5085 S. Syracuse St.
Denver, CO 80237Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shanahanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3037707300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5 P.M. - 10 P.M., Friday - Saturday: 5 P.M. -11 P.M., Sunday: 5 P.M. - 9 P.M. Lounge and Patio: Monday - Friday: 4 P.M., Saturday - Sunday: 5 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alec Schrader
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shanahan's Steakhouse
Shanahan's is the modern interpretation of the classic steakhouse. From the museum appearance of its exterior to the European lighting design of the interior, the space has art features of glass, steel, stone and granite that provide a timeless ambiance. Comfortable booth banquette seating in our Lounge area is not available to book through the website. Shanahan's is a steak and seafood restaurant serving U.S.D.A prime aged Midwestern beef with a signature "Bone-In" cut selection that is not available at most steakhouses. Our seafood is all flown in fresh daily to ensure the highest quality and exceptional flavors. All fish are responsibly sourced from sustainable fisheries which mirror our commitment to the environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shanahan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Shanahan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
367 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (288)notable wine list (174)romantic (148)fit for foodies (130)vibrant bar scene (125)hot spot (111)good for groups (94)great for outdoor dining (69)neighborhood gem (49)scenic view (16)late-night find (16)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- 2nd anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We arrived about 30 minutes early for our reservation thinking we could wait at the bar . Unfortunately it was really packed. So we admired their huge wine room and Broncos memorabilia til our table was ready. Dinner was delicious , made my wife try escargot for the first time and it was surprisingly good. They even decorated our table with rose petals and our waiter brought out a complimentary slice of raspberry chocolate cake for dessert Wich was really good.overall excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely SuperbchoosewellVIPDined on 10/18/2014What a fabulous meal. Everything was beyond delicious, and the service was impeccable. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has everything you could wantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Great food (mmmmm steak), great service, perfect ambiance. Basically everything you would want on a night out with the one you love. Overall one of my favorite places to eat in Denver period!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dtc steakhouseRockymountainfinestdinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great option in the centerof DTC. Great environment! We will be back.Special Features:
- Nothing Less Than Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We celebrated a special birthday here on a Friday night. A palpable energy, vibrant bar scene and friendly, highly competent staff greet you when you walk in. We were whisked to the booth near the fireplace (requested via our Open Table reserv). Bill, our waiter, was fantastic. Following perfectly made cocktails, we dined on Blue Point oysters, chilled Caeser salad (WITH optional fresh anchovies, natch), the signature bone-in filet, fabulous Colorado lamb chops and yummy sides, washed down with a lovely Pinot Noir. As always, portions were unbelievably generous, requiring take home boxes. We were absolutely, happily satiated, when Bill presented the hugest ever 'slice' of chocolate layer cake, rounding out a superb evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you crave steak, go hereErinVIPDined on 10/17/2014My 10 year old son tasted leftovers from my visit to Shanahans the night before with my friend. He exclaimed, "This is STEAK!?" There is nothing like the taste of their steaks. I've visited every steakhouse in the Denver area from downtown to Cherry Creek to the Tech Center. There is no better filet mignon for purists who like their plain steak. The service is impeccable. The timing is perfect: It's nice and well-paced when I'm with my girlfriend and much quicker when I'm with my son who wants to eat and go. The GM always stops by when I'm with my son. We visit when his teams wins a basketball championship so he knows congratulations are in order and never fails to get my shy boy talking. The food is consistently delicious. Worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$$$$ too much for too littleSpendyDined on 10/15/2014A ton of money for an slightly above average steak; I would say Cap Grille or Del Frisco's have so much better flavor and value!Special Features:
- Consistently amazingImafanDined on 10/11/2014Best steak in Denver! Always look forward to a truly delicious meal here when I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect experienceEverest4Dined on 10/11/2014All I can say is it that everything went absolutely perfect -- a rare occurrence in any restaurant experience. Our waiter was great, food was awesome, what more is there to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place loose the saltrobyattVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great place hot spot great service, but my steak was so over salty it was painfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over BookedCrashDavisDined on 10/10/2014We go here frequently and really think that this is the best restaurant in town right now. The food is insane and the atmosphere is simply beautiful. Why the three stars? Our reservations were at 7:30 and we were sat at 8:10. This is terrible and creates an awkward way to start an evening with your dinner companions. Again, we eat here a lot and there have been times in the past when we have waited a couple of minutes for a table but this was crazy. Finally, usually when they are over booked, they get you a glass of wine or something, this night we were just sitting around with all the other people who had "reservations". Greed plain and simple, trying to squeeze a couple more diners into an already packed restaurant.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionFoodiedivaDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary & they had spread rose peddles on out table & they gave us cake to celebrate our special day. Thank you for the personal touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Denver Tech Center diningYNWA201Dined on 10/8/2014I've hosted business dinners here at least six time. Service always attentive, steaks and chops are very good with good-sized sides. Very comprehensive wine selection. Pricey but worth it for the right occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014We had a 7:45 reservation and were told when we got there that it would be a while. It was close to a 40 minuet wait for a seat. Not sure why you would have a reservation system if you don't follow it.Special Features:
- First but not LastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Great time whether it's for a professional outing or romantic evening out. This was my first time and definitely will not be the last!Special Features:
- perfect special occasion spotHateDoingDishesDined on 10/5/2014The sommalier was wonderful, helped us pick the perfect glass of wine. The lobster bisque is a favorite, but very filling. I tried the sea scallops appitizer and was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDinnerDined on 10/5/2014We made reservations almost a month ahead of time and just noted in the comments it was "our first wedding anniversary." We got to the restaurant a few minutes early and the hostess had our table ready. The table was littered with beautiful rose petals. TO make it better, our waiter, Julius I believe, knew it was our first wedding anniversary and they made the night so much more spectacular. Thank you for the attention to detail and for making us feel special in your restaurant.. it was a great experience and we will certainly be back..Special Features:
- Just okay.denverdinerDined on 10/4/2014Reservation was for 8p.m. & when we arrived was told it was 8:30. No apology or any effort made to get us in. Oysters we had in the bar were fantastic. The bone-in ribeye & 8oz. lobster tail were underwhelming for $55 & $39 respectively. The au gratin potatoes were the worst I've ever had & mushrooms were nothing to write home about. Let the waiter know the potatoes were awful. He didn't offer to take off the bill, just would we like him to bring something else. Not when we are completely finished with dinner. Not what I expect for the money. Won't be back-too many other fine steakhouses in the area.Special Features:
- TdubDined on 10/4/2014Food was good but too expensive. Service was outstanding. They gave us a free desert for our anniversary. Comfortable dining chairs and pleasing decor. Place to go when someone else is buying.Special Features:
- The bestPeteVIPDined on 10/3/2014Fantastic food service and ambiance. Best in DenverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great except too noisyWishtoHearDined on 10/2/2014Food, service and setting was great but the ambient noise level is high making it difficult to talk and hear at your table. Restaurant needs to be more isolated from the bar noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oct 1 birthday celebrationJillersDined on 10/1/2014We had reservations at 7:15 but was not seated until 8:20. Very disappointing- but they did provide wine & an appetizer as an apology. Our server was fantastic and the food was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First Time ExperiencegheppDined on 9/28/2014My boyfriend took me here for my 20th birthday! I have been to Elways, as well as Del Frisco's and think Shanahans is very comparable to Del Frisco's! The service was great, the food was even better. The calamari is an excellent starter, the filet & the cowboy are great entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you'd expect & more.DennisDined on 9/28/2014I took my wife for our anniversary, and Shanahan's was perfect for the occasion. Yet this is not a stuffy old steak house. Good food and great atmosphere. Jeans were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014You can always count on Shanahan's for great, consistent food and service. They have a superior wine list and I always appreciate the recommendations of the sommeliers - spot on! We had a great evening recently celebrating my birthday. The staff was so helpful and friendly. It was truly appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dress code issuesDoryDined on 9/28/2014I would prefer a little more dress code, at least 20% of the other diners were in Tshirts and shorts, everyone else in business casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsDinnerfor4VIPDined on 9/27/2014Had another great meal at Shanahan's with some friends. My friend ordered the filet as Medium and it came as Medium Rare. The thickness of the cut needs to be taken into account, when cooking this cut of meat. For this reason, I ordered mine Medium Well and it came out perfect (for me). The waitress disappeared after the meal was brought to the table and we needed to send the steak back for more cooking. When it came back, it looked well done (almost like a piece charcoal)--overdone. Overall, this was a good meal.Special Features:
- Great all aroundHappyinBoulderVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wanted to celebrate a special event in a special way and Shanahan's didn't disappoint. From honoring the reservation on time to excellent service and out of the world food everything was great. The food was amazing. I know it is expensive, but they made it worth it by the preparation and presentation. There was nothing about which I could complain.Special Features:
- Excellent!cowgirleveDined on 9/27/2014Our party of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our celebratory dinner on a busy Saturday evening. The oysters were ice cold (perfect!) and were even loosened from the shell for easy removal. Our filets were cooked perfectly and arrived on a scorching hot plate so that your steak was warm while you ate it. Side dishes were also piping hot and delicious. For the birthday girl, they provided a complimentary HUGE slice of chocolate cake that was big enough for to share. We found it odd that so many diners were "down dressed" in shorts with untucked shirts etc. Unfortunately, we felt rushed, as if they wanted to flip the table. Lobby area was so crowded when we left and people would not move to allow us out; maybe they need to perform crowd control.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!BigRyDined on 9/26/2014Everything was perfect from the moment we walked in to the last puff of our cigar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationkodaDined on 9/26/2014Simply a wonderful birthday experience, the food was great and Bill our waiter was excellent. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- swanVIPDined on 9/23/2014Pricey, but great food. Atmosphere is festive and busy. We would recommend and return.Special Features:
- Amazing steakReadyForCoffeeDined on 9/20/2014Before eating at Shanahan's I had never heard of a bone-in filet but was delighted to try something new. It was perfectly cooked (though I expected as much) and the flavor was outstanding. The waiter learned it was our anniversary and sprinkled rose petals on our table and gifted us with a large slice of chocolate cake. What a wonderful way to make us feel welcome. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully ExcellentHBerryDined on 9/20/2014I'm sure I won't be saying anything that hasn't been said before. Service was fantastic. Food was excellent. Soms are very knowledgeable of the wine list. Was the girlfriends birthday and waiter comped us a large slice of cake.Special Features:
- Great patio dininglovegoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014Shanahan's is conveniently located and a great place to dine with a big group, especially outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!KimberlyDined on 9/19/2014The service is top notch. The food is always delicious. Everyone from the valets to the hostesses to the servers were wonderful. Always polite and everyone works hard to ensure you enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- rwf48Dined on 9/19/2014The steaks were excellent! The service was attentive, but not over the top. A relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/17/2014Too pricey for the quality of the food, there are better choices in the area for the money. Our server was a bit unprofessional for such an esteemed restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light lowBenjaminDined on 9/16/2014Everything was great, but I could barely see the menu w/ the extremely low-light. But overall very good experience. Saw Mr. Shanahan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionproudmaryDined on 9/15/2014When reservation made on open table, I shared that we were celebrating my sister and brother-in-law's 40th anniversary. We were welcomed into a booth that was sprinkled with red rose petals. After dinner, our waiter Dean brought out an anniversary card with personalized note along with a dessert.Special Features: