1422 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://shaherzadrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3104703242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Persian, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Shaherzad Restaurant
The quality of our food is excellent. We are very well known for our Beef and Lamb Shish Kabobs. We use all natural Filet Mignon, lamb, chicken and Cornish hen. We have an open oven to bake our very own special bread that is loved by all of our customers. We offer various appetizers, rice dishes and stews, as well as a wonderful selection of lunch specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Shaherzad Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014Looking for kabob late at night? Standard Persian restaurant. Large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Shaherzad Restaurant reviews archive.
- Accurate Iranian FoodktazzDined on 1/4/2014Meal was amazingly authentic. Service was slower and non attentive. Music was up loud and skipping, but was never corrected. Go for food, but not for other restaurant qualities.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Persian in WestwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/22/2013Maybe it's the wood-burning stove. Maybe it's the freshness of the ingredients or the consistently good service. I go back often and will keep going backSpecial Features:
- A Place to Return toSharibabyVIPDined on 8/6/2013We come back for multiple reasons and I enjoy the favors from Shaherzad. My friend who as introduced to the establishment wants to return for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome breads (house-made)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Awesome breads (house-made) and yogurts. We loved their herbs/onions/sumac appetizer. Very good food. Mush have tart cherry rice. If ordering an entry per person prepare for carry-out.Special Features:
- Overall the food was okayTheDudeDined on 3/14/2013Overall the food was okay and the service was really bad. For example our water was only filled once during the entire meal and it took them about 30 mins to take our order.
- Incredibly delicious authenticMichaelVIPDined on 3/12/2013Incredibly delicious authentic food, a great experience!Special Features:
- Best Persian in Westwood? The USA?JakeVIPDined on 1/12/2013Westwood Boulevard south of Wilshire has one of the highest concentrations of Iranian-Americans in the country. Accordingly, competition among Persian restaurants is intense, with all good and some superb. Shaherzad is in the latter category with food ranging from very good to sublime. Notable is the bread, universally, loved, the skewers, and the stews. If you are unfamiliar with Iranian food, it can be a bit overwhelming, but the servers are friendly and can usually explain things. We didn't like waiting near the door for a table, however, and would appreciate a bit more friendliness when entering.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. IhappydinerDined on 1/6/2013The food was wonderful. I had the chicken barg, and my husband had the chicken kebob with a special rice with orange and pistachios. Very tasty. We also loved the special bread, brought to our table straight from the oven. We enjoy this restaurant very much. The servers are very friendly and attentive, the food is always consistently good, and it is always filled with diners; we love the energy.Special Features:
- Waitress with attitude serving goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2012Food was good, service not so good. It did not seem that the waitress who served us cared so much to work there. She had an attitude of doing us a favor by serving our food order. Every time she was at our table ( total 3 times, taking order, serving food and at the end of our meal) she repeated " do you NEED (ehtiaj dareed) anything else" instead of " would you like to have anything else" ( mail dareed?). Perhaps she was never trained how to serve in a restaurant. I would like to emphasize the food was good.Special Features: