Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro
1767 King St.
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/virginia/hilton-alexandria-old-town-DCAOTHF/dining/index.html
- Phone: (703) 837-0440 ext. 2000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday:6:00am-11am, 12pm on weekends; Lunch: Monday-Sunday: 11:30am-2:00pm;Dinner: Monday-Sunday:5:00pm-10:00pm; Bar and Lounge: Monday-Sunday:2:00pm-12:00 Mid-night.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Adam Feldman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: For a truly personalized event, reserve our Private Dining Room, attached to the Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro, which can accommodate up to 16 guests. 7,631 square feet of function space, able to accommodate up to 400 guests, 10 meeting rooms, with a variety of flexible sizes and configurations. Grand Ballroom, featuring 3,800 square feet of newly-enhanced, elegant event space. Impressive pre-function space, with updated lighting, perfect for receptions and informal affairs Outdoor courtyard and patio, for groups of up to 200 guests. 28,000 square feet of additional space, across the street at Regents University.
A word from Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro
--For a Truly personalized event,reserve our Private Dining Room,attached to the Seagar's Restaurant which can accomodate up to 16 guests.Happy hour starts from 4:00pm until 7:00pm,Monday thru Friday.Come and join us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Share Wine Lounge & Small Plate Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Had a very enjoyable lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2011Had a very enjoyable lunch with old friends. Very nice restaurant with a well stocked bar. Not sure what an evening spot it might be, but looks like a great place to gather and break bread or lift a cheer.Special Features:
- Was not very crowded, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2011Was not very crowded, but there was a large group there for a bachelor party or something and were extremely loud, even though we were sitting on the other side of the restaurant. While the service and food were good, we did have to ask someone to get our waiter a few times since he was over by the bar watching the basketball game. However, the food made up for this. It was great!Special Features:
- What makes this hotel restaurant33yrrestaurantguyVIPDined on 3/12/2011What makes this hotel restaurant so special is the service staff. They are heads above most restaurant staffs, and they remember repeat guests regardless of how long it has been since the last visit. Moreover, they have one of the best breakfasts in Old Town!Special Features:
- Deliciously Close!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/4/2011Wow, what a great location and deal. My wife and I were lucky enough to catch a dinner special on a Friday night. We were staying at the Wyndham of Old Town Alexandria and we were easily a 2 minute walk to the restaurant (without even going outside in the rain!) The saffron risotto was the perfect consistency (thank goodness-it has been rare to find a restaurant that does that lately), and my wife's osso bucco was delicious. Perfect for a getaway and wanting to stay in close in Alexandria without going to the hustle and bustle in downtown.
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/2/2011The food was good and the environment was good for lunch (albeit a little slow) but it was just average food so I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.
- I have to be honest, I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2011I have to be honest, I was not expecting to be the only two customers in the restaurant. I almost felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Being that the case we received very good service. I believe that it is really unecessary to make a reservation to this location as it is located inside the Hilton, a fact that we did not know, however the food was outstanding, one of the best steaks Ive had.
- The dinner was great. I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011The dinner was great. I went with three friends and we all got something different. The apps were fantastic from the soups to the salads. The main courses were not only tasty, but they were like works of art on the plate. The steaks come with several sauces and were pretty great. The one downside was that the steaks were overdone, medium-rare came medium and medium came medium-well. I would keep that as a note if you order steak. The fish was very good and prepared perfectly. The service was good, but not as good as it should be for the price of the restaurant. Overall, I really liked dinner here and I'll most likely bring guests in the future.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2011Extremely disappointing for the price. Let me just talk about one food item, risotto. I watched as my wife and my plate sat at under the lamp. Our server had disappeared, so the greeter ran over to pick them up. The risotto was a dried, ball of mess. Is was bright orange, and had an odd flavor. The tuna carpaccio was ok, nothing special. The restaurant was DEAD on a Saturday night, but the bar was crowded. We should have known this was not going to be a good one, with only 3 tables filled. we both ordered fish dishes, that were nicely cooked, but the sauces on them were salty (or in the Halibut's case too sweet). for desert, we walked to Vermillion!! what a shame, as the bar is nice and the bartender was the only good thing about this placeSpecial Features:
- Servers badly in need of trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2011The food is good, for a hotel restaurant. About 15% overpriced, I think, which is probably why it hasn't caught on with the local crowd. The service on the night we went was horrible. The waiter wasn't rude, he just lacked skill. Needs training! He repeatedly reached across plates to pick up things instead of walking around. He poured the wine to almost the top of the glass, and seemed like he needed to get the bottle empty as soon as possible. Even though there were only four couples in the restaurant, we sat for a long time with finished plates, and again sat for a long time with the dessert menu. We finally flagged him down and just asked for the check. The poor service detracted from what was a pretty darn good meal.
- A good spot to have a veryBoomerVIPDined on 2/4/2011A good spot to have a very good meal in a relatively quite environment.
- Very Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2011Excellent menu for the Alexandria Food Week. Very tasty!Special Features:
- Food was very good. WaitstaffKayRDined on 1/29/2011Food was very good. Waitstaff courteous and attentive and service was prompt. Ambiance was quiet which made it most relaxing.Special Features:
- Don't overlook b'cause in a hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2011I live near this restaurant and have never gone until Alexandria Restaurant Week 2011. My impression is that hotel restaurants are either of marginal quality, or overpriced. I was impressed and will be back. The food was good and the service was excellent. It is a bit expensive for every day dining, but okay for a nicer meal.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2011The food was delicious and our waiter was superb. All and all top notch service and great evening. In addition, I would like to make sure I get credit points as I did not check in as registered user when placing reservation.Special Features:
- Went there for dinner on the.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/13/2011Went there for dinner on the. The food was fantastic, excatly what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. I would say where this place really shined was the service. Especially considering that it was a holiday, the service was definitely more than what I expected - in fact the host was very attentive, seated us early and moved us next to the window when we requested it. Our waiter was downright chatty, and was super attentive and even went a tad overboard about accommodating my food allergies. The staff was very warm and friendly, and we even ended up having a brief chat with one of the busboy. Overall this a great place to take someone that you may want to effortlessly impress. I give our experience a BIG THUMBS UP.Special Features:
- Very good food, excellentPSUDanoVIPDined on 1/8/2011Very good food, excellent service and a nice ambiance--more than you would expect from a hotel restaurant. My wife had superb planked Alaskan salmon, and my son and I enjoyed the filet mignon. They know how to cook steak rare, which is a HUGE plus. The Hilton validates parking garage validates parking, too.
- I was using a gift certificateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2011I was using a gift certificate that was bought as a gift, otherwise I would never have gone in. The prices are extremely high, the dishes are pretentious, and the waitstaff and management are aloof and less than helpful. I was told, after ordering drinks in the lounge, that my certificate was only good for the restaurant. The menu was very heavy on meat dishes. The soup I got was good, as were the drinks, but I wouldn't go again because the prices are ridiculous.
- Well the host should be firedmstephen99Dined on 12/3/2010Well the host should be fired because she very easily could have ruined our expereince. Good thiing for Seagar's that they have a man like Hugo to follow her and clean up her mess because he was an excellent server even though he had all the other tables in the restaurant be himself. The food was very good and Hugo helped us pick things that complimented each other which added to the cohesiveness of the meal. I will go back and hope that host is not there this time.Special Features:
- I had made reservations aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2010I had made reservations a week early, and when I arrived they had cut the dining room in half to accommodate a holiday party. There were only about 4 tables available, and they sat us directly behind the holiday party. It was very loud, uncomfortable, and impossible to carry on a conversation. The food was great but honestly, I'd never go again. They should either inform guests ahead of time if there's parties or just close the restaurant part on those nights--it's not a big space to begin with, and after about 10 minutes of shouting we pretty much gave up trying to talk. Even the waiter kept apologizing. All in all, very unprofessional and a total bummer. Normally good food is enough to keep me coming back--not this time.
- Food was very good. Wine wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2010Food was very good. Wine was ok. Background music was awful, but the maitre'd was very apologetic and gave us a free drink. They did fix the music finally.
- It was restaurant week inJinxDined on 8/29/2010It was restaurant week in Virginia and they had a special menu. There were three courses and I have to say the food was plentiful and it was very good. The service was very good as well.
- The meal and the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2010The meal and the service were excellent. I will definately eat at Seagar's Restaurant again.Special Features:
- GREAT restaurant - deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/5/2010GREAT restaurant - delicious food, can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Notwithstanding the good reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2010Notwithstanding the good reviews on here I can see why the restaurant was empty when we were there. The food was not very good and how much ambiance can you have looking out at a street and a metro station? My wife had the Cedar Alaskan Salmon steak but there was not really any Cedar plank taste to it, not really at all what was expected. The jasmine rice that was served with it either was a bit undercooked and/or did not have a very good taste. Actually both. She traded with me for my Oven Roasted Pork Medallions but traded back as they were not any better. Service was adequate, but did have to go to the kitchen to get some vinagrette sauce for the salad as it seemed to come dry and could not find the server to request any.
- Mostly this was a quiet placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/20/2010Mostly this was a quiet place because so few diners were in the dining room on a Tuesday night. Food was satisfactory (salad and clams) but a bit overpriced, although if you consider that there is "free" parking then maybe that extra cost in the meal covers that "perk". Good selection of wine.Special Features:
- This was my first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2010This was my first trip to Seagar's for breakfast. I have visited this restaurant in the past for dinner, while staying at the Hilton Alexandria Old Town, and found the service to be wonderful and the food to meet or exceed my expectations each visit. My breakfast experience was wonderful! I arrive around 10:30am to find that the restaurant was in fully "breakfast mode" with a fully stocked buffet or an extensive a la carte/ plated menu available. I elected the buffet, seeing as though there were many tempting options. Beyond your standard breakfast buffet items you will find a variety of yogurts, a special breakfast "sweet" of waffles, pancakes or cheese blintzes, an antipasto tray, and many different fruits freshly cut for you. Delicious!Special Features:
- Very nice restaurant in OldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/14/2010Very nice restaurant in Old Town! I tried the Pistachio Crusted Seabass with Risotto which was amazing. The service was great too. There is a nice bar with flatscreen tv's. I will definitely return in the future!Special Features:
- I will definitely recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2010I will definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a romantic dinner for two. The piano player really set the mood for the night along with the perfect lighting. The food was magnificant and the service was absolutely delightful. Our waiter really made us feel like we were the only ones he was serving. I will surely be dining at this location again and would pass on the word to my friends.Special Features:
- The service was top notch;OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2010The service was top notch; the restaurant has a formal and fun atmosphere, a cross between a local neighborhood restaurant and fine dining.Special Features:
- My girlfriends and I get togetherDelectableVIPDined on 4/10/2010My girlfriends and I get together once a month and have lunch/dinner. I chose this restaurant and we all loved their food. We only complained about 2 things- Parking and our Alcoholic beverages. The parking wasn't noticeable and the drinks weren"t what we expected, but other than these things everything was great!!Special Features:
- This was a last minute Valentine'sJohnDined on 2/14/2010This was a last minute Valentine's Day idea. Restaurant wasn't very crowded so we had immediate service. The ceiling is high and the room is brighter than you might like for an intimate dinner, but there were some corner tables that could work for more private dining. We had the fixed-price special (includes a full bottle of champagne) which was reasonable. Food selections were good and portions satisfying. Bread was warm. As I age and my tastes change, I find a lot of restaurant food saltier than I would prepare at home. This was the case here, but not obnoxious.Special Features:
- wasn't too impressed withMattVIPDined on 2/14/2010wasn't too impressed with the Sunday buffet. The service was less than stellar and certainly below expectations for a Hilton Hotel.
- Menu was unclear as to whatLiveToDineOutVIPDined on 1/30/2010Menu was unclear as to what was provided w/ the ordered. We got crab sliders and got french fries, almost a meal rather than an appetizer. Server seemed distracted, had to ask for refills of water for example. Food was fair, barely warm.
- We had a reservation for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/30/2010We had a reservation for two on Saturday night at 6:30, but due to the snow, we couldn't make it until much later. I tried calling multiple times to make sure it was still okay to come, but for some reason no one ever answered the phone. So, we decided to go anyway. Arriving around 8:00, it was very quiet - maybe two or three other tables were seated. No one was out due to the weather. However, that made it all the better for us. The food was delicious - I honestly was hoping for smaller portions than what we got. I know that seems weird, but usually at nicer restaurants you have no choice but to get smaller servings; that is not the case at Seagar's. All in all everything was great!Special Features:
- This was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/28/2010This was our second time at this restaurant. We came back because the food was superb the first time. Again, the filet mignon was wonderful and we tried the duck as well. It's always a pleasure to be able to choose the accompanying sauce. The convenience to the King Street metro is also a big plus. We will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- We were the only couple eatingLindaVIPDined on 1/22/2010We were the only couple eating in the restaurant. The service was almost nonexistent.
- The New Year's Eve menu wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/31/2009The New Year's Eve menu was really amazing! The food was absolutely delicious and the evening made for a very special memory.! We will eat here again.Special Features:
- My husband and I have brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2009My husband and I have brunch here on a somewhat regular basis. The brunch is excellent and the staff is very friendly. If you get the buffet, you have the option of getting a made-to-order omelet and the waiter will take your order. If you order off the menu, I highly recommend the blueberry pancakes.Special Features:
- When we sat down, we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2009When we sat down, we were no missing a butter knife and had absolutely napkins, which we had to ask for. The server was very impatient and overwhelmed with other patrons. After I signed the receipt, he proceeded to take the check while we were still sitting down. How rude. He probably just was frustrated with serving all those tables :) However, we had the NY Sirloin and Chicken quesadillas, and the food was wonderful. A little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- The Shrimp and Scallop appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2009The Shrimp and Scallop appetizer was wonderful. However,the Rack of Lamb was small, overcooked and the sauce was burnt and overbearing. Likewise with the veggies. The Sea Bass was a very large portion, cooked to perfection and the lobster was quite tasty but way too rich. The service was fair to good. They seemed to be slightly understaffed and had a very large party which may have been the cause. Bottom line, for such an expensive meal, I would have expected better.