Shelburne Restaurant and Pub
4415 Pacific Way
PO Box 250
Seaview, WA 98644Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Shelburne Restaurant and Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.shelburnerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3606422442
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Brunch: Monday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Beau Dylan Hogge
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our culinary team can offer off-site catering for parties of 50 or less. In addition, we can cater a couples retreat at our off-site location, China Beach Retreat in Ilwaco, Washington.
- Private Party Facilities: The main dining room of the Shelburne Restaurant & Pub will seat up to 50 people and can be closed to the public for private events. The stained glass Inglenook can be isolated from the main dining room for groups of 10 or more people. The two rooms combined can accommodate a private event for up to 75 people. The Shelburne is ideal for private weddings, celebrations, meetings and reunions.
- Private Party Contact: DeeDee Goble 3606424150
- Entertainment: On Friday and Saturday evenings two different local pianists entertain restaurant patrons on the keys of our grand piano, "Gloria". It's a mix of popular jazz standards and original contemplative solo piano. In the Pub on Tuesdays and Thursdays a local singer/songwriter guitarist adds to the cozy atmosphere like a good troubadour. We continuously plan events to celebrate holidays, the changing seasons and to create fun for our guests and ourselves. Please check out our events Calendar on our website, where all of our events are posted.
- Cross Street: 45th
- Public Transit: Pacific Transit System serves north and south Pacific County communities.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is free parking on the street, parallel in front of the building and straight in on the north side. In addition there is a private gravelled parking lot one block south of the inn to accommodate overflow.
A word from Shelburne Restaurant and Pub
The Shelburne Restaurant & Pub is a place you want to linger. Casual, elegant dining celebrates the bounty of one of the richest culinary regions of the Pacific Northwest. Our artisan breads and desserts are all made by hand in the Inn's own bakery. Emphasis is placed on wines and micro-brewed beers of the region. In 2012 our wine list was the recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Breakfast is a daily event with multiple creative entrees to choose from. Next door, the Pub is English in style, while pub grub and decor offer a distinctly American twist. The elegant dining room and stained glass Inglenook with its overstuffed chairs are the perfect place for a couple desiring a romantic setting or a group out to enjoy each others company. Live music is a weekly feature on our grand piano. Special events are often planned, including wine dinners, tasting events and afternoon teas. The Shelburne is not just for special occasions, but to make any occasion special!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Shelburne Restaurant and Pub - Best Restaurants in Seaview ›
Shelburne Restaurant and Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (8)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Shelburne - outstanding experienceGandCDined on 10/4/2014We actually had two lovely evenings at the Shelburne Inn Restaurant. We had made Open Table reservations for Saturday but decided to try the Pub for Friday night as well. The food in both areas was exceptional and the service - while attentive - was not intrusive. The ambiance was romantic but not overly so. This was an authentic English-Bed-and-Breakfast experience for us and we look forward to returning any time we need to recharge and feel special.Special Features:
- Disappointing food, great service.hatfidDined on 9/19/2014We had eaten at Adrift Hotel's "pickled fish" Restaurant two nights in a row and considering a third (yes, that good) until another hotel guest recommended Shelburne. Charming, nice change in decor from other Peninsula eateries. Sadly, wife's risotto seemed to owe most of its flavor and texture to Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup. My stuffed pork was dry and overcooked, insulting the deceased pig. What a difference between "pickled fish" where talent and care in preparation is so apparent, versus Shelburne where the chef is simply phoning it in; and at higher prices! Nevertheless, service was outstanding. Server was personable and seemed to genuinely care about our dining experience. Too bad the chef sabotaged Server's best efforts.Special Features:
- Ok anniversaryPartyonthepatioDined on 9/13/2014We were pleased with the bar area, carried an amazing variety of liqueurs, restaurant food overpriced and nothing really outstanding, steak very tough, was pretty disappointing, oh well, many more restaurants to try in the areaSpecial Features:
- Dinner and 2 breakfastsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Ordered chippino. It was not edible. Sauce was overpowering and tasted like it came from a jar. 3 of us sent it back and had crab cakes which were excellent and well presented. Breakfast the next morning was not good. Service was slow, long wait for decaf and fried eggs were runny. Bacon was crisp. Other person having fried eggs said hers were runny as well. On following day we ordered pancakes and they were OK.
- Anniversary dinner at the BeachMaryandCarlDined on 9/3/2014It had been awhile since we had been to the Shelburne but we wanted some place special for our 21st wedding anniversary. It did not disappoint! Nicole was our server and was wonderful! They allowed us to bring our own bottle of Leonetti but they do have it on the wine list. We enjoyed their beet green salad, the Bouillabaisse which was superb, and their heavenly chocolate dessert- to die for! It was a lovely and memorable evening and we will go back now. Not sure why we haven't been there more- our loss! Thanks to all their staff!Special Features:
- Best of Long Beach PeninsulatrufflepigVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our dining experience was the highlight of our weekend - we were delighted and charmed by David (one of the owners )and would definitely return. Our dinner was just delicious and beautifully presented. We understand that breakfast is spectacular and we wouldn't want to miss that or the opportunity to stay in one of the lovely rooms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Long Beach Pennisula findfredsmarinaVIPDined on 8/31/2014So enjoyed our wonderful dinner. The oysters were some of the best we have ever had. The ravioli with Chantrelle mushrooms was awesome and extravagant. The wine list was good. The beet salad was also fantastic. We came back the next day and enjoyed an equally wonderful experience in the Pub. Your infused vodkas and Bloody Mary's were terrific. We will be back.Special Features:
- DINING @ THE SHELBURNEMELINDADined on 8/23/2014I thought this restaurant would be a real treat as the reviews and recommendations were favorable, however we were pretty disappointed. I ordered the rib eye and scallops. I asked ahead of time if the scallops were large or small and I was told they were very large. They were not. The rib eye was maybe the worst I've ever had. It had a lot of gristle and I had to saw at it even though I had a serrated knife. My husband said his dinner was just OK as well. On the bright side, our server was pleasant, the piano music was nice, and the carrot cake was very good. We will not be going back.
- A must do in Seaview!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The Shelburne is definitely a must do! I read the reviews before I came for the first time and I'm glad I found this gem. From the beautiful gardens, gorgeous interior, to the fantastic service and food you gotta try this one! Trust me if l am ever in the area I will be happy to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Would have been nice to have a few more menu choices. Food was awesome but expensive. Wish we could go here more often if it wasn't so expensive. Very relaxing beautiful building!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th Wedding Anniversary w FamilySchumacher50thDined on 8/21/2014We were pleased with the service, the setting, and the whole evening. Our family of 12 all enjoyed their meals...Special Features:
- DianaDined on 8/21/2014Very personable staff and charming decor. There were 5 of us. Everything was yummy and beautifully arranged. Our reservation was at 6:30...we left at 9. We were not rushed or made to feel we had overstayed our welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealSweetPeaDined on 8/13/2014The Shelburne Restaurant always is an outstanding meal no matter what they serve. Wine list is also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingPhiginDined on 8/10/2014The breakfast was one of the best we've ever had. My husband enjoyed the wild mushroom omelette and I enjoyed the poached eggs with mushroom cream sauce. It's always a fantastic jounrney for both the taste buds and the eyes when feasting here. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Lovely!fundiningDined on 8/3/2014This was one of the best fine dining experiences I have ever had. David is amazing! He is attentive and kind in his service to his customers. He creates fantastic dishes and has a great selection of fine wines to enjoy. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShelburneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Celebrating with dear friends on the last night of our vacation in Long Beach. Very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal Anniversary GetawayWoodman2020Dined on 7/12/2014We came here for our anniversary weekend and were not disappointed. The food, hospitality, and atmosphere were all first rate. Regarding the food, we had some of the finest dishes we have ever tasted featuring wild mushrooms and oysters. Live music from a pianist and an acoustic guitar player significantly enhanced the ambience at two dinners. The staff were all personable and professional, with inn-keeper David Campiche leading by example.Special Features:
- Super cute and food was yummyGimmeFoooodDined on 7/11/2014This is just the most adorable place you've ever seen. I had dinner in the restaurant area. The food is great. Everything was seemingly very fresh. Just creative and well executed versions of the classics. The wine list was extensive, though I'm not really a drinker, so it was wasted on me. It's quiet. Almost too quiet when the pianist took a break. The service was a bit much. I like an attentive server, but 5 or 6 table visits with lengthy chats each time for 1 course made me somewhat uncomfortable. Better than never getting any attention, I suppose. And very friendly. I'll be back if I'm ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 46 reviews are from the Shelburne Restaurant and Pub reviews archive.
- Anniversary dinnerwelove2eatDined on 6/21/2014We loved our dinner at Shelburne Restaurant and Pub. Atmosphere was beautiful and quiet, food was really delicious, prices were pricey, but we expected that, portions were large and the service wonderful. We didn't know until we left that our waiter was actually the owner, he was so humble and attentive! The gardens were also beautiful! When our waiter sat us, he asked us which cozy table we wanted, loved that as that is what we had asked for in our reservations.Special Features:
- Lovely Old InngeontherunDined on 6/18/2014For guests breakfast is included and it is a delicious selection of items and beautifully presented. We were a bit disappointed in the dinner and it was not up to our expectations for the price.Special Features:
- Beautiful, historic, building.ATAJRDined on 5/11/2014A beautiful, historic old building with an interesting history. The service was very good. The food was very good, although the menu was limited. The dish I ordered was not available. We would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentwmnbhVIPDined on 4/29/2014Seated Promptly. Only two other tables with guests. Upon entering the house had a very old musty smell,Waiter was efficient and friendly. Chair I was seated in was wobbly and old. I traded it our for a different chair. Salads were good. Waited 35 minutes between salad and entree. Oysters had no flavor(two of us ordered them) Were told quinoa came as side and we got a half of an under cooked red potato and overcooked zucchini. Pork chop was greasy. Steak and scallops were acceptable. Overpriced for quality of service and food. No recognition by wait staff on how long it took to get food. We had so anticipated a visit to The Shelburne and came away very disappointed.
- Great PlaceMomOf3BoysDined on 4/26/2014Very wonderful place. The staff is very friendly and respectful. The food is simply wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014IT WAS CLOSED but you took the reservation anyway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Haute CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014My wife and I chose the Shelburne for our anniversary dinner for its romantic ambiance and its reputation for sensual dining. Owner David Campiche exceeded our expectations (which were high) with a beautifully presented and succulent lobster/beef entree for Isabelle and an equally scrumptious steak for myself. We began with an excellent effervescent rose and switched to a robust red recommended by our host as the accompaniment for the entree. We shared a perfect brulee for dessert and enjoyed the quiet jazz piano in the next room. It was an evening worth every penny of the approximately $150 we spent.Special Features:
- great choicenickDined on 3/8/2014This historic inn on the Washington coast is perfect for a special event, romantic dinner or just excellent food and wine. The service is fantastic and personal. The setting is beautiful and historic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING AS ALWAYS!MojoDined on 2/16/2014My husband and I have been guests of the Shelburne several times and it's always a delight. This past weekend we brought some friends that were visiting from Mpls to have dinner at the Shelburne. They couldn't stop talking about the decor, the ambiance and the wonderful food!! We all ordered the steak with a yummy vanilla reduction and smashed potatoes. After two bottles of wine and wonderful conversation with the waiter David (he is a GEM) we headed over to the pub for a nightcap...again wonderful friendly service, great drinks and great ambiance. This place does it right every time!! Never a complaint and I'm a picky person!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- history and romance in the off seaspepperDined on 2/14/2014We ate at the Shelburne and stayed at China Beach, their off site lodging. It was completely delightful. David, owner and artist and wine guide , helps make the experience special. We arrived very late due to airplane delays on the east coast and everyone was particularly kind to us. The salad was tasty, the onion soup serviceable, and the lamb was succulent. ( it first came over-cooked and when we sent it back there were heart felt apologies and the second time was perfect). The chocolate dessert was outrageously good. The place has ambiance and then some. it's an historic restaurant, the oldest operating restaurant in the state. Its rooms are delightful, And so is the owner. Do stay at China Beach as well.. Lovely room-view and tub.Special Features:
- A great experienceSandBDined on 2/6/2014We have stayed at the Shelburne a few times and have dined there many times. The service is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. David is a wonderful host and has great knowledge of wines. The wine list is one of the best in the northwest. The setting is friendly and comfortable. Food presentation is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food for dinner was justTheKidDined on 2/1/2014The food for dinner was just outstanding. From salad and soup to entrees to dessert, all so tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Friendly & ElegantOutandAboutDined on 1/23/2014The host was very attentive from letting me choose my table, ordering and friendly conversations The menu selection was diverse and the food top notched gourmet. The beautiful dinning area creates the perfect relaxing atmosphere. I will be dining again when I visit the Long Beach Peninsula. Thank you for the great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantstic coastal gemmooseDined on 1/5/2014What a great restaraunt, fantastic food, great staff, comfortable homey dining room you cannot go wrong eating here, one taste and you will want to come back again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topped off our AdventureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013I brought my friend from England, as a surprise for her (a short walk from our beach accommodation.) The staff greeted us like old friends, and seated us to make her visit as nice as possible. The holiday decor was breathtaking, and looking around, we both learned so much about the Shelburne and local history. When the Eggs Benedict arrived (very quickly), we were swooning with the overall experience--delicious in every respect! The cleanest, shiniest housekeeping we have ever seen. VERY highly recommended hotel and restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it a great place toEnjoyshometowneateriesDined on 12/25/2013Loved it a great place to dine all year round but Christmas was extra special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and AtmosphereAndyandKarenDined on 12/22/2013Absolutely amazing food and a nice quiet atmosphere made for a very memorable, romantic evening. We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary here, and the chef himself came out to ask us how everything was, congratulating us on our special day. A special evening all around. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013This place is a great find, although it was not very busy when we got there on a friday night in November. Since there was only one other couple dining there that night, we got undivided attention from David, the innkeeper and our waiter. They make their menu based on what local resources are available, so everything is very fresh. We had the clams as an appetizer, and although they were very tender, the broth was rather overpowering. Their crab and shrimp cakes are very tasty and the tomato based chowder was to die for! My husband ordered a steak medium rare, which was a touch undercooked. David immediately took it back to have it cooked some more, then it came out perfect. The chef came out to check to be sure we were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memory LaneKatieDined on 9/17/2013Our family would go to dinner one night each summer during the 50's and 60's at the Shelbourne Inn while on vacation. My sisters and I returned to the Shelbourne for lunch, and were pleasantly surprised by the outstanding food, servers, and flooding of memories that came with lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Friendly ServiceontheroadDined on 9/7/2013Four of us dined at the Shelburne and all rated it among the best restaurant meals we have had. The steak was tasty and so tender and the duck breast was delicious. Too Bad we had no room for dessert. Service was efficient and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't love the albacore tuna...ProJoeSVIPDined on 9/1/2013Didn't love the albacore tuna...Probably our fault
- AnnioversaryBillDined on 8/31/2013Excellent wine list, friendly prompt service, very good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.