylish. The Harley Davidson people were in town so the outside area (which is very big) was pretty well filled. That area has a fountain plus an outdoor cooking pit and the restaurants own herb gardens. Our waitress was very attentive and informative. This restaurant had the best service we ever had and we heartfully recommend it.Special Features:
- We've always liked Sheridan's,JRPMDVIPDined on 8/25/2013We've always liked Sheridan's, especially before or after airport visits. The food is always good. This past Sunday morning the place was really in the weeds as far as getting what should have been a normally busy morning brunch crowd served. I say don't seat people if you don't have the wait staff or kitchen staff to give good service. I hope this was a rare event. Sheridan's was at least willing to discount our meal because of the delays, which shows they care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and dine, and head to suiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013Sheridan's is a lovely place to stay and to dine. The rooms are beautifully appointed and very clean and fresh. The cafe has great coffee and delicious food. The menu choices are innovative. The wait staff is friendly and efficient. We make a point to come into Milwaukee and stay at the Sheridan as a treat to ourselves. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful like alwaysSfromCudahyDined on 8/15/2013My husband and I dine here frequently. This is the first time that we were alone and able to experience its romantic side. We have eaten here many times with a group, but we always made reservations. The hostess and waitresses are always friendly, polite, & treat even my 5 and 1 year old with respect. We have eaten here with the kids since my oldest was a baby & we always had an enjoyable dining experience. The children's menu is full of variety & everything we have ordered was delicious (4-5*). The restaurant is beautiful during the day and night, outside and inside. The wine list isn't extensive, but everything I've ordered was great. We have celebrated many special occasions here over the years and look forward to celebrating many more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really liked everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2013I really liked everything about this restaurant. I had brunch there, so it's hard for me to make comments on any other aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheridan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2013Great food, great atmosphere, you must try the outside dining during the summer months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feesh fry, mmm!ArmitageShanksDined on 7/19/2013Great fish fry and the margarita limonata is the best drink ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, small portionsNewToCudahyDined on 7/12/2013Very nice outdoor dining. Friendly, good service. Tasty food, but portions are on the small side for the price (especially the fish fry options)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sheridansluludineDined on 7/11/2013Overall great.only negative was my dinner overcooked and veggies undercooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They had no reservation for us!!!!!JoanDined on 7/11/2013This restaurant had no knowledge of the reservation that was made and confirmed by Open Table!
- always a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2013I enjoy Sheridans every time I go there. I have never had a bad experience and any person I have taken there enjoyed it and has continued to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I dine at Sheridan'sBillDined on 6/16/2013My wife and I dine at Sheridan's frequently with friends and relatives because of the variety of gormet entrees along with the quality and value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013This must be the 6th time we have dined at Sheridan's and we have ALWAYS had a great dinner with excellent service in a very "bistro" atmostphere. Their outside patio is compelling but the night we dined it was too cool to sit outside but give the weather a few more weeks I assume it will be difficult to land a reservation for the outside patio. To top it off ... we were offered a piece of their delicious cheesecake (on the house) for our 26th anniversary. We will be back soon. You will not be disappointed as this restaurant is a "diamond' in the rough! Couple from Muskego, WISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.