Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
21 East Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shawscrabhouse.com/
- Phone: 3125272722
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday Lunch: 11:30am - 2pm; Monday - Thursday Dinner: 5:30pm - 10pm; Friday - Saturday Dinner: 5pm - 11pm; Sunday Dinner: 5pm - 9pm.
Sunday Brunch Buffet: 10:00am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Yves Roubaud
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for details
- Private Party Facilities: For groups of 20 or more, we recommend getting a banquet menu available through our catering director.
- Private Party Contact: Dana Armon 3125272722
- Entertainment: Live Music in the Oyster Bar 3 Nights a Week!
Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday Nights, 7pm--No Cover!
- Special Events: Now serving Hotel-Style Sunday Brunch featuring classic breakfast fare, Chef prepared omelets & waffles and Shaw's specialties. Save room for the decadent sweet table!
A word from Shaw's Crab House - Chicago
Big and Bustling, Shaw's Crab House stands as a monument to fish and seafood. Besides the usual popular dishes, Shaw's management team is passionate about presenting treats such as Pacific salmon, fresh king crab, and smelt during their short seasons. Reservations made through Open Table will be for Shaw's Main Dining Room. If you would like to dine in the Oyster Bar, all seating is on a first come first serve basis.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Shaw's Crab House - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
779 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (448)good for groups (323)fit for foodies (289)neighborhood gem (186)romantic (179)vibrant bar scene (153)notable wine list (153)great for lunch (141)hot spot (132)great for brunch (115)kid-friendly (60)late-night find (38)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Restaurant takes you back in time where great service an attention to detail matters. Management and staff very friendly and accomodatingSpecial Features:
- Really fresh oysters!SophiaDined on 9/27/2014As stated above... Oysters were definitely the outstanding part of our meal. Very fresh and worth the $$$. Service was good too. No complaints but I probably won't be back for a full dinner, just oysters and wine for me!Special Features:
- A Place not to MissLindaVIPDined on 9/27/2014During our three-night Chicago visit, we had dinner there twice. I AM the FOODIE in the group (write rest. reviews in CA) and LOVED my Oysters Rockefeller!!! And, the Key Lime Pie is over the top. Crab cakes were a hit, too.Special Features:
- WonderfulchicagofoodieDined on 9/27/2014It's been a few years since we last visited Shaw's Crab House and all I can say is that it's as wonderful as the last time we ate there! The food, as always, is outstanding - fresh, expertly prepared, and generous portions. Our cocktails were perfect and the wine list offered many choices. The service was excellent - attentive without being obtrusive. The restaurant has great ambiance and decor - retro without being cartoonish, a very natural old school charm. We also loved that we were able to have a conversation without having to compete with loud music and other diners (and this was even in a full and busy dining room). Overall, an outstanding experience - we'll definitely return to this fabulous restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crying baby night?!?JZMjzmVIPDined on 9/27/2014Was surprised to have dinner at Shaws disrupted by crying, screaming babies at 7 PM on a Saturday. Disappointed that none of the wait staff either said something to the patrons or to the manager if they didn't feel it was their place. When we asked out waiter if they get many screaming babies, he said no and explained these were new parents out for the 1st time w/an 11-week old. I am sympathetic to the parents, but do not think my dinner should have to be impacted. Maybe their 1st night out should have been someplace more casual? My company was great, we had fun, but neither of us are eager to go back.
- Great FoodTMasseyDined on 9/27/2014Awesome as always. A little noisy but good service. Sign up for their email list and get $25 off $50!Special Features:
- worth every moment. service excelleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014It was most enjoyable.We were a party of four and everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- justhermanDined on 9/26/2014I visited Shaw's for my anniversary after having been away for 30 years. The crowd was busier, the food as wonderful as I remembered , and the general experience was beautiful.Special Features:
- expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Atmosphere is amazing. Old style supper club feeling. I fully expected to see Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra walk though the door! Our server was just okay. Didn't feel neglected exactly, but felt more like an afterthought I guess. I will say the secondary staff was terrific. They were on top of things. Had the grilled halibut and it was disappointing. Tasteless. The clarified butter had a funny aftertaste too, maybe burned?? I would try them again though. I have a feeling they can do much better.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014I liked our server quite a bit; she was attentive and have me my dessert for free after learning it was my 30th. The kitchen dragged a lot; it didn't seem ridiculously busy for a Friday night, so I'm not sure what the problem was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopping diner-esque bar happyhourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014We went for a 5pm happy hour and upon arrival asked to be seated in the more lively pub/diner. It was separate from the formal dining room. The energy was great, service was pretty good, prices comparable with every thing else in river north. (Not cheap, but can't really beat the location/quality/atmosphere).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014We had a party of 5 people for my son's 9th birthday. We really enjoyed our dinner at Shaw's. The service was top notch and the food was great. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- EnjoyableLawyer34Dined on 9/22/2014Had a great meal. Loved the oysters and the fish. Ambience from a bygone era. A great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Old Style Chicago!MartinDined on 9/22/2014I love this place not only for the fantastic food, but the overall décor and ambiance speak Old Style Chicago at its Best! It's a great place for business or personal enjoyment and has the best seafood in the city...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!!IzzyluvsfoodDined on 9/21/2014Went to shaw's after a recommendation we received from a local couple as we walked down north michigan ave... Fabulous fish & seafood with great service!!! Close to chicago theatre as we were headed to a show!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodlvrVIPDined on 9/21/2014Went for the seafood brunch. It was fantastic. Nice hot and cold selections, Great service, etc. looking forward to the next time.Special Features:
- Oysters, oysters, oysters!HedyVIPDined on 9/21/2014On Sunday noon I wanted oysters and where else but to Shaw's. I did not know they had a Sunday brunch and what a brunch it was. All the seafood you could possibly want plus everything else you would normally find in a Sunday brunch. Fabulous! And I had my fill of various kinds of oysters. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Great brunch placelivetoeat21Dined on 9/21/2014Had a wonderful time at Shaw's Crab House in Chicago! There were seven of us in the group and made our reservation thru Open Table. They called us back to confirm our reservation the day before and was all ready for us when we arrived the next day - no waiting at all! Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating and the food was very good. There were hot and cold food buffet along with a very delicious dessert buffet. We would definitely come back when we visit Chicago again!Special Features:
- CREDITBOSSDined on 9/21/20142 experiences so far for me & my girlfriend dinner was great and the breakfest brunch is amazing from the food & drinks all the way to the staff which makes it great starting point for our sunday fun day.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchMsDineAlotVIPDined on 9/21/2014We keep coming back for brunch on Sunday's. Love it! A great variety of food. Love the sushi! The service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a good lobsterVeronicaDined on 9/20/2014Loved the lobster and the service was great. The ambiance was excelent . Dont forget to make a reservation as it is quite full at dinner time.Special Features:
- Another wonderful experienceSueandAlDined on 9/20/2014Our favorite go to place when in the city. Location is convenient to shopping and the river north area. Great neighborhood for music after dinner. Be sure to have the sushi and lobster bisque, always top knotch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shaws ChicagoBaxtemDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding fresh seafood, oysters, crab appetizers and yellow fin tuna. Brad our waiter most helpful ( 17 years at Shaws ) You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, great service and our 5 year old loved the crab legs! Well done Shaws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014reminds me of an "old" (in a good way) 1920s-1930s restaurant - very nice atmosphere and nice staff. Food was good. even though there was a 3 page menu, the fish/shellfish selection was limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overratedsnc215Dined on 9/19/2014The food was mediocre. I ordered halibut steak which was supposed to be grilled and arrived baked, overlooked, and under seasoned with the consistency of sawdust. When I returned it I waited 20 minutes for a replacement. I decided on salmon. The salmon was undercooked and under seasoned. I did have a teaspoon of sauce in a tiny dish on the plate which lasted for one bite. I did not send it back but left immediately and will not return.
- Awesome venue!hanschdude23Dined on 9/18/2014Brought my boss from out of town here and we had a great time on a Thursday night with live blues music, great booze and delicious fried garlic shrimp, sushi and raw oysters. Yum! We highly recommend this as a fun place with awesome food and wonderful service! A real Chicago gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Evening!!CabezaDined on 9/18/2014Best meal we had in Chicago. Would go back next time we visit Chicago. Simply delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Too much hustle and bustle .. They tried to serve us some one else's food. They kept setting huge trays down near my head. Very uncomfortable. Too hurried.
- Early dinner at Shaw's Crab HouseLarryBenDined on 9/18/2014We happened to walk by Shaw's Crab House on our first visit to Chicago in more than 30 years and thought it looked like a good place to get some seafood. It's entrance is on a rather gloomy lower-level street, but it's a much more extensive restaurant than it appears from the outside. My wife made a complete meal of a crab cake appetizer and salad, while I had an excellent yellow fin tuna. She said it was the best crab cake she can remember eating (and we lived in Alexandria, VA, from 1992-2000 and often ate in my home town of Annapolis!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of HypeFishVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is a famous place. It was my first time and everything was okay. I will certainly give it another chance.Special Features:
- Food2dieforDined on 9/16/2014Service was on its game, the quality of the food was a 5 star. Overall enjoyed ShawsSpecial Features:
- If Fish is you thingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Shaws is a Classic restaurant. The best fish in the Midwest. First class great service. Perfect for business and large groups.Special Features:
- In town visit!Dick83Dined on 9/16/2014Wow, what a place for fresh seafood in the heart of the country. The menu is almost overwhelming.....but for a first timer try the Shaw Seafood Platter...sauteed, not fried. Wash it down with a Ferrari Carrano Fume Blanc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Very good Restaurant. The Crab legs amazing and The Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AACBBABCGBTGOGDined on 9/15/2014Excellent food and superb service. Allison, Melissa and Antonio particularly make you feel welcome and well taken care of. It is not an act, they really care about the customers. The kitchen and bar all work hard to accommodate special request. And the jazz music playing is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKennethDined on 9/14/2014On the advice of the of the hotel we found what is more likly Chicago's top restaurant for sea food, total experince was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Excellent Brunch BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Everything on the buffet was top quality. The king crab, oysters, crab cakes, beef tenderloin and much more were good enough to be made to order dishes and not typical buffet fare taste or quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising Great BrunchEAdinerDined on 9/14/2014I have always enjoyed dinner/late night dining here,and now amazed with Brunch! I got an email Brunch invite, and decided to check it out. I went with my family(some of whom dressed quite casually) including 2 kids. The brunch was spectacular both pleasing to the eye and palate. The kids had plenty of things to enjoy-not the least of which was a sweet table including cotton candy!! The adults were equally pleased from the omelette/waffle station, to the carved tenderloin, king crab legs with drawn butter, maki and MUCH MORE!! The cost was reasonable in general, but as kids EAT FREE, felt like a steal. Will most definitely return with MORE people all dressed much nicer. PS they were quite kind and accepting about the hoodie dress faux pas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- King crab and Oysters were amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Definitely worth going just for those two food items, but the drinks and desserts were also really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.