900 Chambersburg Rd
Gettysburg, PA 17325Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sharpshootersgrille.com/
- Phone: 7173344598x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 7:00am - 10:00am
Friday & Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Orrin Wells
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room seats approximately 40 guest, specializing in Served Dinner or Buffet. Ideal room for a Cocktail Party or meeting.
- Private Party Contact: Tom McPherson 7173344332x
- Entertainment: We provide live Entertainment on Friday and Saturdays and Special Events. Also we have poker tournaments and Trivia throughout the week.
A word from Sharpshooters Grill
Located in Historical Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, this historical building has been developed into a Casual and relaxing atmosphere. The specialties of Sharpshooters Grille are from the area's largest Craft Beer menu to the Martini Bar or even those who would prefer to Smoke in the private Smokehouse Lounge. We feature Hot and Cold beverages and friendly conversation. Enjoy weekly entertainment, daily specials, and great food inside or outside on our deck. Play a game of Pool, Darts, Foosball or video games.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Sharpshooters Grill - Best Restaurants in Gettysburg ›
Sharpshooters Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Ted is the Man!VLPinNorthernVADined on 8/7/2014I think if it were brighter inside, the noise level from the bar crowd was muffled, and the buzzer on the beer cooler was non-existent, it would get 5 stars. We had the best waiter! Ted went out of his way to make our experience a good one. My sister-in-law is diabetic, being blind and very hard of hearing; she was having a rough night with her sugar level and nothing was tasting right to her. He never complained or made any negative remarks about the constant attempts on our part to find something that would please her. My brother ordered the T-bone steak medium and it was cooked perfectly. His wife had 2 amazingly large pieces of fried fish that made you immediately want it! Mom and I ordered the filet mignon and they were fork tender.Special Features:
- Delightful Birthday CelebrationdianejwDined on 7/26/2014After a day touring Gettysburg, this was a friendly and welcoming place for dinner. Food is unpretentious, but still very good - burgers are especially tasty! They have a very nice selection of beers and wines, and the wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will certainly be eating there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeMerryMee23Dined on 7/4/2014My husband and I were in Gettysburg for the weekend. I did a little research for places to eat and found this restaurant listed in Open Table. Sounded like a nice place . . . and it was! Nice menu variety. Fun, relaxed atmosphere. And the service was great! I would highly recommend this place to any "out of towners".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceEnjoyinglifeDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I both ordered steak dinners cooked medium. They both came out medium rare which I expected from my restaurant days. This meant that mine was perfect but my wife had to send her's back for more grill time. This seemed to be no problem and she received her steak cooked the way she wanted it. Ted, our server, did his best to make sure that we enjoyed the evening, and, we did enjoy the evening. Great bar if you like to try different types of microbrews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ASdineDined on 6/25/2014Food was great. Nice atmosphere. Service was great. Not slow at all as stated in other reviews. Staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bar scene w decent wingsradiantlyyoursDined on 6/7/2014Their medium wings were really yummy. The hot was just pure hotness but not our favorite flavor. The garlic parm ones just tasted like chicken wings smothered in butter. We did not enjoy them at all. The wings themselves were the perfect sized and fried to perfection though. We also got the artichoke dip which was tasty but the chips that came with it were stale. So definitely expect bar quality food but depending on ur taste buds you might find their wings the best around. Our waitress was great but we had laughable service once before. So it probably depends on who your server is and how busy they are. Overall we would go again if we were craving wings (just not get the parm ones) Oh and they have one of the best beer lists around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in a casual atmospheresherbearDined on 5/11/2014Went there for mother's day. Actually ate out on the porch. food was very good. I had the halibut special baked in parchment paper and my husband had a pulled pork sandwich. Shared chicken potstickers. Not fancy, but just very relaxing.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Sharpshooters Grill reviews archive.
- Reservation Did Not WorkSomewhatDisappointedDined on 4/30/2014We reserved online, and had a confirmation; but when we arrived at the correct time the person seating customers knew nothing about it, so we waited for a table as if we had not made the reservation. The place was crowded, and it was a substantial wait. So we went to the bar, but it took quite a while for someone to serve us. I ordered a glass of Cabernet, and they were out of it(!) After this bad start, things got better. Our server was pleasant, the food was good, and they made my steak medium rare as ordered rather than burning it (which seems common these days). So I would go again, but not at the busy dinner time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2014Service was extremely slow/more then 45 minutes to receive our order. Hate to see it on a busy night! Our food was not cooked appropriately and for the price wasn't worth it. The smoke detector kept going off the entire time we were there which was very disruptive.
- Surprise in GettysburgChucjDined on 3/16/2014Cozy table by the fireplace on a blustery day, with a hot bowl of delicious Cheeseburger Soup. Come on; feggetaboutit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atsuefrVIPDined on 3/8/2014This was our first time at Sharpshooters--casual bar scene I would say. We had the bison burger (very good--my first ime!) and quesadilla wich was also good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddrshDined on 2/21/2014I've stayed overnight at the Herr's Ridge Inn and enjoyed the food and accommodations very much. This is supposed to be the casual dining off-shoot of the fine dining experience at the Inn. The atmosphere was average, although they did have the gas fireplaces burning on a cold, windy day. The service was average and for most of the time we were the only patrons there. The food was terrible. A tomato corn soup was nothing more than pasta sauce with corn in it. A friend got a quesadilla that was cold with not very much filling. My chicken parm was salty and over-cooked. Even the Pepsi was flat. The coffee was cold and tasted like it had been in the pot for hours. The cheeseburger soup was tasty, but that's about it.
- Nice little findLTEODined on 1/18/2014We stayed at Herr Ridge for the weekend and didn't particularly want the "fine dining", but something low key. This place was perfect--a walk across the parking lot-- and quite a bit to choose from on the menu. My only complaint would be the situation of the lamps over the booths. They are almost in your face. All the booths seemed to be set up like that--we both sat on the other side of the booth to avoid the lamp in our face! The pretzel appetizer was enough to go back again and again! Our server was excellent; knowledgable about the beers and food being served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't ask for morePegasus70Dined on 11/16/2013My family, in a group of 10, recently had dinner at Sharpshooters. From our appetizers to our desserts, we were all very pleased. Appetizers included Oysters Rockefeller, nachos and steamed clams. I'd highly recommend all three. The Oysters Rockefeller were excellent and I'm craving them, as I write this. The nachos with chicken were very tasty as were the steamed clams. Entrees included horseradish encrusted flat iron steak, prime rib and crab cakes. Without exception, each entree was well prepared and left us very satisfied. Desserts included the brownie sundae and cheesecake. You can't go wrong with homemade brownies and ice cream. The cheesecake was also fabulous. We will definitely return to Sharpshooters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLizzDined on 10/25/2013The atmosphere was casual. Perfect after a day of being outside. The appetizers were good. Entrees were ok. Good beer selections. The service was GREAT! Everyone was very attentive from the time we walked in the door. We will go back just because all the staff made us feel like we were their guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDss1223Dined on 10/5/2013Loved everything about it!! Food was great, service great, atmosphere great... I would highly recommend trying this place if your in the area....I would recommend this to a friend.
- average restaurantchowhoundDined on 9/21/2013Food was fine, service was good, ambience was mediocre, Tv in background was playing retro TV series (pretty boring as a dinner background). Overall nothing special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay place to eat for GettysburgALbertoDined on 9/16/2013The food was just okay The place needs to be up dated. Very dark and dated. Service was good.Special Features:
- Great restaurantlovetoeatDined on 8/28/2013The service was great and the food was really good. We enjoyed the atmosphere. Took our two Gettysburg college daughters to dinner here and would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where the locals go!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2013It was out of the downtown of Gettysburg, which turned out to be great! We hit the spot where the locals go! Food was very good, nice bar menu, great beer selection! Just a side not they have live music that does start at 9 on weekends, so keep that in mind if you don't like to eat during a major guitar solo! You can always hang around and enjoy after dinner!Special Features:
- Something for everyonekswizzzDined on 7/3/2013Came here during the events of Gettysburg 150th, was pleasantly surprised that the massive crowds didn't affect our dining. Waitstaff was very friendly and knowledgeable! The menu was the best part, we came with two picky eaters and there was such a wide range of items on the menu that everyone left full and happy. Would come here again in the future, as well as recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great HospitalityboyneboyDined on 7/2/2013A group of 17 of us were in town for the 150th Gettysburg celebrations and we tried Sharpshooters because it was near where we were staying (just outside of town near the seminary) and would take group reservations via open table. Its good food but the staff and manager go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. Not many restaurants that will do individual checks for 17, call to see if you want a table for the next day, and even have a local brewmaster come over and do tasting with us - just outstanding. Kudos to the managers and staff for making our stay a great one.Special Features:
- yumiheartfoodDined on 5/26/2013Our new favorite! Beer selection is amazing! Service is outstanding. Great prices on daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday during Memorial Day Wknd.SoccerDadDined on 5/25/2013Server kept complaining that another employee called off. My wife asked if their was an end cut for the prime rib and would prefer that selection. Funny - table behind us who placed their order 10 minutes after our order was sent in asked for the same thing - guess what, they received the end cut. The prime rib we received were the thinnest cuts I have ever seen. Food was good, but I can honestly say I do not think we would go back. The bartender did step in to make sure the guests glasses in our room were kept filled which was admirable.
- Love this place!!Tricia23Dined on 5/19/2013One of the less talked about places to eat in Gettysburg, we LOVE Sharpshooters! The food is excellent and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We highly recommend Sharpshooters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The grill is a bith out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013The grill is a bith out of town, but worth the drive. The crab cakes were excellent, and the ribs were good. The craft beer selection was excellent. Prices waere very reasonable.Special Features:
- Absolutely great experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/1/2013Absolutely great experience... great server... we went there twotimes.... both times wonderful. Loved it.Special Features:
- Decent food at a reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Decent food at a reasonable price. Close to Gettysburg. Server was new, so that may have contributed to those problems. But, decent enough, and close enough to merit a return visit.