202 Broadway St
Paducah, KY 42001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://shandiesrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: (270) 442-2552
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shandies
Shandies offers a menu that is familiar yet creative in its international culinary influences. Relax...Savor...Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Shandies - Best Restaurants in Paducah ›
Shandies reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- wouldnt reccommendMaggiemaeDined on 10/24/2014The food had alot to be desired. Steaks weren't cooked as asked. When they were recooked, the manager said she would take some off the tab for the wait. When you are eating after the rest of your party has eaten and they are sitting waiting on you, 2.50 is not much to take off of a 25 dollar meal. It was very loud in there for 7pm on a Friday and the wait staff was a joke. Running out of water numerous times. Will not ever go back or reccommend.Special Features:
- Mehz3r0t3nDined on 9/27/2014When we arrived, we told the host we made a reservation online and he couldn't find us on the list. He made a big deal of it, even though there were only five tables being used. He looked and acted as if he had just done some type of illegal pick-me-up, my wife described him as wirey. He sat us next to the only window that wasn't clear, it was an older window that, from time, had turned foggy. Our server got 3 of our 4 drinks wrong, we all ordered sweet tea except for me, which was unsweet. My wife and friends ordered burgers, which they said was good, but my vegetable plate was juicy. Everyone working acted as if they were super busy, but again, there were only about 6 tables full. It was not enjoyable, we will not be going back.Special Features:
- just a suggestionyogired2876Dined on 8/15/2014I had a great experience but I feel more appetizers should be added to the menu and maybe do a pairing with a certain drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth your timeAlexVIPDined on 8/3/2014Things started out ok but went down quickly. Ordered soup which came after meal. Told waitress when meal came to cancel the soup but it came any way. The beef on the French dip was tough and over cooked. The burger was just ok. Fries are frozen and not house made. The French onion soup came out of a packet and was soooo salty. In fact, the au jus for the French dip tasted just like the soup. Just not a good experience. The waitstaff seemed to turn on us when we pointed out the soup came late. Their attitude was poor. Eat elsewhere....Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Shandies reviews archive.
- Dining Experience @ ShandiesPeeWeeandJohnDined on 7/18/2014Visit was very pleasant with excellent and professional service and great food!! Waiter was accommodating in every way and the singer was awesome. The meal was served timely. Look forward to returning since our party was crunched for time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014They were understaffed for the traffic in the restaurant. There was a sold out concert a block away. The hostess was rude. Our waitress did the best she could. We received our drinks in styrofoam cups. My chicken Caesar salad looked wilted and brown. I was told it was from the dressing. It looked awful. This was my second and last visit there. Paducah offers too many other options. Disappointing experience.
- Awful experienceluvwineDined on 5/18/2014We had reservations for 6 made on Open Table. We were told we had no reservation, and were told they had no table. I showed them my reservation confirmation which made no impact on the sour hostess. We went down the road. Stay away!!
- Good Food VERY Poor ServiceliketodineDined on 5/18/2014Good thing we made reservations, we were standing in line and the seemingly frustrated hostess "I'm only helping people with reservations" she marched us to a very dark cove with 4 tables across from the restrooms..I let that go since she was in a poor mood and we wanted to be on time for our concert. It was over 20 minutes before our waitress (Holly) took our order, so we decided to save time and ordered drinks, appetizers and the meal when she did show up. After another 20 minutes all she brought was my iced tea and told us the other drinks weren't ready yet. She forgot 1 of our meals and 1 appetizer but served the egg rolls to my brother in law as his meal, she brought his meal just about the time we were finished with ours.. very poor
- Paducah iconmartiniDined on 5/16/2014Had dinner, was just ok as far as the food goes, the waitresses and waiters were delightful and had a small group singing which was very nice and not too loud for the small area of dining in the restaurant. Sat out side on the walkway for our cocktails and was waited on immediately. They even brought out a doggie bone and water for our pet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!jc249VIPDined on 5/11/2014Had the Mother's Day, brunch. Not used to eating that much at lunch, but it was good and was full the rest of the day!Special Features:
- Won't go back...BMarieDined on 4/20/2014My family and I went to Shandies for an Easter brunch...buffet had plenty to choose from, but nothing was that great...herb roasted chicken was dry, hot brown had burned places in it. Service was absolutely horrible...our waitress was working our table and a table all the way across the restaurant...WHEN we could catch her, we had to ASK for drinks...asked for sweetener and salt (neither was on the table)...finally had to get up and go ask another table for theirs. One of my family members ordered a plain cheeseburger, it came out with everything on it...sent it back and it came back without cheese. On top of that, the buffet price was $22/plate, it MAY have been worth $8, and that's pushing it. Only good thing was the dessert table.
- reviewyogired2876Dined on 4/18/2014The food was amazing. The hostesses had my name spelled wrong so he couldnt find me listed.My server looked at me from the corner doing nothing for 15 min and the moscato she bought me was flat. I willnot let this ruin my return to Shandies its a great place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food for miles around.SymsoniaVIPDined on 3/29/2014Interesting food. Not the boring food from most of the other places in Paducah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeluvwineDined on 3/28/2014Waitress not very good. Not attentive, tattoos up and down arms. She struggled opening a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go before a showBravesFanDined on 3/26/2014We went to Shandie's before a show at the Carson Center. It is a great place to go because it is within walking distance of the theatre. The food was excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Creative Food in PaducahSymsoniaVIPDined on 3/24/2014I have dined all over the world in every kind of place imaginable. If you want a pleasant departure from the usual boring meat and potatoes food around Paducah, and you are tired of the amusingly pretentious "attitude" at Max's, Shandies is definitely your place. David, accomplished chef and owner, has created the most interesting and near gourmet food in the area. His food creations combine a unique cosmopolitan flair with "down home" appeal. Match the food with an inviting turn of the century setting, a well stocked bar, occasional entertainment and friendly attentive service, and you will make Shandies one of your favorite places for food and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribledinnerfor3Dined on 3/15/2014The french onion soup was so salty you couldn't eat it, the waitress brought us side salads for dinner, when we ordered the dinner salad...first clue...If someone only orders a salad, either ask what size or guess that since that's all they ordered they might want the large salad! We called ahead to see when they started serving the dinner menu...we were told all day. We got there, and they don't even have a dinner menu any more....they have reduced to one menu (not what the show on the web page) and what we had decided we wanted wasn't even on the menu anymore! No one ever told us...Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceksquared2011Dined on 1/11/2014Took my parents out for birthday dinner. Appetizers were delicious. Entrees were delicious. Dessert was delicious. Our waitress was very good. Checked on us often and make recommendations that were very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BurgerslizyapVIPDined on 12/15/2013This is the place to get burgers! Also tried the French onion Soup with Bourbon, which was really good too, but pretty spicy (they don't tell you that) My Dad doesn't like anything spicy (hot) and he didn't like it. Can't really taste any burbon in it, but it probably adds a hint of favor.
- Dinner midweekLks47Dined on 11/13/2013Made a reservation for 5 pm but only one other table there. By the time we left at 6:45, it was busy. Their website and sign on window advertised Wine Wednesday...a bottle of wine and appetizer for $20. We were told that it was no longer available. The waitress was very nice and brought it anyway. Dinner food for me was grilled chicken breast...dry. Others had NY Strip and pork chop. They were good. It was a very cool night and the restaurant was airish and needed we needed a jacket to stay warm. Only one waitress for entire dining area. She was great but way overworked when it became busy. Overall, I would return.Special Features:
- Great steaks!MichaelDDined on 9/21/2013Shandies is an amazing place if you are wanting a good steak. The prices are reasonable for the amount of food you get as well! Some of the menu items are different but everything I have had there was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2013I was so pleased to find Shandies, truly a gem in Paducah. The brunch was not huge - but every part of it was delicious. They make eggs to order, included with the brunch, and take that order when you are seated. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. It was a good experience. Especially the creme brulee french toast...and the unbelievably good biscuits.Special Features:
- Awesome Anniversary DinnerMCrue1Dined on 7/19/2013We went for our 10th wedding anniversary. We were treated like royalty! When we asked the waiter to give a tip to the chef, the chef came out personally to ask about our dinner. The food is absolutely wonderful and there are plenty of choices. We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service.Lks47Dined on 5/29/2013Ate at Shandies on a Wednesday evening. Ordered the grilled pork chop. Others ordered meatloaf. Good portions, seasoned well. The server was very attentive.Special Features: