115 East Main Street
East Islip, NY 11730Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shandoncourt.com/
- Phone: 6315815678
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Lunch: Daily: 11:30pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Piers Stringer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Three catering rooms are designed to create the perfect setting for any special event or business function. For parties of 35-100 the Jury Room features stately woodwork, a mahogany bar and generous space for your guests enjoy themselves. For larger parties, Shandon Court presents the Court Room. This spatial room boasts ivory columns adorned with Waterford chandeliers and cherry dance floor. Their experienced staff is happy to answer all questions and advise you on every detail of your gathering. They pride themselves in ensuring that your affair is as memorable as it is flawless!
- Private Party Contact: Donna Butler 6315815678
- Entertainment: At Shandon Court, you will find an authentic taste of Ireland. Customers have been quoted saying such things as: "You feel like your in your best friends living room" or "It's the only place on Long Island where the entire restaurant is singing along with the band!" If you are looking for an entertaining evening with superb food and live entertainment every evening, it can be found at Shandon Court. The Owner, Gerry Finlay can be found singing an Irish Ballad too! Sunday Traditional Irish Seissuns- bring your instruments and join the band, or sit back and enjoy a taste of Ireland!
- Special Events: Long Island Restaurant News Readers voted Shandon Court Long Island's Best Restaurant for a Holiday in 2011!
A word from Shandon Court
Voted Long Island Best American/Continental Restaurant for both 2011 & 2012! Shandon Court is a family owned and operated Restaurant & Catering facility located in the heart of East Islip. Since our family opened the restaurant’s doors in 2002, we have worked to maintain a well rounded menu with superior ingredients paired with impeccable service. Yet, we strive for a quaint friendly neighborhood attitude & true Irish hospitality at its finest! Shandon Court’s international chef, Piers Stringer, has learned alongside some of the world’s elite chefs. Chef Stringer has gained a reputation as an award winning, innovative chef with an exceptional record of service and experience at noted Micheline assessed and Rosette awarded restaurants Open 7 days as week for lunch and dinner Shandon Court also boasts an eclectic bar menu and delightful sit down Sunday Brunch. Stop in for a night of dinner and dancing in a warm and welcoming atmosphere with relaxed elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shandon Court reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (8)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- good food -fun placemarkwatDined on 9/12/2014This place has an authentic Irish feel, and what looks like a fun bar scene with live music. While not "fine dining," the food was still very good.Special Features:
- disappointedcidriveuVIPDined on 8/30/2014the manager Debbie must of asked 5 times in our dinner was everything ok! then a customer complained that he could see the menu. So for about 5 minutes we went from bright to dark. The food wasn't good. Potato soup was watery.. Scallops were cooked with no taste . Signature steak was a big piece of meat not enjoyable. Dessert was good if you just want to go for that the apple fritters great! Sorry
- Good food Good time.nettieDined on 8/30/2014Went for lunch on a Saturday and pretty much had the place to ourselves - 6 people. The food was very good. The waitress was excellent. Not great if you want a quick lunch as we spent 2 1/2 hours dining. This happened to work for us as there was plenty of catching up and conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs Up!DeeBoDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuesignsVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food was very bland. The service very slow to come to our table and I ordered Processco and was told they didn't have it chilled.
- Shandon Court VictoryCyberBMcDDined on 6/30/2014My wife and I ate here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The food was perfect from start to finish. Freshest clams on the half shell I've had in some time. Their Baked Seafood appetizer was exquisite. The Filet was one of the best I've had in some time as well, I could have eaten it with only a fork. The chef at this restaurant takes pride in his fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Shandon Court!HappydinerDined on 6/17/2014Beautiful presentation of delicious items on menu. Ask for Sean to be your waiter, he is awesome.Special Features:
- WowDominickDined on 6/6/2014What a great experience . The food was right on and service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & FunDineoutloverDined on 6/1/2014We always enjoy Shandon Court. Consistently good food in a comfortable environment that has good service too. On this latest visit we were treated to a Blue Grass Band who play the last Sunday of each month. Great music, people danced...lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Shandon Court reviews archive.
- Very nice experience at ShandonGeeGeeVIPDined on 5/21/2014Nice menu. Tasty food. Very nice. Experience. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EtkfDined on 5/13/2014It was a slow night when we went to eat and the service was great as well as the food.Special Features:
- Special in every way!FamilymattersDined on 5/3/2014Great Staff, amazing food and fun ambience. Our go to restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- SateMeDined on 4/26/2014Dine here at least once a month. This is now the second time that the service was horribly slow! Unfortunately, it affected the food as well. My husband's appetizer never arrived, I had to reask the server for a side that I had requested, and nothing on my dish was cooked as well as it usually is. No apologies for the long wait for our food. At least last time we experienced service like this, we were compensated for it. This time we left disappointed!Special Features:
- Running LateOltariDined on 3/8/2014We had made a reservation for 5:45 but got stuck in a great deal of traffic. They were very responsive and helpful when we called them. They changed the reservation to another time, based on our location when I called. When we got there, we were in a huge hurry because we had tickets for a show nearby. They understood our predicament, made recommendations for food that could come quickly, and responded hastily. We were disappointed that we were in such a hurry. The food we had was delicious, and the wine they recommended was quite good. Overall, we were impressed with quality of food and responsiveness of staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!DinerDined on 2/21/2014Although this was my first visit we will make it a favorite. Our waiter Ward was polite and good sense of humor. The atmosphere is lovely. We sat by the fireplace which made our anniversary dinner that much more special. There was a family with three children but we didn't feel it made a difference since they did give them coloring books. We had an unexpected pleasure of live music and really enjoyed it. I saw they had a lovely patio that I asked about and you can eat outside come warm weather as they decorate it with lavish tropical flowers. We intend on checking that out as well.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day disappointmentLynneDined on 2/14/2014Hostess was not accommodating when we asked for a different seat (at a time the restaurant was empty). Apparently we were the only guests who didn't pick a specific table when we reserved a time. The Valentines day special menu was pricey for the converted pub type atmosphere and the food wasn't great (Waldorf Salad $18 tasted like straight mayonnaise dressing...short ribs $26 were dry and stringy)... Felt like we we being nickeled and dimed when asked if we wanted to pay a little more to have bottled water instead of tap water in our drinking glasses. ....Not planning a return trip.
- Hoped it would have been betterpaulnarsDined on 2/8/2014Overall the food was good, Service was a bit on the slower side, Maybe good for some people. Had to wait for our table , Earlier party in the dining room was late to leave . Bartender was a bit on the lazy side. Don't think Ill go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lovely time we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2014What a lovely time we had that night. Walking into this beautiful restaurant relaxed us right away with all the candles and smiling, friendly faces. Sitting down in the dining room we were greeted by our server Sean who we found very knowledgeable and helpful. As we spoke over drinks we were also listening to a great solo artist playing guitar. That added a lot as well as we love live music. And at just the right sound level as well. Appetizers and, later, entrees came out that were gorgeous - and tasted even better. Generous portion sizes as well. Once finished with the repast we decided to sit a spell and take in the ambiance. This turned out to be a home-run for a first date. Thank you to Sean and to Shandon Court!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doggone greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/19/2014Our groupof 9 people with five future guide dogs were treated like royalty. Great Service, they did everything to accomodate our groups special needs. Thanks to all.Special Features:
- dinner with friendsJanellDined on 1/11/2014We had another enjoyable evening here with friends. The food was very good and there was even entertainment. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Where everybody knows your nameOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/6/2013It's "Cheers " Long Island style. Great warm friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice Thanksgiving dinner!MarkCisVIPDined on 11/28/2013Shandon Court never disappoints! The Thanksgiving menu was perfect. It was a full dining room (plus the buffet upstairs) so service was a little strained at times...not bad though. Always nice hearing Gerry play & sing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderdul, heartwarming experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2013My husband and I went to Shandon Court last week and it was fabulous! There was a large table having a party. The owner came in with his guitar and sang her a beautiful song. It made me cry. No matter where I go there never be a more personal heartfelt experience like that. Shandon Court has a great personal touch, it takes you right back home."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative offerings. DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2013Creative offerings. Delicious and well presented courses. Excellent service. Pleasant and relaxing ambience.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2013We visited for Fall Restaurant Week. Everything was really really nice and they didn't skimp on the portions or the quality for the $27.95 3 course menu. Would gladly revisit and look forward to it.Special Features:
- Not GoodFoodieDined on 11/2/2013All four of uswere vere dissapointed. Rubbery fish and steaks that were not properly cooked.
- You could do worseLuciDined on 10/26/2013Shandon Court is your standard pub-like restaurant. The food is OK. I'd recommend the Shepards Pie. I'd skip the Filet Mignon or Short Rib Ravioli. For a relatively small place, the waiter seemed to disappear for long stretches, though our bus person was friendly, helpful and super nice.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemJohnDined on 8/31/2013I dine at Shandon Court often. Sean does a great job as a member of the wait staff. I had the scallops over spinach appetizer. They were sweet and nutty with great flavor. The marinated skirt steak was OUTSTANDING. It was cooked to perfection - medium rare, and there was plenty of it. While I drink single malts (Macallan), their selection of Irish whiskies and beers is excellent. It's a great place to dine or relax at the bar. Dining al fresco is also available. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for WADE JAMMMonicaK763Dined on 8/23/2013Sean waited on us. He was terrific. The wine, food and music was great. We sat outside after dinner to listen to WADE JAMM. Mother Nature cooperated with the weather. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHANDON ROCKSFranzfeverDined on 8/2/2013I STARTED COMING TO SHANDON FOR THE LIVE BANDS LIKE THE ROCKINGHAMS & SALTHILL AND OTHERS. BUT I FOUND THE FOOD WAS WONDERFUL I HAD HAD MANY ENTREES , FROM THEIR BURGERS AND FISH & CHIPS TO THE STEAKS & SALMON. I HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPOINTED.Special Features:
- Celebrating Fabulous & 50!LEE13Dined on 8/1/2013Our dinners were outstanding as always. The lobster mac n cheese and the scallop entrée we had was so delicious, can't wait to return to for more! Friendly service and our host & waiter, Sean, was very accommodating and gracious. Singing Irish songs with Gerry Findlay on a Thursday night was even more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shandon Court is a local familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2013Shandon Court is a local family owned restaurant - Geryy Finlay has sung the opening to NYC's St Pat's day parade more times than anyone I recall. Gerry or other terrific entertainers are there nightly - wonderful music. Staff are very attentive and professional and allow customers to dine in an un-hurried manner. True concern for your enjoyment is quite apparent and appreciated. Since there is also a catering hall in the back it can sometimes be a little slow to get your meal. But if the music is playing that is all to the good. East Islip is lucky to have such a nice and enjoyable real IRISH restaurant. Thanks Gerry and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, fun, funkbocklVIPDined on 7/5/2013Fine food, fabulous service. One of my all time favorites. Be sure to find out in advance, however, if the band is going to be loud.Special Features:
- Shandon Court is one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Shandon Court is one of my husband's favorite restaurants. Although it was Father's Day we were greeted and seated immediately. The food was served at a good pace and tasted very good. Service was prompt and friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a good meal at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent.PothedinerVIPDined on 6/15/2013Food and service was excellent. Had the corn beef and cabbage. Very tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2013My girlfriends and I just had a great lunch at your restaurant. Elyse was delightful and please give our compliments to your gardener, beautiful!Special Features:
- Mothers' Day at Shandon CourtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Wonderful neighborhood gem. Mothers'Day found Shandon prepared with ample food. Waite staff and space for the expected amount of patrons. Great experience .Special Features:
- Food was great. Service notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2013Food was great. Service not so good. Only 14 people in restaurant area for brunch and we waited for an hour and a half. And it was a sit down brunch. Too long. And the waiter, wasn't so friendly either. Snapped at my brother when he said we were ready to put the order in whenever HE was ready.
- First Time There-I will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2013Great staff and food. Very relaxing enjoyable meal. All four of us loved the food! Found the place on Open Table and drove from Farmingdale. Definitely will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but Slow service1forribsDined on 5/4/2013Our reservation was for 5:30 pm, we didn't get served, even bread, until 6:15 pm. We got our appetizer about 6:40pm and our meal at 7 pm. At 7:15 pm we told the waitress that we needed to have our dessert and check by 7:30pm. She brought out tea but dessert didn't come to 7:40pm. At that point we again reminded her that we needed the check. The check was brought at 7:50pm. We had to pay cash because we couldn't wait any longer. We left the restaurant about 7:50. We had to race to our show. So, other than the fact that the service was extremely slow the food was very good. I noticed a large party in the back and another in the front, where we were sitting. Maybe, this restaurant can't handle other patrons when they have large parties.Special Features: