Sheerwater Restaurant at the Hotel Del Coronado
1500 Orange Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Sheerwater Restaurant at the Hotel Del Coronado
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hoteldel.com/
- Phone: 6195228490
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily for Breakfast 7:00am - 11:00am, Lunch 11:30am - 3:00pm and Dinner 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Sheerwater Restaurant at the Hotel Del Coronado
Sheerwater offers California coastal cuisine: regional specialties that emphasize bold flavor, tantalizing spices and seasonally inspired menus. Signature entrees are prepared in the exhibition oven. A special children's menu includes original takes on traditional childhood favorites. The bar offers signature margaritas, blended tropical drinks and California 's premier wines. Serving breakfast, lunch, cocktails, light fare and dinner daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sheerwater Restaurant at the Hotel Del Coronado - Best Restaurants in Coronado ›
Sheerwater Restaurant at the Hotel Del Coronado reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (142)scenic view (137)special occasion (77)romantic (62)great for brunch (55)fit for foodies (51)great for lunch (50)kid-friendly (48)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (14)notable wine list (12)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Have been there many timesJoeFDined on 10/19/2014My wife and I go here a lot. It is here favorite place in San Diego (although it's in Coronado). We went this time as part of her birthday (and our anniversary) weekend and had an enjoyable time. We had brunch then stopped by the bar to watch a Charger game. The food was good and the service was a little slow but the waiter was really friendly and attentive. The only shocker was what we paid for parking ($48 for 3.5 hours, even after the restaurant validated our ticket!). WE used valet, next time I'll find street parking! Overall it was a nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Beautiful setting, attentive service, and delicious food made this impromptu lunch just perfect. We shared a delicious crab cake appetizer and then went for the Alaskan salmon and crab and chicken pasta dishes. Fresh ingredients and bold combinations made our meal fabulous. There happened to be an event happening on the lawn in front of our outdoor table, so we also were able to enjoy live music while sipping wine in an ideal climate-- not bad people-watching, either.Special Features:
- Best service food so soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Our waiter Manny was "the best we've ever had" - stated by my husband and daughter, and I would agree. Sadly, the food was only so so, especially for the price. You pay for the view and ambience, the food needs a little improvement. IMHOSpecial Features:
- Deliciouseats48Dined on 10/17/2014Awesome date night with my wife with the perfect surroundings!Special Features:
- Great food and service!ESLocalDined on 10/16/2014Our server was attentive and friendly, and the food was great!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerSunshineDined on 10/13/2014The food and the view were great but the drinks at $15.00 a drink were not worth the price. I ordered a Mojito and my husband order a Rum & coke...too much for an okay drink. Fish & chips were good and they even treated me to a birthday tiramisu!Special Features:
- Great lobster menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/12/2014We enjoyed an amazing meal. We will be back:) The lobster special waffle appetizer was fabulous...Special Features:
- Poor service and food qualityDontgothereDined on 10/12/2014Server was rude. At first, he told us he wanted us to switch seats (not tables) because "we were on his way." We refused, and then he started pushing the chair everytime he was passing by. Steak was over cooked, it got sent back. Food was OK, yet not worth the price. Do not go there!!! It is the worst dinning experience I have ever had, definitely price and quality are not equally proportional.Special Features:
- SheerwaterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014I brought girl friends for an outdoor lunch. We loved the food and the view. Great experience. Our server Jessica was wonderful. Professional, friendly, patient and attentive. The entire wait staff was marvelous. I live in SD area and am so happy I brought my out of town friends to the Del.Special Features:
- Can't beat the viewkendrarelDined on 10/11/2014The outdoor seating area is clean and has a European feel to it. The food was very enjoyable and the selection was really great. You can have anything you want here for brunch.Special Features:
- Great nightJaxprsDined on 10/7/2014The food was great and the view was wonderful. The fireworks from another event on the grounds made for a great ending to the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014Suuuper expensive for what you get, food wise. Food is fine and all, just not at that price point. You are definitely paying for the location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014One of the best meals ever! Gary our waiter was outstanding! He was attentive, knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place to beOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014A dining experience that you don't want to come to an end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Views with great foodDinningDivaDined on 9/28/2014We had the lump crab appetizer - very plentiful and nicely presented. The Chilean Sea Bass was excellent and the side of asparagus was cooked to perfection and our wait person Mary was wonderful she kept an eye on us while we watched the sunset and enjoyed the view.Special Features:
- Terrible servicewillDined on 9/25/2014We went for restaurant week and unfortunately it seems like since we chose from that menu the waiter decided he was not interested in us. Other tables that ordered off the main menu got their meals a long time before we did. Took over an hour to get our mealSpecial Features:
- Loved the patio great ocean view.BaseballladyDined on 9/24/2014Historical hotel with this lovely patio with great ocean view Great for lunch and yummy Bloody Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch buffetyupitsmeDined on 9/21/2014I usually HATE buffets, especially breakfast buffets - when we came here with our guests from China, I had hoped for a menu and lunch and our only option was the buffet because we were too early (10:45 AM) To my surprise, the breakfast items were better than I thought it would be - I thought it would just be overheated scrambled eggs, stale pastries, etc but the food items were tasty, fresh and flavorful. Something for everyone, even cheeses and salami, lox bagels, eggs benedict, really good pastries. I'd come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A shame how much this has changed.92118residentDined on 9/21/2014First to note, the prices have raised tremendously, this used to be a 19.99 buffet, with an added 5.00 charge for all you could drink mimosa's. Now, the cost of the buffet has increased to 32.00 and the mimosa's are 11.00 a piece. Quite the increase... On my most recent visit, I was sad to recognize just how much else had changed. There is no longer an omelet station and has been replaced by a series of warm dishes. They also used to have a wonderful homemade yogurt which has been replaced with pre-packaged chobani. The service was not particularly attentive and I felt rushed all morning. The view remains wonderful of course, but it is hardly the place it used to be, much like the rest of the island, it has taken a turn for the worst.Special Features:
- Scenic diningluvcoronadoDined on 9/20/2014The scenery was great. We were able to watch a wedding along with some hummingbirds on our dinner. The service could have been better as we waited for our drinks and our parking voucher was not validated as asked. The waitress did Apologize for waiting for our drinks and compensated us with a free dessert. Overall we enjoyed our dinner and would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shearwater..shear delightfinedinerDined on 9/20/2014Our waitress Sarah stands out in my review. Kind, attentive, professional, and fun! We went to shearwater to celebrate a friends 55th birthday. There were 8 of us. We had the breakfast buffet. 31.00 per person but the food was good. Fresh baked goods, fresh fruit, lots of hot items, and you could order custom omelettes also. The price was worth it for all the food that was available.Special Features:
- what a great place to have a mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I am so happy that my wife and I came to the Sheerwater! The staff was kind and prompt and our server Manolo was outstanding! Not only did his recommendations of the food prove to be spot on, but he made sure that our drinks were served to promptly. We had the oysters for our starter and they were absolutely amazing. The seared scallops in butter are my new fave. The burger and lobster Mac are to die for as well. When we left my wife had forgotten her license and Manolo remembered hearing us talking about meeting some friends at the b&s bar and came and found us! That is service over and beyond and I feel lucky to eat at an establishment that treats their patrons this special. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!chipDined on 9/13/2014We had a group of 8 and the food was very disappointing. The service was good but the food was not worth the money.Special Features:
- Wonderful 17th birthday celebrationlove2travel1VIPDined on 9/13/2014My daughter celebrated her birthday with 8 of her friends here, while my husband and I had a quiet dinner at another table. Both our waiters went above and beyond to make sure my daughter and her friends, and my husband and I have a great time. The steak and fish dishes were great. The girls raved about the food and the service. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good night outKarinDined on 9/11/2014Made a reservation for my husband's birthday. Special request: good view and outdoors. We found ourselves seated beautifully, overlooking the entire scenery. We received a friendly and attentive welcome, every member of staff dealing with us was informed about the occasion and congratulated my husband. Our waiter Dan and his team were extremely friendly and professional. The food itself was very well presented, arrived warm and in remarkable quality at our table - a miracle given the size of the place! We had Lobster Bisque and Clam Chowder filled by Filet Mignon and Diver Scallops. My husband's dessert was on the house - something we did not expect at all. Fantastic! If there's anything to criticize at all: no adequate light at the table.Special Features:
- Great BreakfastRaceGoerDined on 9/7/2014Got the Del Beach and Breakfast package, so got to enjoy breakfast here for 3 mornings. Great omelettes and eggs benedict! Wasn't too crazy about the chorizo hash. Biscuits looked like they were out of a can and not homemade, but the gravy was good. Overall very good place to have breakfast. The view is GREAT!!!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful atmosphere and great food. Would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Ribeye!spikeDined on 9/6/2014This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion on a nice evening. Sit outside if you can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood dining with a view.JoesCrabFanDined on 9/6/2014Oh what a view at sunset! We sat under the covered patio with a ceiling fan gently cooling us on a very warm day. Anthony, our waiter, was professional and attentive. I had the Chilean Sea Bass. My favorite fish that I have not seen on menus for some time. It was done perfectly. Cleaned my plate. Hubby had the choppiono. It was my second choice and glad he enjoyed it. It was flavorful, but would have been too spicy for me. I finished off with a warm chocolate bread pudding for dessert, which I inhaled. Great food with a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Your not coming here to save money. The food here is good, the drinks are great (no skimping on the liquer), and the views are spectacular. When you come here you are paying for the whole experience: great food, attentive service, and a fabulous view. Its not meant to be cheap and shouldn't be.Special Features:
- DisappointmentMelsDinerDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I thought we would revisit Hotel Del and relive our wedding day. After visiting and eating at Sheerwater, we were sadly disappointed. We did not experience one single smile or an encouraging greeting. Additionally, the food was no better than a chain restaurant-except the price. An incredible disappointment. We left feeling the same way the employees appeared-depressedSpecial Features:
- Outstanding experiencethesixofusDined on 8/31/2014Great food. Wait staff was very attentive. We had breakfast (5 days) lunch (2 days), dinner (2 days). loved the view. We would go again for sure. The breakfast buffet is outstanding, so many choices and they all taste wonderful. The fruit which we all had was so fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunsets. Food ok.PDFlavorDined on 8/30/2014What else can I say? Its the Hotel Del. The location cannot be better, the service is great. The food is good but nothing out of the ordinary. Excellent place to bring out of towners!Special Features:
- Overall goodFirstTimerDined on 8/30/2014I thought the service was outstanding from the hostess to the server. We had a group lunch and found the food to be hit or miss. We generally all liked the appetizers except for the friend goat cheese app. It tasted good, but lacked logistics. There was a very small cube of goat cheese surrounded by a 9" moat of pesto/tomato. It just didn't make sense to serve that much sauce with a small piece of cheese. It would make much more sense to spend the food cost of the app on a little more cheese and a lot less sauce. We all really liked the lunch entrees but collectively felt that the duo-style menu (where you pick from various half portions) was very underwhelming. The portions are small and had a premade feel to them. Think airplane food.Special Features:
- Beautiful view, poor serviceKg1111Dined on 8/29/2014Our salads actually came wilted and the feta cheese on top had melted probably from waiting in the warm kitchen. Couldn't eat it. The waiter was nice but rarely saw him. The next day we had a buffet brunch and Erwin was a 5 star waiter. The food was delicious but it was a buffet so you didn't have to wait for a server. Come on hotel del....splurge and support this staff with more help! I think you could afford it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.LeonardoDined on 8/29/2014We had a fabulous dinner and would definitely recommend this resterant. Our waiter was very good and the food was absolutely wonderful. The sea bass and lamb dinners were our favorites and the view was spectacular. If we had more time we would have made a trip back. After dinner we went to the Laugh Factory right in the hotel and saw Jon Lovitz preform. The evening turned out to be the most memorable of our entire trip in San Diego.Special Features:
- Great Place To End Our Vacation!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The service and food were amazing. Chef Jen is great and the waitress was so attentive and friendly. I highly recommend it! I loved the scallops and my friends had the short ribs. Don't miss the view of the ocean and sunset!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- milholland1Dined on 8/28/2014Awesome . We spend every Christmas Eve here. We love the food and the gift shops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSuzanneVIPDined on 8/25/2014Great food in a fantastic atmosphere. Salads were hugo,main courses were small but exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedlovesongDined on 8/25/2014Food awesome; service from Manuel and others very attentive; Hostess very helpful in table selection; sunset and beach wonderfulSpecial Features: