Shadowbrook Restaurant Capitola
1750 Wharf Rd.
Capitola, CA 95010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Shadowbrook Restaurant Capitola
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.shadowbrook-capitola.com/
- Phone: (831) 475-1511
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Dining Hours: Mon-Fri 5:00pm-8:45pm Sat 4:30pm-9:30pm Sun 4:30pm-8:45pm Winter Rockroom Bar Menu Available: Mon-Sat 4:00pm-10:00pm Sunday 2:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Kresge
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Shadowbrook has an in-house pastry department for banquet, wedding, or special occasion needs. For more information please call Allyson at 831-475-1222.
- Private Party Facilities: Shadowbrook's four private dining rooms are the perfect location for evening special events, receptions, and weddings for groups of 10 to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Allyson 8314751222
- Entertainment: Live music in the Rock Room Lounge Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Mention to us that it is your birthday and receive a complimentary ice cream sundae.
A word from Shadowbrook Restaurant Capitola
In Capitola-by-the-Sea, beside lush Soquel Creek just before it empties into the Monterey bay, Shadowbrook is best reached by its own quaint, hillside 'cable car' or the meandering garden path alongside waterfalls, ferns and flowers. For over 60 years, Shadowbrook has been famous its for fine food, wine and liqueurs served in an atmosphere of Old World charm and grace. Now, better then ever, Shadowbrook is perfect for any special occasion...or for no occasion at all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Shadowbrook Restaurant Capitola - Best Restaurants in Capitola ›
Shadowbrook Restaurant Capitola reviews from OpenTable diners
499 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (424)romantic (399)scenic view (374)fit for foodies (194)neighborhood gem (176)great for outdoor dining (150)notable wine list (145)good for groups (127)vibrant bar scene (67)kid-friendly (53)hot spot (53)great for brunch (42)late-night find (39)great for lunch (34)Show More
- Beautiful Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014We have been going to this restaurant for many years. Every time we are in this area it's a must to go to Shadowbrook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great AnniversarycpbradleyDined on 11/22/2014This was the second time we have celebrated an anniversary at this site. The food is outstanding, the service is great and what can you say about the location except OMG.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimelessBuzz94583Dined on 11/22/2014Very special venue for very special occasion. . Beautiful scenery, landscaping. Special cable car. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We had an awesome dinner at our anniversary day. Such a romantic place :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 62nd Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014For over 62 years we have been going to The Shadow Brook, for all our Special Occasions as well as fun times. You could not find a better place to hold Birthday's, Engagements, or a simple brunch. It is wonderful for a bright sunny day to sit by the window and watch the voats and ducks go by. So Have Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Took my husband for his birthday! It was a first time visit for both of us and it was definitely worth driving over one hour to get there! Love, love, loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience for our 41st anniversaryNoelDined on 11/22/2014We picked Shadowbrook for diner to celebrate our 41st anniversary and were very happy we did. I think we had one of the most romantic tables in the restaurant, in a corner with windows on two sides overlooking the creek. For dinner we went with our server Chris's recommendation and had the combination seared caramelized, scallops with whipped potato, sautéed spinach, truffle-scented wild mushroom-Sherry cream and a six oz. filet mignon, for two. Since my wife and I like our meet cooked differently the cook split the filet and cooked to each of our tastes. For dessert I had the vanilla bean crème Brulee with almond wafer cookie. One of the best I have had. An additional nice touch was the little plate with two candles and two hand-made chocolate truffles our server brought to help celebrate our anniversary. Overall great service, great food, romantic location. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We had a great meal, our waiter Christopher was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and about the history of the restaurant. The ambiance was wonderful and the place was very unique and we loved it. Definitely will return again and recommend it to others as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/20/2014I had your scallops special and although tast was excellent I spent the rest of the night with a large dose of Peptp-Bismo.Special Features:
- First Time HereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The Service was just amazing from the start to the end we had a great time we just loved the place and will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot to celebrateSCLocalDined on 11/19/2014We've lived in the area for decades and there are numerous restaurants here, but when it come to picking a place for a special celebration, The Shadowbrook really can't be beat. Over the years the quality of food and service has gone up and down, but I am happy to report that for the last few years both have been in the 5 star range. The only negative (?) thing I can say is that while we were there celebrating my brother's birthday, FIVE other tables also were there for b'days! So we weren't very original...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014this is not my first time dining at this restaurant although this particular evening became something for my date that she will never forget. it was as the staff could read my mind and know exactly what to do without having to be told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impersonnel and genericimpersonnelDined on 11/15/2014There was a long wait despite having made reservations. They have many different wait staff attending the table in a robotic fashion which makes it feel more like a production line than a fine dinning experience. The food was ok, but the overall experience generic. I would not recommend for a special occasion.
- Romantic dinner spot.CoastalDiner75Dined on 11/15/2014The location and ambiance of the Shadowbrook is fantastic. Great menu selection and specials are always inviting. The food is usually prepaired perfectly. Unfortunately at our last dinner there, a group of six, one of the three lobsters ordered was undercooked ( a bit rubbery). Also every visit seems to cost alot more. I realize that inflation plays a part in this, it just does not seem right to order a $43 steak and have to pay $10 extra if you want a soup or salad. We have been coming here for over thirty years and is still one of our family's favorite special occasion destination, even with a two hour drive for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shadowbrook is always the bestnewersDined on 11/15/2014The food, atmosphere and ambiance can never be beat. Great food choices and beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic Paths10kImmortalsDined on 11/15/2014We found the restaurant a suitable venue for our 2nd date. There are multiple scenic entry/exit paths to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 60th Birthday CelebrationCaroleDined on 11/13/2014We were seated right away. Our waitress was excellent! Food was fantastic & so beautifully plated! We enjoyed ourselves very much. I had been here before a long time ago for a bridal shower brunch & it was even better than I remembered it to be. I was so happy I had chosen Shadowbrook as the restaurant to celebrate my 60th birthday....we had a party of 6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Romantic. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014I planned a very romantic night for our first anniversary. The food, the atmosphere the staff all amazing. We want to do it again next year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Dining ExperienceJimWDined on 11/11/2014We had not been to this place in a while and forgot how wonderful it is. Everything about the experience was perfect from the reservation timing, the seating, atmosphere, service, and food. We were seated at the reservation time at a table overlooking the water. Service started immediately but was not pushy. We stared the meal with some delicious soup that was some of the best Minestrone I have ever had. Warm rolls were served with the meal. Frankly I could have made a meal out of the soup and bread alone. Our entries came in a timely manner, at the right temperature and cook to perfection. Our event was honored with two handmade chocolate truffles but we had their recommended delicious mud pie as well. We could not hoped for a finer meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereDebemilioDined on 11/10/2014Food was good but over priced Service was ok Atmosphere is ok great views but we could not see becomes it was dark by the time we sat down Touristy placeSpecial Features:
- Nice spot for family or romantic dinnerJeepaugsterDined on 11/9/2014With daylight savings, we had wished we had gone earlier to get a better view of the Soquel Creek. Still it was a very nice evening. Salads were delicious. For the main course, I had the raviolis which didn't seem like raviolis, more like wonton wraps with some cheese in them. I would not recommend that entre. My husband had the duck. The flavor was good but it was very tough. We would definitely go back to try some other entres. It was a very busy place for a Sunday night. If you go, take the tram down to the restaurant which has 5 levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great but long waitSaraDined on 11/9/2014We had to wait for an hour after our reservation before we were seated, and then it took our server another 10-15 minutes to get to us. Once we got our orders in, everything was wonderful -- no complaints! And the food was amazing, we cleared all of our plates. We were told the kitchen was behind and that was causing the delays in getting people seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerDoodleDined on 11/9/2014love the Shadowbrook. Gorgeous grounds and great service. Food is very goodSpecial Features:
- ShadowbrookKG82Dined on 11/9/2014The restaurant was super romantic! The food tasted amazing. Ambiance was spectacular. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will definetly be returning in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadowbrook birthday dinnerscfoodie17Dined on 11/9/2014Brent was our server, he gave us great, specific recommendations. He particularly noted the scallops as a must have. I loved the ambiance and architecture of the restaurant. Our group had a wonderful time and will definitely be returning. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!Luv2dineDined on 11/8/2014What a beautiful location! Perfect romantic dinner with my boyfriend and it can't get better with Shadowbrook! Although they don't have too many vegetarian dishes.. :) Still one of the most beautiful places I've had the pleasure to eat at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014This place is awesome. Great food/service. Highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and SpecialKeenDinerDined on 11/8/2014Beautiful and Romantic restaurant with great scenery. Each dining area has its own theme. Absolutely the best filet mignon I've ever had. Cable car lift down to the restaurant makes the experience more special. Beautiful grounds to explore if you want to walk the stairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodgalDined on 11/7/2014We had a special birthday dinner for 7. We were seated in a semi-private alcove where we were able to enjoy dinner, talk, and take our time without being pressured. The service was impeccable and the food very good. I had the 6 oz filet mignon and it was perfectly cooked and quite filling, with the mushroom ragout, bernaise sauce and potatoes au gratin. Others had the prime rib, spiced roast lamb, bouillabaisse, and a vegetarian dish; everything was tasty. We split various desserts among us, also good. I had the caramel crepes. Yum. I would definitely recommend Shadowbrook, especially for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:
- RonnVIPDined on 11/6/2014Just what I expected, always outstanding. Have yet to be disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lemon seedseedDined on 11/5/2014there was a lemon seed in my creamed spinach which broke in two pieces when I bit down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib SpecialcarignanDined on 11/3/2014We love Shadowbrook and have eaten there numerous times. We appreciate the prime rib and seafood specials but was disappointed by how thin of a slice of meat for the 2 friends who ordered medium cooked rib. Medium rare slices were perfect portions. Plan on returning for seafood Thursdays.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time!JenniferDined on 11/3/2014Perfect dining experience. The Prime Rib was delicious and the attention to our needs was outstanding!Special Features:
- Slhoward1@yahoo.comOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food and service was great! The noise from people talking wAs a bit to loud at times I could not hear my guest. That would not stop me from coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadowbrookgooseDined on 10/27/2014location was awesome, had reservations for 5pm got there early sat a bar , atmosphere was warm and welcoming, bartender was great didn't get his name. Glenn was our dinner waiter and he is an exceptional find. Glenn and the busboy where efficient and friendly, they both gave us a history lesson on the Shadowbrook.We went to celebrate our birthdays, we had zucchini appetizers which were out of this world. my wife had prime rib dinner and I had panko and pecan mahi-mahi which were cooked perfectly. As soon as Glenn found out about our birthdays he brought out a great ice cream desert with candles and sang happy birthday. View and atmosphere were awesome we are already making plans for a return visit. We highly recommend this restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service toosusieDined on 10/26/2014Great eveing. Great food, service wine everything!!Special Features:
- Dinner at the ShadowbrookggevDined on 10/25/2014I have eaten at the Shadowbrook many times, and always have a wonderful experience. One of my favorite dishes is prime rib, but unfortunately this time, I was quite disappointed. The prime rib was very tough. I will say that the rest of the meal was delicious.Special Features:
- Awesome!!Luv2grubDined on 10/25/2014A co worker recommended Shadowbrook so I had to see for myself. I took a friend & my daughter. We had an awesome experience! Our waiter, Brent, was very knowledge. Definitely worth the two hour drive & we will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit Not LastFirstofManyDined on 10/25/2014I've heard all about the Shadowbrook since high school and it was everything I expected. At 61, I have been at some excellent restaurants and this is one of the most notable, top 10, I've been to. My wife and I will be back.Special Features:
- Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The scene was set from the start, taking a descent into tranquility. The atmosphere and scene stunned for romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.