Shari Sushi Lounge
621 East Central Blvd
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Shari Sushi Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sharisushilounge.com/
- Phone: 4074209420
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Chau
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for options.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Mistretta 407-760-9984
A word from Shari Sushi Lounge
Nestled in chic Thornton Park, Shari adds a level of sophistication and a tingle of excitement to the area with its dynamic style of Modern Japanese Cuisine. Full bar and stylish atmosphere. Innovative drinks and unique menu selections. More than sushi, it's Shari!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shari Sushi Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Shari Sushi Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (30)hot spot (29)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- superMahi11Dined on 10/17/2014The food was on point as usual and the service was amazing once again here. I brought my girlfriend and invited some friends to join and check it out. They loved the chicken teriyaki for an alternative to the sushi. But if you want good sushi, service definitely recommend this place. I go everytime I visit Orlando. Fireball roll, and Alaskan summer rolls are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnoppyDined on 10/8/2014Excellent spot meet with friends had a excellent dinner and drinks and great locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably deliciousmhlywaDined on 9/12/2014I've been to Shari twice now, and both times I've been delighted with the service, ambiance, food, and drinks. I was drawn to their happy hour drink and sushi specials, but I plan to keep going back and try everything on the menu. As for the atmosphere, I love sitting upstairs. It's quieter and more intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big city feel in Thornton ParkMandMVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great atmosphere, handcrafted coctails, quality sushi and friendly servers make this a great spot for meeting friends or a date night. Urban vibe and active bar. LGBT friendly and you'll feel like an invited guest. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't honor reservationSurfdude12Dined on 9/5/2014I made a reservation for 7:30 using Opentable but the host refused to honor it, saying she had too many reservations. The restaurant had mostly empty tables, which just added to the frustration. The food was A+. Our server was A+. The reservation system was disappointingI would recommend this to a friend.
- rice cakesBeatriceDined on 9/4/2014Another delicious meal was shared with a good friend and neighbor. Happy Hour menu is every day and the special roll for this evening was fresh, and innovative. I enjoyed the crunch with the added fried shallots. Paired with a little unfiltered cold sake and Voila! And don't forget the rice cakesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant dining experienceuncledevoDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful surrounds, great food, great service, knowledgeable Staff. Just a very pleasant and delicious dining experienceSpecial Features:
- All but 1OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014All -but 1 thing- was awesome. My friend spilt her drinking moving their big menu for our edamame and they charged her for a new one. Not very good service. I expected better hospitality. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyfoodDined on 8/21/2014Love this place! They have really good happy hour! And there saketini are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysMaestroDined on 8/17/2014My girlfriend and I have been doing the "long distance" thing for over a year now. Whenever I come visit we always try something new. But Shari is the one place we dine every time I'm in town. It is simply the best sushi around. We have our go-to rolls we get every time. But even when we try something new we are not disappointed. If I had to find one thing to complain about, it would be the use of cilantro on so many of the rolls. That said, they will gladly make them sans cilantro upon request. So all in all, there are no gripes here. I finally moved to Orlando last weekend and of course celebrated with Shari sushi. Looking forward to spending many more nights there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014Fantastic good and excellent service. Our servers name was.Tiffany and she recommended some great rolls, as.well as getting us our did quickly, as we were in a time crunch. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi I've ever hadFoodie4lyfeDined on 7/29/2014I love this place! It's my go-to sushi spot. A little pricey, but worth every penny. Fresh made sushi, and an awesome bar area with delicious martinis (try the Shari martini!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sushi!laurenb90Dined on 7/26/2014I have been here twice, and the food here was amazing both times. They have a happy hour from 4-7pm where they offer rolls with 4-6 pieces each for about $4/each, as well as beer, wine, and select cocktails. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour sushi was not goodshariDined on 7/18/2014Not sure if they use the older sushi for the happy hour but it sure tasted like it. I wont be back. The atmosphere and restaurant setup were very nice though.
- ShariOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This place is absolutely fantastic. The food is great, the neighborhood is very good, and if you get a seat upstairs it's got a very intimate atmosphere. I'm absolutely blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place aroundsushiloverDined on 6/29/2014Found this place on urbanspoon, had great reviews definitely best sushi I've had and a great enviroment. Staff is super friendly. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER DISAPPOINTEDThaiRicanFoodieDined on 6/27/2014I would definitely recommend a reservation as it can get quite busy, or reservation was at 9:15 and we were seated immediately. We sat upstairs and could see everything be prepared it was great. Our server, Will, stayed on top of everything and the food was amazing! Always worth every penny, this was our best visit to Shari ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014My date and I had a wonderful time. Great service, food, wine, ambience, and vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014My husband and I had a wonderful time overthere, food was fantastic, perfect environment, great music, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 477 reviews are from the Shari Sushi Lounge reviews archive.
- Excellent overall!FrequentdinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Finally a ginger salad with more than just lettuce and with a creative presentation! Service and food top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thornton Park Neighborhood GemMandMVIPDined on 6/7/2014With a big city feel, the sushi quality and service at Shari are consistently impeccable. Handcrafted coctails and personable servers complement the vibe of this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was awesome! and food tooDaddyDined on 6/4/2014The vibe was very hip and modern and the crowd was mid 20 -Mid 40. The sushi was soooo fresh and the service was awesome!Special Features:
- Great sushi!!Foodie27Dined on 5/28/2014Everything was great!! Unique sushi rolls, good cocktails and a nice wine list!! Great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willtryagain1Dined on 5/25/2014Good service. Waitress was good and did recommend dishes that turned out to be delish.. Hostess staff was a little lost in their job and not sure why the place was empty. Bartender acted like he didn't want to be there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy Hour findhappyhourqueenDined on 5/22/2014Took a good friend of mine for their happy hour as I'd heard good things - we were not disappointed! From 4pm-7pm they have an extensive list of fresh, hand-rolled (you can actually see the sushi chefs making them) rolls, sashimi and nigri, each for just under $5! There is a also a selection of drinks for under $5 too. And if you want more choice, their regular menu is even more extensive. Staff was attentive and I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014I Celebrated my 3rd anniversary with my wife at Shari on May 21. Our experience couldn't have gone better! From the moment we walked through the door we we're treated like royalty. Our service was phenomenal and the food was even better! I'm an Orlando native and have been exploring the local food scene for many years and I can say with full confidence that Shari is the best sushi restaurant I have found. We had several courses from the entire menu and everything was fantastic. Start with the buffalo lobster, and make sure you get some fatty tuna it's epic! Chocolate lava cake for dessert was the best I've ever had! Top notch spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJayCCDineDined on 5/17/2014This is a great restaurant, great service from staff, awesome food, amazing setting, overall best restaurant in orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review, not badLovsushiDined on 5/16/2014I have to say that this was an excellent find for a Friday night with high quality food and service including comfortable seating and a perfect sight of them preparing the sushi. The waiter was very knowledgeable of varies alcohols and was very pleasant, although I thought the hostess was quite rude when we arrived. Seemed like was in mid conversation and was irritated that I interrupted her so she could do her job. But we didn't let that effect us because the place was still a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food, awful musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014No place compares to Shari in terms of food quality and service, it is hands down the best in town. But the music is at times too loud and its genre doesn't fit the ambience, except maybe at the bar. Too electronic and loud, anything else would fit better except the current playlist or country. Hip hop, 80's, disco, even alternative or Top 20, anything but electronic or hip hop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJenaqt23VIPDined on 5/16/2014Always a great happy hour! Can't beat rolls for only 4.25$ and drinks too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014I have been to Shari many times, and have always had great service. Saturday was different, the service was very lack luster, I was never offered a second drink, so I drunk my water which by the way took forever to be refilled. Not only that, we had to get our servers attention to place our food order. I love the food and the atmosphere, so I'm hoping this wont happen again when I go back.Special Features:
- Return worthyJulioDined on 5/9/2014We have been coming to Shari since it's opening. As a local business person, I have always felt secure in bringing clients here. But, more than that, I come her with my family. Never disappointed. We had Amy again. She's not just a great server , but was very good in recommending items I would not usually choose. I was very happy with everything. Worthy of yet, another return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in Orlando!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/3/2014We travel often and eat shushi all over. 90% of the time we catch ourselves saying "this place is good, but it has NOTHING on Shari!" We've had every roll on the menu, you can't go wrong! Great Martinis too👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Sushi RestaurantHBieglerDined on 4/26/2014I took my wife to Shari Sushi for her birthday and it was a wonderful dining experience. The sushi was very fresh and among the best quality I have had at any local sushi restaurant. Along with the quality of the food the service was outstanding. Thank you Shari Sushi for making our dining experience so enjoyable.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience.MiniKikiVIPDined on 4/21/2014It was my first time dining here and I was pleasantly surprised. I requested a booth through my OpenTable reservation, and they made sure I was comfortable before settling on my seating arrangements. The food is excellent here as well. Our server was extremely attentive to our needs and always made sure we were satisfied before departing. Thank you so much for this wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shari Sushi's Fun and Good Food!Orl2WP4FoodVIPDined on 4/18/2014Had a very good dinner there April 18th, the sushi and other food items at Shari are always great, and they have a very fun and energetic downtown atmosphere that we really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Quality Sushi/imaginative menuPelagicHunterDined on 4/18/2014I've been to dozens of other sushi restaurants over the years and Shari ranks right there at the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jslampernDined on 4/11/2014I thoroughly enjoyed Shari. I had been before in the past and thought it was a little overrated and pretentious, but this visit was a totally different experience. Our server was awesome, very friendly and helpful with the menu. The sushi was very good. The menu has some really good classics and some very nice inventive combinations. The cocktails were also delicious.Special Features:
- Great food marginal serviceFrequentdinerVIPDined on 3/30/2014Garlic edamame excellent! Sushi the best in Orlando! Female server not at all in tune with the importance of customer service. Had to practically beg for a little dessert which was then served on a dirty table. Not like the old days at Shari when service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is delicious andModernhistoryDined on 3/28/2014The food is delicious and the happy hour menu is amazing!!! Love to create special dinners out with the bf without breaking the bank (rare for sushi).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.