2519 Gulf Drive North
Bradenton Beach, FL 34217Neighborhood:
Anna Maria Island
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sharkysseagrill.com/
- Phone: 9417799151
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Dinner: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: CHEF ANTON LULGJURI
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night
- Entertainment: Wednesday to Saturday Lounge style Music -Vocalists on Keyboard/piano
A word from Sharky's Seagrill
Landmark Eatery est.1998- - Enjoy Freshest Seafood and Gourmet Specialties -Well stocked Bar, Imported Beers and Fine Wines -Upscale casual setting with emphases on Tasteful Cuisine and Caring Hospitality-It has been said that restaurant is a labor of love and it has been ours for nearly three decades-Award Wining Chef Anton & Wife Marie - Welcome You. Join us for an exceptional value of Fine fare and live entertainment for a memorable experienceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sharky's Seagrill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great local pubOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/5/2012We had a late night dinner on a Tuesday. The shark bite app was good. My friend got the chowder he liked it and I had the fish trio which had swordfish, escolar and mahi mahi. It would have been nice to have a little more veg. The waitress was very good and the Brûlée dessert was good also. Would go back again for maybe the prime rib deal from 4-6pm.Special Features:
- The early bird specials wereOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/6/2012The early bird specials were a pleasant surprise. The restaurant is a bit dated. The food was average to a little above.
- THE FOOD HERE WAS VERY GOOD-OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2012THE FOOD HERE WAS VERY GOOD- SERVICE GOOD- HOMEY KIND OF RESTAURANT- NOT BIG
- Took us well over an hourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2012Took us well over an hour to get our dinner because the kitchen was "backed up" even though the restaurant was not crowded. When we left we noticed the chef sitting at an outdoor table next to the kitchen window reading the paper while his workers were running around in the kitchen. Sorry we wasted a night here when there are so many better options on Anna Maria Island.
- Seriously DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Four of us went to celebrate my birthday. Reserved online, arrived by trolley 20 minutes early. Front of house welcome unsmiling - felt like we were intruding. No room in bar area, but despite tables clearly being prepared we were kept waiting for 20 minutes in the doorway. No apology or explanation. Waiter surly. After 1 hr we'd only had our appetiser. No apology, vague excuses about kitchen being overwhelmed. I had filet mignon medium-rare which had clearly been waiting for the rest of the order as it arrived barely tepid and with cold veg. The waiter's scruffy tie caressed one of the meals on delivery. The bill was wrong (overcharged on wine). Complained to owner; still no apology. No tip left. Was tempted to not pay.
- Surprising good-food selectionBoscobelVIPDined on 2/10/2012Surprising good-food selection serves every taste and is well prepared,with special requests for changing the details met perfectly! Service was very friendly and attentive. Lively place so noise level is spirited. Go and enjoy!Special Features:
- First time patrons, broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2012First time patrons, brought friends from NY who were visiting. Three of the four ate Prime Rib, cooked as ordered, exceptional, fish platter was very tasty. Food was served hot and the service was excellent. A very nice evening. Thank You
- Good food and great location.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2012Good food and great location. The service was excellent but slightly over priced.Special Features:
- Best place on Anna Maria IslandNipperDined on 2/4/2012When on vacation away nothing is greater than having a dining experience with a know outcome. Sharkey's offers a great menu, with nightly fresh fish specials. Tonight we had dinner with family from Syracuse and the experience was wonderful. The four of us all ordered different entrees and each was exceptional, flavored perfectly, hot and fresh. Tammy our server engaged with us as a friend who did not want to disapoint us. Nothing greater than food & drinks that offers great value & a wonderful experience. Visiting this area make Sharkeys a must do place to dine. Thanks to Maria, Anton and staff.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere and great foodTinaDined on 2/3/2012We chose to dine at Sharky's because it was within walking distance of where we were staying and we didn't feel like driving anywhere. From the outside, this place looks very casual, but when we opened the door and went in, it actually has an upscale ambiance - dark wood, intricate crown molding, and fancy ceilings (thanks to ceiling tin that apparently used to belong to the Sarasota library, from what our server told us). There was a guy playing music and singing, so we had live entertainment, and it was nice because the volume still allowed us to carry on a conversation. Service was attentive. The food was very good, and the sangria was delicious! Definitely recommend to someone looking for a nice place to have dinner.Special Features:
- GEM on the Island.NipperDined on 2/3/2012We were wxcited about returning to Sharky's and we were NOT disappointed. The welcome was just like we left last winter. Maria (owner & bar tender) made us feel like long lost family. Music tempo and sound level were perfect. My wife and I ordered two of the evening specials and they were both GREAT, nothing better than a fresh fish dinner. Tom our server was polite,engaged and spaced our dinner perfectly. We will be back many more times with family and friend. This is a GEM on Anna Marie Island, make a reservation at this gem.Special Features:
- Perfect for a diverse arrayAngelVIPDined on 2/3/2012Perfect for a diverse array of fresh seafood as well as other deletable items. Superb service from Rebecca; smart, knowledgeable, efficient, and courteous. Chef gives attention to every detail in creating the menu to perfect preparation and presentation. Next time we're on or near Anna Maria Island we'll return.Special Features:
- The cosmopolitan martini wasRuthDined on 1/11/2012The cosmopolitan martini was excellent and so were the shark bites.Special Features:
- Saw nothing but positive reviewsKimHoVIPDined on 12/27/2011Saw nothing but positive reviews on Sharkys so we gave it a try. We were very disappointed. Nothing seemed fresh, and the soup that came with the entree was so overly salted it was inedible. I ordered pan roasted salmon, it was dry and flavorless. My daughter ordered pasta that was overcooked and mushy. The server brought over a dessert platter with treats on it that looked like they have been sitting there since the 90's. The worst part was that none of it was cheap.
- A Great Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/3/2011We ended up at Sharky's when our original plans fell through. At first, we were hesitant since it looked to be more bar than restaurant and we are far more into food than the bar scene. We were tired and hungry so we gave it a chance. Glad we did! Our first surprise was the list of daily specials because they were so creative. Everything was just great and we will go again when we are back in the area. Food and service were terrific with large portions and fair prices. A live singer added to the enjoyment of the evening!Special Features:
- Lovely local restaurant withPinkbirdVIPDined on 11/23/2011Lovely local restaurant with extensive fish choices.
- We love'd it when we werebrunchVIPDined on 11/14/2011We love'd it when we were there ANTON and MARIA make you feel at home, the food was good and all the staff were nice. We will go back when we go back to SarasotaSpecial Features:
- My 11yr old daughter & I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011My 11yr old daughter & I went for the prime rib early bird special on a Saturday night. It was excellent, as were the side vegetables and the caesar salad (we especially liked the salad dressing). We shared the Forest Berry Torte for dessert - with fresh currants - it was delicious. It was a great meal, with attentive service - Highly recommended!Special Features:
- They had me at "escargot"OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011They had me at "escargot" ... tender & flavorful. Grilled seabass was fresh, cooked just right & perfect with the orange ginger sauce. Excellent service. Will definitely be back the nect time we visit AMISpecial Features:
- Perfect for tourists and locals.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011Perfect for tourists and locals. Great food, outstanding service, a real nice place. The bar was impressive and the menu wants you to come back and try something else.Special Features:
- Real good food and valueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2011Food was very good and priced well. Sharkey's also handles kids / families well. There were several tables with kids when we were there. One of the best dinners we had on AMI. Would go back for sure on next trip.Special Features:
- Coconut shrimp was good.dinnerVIPDined on 7/24/2011Coconut shrimp was good. Great that serves late should you go to a play.Special Features:
- The Fish was excellent,theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2011The Fish was excellent,the live Friday night dinner music was great. The service was very good with no rush to get us done. This was a very good experience since it was our first time in Sharky's Seagrill. We will be back to enjoy this neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Excellent fresh fish entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2011Fresh fish entrees and specials were wonderful. Soup du jour was great. We will definitely go again when we come back next year.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it very much. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011Enjoyed it very much. Food was great and our waiter was terrific..Special Features:
- My wife and I went there forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2011My wife and I went there for our date night. Trying something new we were extremely happy with what we got. Off the main drag of the island this little place was sure to surprise. We both enjoyed our food greatly. The specials were great and for a great price. Awesome waiter named Phil is sure to please guests. The only down side-- Lack of parking spotsSpecial Features:
- The food was very good andPinkbirdVIPDined on 4/17/2011The food was very good and specials were also inventive and value-priced. Only one waitress for entire dining room really made service slow. She did her best, but she had too many tables.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2011Wonderful experience. The service was great. The food was awesome.Special Features:
- Nice place, good food andJayKayVIPDined on 3/26/2011Nice place, good food and really nice waitstaff. Would definitely go back! We were in a booth, a bit uncomfortable...
- Casual dining-okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2011The food was fine although we found the portions a bit small, and we are Canadian! The big flaw in a pleasant experience was the horribly decrepit seating. Don't sit in a both is my advice. Otherwise an ok casual dining experience.Special Features:
- A must place to dine...NipperDined on 3/2/2011If you wnat the best selection is food especially seafood, Sharky's is the place. Never disappointed, great service, ourstanding service & engaged owners.Special Features:
- What a gem....NipperDined on 2/26/2011As always an exceptional evening. Anton & Maria are great hands on owners. Food is high quality, fresh, & great offerings. Weekend music by Janine Scott is great what a very professional singer. Wait staff very riendly & highly knowledgable of the ood offerings. We look forward to many more evenings at Sharky's ...best on the island.Special Features: