33 North Main Street
Sherborn, MA 01770Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://sherborninn.com/
- Phone: (508) 655-9521
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sherborn Inn
The Sherborn Inn is the restored residence of Col. Samuel Bullard, completed in 1988. The Inn is nestled in the tranquil setting of Sherborn, Mass offering a blend of historic charm with modern amenities. Our New England cuisine and warm hospitality ensures a quintessential country experience for any occasion with friends, family or business associates. Four fire places contribute to the warm setting in winter months, while the patio is an integral part of the summer experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sherborn Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (9)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bun5952Dined on 11/14/2014Service was excellent, table was ready on time of our reservation. The food was unremarkable (prime rib).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sherborn Inn-Sunday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We made a reservation for dinner anticipating enjoying the dining room for a small special event. When we entered we were told the dining room would not be open for another 2 hours so we had to eat in The Tavern room. The hostess never checked our reservation, although we told her we had one. The food was good, the room tight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedBob017Dined on 11/8/2014High expectations, very dissapointed. Initially seated at table adjacent to half drawn full wall curtain with kitchen noise and clutter. Moved. Service spotty, waitress brought wrong bottle of wine; origonal waitress disapeared, new waitress suddenly appeared. Food just ok. As dining room filled became very noisy. Bar in dining room contributed to noise level. Not at all a cozy, comfortable dining experience at a New England Country Inn.
- ExcellentFresnoDined on 10/31/2014We always have excellent food and service here. The wait staff was superb. We arrived early, around 6PM. It was quiet (Halloween) and I suspect it was busier later. The Tavern was quite busy, but we prefer the dining room ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, fussy chefOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014While our waitress was attentive and cheerful, we had a disappointing experience with the chef. My wife received an overcooked (and undersized) piece of salmon with her salad. Only about half of it was even edible, the rest being burnt to a blackened crisp. When she asked for a substitute, we were told that the chef said, "That's the way I cook it. It's pan seared." We know pan-seared; We have eaten at the tavern side many times. This was just plain burnt. Essentially, the chef refused to correct his mistake.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty place, friendly servicelookingforsatisfactionDined on 10/18/2014Nice place and the food was fair to good. Server was attentive, friendly.
- SO not worth itGStevensDined on 10/4/2014I have had one dismal dinner here and one very good lunch, so this was a third try. Our server was pleasant but clearly training and not nearly competent enough to handle his own tables in the dining room (maybe in the bar?). My husband's steak tips were fine, I ordered short ribs which were laughably terrible. The server took them away and brought the dessert menu over while my husband was still eating! Never saw or heard from the manager, hostess did not say good night. This place has a lot of devotees, but I think it has been on autopilot for too long. We will not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014We live in town, so are here a lot. Food and service has been up and down over the ears, but right now it's decent . Hope it continues !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Servicefood4funDined on 9/19/2014A very disappointing evening. We were seated in one of the smaller rooms at the front of the building. Our waitress seemed to be working our room as well as the main dining room so we were often forgotten. Our meals were brought from the kitchen by kitchen staff but our waitress never brought our drinks or checked in with us. My wife's order was not correct and I had to get the host to find her so that we could discuss fixing it. At the end of the meal, we again had to get the host to find our waitress in order to pay and leave after waiting a long time at our table. The food was good although the portion size on the salad and appetizer my wife ordered were very small. The service was the worst we have ever experienced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The dining experience was great, the small dining room that we were in was quaint, the food was very good. The only down side was that the waitress was stretched out to thin. She could've used some help, as the wait for food was a bit excessive. She hustled and did the best she could.Special Features:
- Fine dining experienceConcordianDinersDined on 8/28/2014This is a very lovely, traditional restaurant. Food and service were exceptional and they accommodated a wide variety of tastes. Would happily eat here again and will undoubtedly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliablePhauxDined on 8/27/2014The experience at the Sherborn Inn remains its predictable, better-than-average self. I highly recommend dining in the tavern, which adds tons of ambiance to the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceNocooknightDined on 8/9/2014Food was very good, lots of choices. A bit pricey. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at the town innjddamoreVIPDined on 8/8/2014Overall good food at an establishment steeped with history. Friend enjoyed steak and I really like the chicken piccata.
- A great experience100PJVIPDined on 8/7/2014Dinner in the tavern room was great. The NY strip steak was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite placeSuzytheGardenerDined on 8/7/2014This is a good halfway location for my sister and I to meet for dinner. The food is reliably good. Good choice of dinner salads, burgers, grilled food and seafood. The tavern room is nice, great when it is cold and the fireplace is going. We could hear the jazz from the large dining room. Many local people come for the jazz and wine tasting events. The only minor suggestion, is watch the moisture level on the chocolate bread pudding dessert. It was a little dry.Special Features:
- Good comfort food in casual settinglauraDined on 8/2/2014This historic inn lets you dress up a bit (if you want) in the main dining room, or be casual in the bar/pub room. Casual attire just fine this past Saturday night in the main dining room too. I favor the feel of the bar area, but if you want quieter environment, dining room is your spot. Have eaten here many times - food consistently good at reasonable prices. Pretty spaces in this old inn - bar has rustic feel with fireplace. Also has outdoor patio under tent canopy - never ate there but looks like it could be nice with great weather.Special Features:
- The following 97 reviews are from the Sherborn Inn reviews archive.
- Great Service! Great Food!CarolHVIPDined on 7/20/2014The special menu seemed designed for my particular tastes this night. I began with the Summer Butternut Squash Soup - which was a little thick for my preference - but it was good anyway. The appetizer special was a decent sized lobster and shrimp with a light buttery sauce served over toast points (think grown-up lobster roll). The lobster and shrimp were cooked perfectly and the sauce was delicious and not at all heavy. My husband had the Asiago Chicken - which he almost didn't order because he wasn't sure about the accompanying Mac n Cheese. He was pleasantly surprised by this grown up version. All in all we had a great meal. Nice atmosphere too with friendly, professional and very attentive wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for relaxing eveningharplybachDined on 7/18/2014I took my friends here because I thought the quiet atmosphere for a late Friday night dinner would be perfect for someone traveling on the road for 5 hours. It was the perfect pick and my friends were pleased with the site and relaxing dinner setting. Food and service was great. And they got to experience the ambience of an old New England Inn.Special Features:
- Great lunchQuigDined on 6/26/2014A group of us from work had lunch in the tavern. The service was prompt. Our server was knowledgable and attentive without hovering. Although we ordered 5 different entrees, they arrived together and were prepared properly. It was an enjoyable and relaxed meal. We'll all be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent OverallluvdiningoutDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had a wonderful evening at the Sherborn Inn. I ordered the baked stuffed sole and my husband had the haddock. The fish was so fresh and delicious. The portions were very generous. All in all a lovely evening.. great meal, great service, great ambience in a casual setting. We would definitely return there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed Dining4happyfriendsDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner with friends and the wait staff was very accommodating; the drinks were excellent and the food was equally as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten path butworththetripOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014Found this via our satnav unit when a nearby restaurant we were going to had closed unexpectedly. What serendipitous good luck! Food was delicious. Do not miss the short ribs. And if you like asiago, try the asiago crusted chicken Mac and cheese. Asiago heaven at its best! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking lusterEllieDined on 4/23/2014It was our anniversary and I had requested a quiet table by a window in the dinning room. My resevervation was changed the day of because it was open mic night. They moved us to a smaller room that was very dark and I had to continue asking the waiter to add wood to the fire. The waiter was also chewing gum, didn't offer any bread until we were sitting there for almost 1/2 hour, and never checedk in with us on how everything was. Most of the food was good, steak tips were over cooked and lacking flavor, but the appetizers were excellent. This was out first time visitng the Sherborn Inn and I was really hoping it would be a memorable dinning experience. It was good, but I don't think I would rush back.Special Features:
- 50th Wedding AnniversarySouthernYankeeDined on 4/16/2014We had a very intimate dinner for my in-laws. The food was great, very low key. Sat by the fireplace and the chef paid for the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodReenieDined on 4/13/2014We have eaten at this Inn many times over the years and continue to enjoy it . The food is always delicious . We chose to eat in the Dining room as it is very quiet & relaxing . The outdoor view is always lovely come Spring ! Their Tavern has the same menu and is a lively fun place to eat ; altho' it is rather noisy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow & food was fairAbbyGraceDined on 4/10/2014It was a very busy Thursday evening and very noisy. A lot of families with small children. Pub was packed because Jazz Band was in dining room with a cover charge, which we didn't know about. I ordered the Salmon Pad Thai and did not like it. I would not recommend. It was very soupy and not what I would expect a Pad Thai to be. Perhaps just stick with the burgers and fries. Our waitress seemed overwhelmed. She wasn't aware of how long we'd been waiting or that she hadn't even asked us if we wanted drinks. The 4 tops in this pub are small, so very crowded table with the large plates.
- A good place for dinnerDhanVIPDined on 4/3/2014One can eat in the dining room or pub (same menu). We dined on Thursday night, with a jazz band playing in the dining room ($10 per person cover charge when the band is playing). We were in a hurry, the staff cordially and effectively satisfied our needs. The food and service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TavernDarlaDined on 3/21/2014We love to eat at the Sherborn Inn Tavern. Always excellent service and food. It was a crowded night, but we did not feel rushed. The calamari appetizer was outstanding.Special Features:
- Colonial ExperienceMashpeeDined on 2/21/2014If you enjoy the colonial New England experience, the atmosphere of the Sherborn Inn will delight you. The food is also of that same style, a lot of it hearty and meaty.Special Features:
- LovelyBARKDined on 2/20/2014I dine at the Inn on occasion and have never been diappointed. The ambiance was good both in the tavern and dining areas, the food and service have been excellent, specialty drinks well made. The music nights are always fun. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed as we have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014Disappointed as we have eaten here before and it was excellent. brunch was in the bar and was very noisy. The food wasn't really very good. We probably won't go back.
- Birthday get together.barryfan01Dined on 2/2/2014My family brought me here to begin my birthday. Everyhthing looked and tasted amazing. I had Lobster Hash. I had never heard of such a thing but this was amazing. There was so much food I couldn't finish it all. It taste even better the next morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 6StMartin6Dined on 1/25/2014Table was ready when the 6 of us arrived. The service was good and the food also. The specials were Prime Rib and Lamb and 4 of the diners raved about these meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food meh, nice ambiencelikegoodfoodDined on 11/23/2013Quiet, romantic spot for dinner conversation or talking over a drink. On this cold Saturday night, fireplaces were going strong; reservation meant no waiting. We had a very leisurely dinner followed by a quiet drink in the Tavern. Ambience of the Inn is its strong point. Service was courteous and prompt. Our salad (spinach, roasted nuts, bacon, blue cheese) had a bland, tasteless dressing, which made it an unenjoyable starter. Our server recommended the salmon Pad Thai and stuffed sole. We tried both, entirely unremarkable, especially for the price. My sole was overcooked, stuffing tasted like it came out of a box-- no hint of crab or lobster detected. Go for ambience, stick to simple dishes, choose Tavern food over fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please Improve Food QualityBrandoVIPDined on 11/8/2013I have been eating her for years always hoping the quality would improve. To date it is mediocre at best, salad greens wilted, rolls 1/2 baked, burger overdone. Please step it up ...your so close to delivering a good product.Special Features:
- We sat in the section of theBirthdaygirlDined on 9/19/2013We sat in the section of the main dining room that is much darker than the rest. My husband had a very difficult time reading the menu because the light was so low. The food was good but it's not an everyday type restaurant. Salad, dinner and a glass of wine each(2 of us) was a hundred bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinning room is now casualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2013This is a great place for lunch but I haven't been there for dinner in a few years. It used to be a beautiful dinningroom - like the picture on Open Table. They have completely changed it to a (very) bright and (very) casual family restaurant with food to match - nothing special. They should change the picture on this website to reflect the current diningroom. I wouldn't travel from out of town to go there.Special Features:
- The service as fantastic andXO2DineDined on 9/11/2013The service as fantastic and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013I had the baby spinach salad, New York strip, and shared the chocolate lava cake for dessert. The salad had a TON of baby spinach so I didn't finish the whole thing. New York Strip had a perfect temperature and was delicious. Would have preferred mashed potatoes compared to the potato wedges that were served with the meal. Dessert was delicious. For not having many groups there, service was slow but we adored our waitress. Overall a pleasant experience.Special Features: