5085 S. Syracuse St.
Denver, CO 80237Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shanahanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3037707300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5 P.M. - 10 P.M., Friday - Saturday: 5 P.M. -11 P.M., Sunday: 5 P.M. - 9 P.M. Lounge and Patio: Monday - Friday: 4 P.M., Saturday - Sunday: 5 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alec Schrader
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shanahan's Steakhouse
Shanahan's is the modern interpretation of the classic steakhouse. From the museum appearance of its exterior to the European lighting design of the interior, the space has art features of glass, steel, stone and granite that provide a timeless ambiance. Comfortable booth banquette seating in our Lounge area is not available to book through the website. Shanahan's is a steak and seafood restaurant serving U.S.D.A prime aged Midwestern beef with a signature "Bone-In" cut selection that is not available at most steakhouses. Our seafood is all flown in fresh daily to ensure the highest quality and exceptional flavors. All fish are responsibly sourced from sustainable fisheries which mirror our commitment to the environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shanahan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Shanahan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
366 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (287)notable wine list (166)romantic (137)fit for foodies (129)vibrant bar scene (117)hot spot (98)good for groups (83)great for outdoor dining (74)neighborhood gem (47)scenic view (16)great for lunch (14)late-night find (14)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- Great First Time ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My boyfriend took me here for my 20th birthday! I have been to Elways, as well as Del Frisco's and think Shanahans is very comparable to Del Frisco's! The service was great, the food was even better. The calamari is an excellent starter, the filet & the cowboy are great entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you'd expect & more.DennisDined on 9/28/2014I took my wife for our anniversary, and Shanahan's was perfect for the occasion. Yet this is not a stuffy old steak house. Good food and great atmosphere. Jeans were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014You can always count on Shanahan's for great, consistent food and service. They have a superior wine list and I always appreciate the recommendations of the sommeliers - spot on! We had a great evening recently celebrating my birthday. The staff was so helpful and friendly. It was truly appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dress code issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I would prefer a little more dress code, at least 20% of the other diners were in Tshirts and shorts, everyone else in business casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsDinnerfor4VIPDined on 9/27/2014Had another great meal at Shanahan's with some friends. My friend ordered the filet as Medium and it came as Medium Rare. The thickness of the cut needs to be taken into account, when cooking this cut of meat. For this reason, I ordered mine Medium Well and it came out perfect (for me). The waitress disappeared after the meal was brought to the table and we needed to send the steak back for more cooking. When it came back, it looked well done (almost like a piece charcoal)--overdone. Overall, this was a good meal.Special Features:
- Great all aroundHappyinBoulderVIPDined on 9/27/2014Wanted to celebrate a special event in a special way and Shanahan's didn't disappoint. From honoring the reservation on time to excellent service and out of the world food everything was great. The food was amazing. I know it is expensive, but they made it worth it by the preparation and presentation. There was nothing about which I could complain.Special Features:
- Excellent!cowgirleveDined on 9/27/2014Our party of 4 thoroughly enjoyed our celebratory dinner on a busy Saturday evening. The oysters were ice cold (perfect!) and were even loosened from the shell for easy removal. Our filets were cooked perfectly and arrived on a scorching hot plate so that your steak was warm while you ate it. Side dishes were also piping hot and delicious. For the birthday girl, they provided a complimentary HUGE slice of chocolate cake that was big enough for to share. We found it odd that so many diners were "down dressed" in shorts with untucked shirts etc. Unfortunately, we felt rushed, as if they wanted to flip the table. Lobby area was so crowded when we left and people would not move to allow us out; maybe they need to perform crowd control.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!!BigRyDined on 9/26/2014Everything was perfect from the moment we walked in to the last puff of our cigar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationkodaDined on 9/26/2014Simply a wonderful birthday experience, the food was great and Bill our waiter was excellent. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steakReadyForCoffeeDined on 9/20/2014Before eating at Shanahan's I had never heard of a bone-in filet but was delighted to try something new. It was perfectly cooked (though I expected as much) and the flavor was outstanding. The waiter learned it was our anniversary and sprinkled rose petals on our table and gifted us with a large slice of chocolate cake. What a wonderful way to make us feel welcome. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully ExcellentHBerryDined on 9/20/2014I'm sure I won't be saying anything that hasn't been said before. Service was fantastic. Food was excellent. Soms are very knowledgeable of the wine list. Was the girlfriends birthday and waiter comped us a large slice of cake.Special Features:
- Great patio dininglovegoodfoodDined on 9/19/2014Shanahan's is conveniently located and a great place to dine with a big group, especially outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!KimberlyDined on 9/19/2014The service is top notch. The food is always delicious. Everyone from the valets to the hostesses to the servers were wonderful. Always polite and everyone works hard to ensure you enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- rwf48Dined on 9/19/2014The steaks were excellent! The service was attentive, but not over the top. A relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/17/2014Too pricey for the quality of the food, there are better choices in the area for the money. Our server was a bit unprofessional for such an esteemed restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light lowBenjaminDined on 9/16/2014Everything was great, but I could barely see the menu w/ the extremely low-light. But overall very good experience. Saw Mr. Shanahan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionproudmaryDined on 9/15/2014When reservation made on open table, I shared that we were celebrating my sister and brother-in-law's 40th anniversary. We were welcomed into a booth that was sprinkled with red rose petals. After dinner, our waiter Dean brought out an anniversary card with personalized note along with a dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Excellent service, wonderful food, generous birthday dessert with a birthday card!Special Features:
- So-SoJDogDined on 9/14/2014I was expecting a lot more. Just an average steak place with bad service.Special Features:
- Memorable evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great food, lovely restaurant. It's a little pricy, but worth every penny. I'm a veggie, among meat eaters and was delighted with options for me. Cocktail were great as well. Don't miss it!!Special Features:
- Food and Ambianceluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014Food and ambiance are second to none. Service is also exceptional. Had a filet mignon; I believe it was the best I've ever had. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- GreatSteaksDined on 9/12/2014Amazing steakhouse. Del friscos with a better atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems a shame....BobbiNDined on 9/12/2014As loyal patrons we've recently observed that quality is decreasing and prices are increasing. When purchasing a $45 to $50 + steak, one expects a thimble full of peppercorn sauce might be complimentary, however at Shanahans the cost is $4. Their "table sized" side dishes have become individual portions, yet the servers go around the table dishing out basically teaspoon sized samples to maintain the illusion. Their expectation is obviously to sell more $12-$14 sides/salads. We also noticed that during peak times, preparation quality of the food is diminished. Shanahans has been one of our favorites since opening but it appears that formerly uncompromising quality has given way to ever higher profit demandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Team Effort!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The staff was SO knowledgable and helpful. Having an opportunity to try 3 different wines in to help with our final selection was awesome. I had dinner out with a friend but we felt very pampered. The service from all was outstanding. I'll definitely be back and more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing else like it!TheFoodDude83Dined on 9/12/2014The steaks at Shanahan's Steakhouse will melt in your mouth like nothing you've ever tasted. I don't know how they can possibly make them so much better than anyone else, but the quality elsewhere is not even close. At least once in your life, treat yourself to a visit to Shanahan's. While winning 2 Super Bowls with the Denver Broncos, Mike Shanahan published a book on leadership. In it, he has a chapter titled "Detailing," where he talks about the importance of why details matter. At Shanahan's Steakhouse, no detail is overlooked. In fact, the steaks at Shanahan's are so good that even the Chick-fil-a "eat more chicken" cows would approve of them! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation delays - great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014They were challenged with seating folks on time and we had to wait a considerable time. They bought us a drink while we waited - a very nice touch on our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSpotDined on 9/11/2014The food was incredible and the service was even better. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the wines and the food. He was perfect for being at such a fancy restaurant for the first time. He guided us through the menu, making suggestions and had a wonderful personality. He made our dining experience better than I could ever imagine. It is expensive but worth it for a very special occasion. I will never forget the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvboeufDined on 9/9/2014Had the 22oz ribeye ... Best steak in Denver, pricey but worth it; nice display of Shanahan's super bowl hardware.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014The food and serivce was as expected, very good and very professional. I highly recommend Shanahan's for all occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebrationDWellserDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner with my parents and siblings. Wonderful across the board. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- LauraVIPDined on 9/5/2014Always consistently great food!! Everything we have had so far and again has been delicious and done perfectly!! Great ambience and great for our bigger groups and comfy for smaller groups. Drinks are fantastic as well as the wine list!Special Features:
- Best steak I've ever eaten!!KmdcoloDined on 9/5/2014Jacob, our server, was very helpful in making menu selections, and his service was outstanding. The 22oz bone in ribeye was amazing. It was cooked perfectly, and was the best tasting steak I've ever eaten. I also highly recommend the clover honey cheese cake. Shanahan's is elegant, but not as intimate as Brooke's or Flemmings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joeydbirqDined on 8/31/2014there were a few minor problems. the staff was fast to fix them. the staff was very courtesy and apologetic for the minor problems.Special Features:
- OutstandingServicesnobDined on 8/31/2014Service and food were outstanding, as we've come to expect, as was the atmosphere, we enjoy and appreciate the recognition and personal service and attention we received from our server.Special Features:
- Not greatluvfoodDined on 8/31/2014The prime rib was less than to 1/2" thick. Hard to tell what the true flavor was. We have been to Shanahan's many times and this is the first time I was disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- TravelerTravelerDined on 8/30/2014Excellent service, great quality food. Have eaten here several times and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceOceanloverDined on 8/30/2014The cocktails were very good. The scallops were delicious! The lemon cake dessert was great. We asked for a booth, and we found that it wasn't the best choice for couples who want a quiet dinner. Overall, it was an enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Not that impressedfoodiefinderDined on 8/29/2014Me and my husband went for my birthday and granted we make fairly good money but to spend it at a place that makes you feel like your ordering off the special menu they bring out the salad that was mediocare at best and the filet was big enough for me but was ok slightly tough for a tenderloin the service of the sides was rushed by the servers, I guess I expected more for the price I think next time I will spend my $120.00 making my own meal at home.Special Features:
- Nice but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/29/2014Beautiful restaurant but a bit noisy. Had a 20 minute wait past my reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NandDDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful service and tasty food. Quite expensive and also noisy so not conducive for in depth conversations.Special Features: