Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
21 East Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shawscrabhouse.com/
- Phone: 3125272722
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Lunch: 11:30am - 2pm; Monday - Thursday Dinner: 5:30pm - 10pm; Friday - Saturday Dinner: 5pm - 11pm; Sunday Dinner: 5pm - 9pm.
Sunday Brunch Buffet: 10:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Yves Roubaud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for details
- Private Party Facilities: For groups of 20 or more, we recommend getting a banquet menu available through our catering director.
- Private Party Contact: Dana Armon 3125272722
- Entertainment: Live Music in the Oyster Bar 3 Nights a Week!
Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday Nights, 7pm--No Cover!
- Special Events: Now serving Hotel-Style Sunday Brunch featuring classic breakfast fare, Chef prepared omelets & waffles and Shaw's specialties. Save room for the decadent sweet table!
A word from Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
774 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (437)good for groups (325)fit for foodies (293)neighborhood gem (190)romantic (175)vibrant bar scene (156)notable wine list (144)hot spot (137)great for lunch (134)great for brunch (113)kid-friendly (60)late-night find (39)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- fresh dishes great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Great meal, we arrived a little late for our reservation but Shaws was able to accommodate us none the less. I had the salmon my wife had the scallops both were perfect. The service was attentive but not intrusive just right. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- back at ShawsDandDined on 10/15/2014It has been a while since I have been back to Chicago. Shaws was as good as I remember. Service outstanding and daily fish specials were wonderful. Even found a nice Kistler Chardonnay on the wine list.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/15/2014Food and service were excellent as per usual! A great spot for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Is Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I went to Shaw's for my wife's birthday and was thinking they would have one of the best seafoods in town. Not so much! The menu was full of boring foods. Yes, this is rated as one of the best, but it must be for people who like no flavor or twist to their food. I've been to way better seafood restaurants in Chicago and would never go back here due to its very expensive and bland food. If you like flavor and some spice in your food this is not the place to go at all.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Great food, great bread. Had the lobster roll and it was amazing, sushi was good not great and my wife lives her key like pie and her Alaskan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a marvelous dinner startingBestdining4uDined on 10/13/2014starting with a fine drink at the bar we had been seated at wonderful covered table. The appetizer was excellent. The wine recommendation for the main course was professional. The service perfect. We will come back as soon as possible. Thanks for that romantic evening. Heidi and Helmut, Germany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2014The waiter seemed arrogant and impatient. The promptness of the service was only satisfactory. Salmon shouldn't cost the same as prime rib or filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quedo a deberivania7Dined on 10/12/2014Falta sazón a los platillos, caro para lo que ofrecen.
- Amazing brunchTerryDined on 10/12/2014I have never seen such a seafood buffet in my entire life. These guys have this down to a science. Kudos to this team!Special Features:
- Brunch was great!KristinDined on 10/12/2014Shaw's Sunday brunch was excellent with hot and cold seafood galore! Don't love seafood?? Head to the omelette station, grab waffles, enjoy the beef tenderloin! Our party feasted on the crab legs and enjoyed many of the other selections. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BrunchChicagodinerDined on 10/12/2014I took my mom and sister here to celebrate their birthdays and it was one of my very best dining experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice & Classic!diningdivasDined on 10/12/2014We loved dining at Shaw's for our birthday celebration. Our group of six enjoyed an uncrowded, well-stocked, tasty spread during Shaw's Sunday brunch. Hot items were delicious, cold items (oysters, crab, shrimp, sushi)- just delightful! The omelette bar and spread of delectable sweet treats were great touches that made the experience even more special. We will return very soon!Special Features:
- Best Brunch Ever!coolbeansDined on 10/12/2014I was so glad to be able to celebrate my daughter's birthday in such an elegant, kid friendly atmosphere. The staff was extremely attentive and just made the experience memorable that it is a must that we go back again and again. We all had a great time. The food was divine and plentiful. My two year even ate his fair share of items. It was an even amount of cold and hot items and the desert bar alone makes us want to rush back! We are looking forward to that time. I loved it!!!!!!Special Features:
- Just OKGreatVIPDined on 10/11/2014service is Ok but check in reminds me of a TGIF or Chilis they give you a buzzer does not fit a 4 or 5 star p0lace . The food is just Ok beware it can be pricey may nort ever go back
- Not so good this tripDisappointedDined on 10/11/2014We have been to Shaws quite a few time and normally it is THE place to go for seafood in downtown Chicago. Wasn't quite the case on this trip. our crablegs (at $63 per plate) were cold and rubbery... for $32 there were only 4 scallops (i can get 4 for $6 at Red Lobster that were just as good), the service was slower than normal and when we dined the dining room was about 1/4 full, so it wasn't due to a heavy crowd. Was a pretty dissappointing experience as we bragged and bragged about Shaws to our guests and they too were less than impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after theatre.lunch101Dined on 10/11/2014Love the food and ambience. Early dinner of surf and turf was superbly done. Service was top notch. Never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood loversfoodluvaDined on 10/11/2014A fantastic place for seafood lovers. The Alaskan King Crab legs are the signature dish at this establishment for good reason! Oysters, calamari, fish, lobster are high level. Even the steak in the surf and turf is great.Special Features:
- Love love loveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014We had an exceptional experience at Shaw's Crab House, despite showing up 30 minutes late for our reservation. The traffic in the city was crazy slow due to the Marathon, so I called ahead to let them know we would be late. They were very understanding and said our table would be waiting on us when we arrived. They weren't kidding. We were taken immediately to our table and couldn't have been happier from then on. The food was exceptional and service exceeded our expectations. I never once felt like we were rushed. We will definitely be coming back to Shaw's!Special Features:
- DJOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/10/2014Venerable Chicago institution and worthy of the reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieCatDined on 10/9/2014We went back here after many years and our dinner was excellent. The decor looked familiar and possibly could use a little upgrade, but we didn't really notice that while dining on walleye stuffed with very fresh crab and the freshest of halibut. Reception was professional and cordial. Perfect martini, kudos to the bartender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likestastyfoodVIPDined on 10/9/2014Loved everything about this restaurant. We were seated right away according to our reservation time. The waiter was very pleasant and accommodating, the food very good and a large variety of food. Not too loud, you could actually converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi from Costco was equal to thisHonestTruthDined on 10/9/2014So...the food was filling, but I've had sushi from Costco that tasted the same as Shaw's. The waiter only recommended the highest priced items which was hilarious. The help that brought out the dishes, water, etc were on the ball. For $150 and 1 glass of wine each...not what you'd expect.Special Features:
- Excellent Ambiance Service and FoodRIdinerVIPDined on 10/8/2014On a recent visit to Chicago my wife and I dined at Shaw's. The atmosphere was energetic, the service was excellent and the food was fantastic. The oysters Rockefeller were some of the best we ever had as was the lobster pasta dish. The wine list was reasonably priced with a nice variety. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- It's OKSupercalioDined on 10/7/2014It was my first time here. It's a good place for seafood place, but very noisy. My crab legs were a bit over cooked and dry but still quite edible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceCrabCakesDined on 10/7/2014We enjoyed appetizers, entrees, and dessert. The experience was...amazing. THE BEST Crab Cake in the midwest - truly. Our waiter suggested the Key Lime Pie for dessert, and he did not steer us wrong. Someday we are going to sit at the bar eating oysters and enjoying a beer, but I enjoyed my half dozen at the table tasting a couple of spoonfuls of my wife's Lobster Bisque. It had been a number of years since we had eaten at Shaw's downtown Chicago location. We will not wait so long to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea foodJannieVIPDined on 10/6/2014Best sea food in Midwest. Always fresh. Betsy oysters not on the oceanSpecial Features:
- Shaw'sJohnBCVIPDined on 10/5/2014I have been going to Shaw's ever since it opened its doors and found the total dining experience consistently great. The gumbo, salads and the fresh fish and scallops are very tastey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrammoMomBayDined on 10/5/2014Our Brunch at Shaw's was outstanding. The food was delicious, the wait staff was sensational. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Awesome Sunday BrunchGhostRunnerDined on 10/5/2014A wide variety of excellent food. The raw bar alone is worth a visit but there is so much more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience at Shaw'swilliamDined on 10/4/2014Great food and excellent service this time. We typically have great service. Front room adjacent to the bar is a little distracting but still a great environment. Walleye was great as well as the scallops. When ordering the sorbet, be aware that one order easily serves two.Special Features:
- We Had A Great Evening!BryanandMary1984Dined on 10/4/2014Hello, Shaw's Crab House! We went to Shaw's on Saturday night to celebrate my husband's birthday. There was eight of us and they put us in this lovely private room. Our food was superb. The waiter was fantastic and he had a great smile on his face. I wish that I could remember his name. All in all, it was great evening.... Thank you-- The Durkin FamilySpecial Features:
- Satisfying Seafoodjhj69Dined on 10/4/2014Shaws did not disappoint. I enjoyed my dining experience. The wait staff was great and the food was delicious. I have no complaints and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Shaws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As AdvertisedBranson4Dined on 10/3/2014Everything from the Oysters to the Grand Cold Platter to the crab stuffed lobster was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaikieJDined on 10/3/2014Will thoroughly recommend this restaurant to any friends visiting Chicago. The clam chowder was excellent. The service was first class and the dining room had a warm and welcoming ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Enjoyable SpotAlanVIPDined on 10/3/20141st timer twice for lunch. Loved the old world charm and decor. Wide menu selection. Very flavorable food. Great crab and asparagus omeltte and french toast. Service very attentive, friendly, knowledgeable and funny. Listed address and actual location can be confusing. A must visit. Thnx and see you next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service sucksStovetopp04Dined on 10/2/2014Service was extremely slow. Host were not welcoming. Took 15 min for drinks. Forgot order couple times. Overall poor poor service.
- Fantastic time.KristenDined on 10/2/2014Servers are great. Very respectful and knowledgable. GREAT food. I've never seen my boyfriend eat so SLOW. He enjoyed every bite. They brought cake out at the end. I didn't even ask for it! Thanks for the great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enoughKathyDined on 10/2/2014While we didn't have much to complain about, none in our party of 5 were really wowed by our selections, either. Prices seem to have gone up; we used to go to Shaws as our second choice to a pricier seafood house, but now I think Shaws is more expensive than our first choice. The one dessert that my husband was really looking forward to on a dessert sampler was substituted without explanation, although the server went out of her way to make it right once she realized that he noticed.Special Features:
- Classic ChicagoDBA1Dined on 10/1/2014You step into a classic Chicago style restaurant. Seafood was top notch. A fun place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlexibleMomSaysVIPDined on 9/30/2014They aim to please. Large menu. Good bar/wines. Have a nibble or a big celebration. Very attentive service. Fresh oysters, good sushi & fish but have meat options too.Special Features: