33 North Main Street
Sherborn, MA 01770Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sherborninn.com/
- Phone: (508) 655-9521
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sherborn Inn
The Sherborn Inn is the restored residence of Col. Samuel Bullard, completed in 1988. The Inn is nestled in the tranquil setting of Sherborn, Mass offering a blend of historic charm with modern amenities. Our New England cuisine and warm hospitality ensures a quintessential country experience for any occasion with friends, family or business associates. Four fire places contribute to the warm setting in winter months, while the patio is an integral part of the summer experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sherborn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (10)good for groups (10)romantic (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/9/2012This was our second time at the Sherburne in and we were disappointed all around. The food was not at all up to par, and the service was only average. We won't go again, which is a shame since it is very close to home.Special Features:
- Service was lousy. Took overOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2012Service was lousy. Took over 15 minutes for a glass of wine...after asking two different waiters. At one point it was almost a half hour between times our waiter checking in on us. They did comp the glass of wine, to their credit. The bar was nice and I could see coming back to get a beer and an appetizer but the entrees were over-priced for quality and taste. It was our anniversary and we requested a nice table and ended up in front of an air conditioning unit when there were open tables in front of windows with nice views. Overall dissapointed.
- Historically Uninspiring FoodJoeJoeDined on 6/2/2012Good, but unexceptional, uninspiring food. The food fits the ambiance of the place, if you were alive during the revolutionary war and rode in on your horse to get some food and beverage for the long dusty trail it would be a godsend. Arriving in your car though hoping to get a meal that you will remember in an historic inn, will not happen here. Would I go back, well yeah, but only if I had to attend a gathering that was happening there or somebody gave me a gift certificate.
- I found the food to be veryDoughboyVIPDined on 5/25/2012I found the food to be very good. I had a steak that was excellent and my wife had fish and chips which were a special that evening. I felt the service was at best average. The salad was large and very reasonable. I would go back.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2012We were very disappointed in this experience! We (my husband and I) made a reservation for four at 7:00 and planned to meet some friends there. We didn't see them when we arrived, so the hostess asked us if we'd like to sit down and wait for them. They obviously asked the same thing of the other couple and never seated us together. We each had dinner alone, after checking other areas to see if they were there and asking the hostess if the other couple had arrived. We didn't have each other's phone #'s that night but called each other after we arrived home, and found that we were all there, but never seated together! I have met other people for dinner many times (at other restaurants) and have never had this happen before!
- Very cute and intimate locationDiningout14VIPDined on 5/17/2012Very cute and intimate location for a romantic dinner. Pretty views of the property. High quality food for a suburban location like Sherborn.Special Features:
- Great Food, Drinks, and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2012I've been going to the Sherborn Inn since moving to the area and they have 2 "sides" with multiple areas. On the restaurant/dining room side, there's a classy little bar, some private areas for events, and a couple nice sized and fairly quiet dining areas. On the tavern side, there's a long bar, a more rustic feel, and and bit more energetic vibe (can still hear your party talking at dinner, though) as well as a dining area (same menu). A nice spot to relax after work, or for a good dinner. Servers usually very nice.Special Features:
- we were a group of 9 - theyKecrDined on 5/6/2012we were a group of 9 - they seated us in the alcove away from other diners - very nice touch, food was very good - service was attentive - overall very nice.
- Sherborn Inn is a historicButterflyDined on 4/29/2012Sherborn Inn is a historic building with some of the original building still used as small individual dining rooms, which I totally love. Some of the dining rooms have fireplaces. Excellent for special ocassions whether small get-togethers or larger celebrations. Beautifully landscaped and when you enter, you enter into a very cozy, fireplace room with comfortable chairs. Warm and inviting, great menu and choices...Everything we ate was excellent...as well as the service.Special Features:
- You gotta love a waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2012You gotta love a waitress who notices the decaf coffee had been sitting too long and brews you a fresh pot for dessert! It's great to have these historical locations still in business and keeping up with the times- check out their special section in the menu with grass-fed beef, free-range chicken and organic veggie options!Special Features:
- We dined with friends thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2012We dined with friends that had moved here and are living in the area. They were so amazed the inn was 20 minutes from their house. The staff was amazingingly helpful and the food was great. We ended up going into the bar for a drink to end the evening. The only downside was they ran out of the special which I found amazing since it was only 7:30.Special Features:
- Stay with the tavern.janekDined on 3/23/2012I've been to the Sherborn Inn before and sat in the tavern- that is what I would do again. the dining room was too big and the wait staff was firendly but very harried. I prefer the coziness of the tavern.Special Features:
- Wouldn't rush backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Service was slow and finished plates were left on table for over 30minutes.......chicken was very dry. Beet salad was "ok" but beets did not look fresh and salad had too much dressing.....scallops were good. Group therapy was a good and entertaining band.
- This is THE Place!Epicurean45VIPDined on 3/17/2012We went to Sherborn Inn for dinner on St. Paddy's Day. The food was excellent. My wife had an excellent NY strip steak while I had the traditional corn beef and cabbage. The food was prepared perfectly and flavorful and the service was good. We particularly enjoy the general quietness in the restauarant as the tables are well spaced and you can have very private conversations. We have been to the Sherborn Inn several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- I have been to the SherbornOnspithiaDined on 3/9/2012I have been to the Sherborn Inn many times before but this time I was very disappointed. I ordered chicken piccata and it was the worst version of that dish I have ever had. I asked for red sauce on the pasta and got it, which was fine, but it was all over the chicken as well as the pasta. That is my fault for not asking for the pasta/sauce on the side, BUT it was two tiny pieces of chicken over about a pound of pasta and no capers or lemon whatsoever. It was basically a pile of pasta with two little cooked, flavorless pieces of chicken on top. Our server was great at first checking in on us but then literally disappeared. We had to flag her down to get the bill. For those prices this was a huge let down.
- Sherborn or Shirley?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012The Sherborn Inn has gone downhill, both in its menu and atmosphere. The Inn used to have a french-inspired menu with creative pairings served in a romantic setting. Now, it's American bar food that you can get anywhere and a loud band more conducive to the far-flung hinterlands than an upscale town. I had the rib-eye steak. I can’t say it was flavorless because it did have a peculiar aftertaste. Vegetables and rice pilaf were ordinary at best. The desert menu was forgettable, so we passed on dessert. The atmosphere has changed for the worse as well. I was way overdressed simply wearing an open-collar shirt and a sportcoat. Seems that jeans are the dress code now, even at dinner on a Friday evening. To top it off, they had a ban
- Good, but not great! PlusesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Good, but not great! Pluses - Table was ready immediately and fairly close to a fireplace, which was excellent. Initial service was very good, and evening began extremely well. Both Ceasar Salads were very good. After ordering drinks and receiving the salads, things took a rurn for the worse. Minuses - I ordered rice pilaf with the haddock and received mashed potatos instead. Sent the meal back for the pilaf. Meal was returned very quickly with a very small portion of rice pilaf. (Small in comparison to the rice pilaf my guest received with the shrimp she ordered). As the meals were being served the two (2) piece band arrived and began playing. The music was so loud, conversation became virtually impossible. More below.Special Features:
- NOT the Neighborhood Gem expectedKylaDined on 2/15/2012After living in the area for five years, we were excited finally to try the Sherborn Inn. The menu was notably American and uninspiring (Shepards Pie, Beef Stew, Roast Chicken) but appropriate for the Inn's Colonial heritage; The portions were large and heavy (12-14oz steaks, large veal chop topped with portabello mushroom AND mozzarella), easily enough to split; prices were high for the quality. When we had an issue with one of our orders (steak over cooked and sides wrong), it was promptly replaced but then were mostly ignored for the reminder of our meal. Our wine and water glasses were never refilled. I would not recommend this restaurant and will not be returning.Special Features:
- We had a very lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We had a very lovely experience for Valentine's Day. The Sherborn Inn takes care of its customers! Very romantic and delicious food!Special Features:
- Have wanted to try the InnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2012Have wanted to try the Inn for a while, so we went for our anniversary. I had the jumbo shrimp stuffed with Lobster and my husband had the haddock. Both of us were pleased with our choices. The asparagus side was delicious and cooked perfectly. rice pilaf was ordinary. Our calimari app was great...not rubbery like some others. Our server, Adam, was great. Attentive, but not bothersome and patient since we took our time making our choices. I ordered a Sidecar and it was very good. Although we enjoyed our evening, there are other restaurants to which we would return before the Inn.Special Features:
- I had noted in my open tablenklwVIPDined on 1/24/2012I had noted in my open table reservation that we were a group of 9 looking for a place to sit, spend some time, and talk. As the restaurant wasn't that crowded during the early timeframe we were there, they gave us a space in a small room. It was wonderful. I kept checking to be sure that we were not taking the space from someone else as we were there a long time. We were all most appreciative of the time and attention they gave us. Plus the food was really enjoyable.
- We live in town, so this isOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/22/2012We live in town, so this is a great spot.. food is very good, and we can watch spots events in the Tavern.. A great local gem!Special Features:
- A Terrific Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2012My friend and I wanted a place to meet for an early dinner that was convenient to both of us. Having viewed the Sherborn Inn's website, I made reservations online (HOW EASY!) and we met a 5pm Friday nite. Had the choice of anywhere to sit in the dining room and we were able to sit by the fire/fireplace ...perfect! We stayed for perhaps 3 hours due to all of our catching-up but never felt rushed. The waitress was perfect! Portions are large and prices were wonderfully reasonable. We'll be back, for sure!Special Features:
- The Hostesses were so frienlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/17/2012The Hostesses were so frienly and made us feel right at home. I had asked to be seated by the fireplace since it was our anniversary. They nailed it! It was a very romantic table by the fireplace in their formal dining area. The bread was fantastic. I had the sirloin tips that were overdone and dry. The vegetables were very good. My husband had the tenderloin which was cooked perfectly and very good. The waiter was good but wished he had come over during the middle of the meal since I would have asked for a sauce to put over the steak tips. For dessert we shared the Apple Tart which was tasty. All in all it was a delightful evening.Special Features:
- DisappointedRoseDined on 1/7/2012I was disappointed with the Sherborn Inn. I expected a classier restaurant. Since we ate in the Dining Room, I expected better service and less noise. The food was OK, nothing great. We will not rush back
- Took forever to get our foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2012Took forever to get our food which was not good. Ambiance was not good....very open with tv in the dining room
- A Poor Experience on New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/31/2011On New Year's Eve we were disappointed. We were seated in a small room with six tables, and for much of the time we were the only couple in the room. The service was rushed, with courses arriving before we had finished the preceding one. The entree described as three tenderloins (veal, pork and beef) was an overcooked roll of flavorless meat in which we couldn't identify anything other than dry chewy pork. The "roasted vegetables" were cooked well short of al dente and it was tough to get a fork into them. The white chocolate mousse dessert, which we were asked to order with our entrees, was of low quality and looked and tasted like it could have come from a warehouse store. Overall a poor experience on a special night.
- a choice of fnew year's lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2011a choice of fnew year's lobster special was not that good.....maybe should have tried the lamb chop....... ish should have been offered
- Very crowded so we were gladOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011Very crowded so we were glad we had a reservation. Seated on time in the tavern where it was very noisy but comfortable. Excellent service. Food was served quickly and was very good.Special Features:
- Sturm und DrangOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011I came for dinner with my parents, both in their 70s. We were overwhelmed by the noise from the bar in the dining room, which quickly made dinner unpleasant. The waitress seemed to have too many tables, and service was thus very slow. This is not her fault, I think, but rather the Inn's for being understaffed on a busy night. The noise was so annoying to us that we left early.Special Features:
- Disaster on Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011As frequent Saturday evening customers to the Sherborn Inn it is with regret that I respond to your survey request related to our Christmas Eve visit. On this evening unfortunately we experienced the poorest of service accompanied with barely a fair rating of food quality and what I would rate as a poor food presentation. Perhaps it is best if I provide a specific timeline details so you can appreciate our experience on this evening. We were greeted with a pleasant hostess upon our arrival and while we were early we advised her we would visit the tavern for a glass of wine. We were served promptly by a very pleasant bar server and enjoyed brief but enjoyable conversation with her. Soon the hostess found us and advised our table was r
- Sherborn viewOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/23/2011I have been to the Sherborn Inn many times and enjoy eating there and entertaining guests there. Recently, I moved to Sherborn and since that time have been there even more often. Overall it is a good spot.Special Features:
- Our table of six women enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/13/2011Our table of six women enjoyed an evening together at the Sherborn Inn. The menu is varied with plenty of options for all tastes. The atmosphere is always pleasant but I find the dining room more appropriate for larger groups yet the Tavern is more fun!Special Features:
- always a great time.... foodQuality13Dined on 12/4/2011always a great time.... food and ambiance excellent..... located in Sherborn, MA.... beautiful country atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food was very good andLovefoodDined on 12/4/2011The food was very good and the service and ambiance was excellent. A warm fire was in the fireplace and the place was nicely decorated for Christmas. We had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features: