33 North Main Street
Sherborn, MA 01770Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sherborninn.com/
- Phone: 5086559521
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sherborn Inn
The Sherborn Inn is the restored residence of Col. Samuel Bullard, completed in 1988. The Inn is nestled in the tranquil setting of Sherborn, Mass offering a blend of historic charm with modern amenities. Our New England cuisine and warm hospitality ensures a quintessential country experience for any occasion with friends, family or business associates. Four fire places contribute to the warm setting in winter months, while the patio is an integral part of the summer experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sherborn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (8)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Food was very good, lots of choices. A bit pricey. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at the town innjddamoreVIPDined on 8/8/2014Overall good food at an establishment steeped with history. Friend enjoyed steak and I really like the chicken piccata.
- A great experience100PJDined on 8/7/2014Dinner in the tavern room was great. The NY strip steak was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite placeSuzytheGardenerDined on 8/7/2014This is a good halfway location for my sister and I to meet for dinner. The food is reliably good. Good choice of dinner salads, burgers, grilled food and seafood. The tavern room is nice, great when it is cold and the fireplace is going. We could hear the jazz from the large dining room. Many local people come for the jazz and wine tasting events. The only minor suggestion, is watch the moisture level on the chocolate bread pudding dessert. It was a little dry.Special Features:
- Good comfort food in casual settinglauraDined on 8/2/2014This historic inn lets you dress up a bit (if you want) in the main dining room, or be casual in the bar/pub room. Casual attire just fine this past Saturday night in the main dining room too. I favor the feel of the bar area, but if you want quieter environment, dining room is your spot. Have eaten here many times - food consistently good at reasonable prices. Pretty spaces in this old inn - bar has rustic feel with fireplace. Also has outdoor patio under tent canopy - never ate there but looks like it could be nice with great weather.Special Features:
- Great Service! Great Food!CarolHDined on 7/20/2014The special menu seemed designed for my particular tastes this night. I began with the Summer Butternut Squash Soup - which was a little thick for my preference - but it was good anyway. The appetizer special was a decent sized lobster and shrimp with a light buttery sauce served over toast points (think grown-up lobster roll). The lobster and shrimp were cooked perfectly and the sauce was delicious and not at all heavy. My husband had the Asiago Chicken - which he almost didn't order because he wasn't sure about the accompanying Mac n Cheese. He was pleasantly surprised by this grown up version. All in all we had a great meal. Nice atmosphere too with friendly, professional and very attentive wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for relaxing eveningharplybachDined on 7/18/2014I took my friends here because I thought the quiet atmosphere for a late Friday night dinner would be perfect for someone traveling on the road for 5 hours. It was the perfect pick and my friends were pleased with the site and relaxing dinner setting. Food and service was great. And they got to experience the ambience of an old New England Inn.Special Features:
- Great lunchQuigDined on 6/26/2014A group of us from work had lunch in the tavern. The service was prompt. Our server was knowledgable and attentive without hovering. Although we ordered 5 different entrees, they arrived together and were prepared properly. It was an enjoyable and relaxed meal. We'll all be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent OverallluvdiningoutDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had a wonderful evening at the Sherborn Inn. I ordered the baked stuffed sole and my husband had the haddock. The fish was so fresh and delicious. The portions were very generous. All in all a lovely evening.. great meal, great service, great ambience in a casual setting. We would definitely return there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Dining4happyfriendsDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner with friends and the wait staff was very accommodating; the drinks were excellent and the food was equally as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten path butworththetripOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014Found this via our satnav unit when a nearby restaurant we were going to had closed unexpectedly. What serendipitous good luck! Food was delicious. Do not miss the short ribs. And if you like asiago, try the asiago crusted chicken Mac and cheese. Asiago heaven at its best! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking lusterEllieDined on 4/23/2014It was our anniversary and I had requested a quiet table by a window in the dinning room. My resevervation was changed the day of because it was open mic night. They moved us to a smaller room that was very dark and I had to continue asking the waiter to add wood to the fire. The waiter was also chewing gum, didn't offer any bread until we were sitting there for almost 1/2 hour, and never checedk in with us on how everything was. Most of the food was good, steak tips were over cooked and lacking flavor, but the appetizers were excellent. This was out first time visitng the Sherborn Inn and I was really hoping it would be a memorable dinning experience. It was good, but I don't think I would rush back.Special Features:
- The following 90 reviews are from the Sherborn Inn reviews archive.
- 50th Wedding AnniversarySouthernYankeeDined on 4/16/2014We had a very intimate dinner for my in-laws. The food was great, very low key. Sat by the fireplace and the chef paid for the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodReenieDined on 4/13/2014We have eaten at this Inn many times over the years and continue to enjoy it . The food is always delicious . We chose to eat in the Dining room as it is very quiet & relaxing . The outdoor view is always lovely come Spring ! Their Tavern has the same menu and is a lively fun place to eat ; altho' it is rather noisy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow & food was fairAbbyGraceDined on 4/10/2014It was a very busy Thursday evening and very noisy. A lot of families with small children. Pub was packed because Jazz Band was in dining room with a cover charge, which we didn't know about. I ordered the Salmon Pad Thai and did not like it. I would not recommend. It was very soupy and not what I would expect a Pad Thai to be. Perhaps just stick with the burgers and fries. Our waitress seemed overwhelmed. She wasn't aware of how long we'd been waiting or that she hadn't even asked us if we wanted drinks. The 4 tops in this pub are small, so very crowded table with the large plates.
- A good place for dinnerDhanVIPDined on 4/3/2014One can eat in the dining room or pub (same menu). We dined on Thursday night, with a jazz band playing in the dining room ($10 per person cover charge when the band is playing). We were in a hurry, the staff cordially and effectively satisfied our needs. The food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TavernDarlaDined on 3/21/2014We love to eat at the Sherborn Inn Tavern. Always excellent service and food. It was a crowded night, but we did not feel rushed. The calamari appetizer was outstanding.Special Features:
- Colonial ExperienceMashpeeDined on 2/21/2014If you enjoy the colonial New England experience, the atmosphere of the Sherborn Inn will delight you. The food is also of that same style, a lot of it hearty and meaty.Special Features:
- LovelyBARKDined on 2/20/2014I dine at the Inn on occasion and have never been diappointed. The ambiance was good both in the tavern and dining areas, the food and service have been excellent, specialty drinks well made. The music nights are always fun. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed as we have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014Disappointed as we have eaten here before and it was excellent. brunch was in the bar and was very noisy. The food wasn't really very good. We probably won't go back.
- Birthday get together.barryfan01Dined on 2/2/2014My family brought me here to begin my birthday. Everyhthing looked and tasted amazing. I had Lobster Hash. I had never heard of such a thing but this was amazing. There was so much food I couldn't finish it all. It taste even better the next morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 6StMartin6Dined on 1/25/2014Table was ready when the 6 of us arrived. The service was good and the food also. The specials were Prime Rib and Lamb and 4 of the diners raved about these meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food meh, nice ambiencelikegoodfoodDined on 11/23/2013Quiet, romantic spot for dinner conversation or talking over a drink. On this cold Saturday night, fireplaces were going strong; reservation meant no waiting. We had a very leisurely dinner followed by a quiet drink in the Tavern. Ambience of the Inn is its strong point. Service was courteous and prompt. Our salad (spinach, roasted nuts, bacon, blue cheese) had a bland, tasteless dressing, which made it an unenjoyable starter. Our server recommended the salmon Pad Thai and stuffed sole. We tried both, entirely unremarkable, especially for the price. My sole was overcooked, stuffing tasted like it came out of a box-- no hint of crab or lobster detected. Go for ambience, stick to simple dishes, choose Tavern food over fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please Improve Food QualityBrandoVIPDined on 11/8/2013I have been eating her for years always hoping the quality would improve. To date it is mediocre at best, salad greens wilted, rolls 1/2 baked, burger overdone. Please step it up ...your so close to delivering a good product.Special Features:
- We sat in the section of theBirthdaygirlDined on 9/19/2013We sat in the section of the main dining room that is much darker than the rest. My husband had a very difficult time reading the menu because the light was so low. The food was good but it's not an everyday type restaurant. Salad, dinner and a glass of wine each(2 of us) was a hundred bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinning room is now casualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2013This is a great place for lunch but I haven't been there for dinner in a few years. It used to be a beautiful dinningroom - like the picture on Open Table. They have completely changed it to a (very) bright and (very) casual family restaurant with food to match - nothing special. They should change the picture on this website to reflect the current diningroom. I wouldn't travel from out of town to go there.Special Features:
- The service as fantastic andXO2DineDined on 9/11/2013The service as fantastic and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013I had the baby spinach salad, New York strip, and shared the chocolate lava cake for dessert. The salad had a TON of baby spinach so I didn't finish the whole thing. New York Strip had a perfect temperature and was delicious. Would have preferred mashed potatoes compared to the potato wedges that were served with the meal. Dessert was delicious. For not having many groups there, service was slow but we adored our waitress. Overall a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Service was not as good. SheNatickDined on 7/24/2013Service was not as good. She wasn't friendly and we had to remind her about ordersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old is new againFoodfanaticDined on 7/13/2013Once again we had a great dining experience at the Sherborn Inn. We only went there occasionally when it was mostly a fine dining only/event restaurant, but it's become a better option in the years since the tavern and dining room menus were combined. We hadn't been there in years until about 2 1/2-3 years ago when a friend asked to meet me for lunch in the tavern, but now we are there for dinner several times a year. (I also continue to have lunch in the tavern often.) Saturday we were a party of eight and they put us in a semi-private room, which was great. Our friends (who hadn't been back in many, many years) were very pleased with the food and the less formal atmosphere. Everyone said they would return soon.Special Features:
- different chefSuzytheGardenerDined on 6/21/2013I have been here a number of times. I like the setting. There menu is varied, as is their wine list. However, this visit the food was so-so. My sister had chicken picatta and the chicken was tough. My dish was overly salty. That I discovered when all night I could not drink enough water.Special Features:
- Great food, but not fastReflibrarianDined on 6/16/2013This was our second time at the Sherborn Inn. The first was for brunch on a Sunday and we loved the atmosphere in the pub as well as the food and friendly, quick service. We decided to go for Father's Day dinner and made a 5:30 reservation. The restaurant wasn't crowded at all. We put in our order at maybe 5:50 or 5:55 and didn't receive our food until about 6:40. If we didn't have kids with us, this wouldn't have been too much of a problem, but considering it was Father's Day and not crowded, it was an embarrassing amount of time to wait. Our server was nice, but she did not come over to acknowledge our wait or give us any updates as to when our food would be coming out. I will go back there again, but perhaps just for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic let-downcookedinerDined on 6/7/2013This was a very special occasion for our dinner. We were married 24 yrs. ago and had our reception at The Sherborn Inn on our wedding day. We actually had a decent dinner ,although my wifes soup was luke warm and watery, but the experience wasn't as special as we remembered it being and the Inn seems to be going in a sports bar direction as opposed to a fine dining experience. The butter was in plastic packets in the bread bowl instead of in a serving dish as were the soup crackers. The meal itself was served by inexperienced bus boys with my plate being dropped at the corner of the table not in front of me. The waitress was extremely rushed and impersonal. The overall charm of the inn that we remember was not evident and that made us sad.Special Features:
- Great for Brunch, Not for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2013I've been to the Sherborn Inn for brunch and it was great. Very tasty food and a nice ambience. We expected a similar experience for dinner but overall it was underwhelming. The menu had variety, but the food itself was nothing special. I would go back for brunch but not for dinner.Special Features:
- supperOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2013Robust, noisy crowd made it fun to be there. As usual food and service was great and the choices are always interesting. Portions made it necessary to bring at least half home for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday fishOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2013We both had fish ! Fresh and delicious - great sides and it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, friendly suburbanHenryDined on 4/27/2013Pleasant, friendly suburban inn, with well-prepared American menu. Worth a trip.Special Features:
- Solid menu options. Good food.md7716VIPDined on 4/20/2013Solid menu options. Good food. Good drinks. Good service. Great for a casual night out.
- Ambiance at Sherborn Inn isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2013Ambiance at Sherborn Inn is very nice and menu has a nice write up of the property. We went for an early dinner on a Sunday night. It was very quiet but lovely. The entree's are good but overpriced. I would recommend the restaurant to someone looking more for the Inn ambiance than a terrific meal.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2013We had a great experience at the Sherborn Inn-- the atmosphere was great, the food was perfect and the service was excellent,Special Features: