Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro
1767 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/virginia/hilton-alexandria-old-town-DCAOTHF/dining/index.html
- Phone: (703) 837-0440 ext. 2000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday:6:00am-11am, 12pm on weekends; Lunch: Monday-Sunday: 11:30am-2:00pm;Dinner: Monday-Sunday:5:00pm-10:00pm; Bar and Lounge: Monday-Sunday:2:00pm-12:00 Mid-night.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Adam Feldman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: For a truly personalized event, reserve our Private Dining Room, attached to the Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro, which can accommodate up to 16 guests. 7,631 square feet of function space, able to accommodate up to 400 guests, 10 meeting rooms, with a variety of flexible sizes and configurations. Grand Ballroom, featuring 3,800 square feet of newly-enhanced, elegant event space. Impressive pre-function space, with updated lighting, perfect for receptions and informal affairs Outdoor courtyard and patio, for groups of up to 200 guests. 28,000 square feet of additional space, across the street at Regents University.
A word from Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro
--For a Truly personalized event,reserve our Private Dining Room,attached to the Seagar's Restaurant which can accomodate up to 16 guests.Happy hour starts from 4:00pm until 7:00pm,Monday thru Friday.Come and join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Not what i expectedtj1708VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was Ok i guess. The waiter tried -but had a very thick accentand i could barely understand what he was saying. Pretty pricy for what was served and the ambiance is an Hotel-breakfast room one. Will not come back hereSpecial Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro reviews archive.
- Share Wine LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Wonderful staff, good greeting. Pretty empty on a Friday night at 6 pm but there was a lot going on by the seaport. Was hard to find, off King Street, Alexandria. Call for the cross street Excellent drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Restaurantkp11Dined on 4/19/2014I was pulled in by the name and the location on King St. I made Friday reservations at 7pm and was the only person in, which was nice but also an indicator. It is the Hotel restaurant, adjacent to the Seagars Bar in Hilton. Good for appetizers and glass of wine, but would not call it epicurean delight.
- Nice SurpriseSteph0562Dined on 3/19/2014A colleague and I were staying at the Hilton Old Town since the weather was bad, we decided to eat here. The restaurant is re-branding and the weather was so bad, so probably explains why the place didn't have a lot of customers. We ordered the Fillet and Frites and it was really good. The steak was cooked exactly as requested, very tended and great flavor. The fries had cilantro oil on them was very tasty and grilled watercress. It was a really nice meal and I'll go back just for that.
- Okay, Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/16/2014Dined here with two girlfriends on a Sunday night. It's inside the Alexandria Hilton, right near the King Street Metro. It was like many hotel restaurants, above average food, okay service, and I probably won't go back. We tried several items and shared; they were all pretty good: seared scallops with sriracha, braised short rib ravioli, spinach salad with oranges and blackberries, potato and leek soup, tomato soup, open faced grilled cheese with mushrooms, and the chicken chopsticks. The service wasn't very attentive, especially considering there were two other tables with people in the entire restaurant. This used to be Seager's restaurant and bar, they are rebranding and as of our visit, hadn't updated the signage.
- Great Private PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014We used the private dining room for a special occasion and were treated like royalty. Staff very attentive. Hotel very accommodating in every way. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No hostFoodCriticDined on 1/29/2014No host in the restaurant. Server just pointed the dining room and asked us to be seated. Spice chicken salad was missing the avocados. Service need improvements
- New Year's EveJohn89Dined on 12/31/2013I can't say I was over whelmed. The food was just ok for the most part. We both chose the French Chicken dinner. I think both of us felt the chicken was bland and required salt and pepper to pick it up a little. Also the mini zucchini didn't have much flavor. I did enjoy the roasted corn as well as the cucumber and tomato salad. The service was a little slow even though the restaurant was not full at the time.Special Features:
- Hold the salt!JackVIPDined on 12/12/2013Our evening at Seagar's was pleasant enough, but the food was disappointing. Salt appears to have been the prime ingredient for our meals. So much so that we couldn't eat the entrees. Also, it may have just been an off night, but we were literally the only diners in the restaurant for much of the evening. That made us feel out of place and awkward, though I have to say the waiter was sensitive to our predicament and refrained from hovering over us all night.
- Party of 17 with kidsKCARDined on 11/29/2013Great experience - special occasion - good for groups, brunch and kid-friendly. Food was good, very accommodating for large party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with with Trish & VernonVJGreenVIPDined on 11/23/2013Old Town Alexandria weekend.....nice location, quiet setting. Found the menu to be very limited, and the restaurant nearly empty on a Saturday evening. Had been here in the past, and the menu was much more inviting. The Baby Back Ribs were not Baby Back Ribs and were overcooked, dry and chewy, but the presentation was nice. Everyone else were pleased with their dinners, one of which was a double order of the Scallops since a entrée was not offered. Service was fantastic, can't say enough good things about our server. Drinks from the bar were adequate, but over priced ($24 for a double shot of Grey Goose Vodka......and it was barely 2 shots!) Wine pricing was reasonable. Not sure if it is work a return visit.Special Features:
- Quiet, very good dinner for oneFishycpaDined on 11/15/2013Stopped in for dinner on the last night of a week-long business trip. Red pepper-gouda soup was excellent as was the sea bass special. Fish was perfectly cooked as was the accompanying copious mélange of vegetables. No dessert was necessary as I sopped up the herb butter sauce with the bread provided. They could use a few more wines by the glass. Service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seager's Hosted My Birthday Dinner!DCWineLoverVIPDined on 10/1/2013This was the 2nd time I've been to Seager's and obviously it was good enough the first time around to have them host my birthday dinner with 9 other friends!Special Features:
- Turned into a Birthday CelebrationDCWineLoverVIPDined on 9/11/2013Ate at Seager's a few weeks ago and liked it so much decided to host my close friends there for my birthday! Service was spot-on and a great selection of meals at reasonable prices! Decent selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast and 9 Party DinnerBeachbardDined on 8/23/2013Seagars at the Old Town Alexandria performed superbly for our dinner meeting of nine (9) in the private dining room. They were even kind enough to open slightly early and have share plates/wine waiting on the group so we could keep to a tight schedule. While the cellar and beef quality at this location is less impressive than that found at Seagars Sandestin, those small "knocks" were more than overcome by the timely and courteous services. Food quality (ordered from menu) for everybody in the party of nine was reported as good to excellent. The service was impeccable. My wife and I enjoyed al la carte breakfast twice in Seagars during our stay and thoroughly enjoyed both. Again, the friendly, professional service was impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I waited 20 mins for my saladjohnSVIPDined on 6/13/2013I waited 20 mins for my salad that never came. i was the only person in the restaurant. I finally go ttheir attention to inform them I was leaving. I could not tell you how the food was.
- 40thCapGrillVIPDined on 5/26/2013Seagar's is now called Share. The menu is a bit different, not quite as upscale as I recall. The food was good and it is a quiet dinning atmosphere.Special Features:
- unfortunate advertisingjudyVIPDined on 5/12/2013We had been here before for special occasion brunch(s). The items listed on the menu at open table such as the crab legs were not on the brunch this time. I questioned the manager about this and she just said that it was an outdated menu and she thought she had gone on-line to "hide" it. I told her that it was visible when I booked the reservation. She did not offer to do anything to make up for the confusion. I was very disappointed since we had gone there many times before. I do not know if I would go again.Special Features:
- Disappointing, even for hotel foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2013The food was OK but nothing special. They were out of various items and we were rushed. Ironically, we were the only table in the restaurant. That should have been our first clue.
- Yummy RockfishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013I grew up on the ocean. Hands down that was the best stuffed rockfish I have ever eaten:) great food, nice staff.Special Features:
- property has changed hands--isbarbfromdcVIPDined on 3/28/2013property has changed hands--is no longer Seagar's although signage the same. Service was bad when present, but basically we were ignored except when orders taken and served. Nothing that I would call "service." Food was mediocre with hotel prices ,prices would be okay if for example the seared chicken in the seared chicken salad was hot or even warm, tasted leftover. Would I ever return, much less bring a client for lunch? absolutely NOT.
- Great for breakfast! ChesapeakeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/20/2013Great for breakfast! Chesapeake omelette full of crab, fruit fresh, bacon crisp. Nice to have reservation ability as dining room almost full at 7:30. Service very good. Will return when in DC for businessSpecial Features:
- My family went there for Valentine'EasterDined on 2/14/2013My family went there for Valentine's Day dinner and was disappointed with the reception, service, and food. The food was too salty. The crabcakes had too much filler and too salty. I was thinking since the crabcakes were the most expensive item on the menu, that they would be good and all crabemeat, but I was wrong. The Pot Roast was salty and just stringy pieces of meat mix with mashed potatoes, gravy, and carrots, the filet mignon was burnt. The restaraunt itself was very nice and if the food was better , I would go back.
- Jane - our Server was EXCELLENT!ShelliVIPDined on 2/7/2013Jane - our Server was EXCELLENT! She was very attentive and courteous. She smiled a lot and explained menu/food items very well. We enjoyed our time. Thanks, Jane! Note to the Chef: Both of our entrees were salty. I had the Santorini Salad with Salmon and my husband had the Rockfish Imperial. Great options for dinner, but just too salty.
- Just great! Service was exceptionaOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/21/2012Just great! Service was exceptional. Blackened Diver Scallops over rosotto was cooked perfectly. Nice job!Special Features:
- terrible service for all meals,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/11/2012terrible service for all meals, including breakfast each morning as a guest. The food is surprisingly good, and it's convenient if you're a guest at the hotel, but servers do not do a good job.
- Food was just okay. The crabOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012Food was just okay. The crab cake had too much filler. The bacon brussel sprouts were loaded with garlic and uneatable. However, the asparagus was delicious and the ribeye was cooked medium-rare as ordered and very flavorful. Red wine - a Louis M. Martini Cab Sauv, was very good and reasonably priced. The wait service was helpful, friendly and responsive, despite appearing to be a bit inexperienced.Special Features:
- We waited about 15 minutesSandyDined on 9/7/2012We waited about 15 minutes for someone to come to the hostess stand to seat us and we almost left. It ended up being one of two wait staff that were working in the dining area and she didn't apologize or really say much of anything. The place was virtually empty at 6pm on a Friday night (should have been our second clue). The food was just o.k. and we had a really hard time ordering cocktails as the waitress did not know what a vodka tonic or cosmo was. I wouldn't go back.
- We showed up on time and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012We showed up on time and the hostess was not the least interested in seeing us. We explained we had reservations and she seated us without even trying to build rapore with us. She was either bothered about her personal life or she did not want to deal with anyone. The waiter was pleasant enough and did a fine job. But we were notified a week after dining at Seagar's that Open Table did not show us as having kept the reservation. I explained we had dined there and I faxed the receipt to the customer dispute section and was awarded the dining points after all. If the hostess was not the slightest bit excited to see us AND we were not even shown as having dined there then I wonder how inattentive to detail the restaurant is on a whole.
- too many unruly kids and do-nothingCestmoiVIPDined on 8/7/2012too many unruly kids and do-nothing parents. it was like a trip to chuck e. cheese with nicer food. and only one waiter for the entire restaurant - ridiculous.
- Great Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Fantastic Brunch! Our family went to Seagars for the first time on Mother's Day. The food was incredible, the service was attentive, and the host made us feel at home before we ever made it to our table. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- We had a very pleasant Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We had a very pleasant Mother's Day Brunch. Food was good, The staff friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Excellent Mothers' Day brunch...fooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Excellent Mothers' Day brunch...food was delicious!!!!
- Mothe's Day brunch was ok,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Mothe's Day brunch was ok, but not worth $107 (for two people). The decor could use some work. I did expect more from a a Hilton property in Old Town Alexandria. Shining note, staff was very friendly.
- Mother's Day Brunch was ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Mother's Day Brunch was our first dining experience at Seagar's. Our party of four, along with our 18-month-old granddaughter found the brunch selection to be fresh and bountiful, easily surpassing the published menu. The restaurant staff were attentive and understanding of the needs of a party that included a toddler Providing long-stemmed roses to the mothers was a nice touch. Free parking is such a rarity in this vicinity. We will certainly return to this restaurant for future special events.Special Features:
- ok, service is great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2012ok, service is great, but the food just ok. Like hotel food. Bar is good, service is good.
- The food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2012The food and service was great! I just want to comment on the bread they offered.. it was BAD! the rest of the dinner was tasety.. so please change the bread and the butter was so cold you can't spread it! the menue is limited.. the had one serve which made things go slow a bit because the hotel had a party and everyone was busy with that..Special Features:
- All good but the wafflesOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/8/2012We visited Seagars for their Easter Brunch and for the most part we were pleased. The French Toast, Eggs Benedict, Smoked Salmon and the kids' items were great. The mimosas were OUTSTANDING. We were disappointed with the waffles, however. The waffles were hard and did not hold up well on the buffet. Waffles is one item that should always be made fresh. We understand that the restaurant was trying to accomodate a large Easter crowd but it may have been better not to offer waffles if they were not going to be fresh. Other than that, the restaurant was enjoyable.Special Features:
- My wife and I have been atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012My wife and I have been at Seagar's several times and every time trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that our previous bad experiences were just flukes ~ but this time proved that it has a systemic problem! First of all, when we got there at 6:30 on a Saturday evening, there was hardly anyone there (which should say something in and of itself), and then my wife's filet mignon was so overcooked that she had to ask for another one to be cooked. My osso buco sauce was very salty and peppery but I endured it. The waiter was very friendly and apologetic but even after we told him it was our 25th wedding anniversary, he never once said anything about it ~ O well, that's the last time they'd see us!
- Wonderful Place to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2012The service and staff were impeccable. Food was delicious, hot, and prompt. They were very kid-friendly. I had a wonderful time.Special Features: