Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
21 East Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shawscrabhouse.com/
- Phone: 3125272722
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Lunch: 11:30am - 2pm; Monday - Thursday Dinner: 5:30pm - 10pm; Friday - Saturday Dinner: 5pm - 11pm; Sunday Dinner: 5pm - 9pm.
Sunday Brunch Buffet: 10:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Yves Roubaud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for details
- Private Party Facilities: For groups of 20 or more, we recommend getting a banquet menu available through our catering director.
- Private Party Contact: Dana Armon 3125272722
- Entertainment: Live Music in the Oyster Bar 3 Nights a Week!
Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday Nights, 7pm--No Cover!
- Special Events: Now serving Hotel-Style Sunday Brunch featuring classic breakfast fare, Chef prepared omelets & waffles and Shaw's specialties. Save room for the decadent sweet table!
A word from Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
807 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (453)good for groups (342)fit for foodies (319)neighborhood gem (198)romantic (190)vibrant bar scene (164)notable wine list (159)great for lunch (144)hot spot (142)great for brunch (120)kid-friendly (61)late-night find (44)scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great food & great service!ChicagoFoodieVIPDined on 10/27/2014Shaw's is always a wonderful dinner choice in Chicago! My experiences there have been nothing but great- the garlic shrimp, scallops, and halibut are favorites! They also allow you to bring your own bottle of wine for a $25 corkage fee. Server Chris T provides exceptional service and even brought out 2 desserts on the house for my 3rd year anniversary! Very sweet!Special Features:
- Always ConsistentJeffDined on 10/27/2014After all of these years, Shaw's continues to manufacture a great dining experience for both business settings and personal dining. Both in the main restaurant or in the Oyster Bar. We saw Chicago Bears receiver Brandon Marshall in the Oyster Bar.Special Features:
- Best seafood in towneclecticDined on 10/27/2014Great spot for lunch. The seafood salad is huge and to die for. The lobster roll is fantastic. And the hashed browns are the things dreams are made of.Special Features:
- Nice Place for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/26/2014Shaw's is definitely a nice place to go for special occasions. It's a little pricey, but the clam chowder was delicious and I enjoyed my swordfish as well. Plus it was a match to my "top 10 seafood restaurants Chicago" search. It's location in River North is also ideal for tourists I think. The ambience was perfect; not too loud, but still plenty of customers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014It was highly reccomended by a friend who use to live in Chicago. It was fine, but I was really expecting more for the price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday seafood brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Good seafood brunch with lots of choices, central location, very attentive service. Fun, leisurely activity for Sunday in Chicago.Special Features:
- fabulous seafood brunchlialeDined on 10/26/2014I treated myself for my birthday and had a wonderful brunch including fresh grapefruit juice, cold and hot king crab, mini do-rite donut holes, and great mini desserts. Pricy but worth every penny.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014A little pricy but well worth the money. Food was fabulous! Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceGabbsDined on 10/25/2014We ate here on a busy Saturday night. We never felt rushed and the service was exceptionally attentive. The sushi and lobster pasta were excellent.Special Features:
- Chicago GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014You will not be disappointed with this selection.....especially if you are a seafood lover. It was a third visit for me and a first for my guests....they were all impressed and will return as will I on my next trip to Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomefoodluverDined on 10/24/2014Shaw's is my go to place in Chicago for a special event or appetizers and a drink. I love the blood mary's. My husband and nephew and I go here every year for our anniversary. The oysters are fresh that day and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good gluten free optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014The menu was clearly marked for gluten free options and the server was knowledgable about what was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Crab LegsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/22/2014I love coming to Shaw's this time of year with the hopes they have Fresh Alaskan King Crab Legs... not the usually frozen ones which are still excellent... but the freshly flown in variety. They have them only a few days a year during season and this is the only place I know that carries them. They are SO delicious... served chilled and you cannot pass it up. Shaws delivers a consistent excellent product with wonderful service. It's not the new restaurant on the block but I never leave disappointed!Special Features:
- Best Seafood in Chicago, Period!BurlVIPDined on 10/22/2014Shaw's rocks every time. I have been frequenting this wonderful restaurant for at least 15 years, yet I live in Nashville. A trip to Chicago just would not be complete without sampling whatever fresh (flown in that day) fish, oysters and shellfish they have available. Absolutely amazing food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing FoodBoiler67Dined on 10/22/2014I have eaten at Shaws before but my last experience was entirely forgettable. I ordered grilled salmon. When it came it was like eating sawdust - no flavor, dry just plain blah. And it was advertised as fresh salmon? To be fair the three other people with me really enjoyed their food and were very complementary. A big plus for our waiter Pedro. When I commented (negatively) on the cheesy "bread" they put out for starters he brought us some real French-style bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday Celebration.chgomomX2VIPDined on 10/22/2014It was my birthday and the family took me here. As always - service was amazing. Our server was very friendly, fun and helpful. Food was very good as well.......we very much like Shaws!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereEnjoysgoodeatsDined on 10/22/2014The food was very good. We had the shellfish tower, great mix of lobster, crab, oysters and shrimp. I ordered the Florida grouper which was very good. Our waitress, Paula, was very lacking. She had bad energy and seemed annoyed when asked for anything. She also didn't come to our table very often. Her poor service wouldn't keep me from coming back but it should be noted that she was rude.Special Features:
- Delicious mealPrairiequeenVIPDined on 10/21/2014We dine out alot in Chicago, but this was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. Everything was perfectly prepared. The server was knowledgeable and helpful. I am still thinking about that yummy meal a few days down the road.Special Features:
- awesome!LelleyVIPDined on 10/21/2014Shaws Crab House was so all around wonderful and great that on a recent business trip to Chicago we had dinner there three of the four nights we were there. Service was awesome, the seafood was incredible, fresh and prepared perfectly. And the look of the place is spectacular.Special Features:
- Great dining in Chicago!vivimarkDined on 10/20/2014This is our all time favorite fish restaurant in Chicago. A trip to Chicago without Shaw's is like a day without sunshine! Keep up the delicious food and great service! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Chicago traditionsabrinaVIPDined on 10/20/2014This was my first time here - and it was a great place. Granted, dinner for 4 with wine was more than $600 with tip yet the experience was worth it!Special Features:
- Shaw's4ColtsFansVIPDined on 10/20/2014We almost always visit Shaw's when in Chicago. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- Good FoodraviVIPDined on 10/20/2014Love the seafood salad, my only complaint was the shrimp still had part of the shell on it and the lobster did too and they forgot the exact requests for the salad. Service was great.
- BrunchFoodie02Dined on 10/19/2014Brunch was absolutely AMAZING!!!! I would go here every single time I was in Chicago for brunch...the best crab legs and cold seafood portion of a buffet!!!!Special Features:
- Nice placeLuvnicespotsDined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious. Took my guy friend out for sweetest day. Will dine there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The kind of seafood restaurant that we always want to find, but seldom come across. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unanimous !!LincolnParkNewbieDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner before a show at the Chicago Theatre - four of us, each ordering a different fish dinner. Everyone raved that they had picked the best dinner - fresh walleye, whitefish, perch... accompanied with excellent vegetable sides. The wine list was great. The server made the experience even better with is pleasant nature, and attention to detail and service. Although we needed to get in and out for the show, we never felt rushed!Special Features:
- Great ChoiceChicagosNo1fanDined on 10/18/2014Had a great meal - everything was fresh and delicious - Wife had Surf & Surf and I had Surf & Turf. Lobster and Fresh Red King Crab Legs (Shaw's specialty) were outstanding. Filet was great. I would recommend the Clam Chowder but my wife liked her Lobster Bisque better. Also, had California crab claw for an appetizer (a large claw was big enough to share - Jumbo probably not necessary and not worth the extra $10. Overall I think you can't go wrong eating at Shaw's but it was not cheap. With 3 glasses of wine, walked away with a little over $200 lighter- worth it though for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just becauseuboutit69Dined on 10/17/2014My girlfriend and I had an excellent dinner and drinks after a stressful week at work. It was what the doctor called for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaws' reputation sets expectationseaterouterDined on 10/17/2014We went on a busy Friday night- 4 of us. First, my open table reservation was not found, forcing us to have to wait. It gave us time to appreciate the great decor and to people watch. Shaws is a good scene to be in. When we were seated, wait staff was attentive to our needs. We ordered a nice bottle of wine and enjoyed the bread apps. The orders were taken promptly, but one of our soups did not come out with the other apps. We had to remind our server after our entrees were brought out. 2 seafood platters, one crab cake and one Lake Erie Walleye. The seafood platters were very good enough to order again. The crab cake was nice and the Walleye was tasty. Overall a nice evening, but not worth the cost given the options in Chicago.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningKarlDined on 10/17/2014Began a wonderful evening with the hostess welcoming us to Chicago and seating us exactly at our reservation time. Enjoyed dining on the calamari, swordfish & club room combination. All the food was very savory and cooked to perfection. It was my girlfriend's first visit to Chicago and dinner was a total hit. We'll enjoy coming back soon!Special Features:
- fresh dishes great servicejaybeeDined on 10/17/2014Great meal, we arrived a little late for our reservation but Shaws was able to accommodate us none the less. I had the salmon my wife had the scallops both were perfect. The service was attentive but not intrusive just right. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was just perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a fabulous meal and our waiter was attentive but not overbearing. It was a lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodedubrDined on 10/16/2014The lobster with Alaska crab are fantastic. This is the third time I have come to Shaw's, coming to Chicago for a medical conference. I hope to return to the Shaw's whenever I come to ChicagoSpecial Features:
- back at ShawsDandDined on 10/15/2014It has been a while since I have been back to Chicago. Shaws was as good as I remember. Service outstanding and daily fish specials were wonderful. Even found a nice Kistler Chardonnay on the wine list.Special Features:
- OutstandingEatitallDined on 10/15/2014Food and service were excellent as per usual! A great spot for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Is Not GoodSeafoodGuyDined on 10/14/2014I went to Shaw's for my wife's birthday and was thinking they would have one of the best seafoods in town. Not so much! The menu was full of boring foods. Yes, this is rated as one of the best, but it must be for people who like no flavor or twist to their food. I've been to way better seafood restaurants in Chicago and would never go back here due to its very expensive and bland food. If you like flavor and some spice in your food this is not the place to go at all.Special Features:
- GreatJPMBDined on 10/14/2014Great food, great bread. Had the lobster roll and it was amazing, sushi was good not great and my wife lives her key like pie and her Alaskan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a marvelous dinner startingBestdining4uDined on 10/13/2014starting with a fine drink at the bar we had been seated at wonderful covered table. The appetizer was excellent. The wine recommendation for the main course was professional. The service perfect. We will come back as soon as possible. Thanks for that romantic evening. Heidi and Helmut, Germany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014The waiter seemed arrogant and impatient. The promptness of the service was only satisfactory. Salmon shouldn't cost the same as prime rib or filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.