Shalimar Restaurant - Seattle
4214 University Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
U Village / U District
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Shalimar Restaurant - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatshalimar.com/
- Phone: 2066333854
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily - 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Dinner: Nightly - 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment
- Catering: We also specialize in catering! From large parties to small gatherings, we’re here for your celebration. Pick up your order from us or we’ll deliver to you. We also offer a full service wait staff. You provide the fun, we’ll provide the flavor!
- Entertainment: Come enjoy an evening of entertainment with your meal - we are now proud to present Bollywood inspired belly dancers, on Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
A word from Shalimar Restaurant - Seattle
Come and enjoy the spice of life at Shalimar Restaurant! Serving the flavors of Indian, Pakistani and South East Asian Cuisine since 1988, Shalimar Restaurant has become a well known name in the University of Washington community, and in the city of Seattle. We provide unforgettable flavors that transport you to the heart of the Indian culture. Our beautiful waterfall and candlelit tables create the perfect atmosphere for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shalimar Restaurant - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good food, but music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2014The garlic naan was excellent, and the tikki masala with goat meat was very good with an unusual and delicious melding of flavors. We were seated in a booth near the rear that was somewhat dreary but allowed us privacy. That would have made a good setting for quiet conservation except that the music that played constantly was jarringly loud.Special Features:
- Great authentic Indian foodHappyFunTimeDined on 11/23/2013The owner was very nice and made great recommendations for dinner. Everything was tasty. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. We'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013my worst meal at shalimar's. i asked for mildly spiced korma & my mouth was burning. also, the sauce was not of its usual consistency. it seemed to be broken. disappointing trip to what was my favorite indian restaurant.
- Fair enough.sallyvonbutaneDined on 12/15/2012The food was fine, nothing spectacular. The portions were adequate and service was also adequate.
- The food was very good. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2012The food was very good. I would recommend the meat sampler appetizer as a nice thing to share if you have a party of 3 or 4. The one disappointment was that the dishes weren't as spicy as we would have preferred. They do allow you to choose the level of spicyness, but the food we were served was mild in spicyness despite requesting moderate spicyness. I guess it's hard to know where the scale is starting! Still,I will definitely go back.
- Great Indian-Pakistani foodJBrazilDined on 3/25/2012Great Indian-Pakistani food at a reasonable price.Special Features: