33 North Main Street
Sherborn, MA 01770Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sherborninn.com/
- Phone: (508) 655-9521
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sherborn Inn
The Sherborn Inn is the restored residence of Col. Samuel Bullard, completed in 1988. The Inn is nestled in the tranquil setting of Sherborn, Mass offering a blend of historic charm with modern amenities. Our New England cuisine and warm hospitality ensures a quintessential country experience for any occasion with friends, family or business associates. Four fire places contribute to the warm setting in winter months, while the patio is an integral part of the summer experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sherborn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (9)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013I had the baby spinach salad, New York strip, and shared the chocolate lava cake for dessert. The salad had a TON of baby spinach so I didn't finish the whole thing. New York Strip had a perfect temperature and was delicious. Would have preferred mashed potatoes compared to the potato wedges that were served with the meal. Dessert was delicious. For not having many groups there, service was slow but we adored our waitress. Overall a pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Service was not as good. SheNatickDined on 7/24/2013Service was not as good. She wasn't friendly and we had to remind her about ordersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old is new againFoodfanaticDined on 7/13/2013Once again we had a great dining experience at the Sherborn Inn. We only went there occasionally when it was mostly a fine dining only/event restaurant, but it's become a better option in the years since the tavern and dining room menus were combined. We hadn't been there in years until about 2 1/2-3 years ago when a friend asked to meet me for lunch in the tavern, but now we are there for dinner several times a year. (I also continue to have lunch in the tavern often.) Saturday we were a party of eight and they put us in a semi-private room, which was great. Our friends (who hadn't been back in many, many years) were very pleased with the food and the less formal atmosphere. Everyone said they would return soon.Special Features:
- different chefSuzytheGardenerDined on 6/21/2013I have been here a number of times. I like the setting. There menu is varied, as is their wine list. However, this visit the food was so-so. My sister had chicken picatta and the chicken was tough. My dish was overly salty. That I discovered when all night I could not drink enough water.Special Features:
- Great food, but not fastReflibrarianDined on 6/16/2013This was our second time at the Sherborn Inn. The first was for brunch on a Sunday and we loved the atmosphere in the pub as well as the food and friendly, quick service. We decided to go for Father's Day dinner and made a 5:30 reservation. The restaurant wasn't crowded at all. We put in our order at maybe 5:50 or 5:55 and didn't receive our food until about 6:40. If we didn't have kids with us, this wouldn't have been too much of a problem, but considering it was Father's Day and not crowded, it was an embarrassing amount of time to wait. Our server was nice, but she did not come over to acknowledge our wait or give us any updates as to when our food would be coming out. I will go back there again, but perhaps just for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic let-downcookedinerDined on 6/7/2013This was a very special occasion for our dinner. We were married 24 yrs. ago and had our reception at The Sherborn Inn on our wedding day. We actually had a decent dinner ,although my wifes soup was luke warm and watery, but the experience wasn't as special as we remembered it being and the Inn seems to be going in a sports bar direction as opposed to a fine dining experience. The butter was in plastic packets in the bread bowl instead of in a serving dish as were the soup crackers. The meal itself was served by inexperienced bus boys with my plate being dropped at the corner of the table not in front of me. The waitress was extremely rushed and impersonal. The overall charm of the inn that we remember was not evident and that made us sad.Special Features:
- Great for Brunch, Not for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/17/2013I've been to the Sherborn Inn for brunch and it was great. Very tasty food and a nice ambience. We expected a similar experience for dinner but overall it was underwhelming. The menu had variety, but the food itself was nothing special. I would go back for brunch but not for dinner.Special Features:
- supperOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2013Robust, noisy crowd made it fun to be there. As usual food and service was great and the choices are always interesting. Portions made it necessary to bring at least half home for later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday fishOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2013We both had fish ! Fresh and delicious - great sides and it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, friendly suburbanHenryDined on 4/27/2013Pleasant, friendly suburban inn, with well-prepared American menu. Worth a trip.Special Features:
- Solid menu options. Good food.md7716VIPDined on 4/20/2013Solid menu options. Good food. Good drinks. Good service. Great for a casual night out.
- Ambiance at Sherborn Inn isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2013Ambiance at Sherborn Inn is very nice and menu has a nice write up of the property. We went for an early dinner on a Sunday night. It was very quiet but lovely. The entree's are good but overpriced. I would recommend the restaurant to someone looking more for the Inn ambiance than a terrific meal.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2013We had a great experience at the Sherborn Inn-- the atmosphere was great, the food was perfect and the service was excellent,Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Lovely restaurant. Service was great, food excellentSpecial Features:
- Something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Very nice colonial feel. Great variety of food on the menu. The most surprising element for us ( family of four on a Saturday night) was that everything was cooked perfectly. Wife and I both had steak. While I normally go medium rare and she is medium well done and my son in the middle. All were done perfectly. My daughter went with a sandwich which is a nice option if you have picky eaters. Mixed groups between couples both old and young and a few families. Not many small kids. Live piano is an unusual twist in Metrowest and the bar started to fill around 7. Overall I would go back however the prices may reserve this for that special occasion night out. Parking is a challenge especially in winterSpecial Features:
- You can never go wrong atCyrrobVIPDined on 2/15/2013You can never go wrong at the Sherborn Inn. We loved it.Special Features:
- As usual, atmosphere was good,PhauxDined on 2/15/2013As usual, atmosphere was good, service was attentive, but the food is of moderate quality, e.g., bland, second-rate cuts of meat. TO be fair this should all be qualified with "for the price." Am occasional meal in the tavern is fun due to the design and ambiance, and I imagine it's a good place for special events.Special Features:
- We come here a lot but thisOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/14/2013We come here a lot but this was a bit disappointing Valentines Day Food ND service not quite up to par but well be backSpecial Features:
- We had a reservation and thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013We had a reservation and thought we would be seated in the main dining room with the piano player; however, we were seated in a small room away from what was advertised. Also, the food was cold, the fish was not completely cooked, and my meal came with incorrect side dishes. Waitress was not very attentive. We will not be going back.
- I love the atmosphere in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/12/2013I love the atmosphere in the tavern- very cozy with the fire going.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2013This was our first time at the Sherbon Inn and had very high expectations. We had a scallop appertixer and spinach salad, both were very good. My wife had lobster stuffed shrimp and I had the NY Sirloin. Both were excellent. The service was average. The waitress was not very attentive. The wine list was extensive. After dinner we sat at the "service" bar for a nightcap and the batender was friendly and easy to talk to. I would like to go back and sit in the tavern bar the next time I go.Special Features:
- The food was good; the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2013The food was good; the service was only fair. We were there for Jazz night and the band (New Black Eagle Jazz Band) was wonderful!
- The service was very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012The service was very poor. The restaurant was not crowded. We ordered salad first but waitress never came back for our entree order. We had already finished our salad when we were able to get her attention in order for us to order our entree. We finished our entree and now were he only ones in the room. We sat for 20 minutes before I got up to ask where our waitress was. Five minutes later another waitress came over and apologized that they didn't know where our waitress went and cleared our table and I asked for the check. While the check was being processed our initial waitress showed up and asked if we would like desert or coffee. I told her our check was being processed. She said ok and left. She never apologized.
- The Sherborn Inn has alwaysQuality13Dined on 11/30/2012The Sherborn Inn has always been one of our favorites because it's located in a beautiful part of Boston metro west... the place has lots of character with a nice tavern(bar) scene along with a good size dining room.... the food is usually pretty good and the service is always friendly... there were seven of us for dinner last Friday evening... all went off without a hitch.... only minor problem was that they didn't put enough dressing on the salad... otherwise it was a fun evening! go there for the jazz....Special Features:
- The steak was delicious, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2012The steak was delicious, but the lobster-stuffed shrimp was extremely dissapointing as it was overcooked and dry. For such a nice restaurant it was pretty unexpected and my dinner guest was celebrating an important birthday so I had high expectations.Special Features:
- I had the special on the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012I had the special on the menu Prime Rib It was the toughest piece of meat I have ever had. i ate it only because I did not want to wait for another meal and hold up the other guests.Special Features:
- Never disappointed at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Never disappointed at the Sherborn Inn. Great prime rib and quiet place for conversation
- My family and I went to theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012My family and I went to the Sherborn Inn this past weekend for my parents anniversary. My mom and I go every year for lunch in the tavern, which we always enjoy. However, this time we made dinner reservations. There was a wedding going on at the same time, however the music had not started at that point. We were brought to a room in the back of the inn which was very intimate and quaint, perfect for the occasion! We had a lovely dinner and the food was delicious. The music from the wedding started at 9:30, which was not disruptive because the Sherborn Inn made us aware of this before we made the reservation. Overall we had a wonderful experience and will deifnitely be bacK! Thank you for making the night so specialSpecial Features:
- We have been patrons of theMedfieldianDined on 10/25/2012We have been patrons of the Sherborn Inn for a long time, but have not been there for a while because we have felt that it has slipped. At our last visit, the food is of mediocre quality. For example, I had a filet of veal. The meat was of uneven quality, some of it being tough and sinewy. The vegetable (asparagus) was virtually uncooked. The wine at $70 for the bottle was terribly over-priced. I'm afraid we've had our last meal at Sherborn Inn. These comments are offered in the spirit of giving honest, we hope, helpful feed-back.
- Musical MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012Dinner at the Sherborn Inn has always been a treat. This was especially enjoyable, having dinner while listening to the New Black Eagle Jazz Band. The staff is exceptionally courteous and attentive while not being pushy. The food was....amazing! Just the right blend of tastes and textures. Our opening before-dinner drink, The Dream, was delicious. And we tried a new wine from the wine list; it was superb. Can't wait to go back for more dinner and music!Special Features:
- very long wait on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2012very long wait on a Saturday night. nice ambiance. There was food on the floor the day we dined, and we waited over 45 minutes, but other than that, the food and service was good. A lot of families and children. Also, a good size lounge area. I wouldn't call this place upscale, but it's a nice place for families and large groups and maybe brunch or Mother's Day.Special Features:
- Made a reservation, checkedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2012Made a reservation, checked in on time but still had to wait 15-20 minutes. In notes we asked for a table in the Tavern which we did not get. I know it is difficult to always be sat on time with a reservation, but not a good idea on a Saturday night to have a really young hostess in charge. After waiting we were sat in some tiny back room without atmosphere. We decided to make the best of it but when we ordered an appetizer and dinner arrived shortly after without the appetizer course, we decided to pretty much give up on Sherborn Inn.
- Very Good food. Friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012Very Good food. Friendly service. Order was slow to show up and one order had the wrong side. Right side did not show up until the end of dinner. Portions were large and the menu was varied. We would go back. Overall it was a very nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Food was just OK, not veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2012Food was just OK, not very remarkable. Then when looking at the prices, the menu is over priced - not a very good value. Scallops appetizer was good. Steak tips were so-so. Salmon entree was good as well. Nice setting and great service but it couldn't make up for so-so pricey food.
- I have been here quite a numberSuzytheGardenerDined on 9/19/2012I have been here quite a number of times. It is a visually charming spot. There was an anniversary party in the main dining room, so I ate in the tavern. It is a nice place when it gets colder and the fire in the fireplace is going. My only complaint is I don't think the food was quite as good as previous visits. It tasted fine, I had chicken picatta, my sister had a seafood dish. The presentation was a little off. It was one big, thicker than should be, piece of chicken that looks like it was just tossed on penne pasta with capers. Previously, it was smaller slices on linquine with the capers. You have to pay more attention when cooking thinner slices. No dessert this time, we were full.Special Features:
- We had a large group withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2012We had a large group with many children and were made to feel very welcome, very comfortable. Good food, great kids' menu.Special Features:
- Had the same menu item I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012Had the same menu item I had had several weeks ago. Did not like it this time. Won't order it again. Basically, the food is inconsistent. I recommend this place, but with some caveats: the food is only fair most of the time. Rolls looked great but were dry and stale. However, if you stick to the simple items, you're usually safe - like burgers and sandwiches, salads, etc. We go there for the convenience. The drinks are great and you can make a reservation for the dining room, but not for the Tavern.Special Features:
- Nice setting, quick serviceMegsDined on 6/30/2012Nice setting, quick service and bar food done well. The lobster BLT was delicious and my friend liked the Shepard's Pie. I've never had a bad burger there. Main dinner options are not the strong points of the Inn. A huge plus - side salad option instead of fries and the rolls brought before dinner were piping hot.Special Features:
- Pub was very noisy so requestedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012Pub was very noisy so requested a table in the dining room. It was very quiet and peaceful which is what I was looking for that night. Our server was nice and efficient and although we ordered way too much food everything tasted good.
- A new item on the menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2012A new item on the menu was over-cooked and after some discussion it was sent back and redone and was excellent. Waitress was excellent. We ate in the Tavern, which is our preference. Dining room is a little stodgy.Special Features: