5085 S. Syracuse St.
Denver, CO 80237Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shanahanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3037707300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5 P.M. - 10 P.M., Friday - Saturday: 5 P.M. -11 P.M., Sunday: 5 P.M. - 9 P.M. Lounge and Patio: Monday - Friday: 4 P.M., Saturday - Sunday: 5 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alec Schrader
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shanahan's Steakhouse
Shanahan's is the modern interpretation of the classic steakhouse. From the museum appearance of its exterior to the European lighting design of the interior, the space has art features of glass, steel, stone and granite that provide a timeless ambiance. Comfortable booth banquette seating in our Lounge area is not available to book through the website. Shanahan's is a steak and seafood restaurant serving U.S.D.A prime aged Midwestern beef with a signature "Bone-In" cut selection that is not available at most steakhouses. Our seafood is all flown in fresh daily to ensure the highest quality and exceptional flavors. All fish are responsibly sourced from sustainable fisheries which mirror our commitment to the environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shanahan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Shanahan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
353 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (270)notable wine list (154)romantic (134)fit for foodies (105)vibrant bar scene (98)hot spot (92)great for outdoor dining (72)good for groups (71)neighborhood gem (43)late-night find (19)scenic view (12)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Service was VERY GOOD, food Delicious, and great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Great dining experience. Very chic. Great service, excellent food, portion sizes just right. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Went to Shanahan's last night on the Denver Restaurant Week deal. This was definitely our best restaurant experience this year. Everything was perfect. My wife and I both had the small filet special. The steaks, mashed potatoes and the asparagus spears were fantastic. Shanahan's will be our first choice restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!LuvEatnOutDined on 8/27/2014Filet was one of the best we've had. So tender you could literally cut it with a fork. Calamari was exceptional as well, and we have eaten many a plate in many locales. When the quality is so high one doesn't mind paying a bit more. Glad to see the portions were ample as well. Huge wine and spirits menu! The only negative was that the music in the bar area tables was a bit loud. Made it more difficult to converse. Servi e was attentive and friendly. We shall return.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014So happy they participated in restaurant week so we could afford to go! I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unforgettable!LaraineDined on 8/26/2014Loved trying Shanahan's for the first time. We had a drink on the patio, which was beautiful, while waiting for our table. We weren't sure how such a nice restaurant's waitstaff would treat us when they saw we were participating in the Denver Restaurant Week, but they were all so friendly. I was even serenaded by the waiter for my birthday. The food was delicious beyond words. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014This was my 2nd visit. We were seated in the bar area which was not very comfortable and extremely noisy. The music was horrible. The service was good our food came in a fair amount of time. I had the filet which was cooked to perfection it was very very good as were the garlic mashed potatoes. The salad was not cold and crisp the asparagus was very thick and woody. Desert ok My 1st experience was 100 spot on.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014The steak at Shanahan's is the best in the state. Their ageing process creates a steak that melts in your mouth. The service is also exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceMollyVIPDined on 8/26/2014They clean your table from bread crumbs/ food three times. The manager came by to ask if everything was satisfactory during Denver Restaurant Week, which was super busy. So that was admirable. The salad at Il Fornio is better, the filet was cooked perfect, mashed potatoes and asparagas sides were fine and the chocolate mousse was delicious. I think they could have tried to "wow" people more with the food, but it's a nice busy restaurant and they probably don't need extra business. If you brought friends and family here, I don't think anyone would be disappointed.Special Features:
- always wonderfulKENNYDined on 8/25/2014beautiful dining room!......................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealBobDVIPDined on 8/25/2014We brought out of town guests to dine at Shanahans. Terrific experience from the food to the atmosphere to outstanding service. Nice to show folks from Indy, our Super Bowl trophies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014A very busy evening, but the service was outstanding and food was hot and delicious. The place was packed but our table of six had no problem visiting - much appreciated by our group of 70's. The restaurant upheld it's 2013 5280 Best Restaurant Award.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made to feel special....jhockDined on 8/25/2014When making reservations, I mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived, we were escorted to a beautiful table that was covered with red rose petals. Very romantic. Throughout the dinner, we were greeted with "happy anniversary" welcomes....not overdone, but it was obvious everyone was made aware. We requested to "slow down" our dinner so we could enjoy a relaxing evening sipping on wine and conversation. The calamari was delicious and plentiful, steak cooked as requested, and a decadent dessert topped off the evening. The entire staff was very attentive from topping off our wine glasses to personally serving the sides. Always friendly and seemingly enjoying what they do. They made our evening very special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Great bread! Service teriffic! Nothing to complain about at all.Special Features:
- Great place for a special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014My wife and I really enjoy our visits to Shanahans. The food is spectacular and we intend on returning ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Outing on 8/25/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Tried Shanahan's for first time during this promotion - meal consisted of salad, 5 oz filet mignon streak with mashed potatoes and asparagus, and desert - all dishes were all prepared well and tasted Great - $10 glass of wine complimented the meal - the Superbowl trophies and ring displays were neat to see - I would definitely recommend checking out this restaurant during Restaurant Week Promotion. Taylor our server did a Great job of making us feel welcomed. I was advised Mike even stops by and greets guests occasionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner for Restaurant weekkateylynnVIPDined on 8/24/2014A party of four dined at Shanahan's for the first night of Restaurant week(formerly 5280). The Prix Fix menu included a large salad, choice of Salmon or Filet and Chocolate Mousse. There were also $10 Wines available by the glass. The steaks were melt in your mouth delicious and tender, the Salmon was perfectly prepared and the dessert was the perfect touch to a great dinner.Special Features:
- great steak but small side portionsKimmerDined on 8/24/2014This was my first time at Shanahan's as I went during 5280 restaurant week. I will say the food was excellent but the side dish ortions were small. Three of us shared the garlic mashed potatoes which ended up being a tablespoon each. Again very good but still. Went to Elway's too for 5280 restaurant week at Cherry Creek and they pretty much had the same menu. I ordered the potatoes and it came in the same dish as Shanahan's but there was no splitting. My daughter who went with received her own mashed potatoes. It is enough potayooes to last for three days. Both places had excellent food and great service. One more thing. The wine list at Shanahan's is huge!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was "just right"EddyDined on 8/24/2014Shanahan's Steakhouse has a great reputation for good reason. They make everything, from service to food, just right. A great experience when the experience matters.Special Features:
- CelebrationKimjVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating and this was a great place to do that. The food was awesome, the steak was "like butter". Fun and energetic place to dineSpecial Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We decided to try Shanahan's for the first time during restaurant week, and we were floored by how good EVERYTHING was. The steaks were well seasoned and cooked perfectly. The service was impeccable - our waiter was helpful and there whenever we needed him, but was not hovering or interrupting when we didn't. The restaurant week deal is a steal here, but we would not hesitate to choose Shanahan's at other times for any kind of special occasion. This place truly is the best of the best.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding. We will look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver restaurant weekHappyBeginningDined on 8/23/2014We happened to go during restaurant week. The options under 'the deal' were a bit limited but appropriate. The sides and salad were all obviously cut back. However, the food was great as always and I didn't leave feeling stuffed or uncomfortable. It was a nice night to finish off a drink outside too. That is a great set up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Place for dinnerKenny303Dined on 8/23/2014Finally made it to Shanahan's for dinner. Lucky for us it was during restaurant week so it was a little less expensive if you stuck to the special menu. Our group indulged in a few extras and enjoy everything. We had the Salmon and filet both cooked to perfection, as were the other items asparagus and potatoes. They had Ciroc Vodka so the martini's were wonderful. We would definitely go back the food and service were the best. A very enjoyable night out.Special Features:
- Something wrong with serviceDisappointedregularDined on 8/22/2014I'd been so looking forward to dinner on the Patio with great music from Phunkaphino. The music was great, as I had expected. The dining experience was not. I consider Shannie's to be a favorite spot. Imagine my surprise when I found the service on Friday evening to be sub-par. Something went terribly wrong. 45 minutes to receive my first of only 2 drinks. Dinner's arrival took nearly 2 hours, poorly served, and poorly executed on every level. I think that he young lady assigned to our table must have been brand new, and obviously alone, left to handle what appeared to be an entire section on her own. Where was Mark? His obvious absence was reflected throughout the house - it was chaotic. I know you can do better.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedRocksandDined on 8/22/2014We love Shanahan's! It's always perfection and delicious and memorable!Special Features:
- Summer concert seriesMjgfunDined on 8/22/2014We had a good time at the last concert series 8/22/14. Weather was great. Good crowd. Service was a little slower than normal. We had reservations inside from making them earlier in the week, expressed interest in seating outside, front desk said they would possibly see about seating us outside, but it was pretty booked. They called us two days prior and said no chance of seating outside. We kept reservations anyway. We arrived for our reservations and said a spot opened on patio and would we like to accept. It was nice they kept our note about patio in the computer system. KUDOS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpriced...with an attitudePeterVIPDined on 8/20/2014Shananhan's is a special event place for our family (i.e. its not in the price range we normally dine at), so we expect a lot. When you pay $50 for a steak it should be perfect and melt in your mouth. I found the food only "average" on this visit, at prices that dictated much more. Our waitress Tirza was great, but the other staff we encountered had attitudes that reeked of: you're so lucky to be here! In sum, will not be going back any time soon.
- So so. Yesterday's salad.SEDenverfoodyVIPDined on 8/20/2014So so restaurant. Yesterday's salad. The greens were limp and unappetizing. The asparagus was over cooked. We both ordered fish, which was good and tasty, but my halibut came with large chunks of green olives that weren't very appealing and didn't add to the dish. Their signature cake was dry and unremarkable. All lin all, way over priced for what they delivered. On a Wednesday night, it was crowded and rather noisy.
- Disappointing - I Will Not ReturnDudleyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Given the price, the food was not worth it. First the steak was over cooked; wild mushroom side did not have any wild mushrooms, it was 100% button mushrooms that were over seasoned and undercooked; and, the truffle Mac with lobster the pasta was over cooked and there was no hint of truffles. The steak was served on a plate so over hested that my medium rare porter house steak kept cooking and medium by the tine i was finished. The server was nice but inexperienced. I ordered a pilsner beer and was brought a glass of wine. When I got the bill they charged me for both the beer and wine. This is a restaurant that trys to seem polished and upscale but does not have the maturity or depth to pull it off. I will not return or recommend.
- On the company's dimeKennyGee123Dined on 8/18/2014The company I work for provided me with an opportunity to dine anywhere in town I wanted to for my 35th anniversary. We chose Shanahan's! We had gone there before for Restaurant Week and greatly enjoyed the food, service and ambience so we came back again to see if we'd enjoy it a second time. We had a wonderful night and experience and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014The restaurant atmosphere is comfortable and the tables are nicely spaced from each other so quiet conversation is possible. The overhead music could be turned down, or better yet, turned off. The sweet potato fries are outstanding and the steak is sizzling and delicious. This is a good restaurant for a birthday dinner. The restaurant could be more elegant with the removal of all the televisions.Special Features:
- Extremely poor quality for $$$$InternationalFoodie1VIPDined on 8/17/2014We left Shanahan's feeling that we'd been grossly overcharged for food that was well below Sizzler standard. In the bar, the cocktails were generous, but the bartender was sullen, not at all friendly. Our order of calamari that was rubbery and tasteless. At dinner our filets were grey in color. I ordered rare; the exterior was a few shades darker grey than the interior. It looked well done as there was no red, all grey. I was provided a new steak that was again grey but rare as the interior was ice cold. But no blood nor carmelization. Frankly, I had no idea what kind of meat it was as there was no flavor either. Gross. We all had steak and all were equally disappointed. Dessert blah. $400 for three people. We'll not return nor recommend.
- This place was great!TaylarandKevinDined on 8/15/2014It was my husband's birthday and our waiter made it very special. He was kind and very friendly. This place couldn't have gotten any better other than the people sitting outside the window of our table. I think the outside life was great just if you get a table with a veiw that's what you should get not the other people blocking it. Those table shouldn't be at the windows. Other than that it was wonderful. I wish I could have just taken my waiter home with me lol he was GREAT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningGrifcoDined on 8/15/2014Just a very nice all around experience. Just wanted to take my wife out for the perfect Friday night and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Last time at Shanahan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014The steaks were overcooked. As in beyond well done and we had asked for medium well. No pink inside these steaks at all. Steaks were tough and dry. Everything else was over salted. We have dined at Shanahan's multiple times before but will not return.
- hostesses are amazingluvthebandsDined on 8/15/2014Your hostesses are amazing!! What great service! The bands are also great - so sorry the summer in Colorado is so short!!Special Features:
- date nighttordyVIPDined on 8/14/2014You give Mr. Wonderful and I such a great place to come for our date night, Tori knows how to keep you laughing . Crabcake heaven, thanks Mr Shanahan, it was heavenlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This was our 2nd visit and it was fabulous both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningEladShahDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Shanahan's and had a wonderful time. we had hear that it was good, and it lived up to its billing. One of the best New York steaks I have ever had! They treated us with a wonderful dessert and traded out a glass of wine that didn't taste like the first one. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.