Sheila's Place Wine Bar and Cafe
330 N. Lantana Street
Camarillo, CA 93012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sheila's Place Wine Bar and Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sheilaswinebar.com/
- Phone: (805) 987-9800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Sheila’s Wine Bar welcomes private parties, rehearsal dinners, birthday celebrations, business meetings, you name it, come in and see us!
- Private Party Contact: Pablo Medina 8059879800
A word from Sheila's Place Wine Bar and Cafe
Come in and see our exciting wine list that features smaller estate wines, some great exclusive wines and with 40 choices by the glass and over 400 choices by the bottle as well as a great beer list, it’s safe to say we have taken the wine list to a whole new level. In addition to the spectacular wine list, we offer daily lunch and dinner specials that are sure to please every palate. Whether grabbing a bite from the happy hour menu or from our full lunch or dinner menu Sheila’s has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sheila's Place Wine Bar and Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Always a hit.MacfamilyDined on 11/15/2014The ambiance is warm and enviting from the time you step in. The staff and owners treat you like an old friend and are very attentive. We had the ribeye steak which was fantastic with the wedge salad and my husband had the spicy Italian pepperoni pizza. The portions are extremely large so go hungry. The wine selections are impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good food, great staff and ownersFredDined on 11/14/2014We have been coming to Sheila's for many years and enjoys all of our meals here. The wine list is extensive but not outrageously priced and a great selection. People are terrific. Great atmosphere in a surprisingly hidden location. Probably the best restaurant in Camarillo and at the top of the list between Ventura and Westlake. Meat is tender, fish is fresh, sides are delicious, deserts are very very good. Great for couples, parties, or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wine restaurant should be!!WineHoundDined on 10/10/2014Pablo and Bertha Medina have combined their passion for fine wines--especially California wines--with superb food! The atmosphere is terrific, and the service just great. Rather than order a full bottle of wine, it's more exciting to order several glasses of different wines--letting you taste different parts of California's superb wineries. Their chef-son, Ivan, is off at culinary school, but his replacement has continued the high quality of creative and wonderful dishes. If Ivan's dishes were so great before, imagine when he returns from the Napa area where he is studying and trying more new wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sheila's a favoriteyum4usDined on 10/7/2014Walking into this beautiful spot seems like you might be in the wine countrt, not Camarillo The owners and staff are tops and so welcoming. Always wonderful food in a quiet, pleasing ambiance. This one of our favorite places for a quiet celebration, business lunch or dinner after the movies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way OverpricedPatrickVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our dinner entrees were tasty and generally well-prepared. Our shared Wedge Salad was excellent…ingredients so fresh they seemed to have been picked locally earlier that day (probably true). Our problem is that every food item was way overpriced. Burger (with decent fries) was $18. Beef Stroganoff was $28. These are San Francisco, white tablecloth, superb service, nice atmosphere prices. Sheila’s doesn’t come close to meeting any of these descriptions. (Might be why the place was mostly empty at 7:30 on a Friday night.) But, if you find yourself in Camarillo and looking for a comprehensive wine list with reasonable markups and you can deal with a spartan atmosphere and overpriced nibbles, you might enjoy Sheila’s.
- DISSAPPOINTINGSUSANDined on 9/5/2014The place had a lovely decor and great wine selection and service.The server was prompt with water and warm bread. We shared appetizers of crab cakes and seared ahi which was also done nicely and presented attractive. I ordered the salmon with the vegetables olives and feta and was dismayed when this was on top of the salmon making it soggy and a little to harsh for the combo. My husband ordered another salmon dish that was not prepared to his liking.
- GREAT as always!!!PaulieVIPDined on 8/27/2014And yet another GREAT visit with my teammates!!! We UNANIMOUSLY decided to celebrate our 1st place win and visit Sheila's!!! I must say......those in the community who do NOT know where they are......boy are you missing out!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supporting your friends!PaulieVIPDined on 8/6/2014As a local business owner in Camarillo...I completely understand how important is to 'support your friends' businesses!!! Now, assumingly, this is not taking advantage of one another...just respecting one another and their specific entities! I have been a LOYAL customer/friend to Pablo & Bertha for approximately 5-6 years! Last week, I had an RSVP for my bowling friends...and believe me...THEY WERE IMPRESSED!!! We mutually picked a few wines and had snacks to everyone's liking! Pablo & Bertha did NOT baulk at all when I used my Axxess discount card and we would've been happy to pay full pop!!! Please, give them a chance to impress you....this is one of the swanky spots in town WITHOUT the snotty service or any indifference! They earned it!Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Sheila's Place Wine Bar and Cafe reviews archive.
- Excellent food and service!cld2Dined on 7/18/2014This was our first experience. The ambiance was warm, the food fantastic (loved the fig pizza!), and the wine selection was extensive. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Shiela's 7/18/14moronVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was a restaurant recommended by a friend and it is definitely a gem to visit in Camarillo. The appetizers, main course, and desserts are to die for. The owner and chef take great pride in their work and it definitely shows with what you have for dinner. The wine list is outstanding. Had the baked brie and zucchini buttons for appetizers and they were outstanding. The chicken and pork chop selections were a great choice as well. For dessert, the three of us shared a creme de brule and a chocolate cake that was phenomenal. They make the chocolate cake there with chocolate pudding and so much other chocolate that it's actually the biggest and most moist brownie I've ever had. WE'LL BE BACK. RESERVATIONS ARE DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:
- Great but...SmittathonDined on 7/14/2014I'd wanted to come here for some time and picked a birthday celebration to do it. The menu looked pretty good. Considering the place has "wine bar" in the title I was looking forward to a bottle of something good. The prices were too high, however, in my humble opinion. I checked a couple bottles on the web and found them available for less than half of Sheila's prices. Sorry, I just can't justify paying double for the privilege of having someone else open the bottle. Mrs. ordered Filet Mignon and I got the Halibut. The filet was great. Our sides were great. The halibut was not hot. Not even close! We went on a Monday night. There were 4 other people in the place when we ordered. There's no excuse for plating the main item cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What A Find!2DiningFansVIPDined on 7/3/2014I expected to have a good dining experience based on the reviews I had read, and I was not disappointed. My husband and I were so impressed with the wine selection, the food and the service that on the way home we talked about how many of our friends would likely be as impressed as we were. I had the cioppino and my husband had a ribeye steak, both of which were outstanding. Sheila's is not in our immediate neighborhood but that will not keep us from returning to try some of the other dishes that seemed every bit as inviting as what we selected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday TreatPaulieVIPDined on 6/4/2014Two of my best friends had taken me out for my birthday! Pablo & Bertha have ALWAYS been VERY accomodating....and did nothing less than exceptional!!! I often refer friends to visit Sheila's and do my best to support LOCAL BUSINESS!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- a lovely eveningventurafoodandwineDined on 5/29/2014We had a lovely dinner. We ordered bread, which took a while but seemed freshly baked when it arrived. The salads we ordered for dinner were all very nice: fresh, well dressed and well presented, though far from fancy. The service was friendly though not very attentive...which was actually ok for a casual meal. I think the restaurant is quite pretty and super calm. I had a lovely glass of wine and look forward to exploring the wine list in more detail. I would absolutely go back.Special Features:
- Delicious and great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2014Pleasantly surprised to find this gem in Camarillo. Good food! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Wine Bar...MikeylikesitDined on 4/25/2014Very cozy wine bar with excellent and extensive wine list. Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Great food, mixed serviceGeraldDined on 3/15/2014We go to Shiela's regularly which should say a lot about whether we like it there or not. The things we enjoy most are the food, the wine, and the ambiance, and some of the staff (in that order). Where they need work is on service. It's a mixed bag depending on who you get. Some are friendly and generally great but one of the waiters is neither all that friendly nor much of a waiter in general. It can make the overall experience vary a great deal.. I think they'd do better if they focused a bit more on raising the bar on service. It's nice when they have live music too however it tends to be too loud in my opinion. On music nights I highly recommend you sit in the back of the restaurant if you want to be able to talk at all.Special Features:
- DeliciousLuvOTVIPDined on 3/1/2014Loved the food. Both of our meals were exceptional. Owner was super friendly and made us feel very welcome. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placewinoDined on 2/22/2014We went here to celebrate a friends birthday. They brought their wonderful rolls and dip. They have a nice selection of wine and beer. Everyone in our group loved their meal. I'm looking forward to going here again. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy wine barEventgalVIPDined on 2/22/2014We enjoyed our evening here. We did end up sitting at the bar, because the table they had for us was very close to the speaker for the musician who was playing and singing. The music was very, very loud.Special Features:
- Hidden Treasure in CamarilloHappy0217Dined on 2/17/2014I have always enjoyed going to Shelia's for years now. The owners and staff are like family to me and they always make my visits so special. I have recommended this place to many of my friends and co-workers and they just love this place too. The food, wine and ambience is always perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetUrsulaDined on 1/25/2014Best gourmet food in Camarillo; stunning really. Beautiful, romantic setting.Special Features:
- Great owners that are involvedcheersDined on 10/12/2013Great owners that are involved in every detail. Food is great. Service is great. Wine is wonderful with plenty of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, food could be betterJonKDined on 9/27/2013Nice little place. The food, while decent, could be better. I am in this situation speaking of the steak which, while cooked properly, was way too chewy, had excess fat, and just did not seem to be high quality.Special Features:
- What a great Neighborhood Wine Bar!DatenightparentsVIPDined on 8/10/2013We passed Shiela's so many times & would always say, "Let's try this place soon!" Well, we did & boy were we glad we did. Full wine & beer, although it states full bar. Wine list is outstanding!!! The food was great! Not a bad dish! The service was great, friendly & very attentive. This place is great & if you are not sure, give it a try you will not be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!!MichelleVIPDined on 8/10/2013Everything from the food, service and wine selection is excellent! It's located in a strip mall which can be deceiving. Once inside you're in one of the best restaurants in Ventura County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Went on Valentine's Day. Great meal, good wine selection. The owner came over to our table and was very friendly. Look forward to going back and trying their wine tasting events.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013Excellent food and service. A very personable staff. Not inexpensive. Still worth it...Special Features:
- We had our anniversary lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2012We had our anniversary lunch during my husband's break time which was btwn 3~5pm. There was no other tables other than ours being it the Black Friday and it was an odd hour to begin with. But it was rather cozy and it was like we had the place to ourselves. The owners were very sweet and attending. The food was great... especially the baked brie. Too bad we didn't have a chance to enjoy such marvelous wine selection. Our kids loved the service and the BBQ chicken pizza. I'll definitely be back for the wine next time~ ^^Special Features:
- Notable wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012We enjoyed our wine. The restaurant was 100% empty except for us at 7 pm on Saturday night. It was good and bad. They were playing sports on TV which really contrasted with the atmosphere and drink. TV was also turned down, 80's music played. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- Food and service are alwayscheersDined on 10/12/2012Food and service are always great in this friendly neighborhood restaurant and wine bar. The owners and staff are great and quick to offer suggestions and assistance.Special Features:
- Second time at Sheila's ---TurkishRabbiVIPDined on 8/25/2012Second time at Sheila's --- Absolutely superb experience, again. Recommendations from the staff was spot on (including offering a taste of the gumbo when I was wavering between that and the fish - very thoughtful and appreciated), service was perfect, the food outstanding, the wines excellent. The presentation of a dessert (bread pudding a la mode) to share when we had opted not to partake of sweets was treacherous and underhanded but such a nice touch. Will definitely go back and recommend to all our friends.Special Features:
- Due to a community event themuch2busyDined on 8/11/2012Due to a community event the restaurant was empty except us until about 10:00pm when groups of people showed up and started partying. We had nice chats with the owner and staff. My husband had the blackened scallops and the lamb shank. I had the carpaccio and then the sand dabs. All four dishes were very good and overall we had a very nice dinner. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Treat you like familycheersDined on 7/27/2012The service was outstanding. The owners are very involved and it shows in their attention to detail and quality. The cheese was fantastic, the selection and food was great, and we found an old favorite wine on the list that we throughly enjoyed. The live music was entertaining without being dominant, just enough to draw your attention at times but not interfere with our conversation when we wanted to talk. But more than anything else, the service and attention given by the owners and staff made for great evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great selection of wines thatcheersDined on 7/21/2012Great selection of wines that you do not find in other places. The food was outstanding and the friendly service was a real treat. we never felt rushed and the staff and owners were always close by to offer assistance. They even gave us the "gift" of a taste of sweet after dinner wine to top off the evening. Great place, great service, great wine....what more could you look for in a place to take your sweetheart.Special Features:
- You would never expect whatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/5/2012You would never expect what is inside from the bland mini-mall exterior. The decor inside is beautiful with dark, rich colors and a bar that goes on forever. There is a nice area up front with comfy couches and chairs for enjoying a glass of wine. The service was great, the food really good. The kobe burger was perfectly done and served on delicious crispy light ciabatta bread. And they had a really nice selection of wines by the glass. They told us they had been there for 8 years but I hadn't been there before. Really glad they joined opentable because I probably would have gone another 8 years without finding them otherwise.