5085 S. Syracuse St.
Denver, CO 80237Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.shanahanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (303) 770-7300
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5 P.M. - 10 P.M., Friday - Saturday: 5 P.M. -11 P.M., Sunday: 5 P.M. - 9 P.M. Lounge and Patio: Monday - Friday: 4 P.M., Saturday - Sunday: 5 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alec Schrader
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Shanahan's Steakhouse
Shanahan's is the modern interpretation of the classic steakhouse. From the museum appearance of its exterior to the European lighting design of the interior, the space has art features of glass, steel, stone and granite that provide a timeless ambiance. Comfortable booth banquette seating in our Lounge area is not available to book through the website. Shanahan's is a steak and seafood restaurant serving U.S.D.A prime aged Midwestern beef with a signature "Bone-In" cut selection that is not available at most steakhouses. Our seafood is all flown in fresh daily to ensure the highest quality and exceptional flavors. All fish are responsibly sourced from sustainable fisheries which mirror our commitment to the environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shanahan's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Shanahan's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
375 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (295)notable wine list (187)fit for foodies (143)romantic (143)vibrant bar scene (135)hot spot (126)good for groups (100)great for outdoor dining (59)neighborhood gem (55)late-night find (16)scenic view (14)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)Show More
- The food and service is consitently exceptional!TripValueVIPDined on 11/25/2014We've been going to Shanahans for a number of years. The food and serive is costistently good. The steaks are the finest you'll find anywhere. They have an excellent selection on their menu (i.e. seafood, appetizers etc.). I highly reccomend it to all my friends and guest who visit from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over The Top....AGAINWadePerryVIPDined on 11/18/2014When you want to do it up right, look no further than Shanahan's in Greenwood Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks & fish. Try crab cakeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/18/2014Great place very good food and perfect service. A wine list which is easy to read and great selections It is a must go when traveling to Denver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dining ExperiencesatdinerDined on 11/17/2014I took my husband to Shanahan's for his birthday. It was one of the best dining experiences that we have ever had and we eat out quite a bit. The waiter was courteous, knowledgeable and attentive. The food was delicious and the steaks were cooked the way that we requested. The wine complimented the meal. At the end of the meal, my husband was presented with a huge piece of chocolate cake with a candle on the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillROpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2014Always a top notch experience at Shanahan's. A new server for us, Natalie, but the same predictable high, and appropriate level of attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration locationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014Staff was proactive and attentive. We had a great birthday meal for our teenage son. The food was excellent, and we had a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFwa1Dined on 11/15/2014Food and services were tremendous! The hostess even let us take one of the Lombardi trophies out of the trophy case to get a picture with it. Great atmosphere and not too stuffy like you find in some nice steak houses. They made it enjoyable, yet classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerSavSydDined on 11/15/2014From the moment we walked in, we were made to feel special. We were celebrating our anniversary and a birthday. Rose petals greeted us on our table, and all who passed wished us well. The wait staff was very attentive, and our waiter Ryan was fabulous. The food was outstanding, excellent steaks. Great wine list. A keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationProfEngDined on 11/15/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday, and it was a night to remember! Our meal was fresh and delicious. We ordered the cocktail shrimp as an appetizer, wedge salad and steak. Everything was cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. Our waiter was very personal and provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had lovely evening.DebbieDined on 11/15/2014Only complaint is calamari was rubbery and not as good as last visit. Crab oscar on filet was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Nice FindDM1114Dined on 11/14/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. It didn't start off well. We had a 7:15 p.m. reservation but didn't get seated until 7:40 p.m.. We were offered a free drink/cocktail while waiting. Once seated everything improved. The service was great and the food was outstanding. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationRutheDined on 11/13/2014We arrived at a table covered with red rose petals! What a lovely way to begin - the adjoining table wanted to join us! We were going to try something different but once again the steak won out! Everything was exceptional - the brussel sprouts, au gratin potatoes, French onion soup and, of course, the fabulous steak and lobster. Then to top it off, the chocolate cake (compliments of the house). Ahh, chocolate. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply superb in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2014Always excellent. You can't go wrong here. Great food, great service, excellent wine list and bar. Live outdoor entertainment on summer weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DinningciomittomorrowDined on 11/10/2014What a fantastic meal. Every dish was perfect and the steak is the best in Colorado. Service was superb. My wine glass was never empty! Speaking of wine, unbelievable wine list. My new favorite restaurant in Colorado and I don't even need to drive to Denver to enjoy it!Special Features:
- Best Steak I've ever EatenGoatDined on 11/8/2014By far the best steak I've ever had. Get the escargot for starters, it's an extremely tasty dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedHendoDined on 11/7/2014First off...I had reservations for four. Upon arrival, our table was not ready and had to wait for 35 minutes to be seated. For an upscale restaurant, I was surprised at how loud it was inside. For the money spent, I would go elsewhere next time.Special Features:
- ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!!!!BushrahDined on 11/7/2014It was our first time there (my wife and I were celebrating 21 years wedding anniversary). When I was reserving our spot for dinner I mentioned that we have an anniversary. There were rose petals on the table! We shared a crab cake for appetizer and I had their famous Colorado Lamb Chops and my wife had the sea bass special that evening. Oh my! Both meals were exquisite. Not to talk of our server! She was incredible. She was kind, professional, and very timely. Also because it was our anniversary, they gave us a complimentary slice of their heavenly chocolate cake. When you want your spouse to feel special, take them to Shanahan's - they'll be talking about it for a long time. I am not kidding!Special Features:
- Consistently fabulous food&servicedeliciousnessDined on 11/5/2014It is always a special treat to dine at Shanahan's Steakhouse. The food is phenomenal and the staff are wonderful. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!DRA1Dined on 11/5/2014Love to eat dine and wine at this great establishment! Anniversary, birthday, just having a drink or meeting colleges, this place is wonderful! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar scene and good foodbradsiffVIPDined on 11/5/2014Was in town for business and Shanahan's was recommended. Very happy I went - food was great and bar scene was lively in a cool space. Would definitely return next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cusine!John4DenverDined on 11/4/2014Just loved the steak. Cooked to perfection and didn't need a knife it was so tender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moresteakDined on 11/4/2014Had steaks of course, both ribeye (22oz) and NY Strip, which were prepared perfectly and seasoned wonderfully. Oftentimes, even at high end steak houses, steaks are left relatively unseasoned and bland. These were excellent. The creamed spinach is also excellent. Service was extremely attentive and Adam was superb.Special Features:
- never disappointsKandTinDenverDined on 11/3/2014Another fantastic evening at Shannahans. Drinks, food, and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib Anywhere!!FoodieDined on 11/2/2014This is the best prime rib I've had anywhere and I grew up eating beef in the Midwest which is hard to beat. The $49 prix fixe Sunday evening dinner is a bargain. The 12 oz. prime rib is a very generous cut with little fat. We took leftovers home and I had a total of three meals from my entrée and my husband had two. Everything was exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent TimeLuv2dineDined on 11/2/2014We had a fantastic time, the food was wonderful and we enjoyed my birthday. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse and MoreKB2014Dined on 11/1/2014Shanahan's Steakhouse lives up to its name. We tried three different kinds of steaks and they each were absolutely delicious. Each steak was prepared as we requested. Suggestions by our server were perfect. The wine list is extensive. In fact the wine listings were listed in a 'book', with many pages to peruse. We were celebrating two birthdays and at the end of our meal, our server brought out two large servings of the most amazing cake. Our birthday guests felt very special and enjoyed the personalized birthday cards from Shanahan's. Thank you for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShanahansBigdadDined on 11/1/2014Great service,nice room. My girlfriend's filet was perfect,my ribeye was tender but over seasoned. The sides were great but she made a mistake on one of them but we ate it anyway and she took it off the tab so I guess that made up for the salty steak.Special Features:
- Great first timeSlingerOtheWebsDined on 10/31/2014This was my girlfriend and mine first time dining at Shanahan's and it was awesome. Our server recommended a great wine to pair with our meal. The bone in fillet was mouth watering delicious and the skin on the trout simply melted in my mouth. The ambiance was laid back and would fit anything from mild to romantic. Over all a great time was had on our anniversary and we will definitely be dining here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thomas Narsete, M.D.tan1949Dined on 10/30/2014Great restaurant to entertain. My COO traveled from Phoenix so I chose your restaurant.Special Features:
- TOO LOUDMcpatDined on 10/29/2014The food was great but it was soooooo loud, could hardly have a conversation with our guests.Special Features:
- Incredible, but you pay for itJP5280Dined on 10/25/2014Food was spectacular. Service as well. But very, very expensive.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner!AlkatDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I had an amazing dinner, everything was a top notch. From the steak and lobster to an amazingly tasty desert. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerInluvDined on 10/25/2014Was there for our anniversary dinner when we got there they had a table with rose pedals on table then the waiter knew it was our anniversary so he said happy anniversary when we finish with dinner shanahans gave us a huge chocolate cake and a happy anniversary card from themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LchLCH1Dined on 10/24/2014It was a long wait even with reservations. Food and service was fine but very loud and bright. More for a young bar scene group not fine dining. Not worth waiting for. They did bring us wine as we waited so they tried.Special Features:
- Excellent!!mmckDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I went to Shanahan's for our 26th anniversary and we had a wonderful time. The food and service were fantastic and I highly recommend them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceRichVIPDined on 10/23/2014Shanahan's is one of my 2 favorite restaurants in Denver. Service for this business meal was EXCELLENT as usual. Noise levels were very high for our business discussions, and booking a private room was overly expensive. (Del Frisco's, the other favorite did not charge us for the private room we had there the previous night). Despite the noise, everyone enjoyed the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd anniversaryyazben1020Dined on 10/18/2014We arrived about 30 minutes early for our reservation thinking we could wait at the bar . Unfortunately it was really packed. So we admired their huge wine room and Broncos memorabilia til our table was ready. Dinner was delicious , made my wife try escargot for the first time and it was surprisingly good. They even decorated our table with rose petals and our waiter brought out a complimentary slice of raspberry chocolate cake for dessert Wich was really good.overall excellent dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely SuperbchoosewellVIPDined on 10/18/2014What a fabulous meal. Everything was beyond delicious, and the service was impeccable. Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has everything you could wantJoeyJoJoDined on 10/17/2014Great food (mmmmm steak), great service, perfect ambiance. Basically everything you would want on a night out with the one you love. Overall one of my favorite places to eat in Denver period!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dtc steakhouseRockymountainfinestdinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great option in the centerof DTC. Great environment! We will be back.Special Features: